Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities (36064 Views)

AMERICAN Dream Is A Mirage, Only Racism, Poverty-nigerian Asylum Seeker, Ajibola / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Is Canadian Dream A Mirage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by sukkot: 9:41pm On May 30, 2022
MeetDx:

True that, Chicago is crazy...all the guns and whatnot!
just an outright crazy place to be in. when it gets hot there must be at least 40 people murdered per weekend in the summer. the place is just full of degenerates. even the governor of the state was locked up in pprison for corruption. its like naija but a more organised form of naija

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by delpee(f): 9:42pm On May 30, 2022
Well, people are getting killed here en masse daily too. There's BH, ISWAP, bandits, ritualists, organ harvesters, touts et al. There are few very safe places in the world today.

However, Americans need to review their gun laws soonest. It's becoming ridiculous the rate at which youngsters get guns and kill people for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by sukkot: 9:43pm On May 30, 2022
TWoods:

Why won’t legal residents leave when you’ve turned your county into a safe haven for illegal immigrants, who technically are breaking federal law?
the illegal immigrants believe it or not are most needed in chicago. they do alot of work that indigenes feel is beneath them. they build houses for cheap etc. they are needed. people are leaving because of the corruption not because of illegals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by sukkot: 9:46pm On May 30, 2022
BigIyanga:

You’r the dumbest brotha here.. Conflating job opportunities for Legal residents vs illegal residents.
Conflating Governor’s job vs Mayo’s. Pls go play somewhere
you are just a stupid mahfuka mayne. a girl comes here narrating her harrowing experiences on the mean streets of chicago and instead of you to let her have her moment and empathize with what she has been through you come on here talking about oprah winfery. you are a stupid mahfuka mayne

its like a negro catching hell on the mean streets of lagos and one idiot starts saying well the conntry has produced dangote and elumelu and otedola so you should not be suffering in naja. what kinda argument is that ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by delzbaba(m): 9:55pm On May 30, 2022
MyAmericandream:

South side of Chicago is still manageable gunshot here is normal, Just duck your head and run when you hear the sound. The west side is the real ghetto of Chicago, everywhere stinks there, that hood irritates me like craze.
sadly the whole african american side of chi town is in the loo
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by nijanigga: 9:58pm On May 30, 2022
sukkot:
BROTHER how is north clarendon avenue on the south side of chicago ? are you sure you were not living at twin towers on north clarendon and wilson in the uptown neighborhood. that place is full of naijas
Sorry you're right cost of typing too fast on Android and can mess words and spellings.
Yep,those high rises ,don't even forget something downstairs, going up and down elevators .One time a dude crashed his car navigating those curvy high rises parking lot. I only go visit but not of recent too rough ,except I have stopover at O,hare busy,old and always congested airport ,where common snacks are very expensive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 10:00pm On May 30, 2022
Legendoo:

Werey , no be by juju . You go work for here unless you want to do Fraud. After working sef you'll be average at best even on your 100 k salary. So what else?

You no fit understand , person wey never see kobo for life , zero exposure dey talk rubbish.

Just blabbing nonsense up and down , the article is about life in Chicago and what she said resonates even through out the western world .

Everything in life isn't about money but your low iq and poverty mindset analyses everything as such.

You think it's like Nigeria where people come into money just like that. Sho, you be ode.

Monkey sef wan blow grammar.

Ode buruku
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by McStoic(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

America na God's own country truly truly if you get the right info and know your way.

If na only the gun violence, I go manage am like that dey careful where I dey enter and the kind neighbourhood wey I go stay.

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

https://www.nairaland.com/7145274/re-abroad-life-not-easy

Abeg, anybody wey get legit way to jakpa come America, you better take am oh...

Sweet and blessed country.

I dey come to write more..make I drive reach work first.

Modified:

You see all these spoilt, lazy, and rotten brats, if you listen to them mislead you or successfully make you keep away from competing with them out of wickedness and envy, na you sabi.

This kid could be a privileged rotten kid back home in Nigeria who probably had a whole room to herself with a driver to chauffeur her back and fro wherever she goes without much of an understanding to the fact that "nyansh dey pepper egg wey dey lay egg wey she dey chop".

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

The idiot even went on to say their condition improved when their asylum was approved. They should have sought the asylum in Nigeria na..

Talking about her parents doing long hours of work. It's evil and ungrateful to God and nature to make such complaints. Now it isn't the lack of jobs oh but the long hours of job. The question people of sound mind should ask are:

* What is the hourly wage
*Do you get owed or short paid for these jobs?
* Are these jobs back-breaking or hard jobs?
* What are the general working conditions of these jobs?

Only wicked and selfish people will tell you America is bad, unsafe, and hard to survive.

Very wicked and mean people.

Even if you find a job with an agency paying $10-12 per hour, you have enough hours to work if you want and can do the job to take in as much as $4k per month.

Now, you can imagine how much a direct staff at the same job who knows what brought him to the US will take home.

Na so all of them dey collect and drive big big new cars because work hours dey to dey pay monthly na all these enjoyment dem no want make people come enjoy with them.

My dear people, there is so much work and less hands such that na me dey reject hours because I need to rest but when I dey my bed I no dey fit rest because my mind go dey calculate how much I dey miss because I want siddon for my bed.

One thing though, it depends on the people you met when you got in and the information you had before making the moves.

One can successfully live and work in the US for 100 years and more as an alien without the right documents so long as you stay away from trouble and keep to the rules.

The system is aware of this fact that loads and loads of illegals abound in the country and of course, are doing the jobs their people won't do which are jobs in very critical sectors and the authorities turn the other way so long as the jobs get done in a timely manner and the economy/system keeps spinning.

In my 1 month that I've been here, Na God bless America I dey take sing every morning...

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Na to work move all my family if possible, my entire clan comot from that dustbin called country.

When I step out from airport, na cry I cry go reach where I dey go inside train when my eye see wetin country and living suppose look like.

May all Nigerian evil leaders both past, present, future, and the ones in the grave continue to rot in hell....

Demons...

I pray for every Nigerian to experience life outside of Nigeria, particularly to the first world countries to understand the difference between life and living.

Hahahaha...well said bro. You are frankly funny and brutally honest too

At just 14 years, I wonder what she has seen to warrant such ungrateful complaints from her. That's a very nasty ingrate in the making.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by VULCAN(m): 10:18pm On May 30, 2022
Like the average person, you believe that it's only what you see that is there.

You saw what you wanted to see and that's ok.

Allow other people who saw differently from you to be ok too.

Or didn't you read this in the same article:

"She described America as a reality of racism, poverty, food insecurity and gun violence."

A little girl who never left Chicago is describing America like that and you are hailing her.

That doesn't resemble in the least the places I have been to in Texas and Georgia.

She dropped some serious hyperbole and if she had said she has travelled all over America it may have been a bit tolerable even though it still a bloody lie!

Aidejay:
The point of this thread is obviously lost on so many people.

A story about someone whose expectations of America didn't meet her reality, but she coped, learnt and evolved to suit the environment she found herself.

And now she's striving, applying to further her education and improving herself.

And she's telling you people,

And as usual you descended into insults, curses and unnecessary clapbacks.

Any reasonable person will pick a lesson or two from this and adjust their idealisms accordingly.

"Although I plan to go away for college, I don’t plan to stay away. After I get my degree, I hope to go to medical school at the University of Chicago, here on the South Side. Because leaving this neighborhood isn’t going to make it any better. But coming back, serving the community, working to get programs funded, and working to get guns off of the streets could make a difference for others who are born on the South Side or arrive here with big dreams of their own."

God bless Ajibola. May she achieve all her dreams and expectations.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by LastProphet: 10:33pm On May 30, 2022
learner007:
No be Obama be that for that photo? Mumu pikin! As if she could ever get close to Buhari's car back home. smiley
All the nonsense written up there is typical of a black teenager in Mid Western parts of America. I lived in different parts of Illinois, including Chicago, for 3 years, so I sabi their ways. She has only stayed for 5 years and has allowed those entitled and bitter akata kids destroy her mentality. Shame!
She claimed the American dream hardly exists for minority. Yet she is clawing her way to University of Chicago medical school. If only you sabi the reputation of University of Chicago worldwide, then you would understand that America has helped her dream big and kept her dream intact. It would be easier for a camel to slide through the eye of a needle than to get a chance into Uchicago medical prog from Ibadan. I bet you, this girl is already a nightmare to her Nigerian parents. She would have rubbished all of their efforts to get her a better life. Na so these spoilt naija teenagers dey do. Once they get into this place and discover their parents can't touch them, they develop wings and become defiant to all authorities. They see nothing good again, and complain at the slightest thing. Even in Universities, they will drop their medical and tech majors, and start pursuing courses with racial titles. They blame the system for their inadequacies and colorize every single thing. Her type no dey get sense until them don turn 30+ as single mothers. Them full Chicago. Yoruba say, "pikin wey dey blame him parents say them no get money. Hin sef don begin hin life journey, make we dey watch." Make una ignore the idiot. American Universities don fund my Masters and my PhD programs. I dey take care of my parents back home. I'm grateful to God. Every resource spent on Japa moves is well worth it. Na who give up, eff up!

You really understand the average African American psyche, they are natural failures with very dumb perspectives. Was very happy you mentioned the STEM issue how these mofos avoid STEM thinking they are hurting white people. All their intellectualism revolves around only race and nothing else. Go to nasa you wont see them, go to spacex you wont see them. If you see black there they from Africa. The small girl has had her head turned by those failures
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Princewill1(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2022
Buhari really dealt with Nigerians. The poverty and ignorance in this country is too much. Abject poverty no wan let Nigerians see truth in what this girl is saying.

To some of them,the girl is rubbishing their only way/place of making it in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Kunja2: 11:03pm On May 30, 2022
Nawa o... I hope she and her family finds it easy tho

Get the best of Oraimo powerbank and don't bother about Nepa

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Aidejay(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2022
VULCAN:
Like the average person, you believe that it's only what you see that is there. You saw what you wanted to see and that's ok. Allow other people who saw differently from you to be ok too. Or didn't you read this in the same article: "She described America as a reality of racism, poverty, food insecurity and gun violence."A little girl who never left Chicago is describing America like that and you are hailing her. That doesn't resemble in the least the places I have been to in Texas and Georgia. She dropped some serious hyperbole and if she had said she has travelled all over America it may have been a bit tolerable even though it still a bloody lie!

Wow! What the FCK... Did you just invalidate her experience? Her story her life.

SMH.

I wish her great luck and success in her endeavors. People like you are everywhere!

Disgusted.

Any reasonable person will pick a lesson or two from this and adjust their idealisms accordingly.

"Although I plan to go away for college, I don’t plan to stay away. After I get my degree, I hope to go to medical school at the University of Chicago, here on the South Side. Because leaving this neighborhood isn’t going to make it any better. But coming back, serving the community, working to get programs funded, and working to get guns off of the streets could make a difference for others who are born on the South Side or arrive here with big dreams of their own."

God bless Ajibola. May she achieve all her dreams and expectations.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 11:10pm On May 30, 2022
TWoods:

Why won’t legal residents leave when you’ve turned your county into a safe haven for illegal immigrants, who technically are breaking federal law?
Go do ur research.. Crimes are committed by legal residents. Pls take ur conjecture somwwhere
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 11:15pm On May 30, 2022
TWoods:

And south Chicago wonders why it’s become a cesspool for crime. undecided
Nothing in my post correlates your fallacy. Gun crimes are committed by legal residents.
Also those highlighted points are beneficial to immigrants like OP.
Stop watching Fox News. Chicago is not in the top 15 cities with gun crime
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Cousin9999: 11:19pm On May 30, 2022
1. This has already been posted.

2. Her expectations were probably very unrealistic. America isn't some magical land.

3. She's a child. She hasn't even really lived enough to say anything about America.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Emma513: 11:26pm On May 30, 2022
Come back to Nigeria

Let enjoy our selves
Stop discouraging others grin cool

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by SPAMBOX7: 11:27pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Mtcheeewww...tell her now to come back to Nigeria, and see her shakes her head in refusal immediately.

She should stop talking nonsense and complaining. If she finds life there so unbearable, she should relocate back to her paradise Nigeria.

A lot of people will do everything to be in her position. It's better to suffer in a country you're not a citizen than to suffer in a country you're a bonafide citizen, which many Nigerians are currently experiencing in this shithole.

I wish Americans were like me, they will immediately deport her useless ass back to her Eldorado Nigeria. You can't come and benefit so much in my country then still had the guts to write rubbish about the country you benefitted so much from. ingrate.

@Bolded

You just said all I wanted to type grin

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by learner007(m): 12:45am On May 31, 2022
LastProphet:

You really understand the average African American psyche, they are natural failures with very dumb perspectives. Was very happy you mentioned the STEM issue how these mofos avoid STEM thinking they are hurting white people. All their intellectualism revolves around only race and nothing else. Go to nasa you wont see them, go to spacex you wont see them. If you see black there they from Africa. The small girl has had her head turned by those failures

God bless you. At least someone gets the point. Some people don't just understand what The American dream means. No be everything be color. A society that allows you to become whatever you want to become, provided you are willing to put in the effort. To them, everything na racism, spits!

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by learner007(m): 12:51am On May 31, 2022
LastProphet:

I don see them wella. Na only 3 out of 1000 dey serious.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by learner007(m): 12:54am On May 31, 2022
SARSCoV2:

Not everybody had the opportunity you had.

Some struggled to get to the USA and did not bring $1000 into this country. They working their way up and you must agree its really been tough for them. I am certain her parents choose that area cos of cheap rent and why she saw another view of America.

In as much as people become very successful in America, it still does not erase the reality that people are also struggling.

I prefer not to throw words back and forth. I never disputed the fact that people struggle everywhere in the world. But my point is about The American dream. Except the two of una no even understand what 'The American dream' means in the first place. I rest!

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Connected1: 1:30am On May 31, 2022
Robertgreene1:
Interesting...
The US is a sick country...with lunatics everywhere u go...
The white ones suffer from a Myraid of mental issues...both real and imagined..just call a white boy..."dull" or something like that nd d next thing..he goes shooting innocent kids..
The black ones re worse off..those ones don't ever wanna get useful in life..all they think about is..drugs..gangs..sex and more sex... littering d whole place with babies..
The so called "American dream"..is just a pathetic culture of consumerism and an endless pursuit of unrealistic goals(Rat Race)... Americans work crazy hours just to afford things they don't really need...which in turn leads to drug abuse.. depression nd suicide...
A typical working class American takes up huge mortgages(loans) to buy up costly homes..cars.. stuff like that..then works crazy hours at different jobs with little sleep every day to pay up those huge mortgages...the lack of sleep and d constant threat of legal prosecution ND ultimately loosing dt mortgaged house/car/stuff leads him/her into depression..then into drug abuse..then into a
bitter divorce...then ultimately SUICIDE... A "developed"country that records more than 123 suicide deaths per day..and u tell me that country is not sick?
Are you saying Nigeria is better off because we don't record suicide rates.

All of una wey far condemn better thing go really jam suffer for this life.

People living above their means are everywhere and we all know the end results of such habits.

I don't even want to talk much but that girl is just being stupid, ungrateful and hasn't been to the rural/ghetto areas of Nigeria.

Southside of Chicago dae learn for the ghetto wey I grow up.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Lifepia: 1:52am On May 31, 2022
Quiny32323:

You are living in your own world and this is why most black people are still backward and too emotional to make progress,They only focus on their weak point and wail like idiots.if you are well read you will understand that the capitalist world is a modified jungle where you have to survive by any means necessary and eschew unnecessary emotions and the white folks are not even left out,we still have homeless and jobless whites also. She is very lucky unlike some northern almajiris they are not even sure of their next meal not to talk of being educated. Focus on your goal and try to outsmart the system and have peace of mind. Maybe it Could have been worst if the blacks where to be the whites with what I have witness in my life so far and I overpaid my dues for whatever i have today( no scholarships or free travel) n iam still paying not minding the distraction. American dream is real, 99% can't be wrong. Iam not even in America...lol

If you confess that you are not in America, then two things are true, one you are a liar or two you are delusional. You are professing information you got from Google as your own. We should be able to use the information from the story of Elizabeth to hold our own leaders accountable to force them to stop the looting and use the excess money from each budget allocation and roll it into the next budge instead of sharing the excess money and use all that money to develop our country to the envy of the world. Nationalism has been erased from our dictionary and it has been replaced by personal gratification and greed at the expense of everyone else. Hence your recommendation for her to conform and stop wailing. God help us.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Lifepia: 2:08am On May 31, 2022
learner007:

God bless you. At least someone gets the point. Some people don't just understand what The American dream means. No be everything be color. A society that allows you to become whatever you want to become, provided you are willing to put in the effort. To them, everything na racism, spits!

Both of you are really delusional. You make light of 400 years of slavery and what it does to your DNA. Did you even know that it took three (3) years for the slaves in Texas to get the news that they had been freed by the federal government. Operant conditioning is a powerful tool that was employed against the slaves for 400 years and you think that this can be undone in 50 years? There are places in America, where a black person can not been seen in charge or they risk their lives. Try researching why the Greyhound bus service has to switch black drivers whenever they are going through white towns? If you think the racism thing is overblown, try driving through the suburbs of America and comeback to report your experience.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by learner007(m): 2:29am On May 31, 2022
Lifepia:

Both of you are really delusional. You make light of 400 years of slavery and what it does to your DNA. Did you even know that it took three (3) years for the slaves in Texas to get the news that they had been freed by the federal government. Operant conditioning is a powerful tool that was employed against the slaves for 400 years and you think that this can be undone in 50 years? There are places in America, where a black person can not been seen in charge or they risk their lives. Try researching why the Greyhound bus service has to switch black drivers whenever they are going through white towns? If you think the racism thing is overblown, try driving through the suburbs of America and comeback to report your experience.

Well done, Mr History. I'm sure your business was also burnt down in Wilmington. Mumu!
You have only written what every single one of us knows. But you failed to show me how all this automatically makes The American Dream a mirage. In case you are blind from eyes to your fingers, go back, ask someone to help you read and understand my stance. And don't forget to get lost!

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Lotechi(m): 2:35am On May 31, 2022
Ishilove:
A Nigerian lady, Ajibola Elisabeth Junaid from Oyo State narrates how she migrated with her family members to the United States in search of greener pastures. Her family settled in Chicago, as they were all asylum seekers. It did not take long for her to discover that hardly does the American dream exist for minorities or people of colour.

She described America as a reality of racism, poverty, food insecurity and gun violence.

She is a senior student at Wendell Phillips Academy High School.

Her narration below:

https://nigeriastandardnewspaper.com/ng/true-life-story-american-dream-is-a-mirage-struggle-only-racism-poverty-food-insecurity-gun-violence-are-realities-ajibola-elizabeth-junaid-a-nigerian-asylum-seeker-in-chicago-narrates-experien/
Y’all should maybe plan properly before traveling. I have stayed here for just four years- I have a house and a brand new 2021 SUV to show for it.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by MMotimo: 2:44am On May 31, 2022
Don’t be fooled by the thread title. Read, digest, think. Who goes and lives in Chicago’s south side? The multitude of Nigerians doing very well in America nko? It’s the story of asylum seekers that takes front page. That area of Chicago is VERY ROUGH. That’s no man’s land but for every neighborhood like that, there are tons of others all over the US that are nothing like described!

The only thing to learn from this thread is to do your research, know where you are going and how to get there without too many mistakes. Many Nigerians live a very comfortable and sometimes luxurious life in America. If you wish to live there, focus on those stories and how they achieved what they have, not beer parlor threads.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by DCatt: 3:49am On May 31, 2022
American dream is alive and well(though it's been shaken for the past 16 months and will get worse before it gets better)but there are rules to make it a reality.

Racism is everywhere not just the US, the reason Africans feel it more than others is because we don't build brands for ourselves, we still depend on white people and others to do the basics for us. Indians, Chinese and others do their own thing without much from others. They have cornered certain services and markets, your money is theirs to take.

And guns, lots of guns is part of it. Guns save lives. I'm getting a new R-15 for my birthday, no one should feel vulnerable and at the mercy of criminals that will always have their guns through the cartels. Even criminals say they don't go to homes where guns are in.

It's only in America you see 25 years blacks that weren't born in the US making 6 figure salaries with paid for cars, $20,000 left in school loan and homes that will be paid off in 15 years. All through honest living. What they all have in common is they have plans and budget. I pray they will meet partners who are smart with their finances too.

I just laughed at how people waste their money and then wants to burrow, some can't handle $1k emergency, some even want to burrow $350. You have no business buying a $500,000 house if your take-home is less than $100K. Only half of your salary should go into living expenses or one salary if you are a couple.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 4:01am On May 31, 2022
sukkot:
you are just a stupid mahfuka mayne. a girl comes here narrating her harrowing experiences on the mean streets of chicago and instead of you to let her have her moment and empathize with what she has been through you come on here talking about oprah winfery. you are a stupid mahfuka mayne

its like a negro catching hell on the mean streets of lagos and one idiot starts saying well the conntry has produced dangote and elumelu and otedola so you should not be suffering in naja. what kinda argument is that ?
You’re a deluded mfer. How did you expect an illegal asylum seeker from Naija to live American dream without going thru the due process.
Typical Naija mindset of receiving gratification before doing the actual work.

What made her claim asylum seeker when she moved from SW Nigeria.. the most peaceful area in the country? Folks like u gross over the fact that she was an asylum seeker with limited options. Trump and covid made it harder seeking asylum in the US.. and yes S/Chicago was one of their limited options.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by TWoods(m): 4:54am On May 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

Nothing in my post correlates your fallacy. Gun crimes are committed by legal residents.
Also those highlighted points are beneficial to immigrants like OP.
Stop watching Fox News. Chicago is not in the top 15 cities with gun crime

That’s just idiocy to assume I watch Fox News. I don’t, but do not support part of south Chicago essentially becoming a sanctuary city for illegals, who definitely contribute to crime. There is a clear correlation… the more white an area is, the less violent crime. You can whine about Fox News all you want.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by TWoods(m): 4:55am On May 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

Go do ur research.. Crimes are committed by legal residents. Pls take ur conjecture somwwhere

Simply stupid… what “research”? Is south Chicago not a crime ridden disgrace? Is it also not a sanctuary for illegal immigrants?
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by armyofone(m): 5:11am On May 31, 2022
Lady, go into college and get that degree. That's when you make a differentce. She shouldn't spend her time talking about the ills of system but get a decent degree/education and and a good job.

Let your money and class do the speaking.

Leave the pros and cons to the " mirage" to the political people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport / U.S TSA Assesses Lagos Airport / Truck Crushes Everything In A Shop Except The Owner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.