Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja (29840 Views)

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Addax Workers Lock Out CEO, Colin Klapa, Begin Strike / Benue Workers Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Donpuffy(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2022
O ga
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Ken4Christ: 6:46am On May 31, 2022
Supported. But they should not make it 2,000 naira per trip. The low price is the reason for the high patronage. And the turn over they enjoy gives them good profit. But I think a review to 500 for the same distance they pay 300 is reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2022
These guys dey mad o, when I’m here thinking the fares are already too high. Wahala for who no get motor. Chai undecided

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Cocobongo(m): 6:47am On May 31, 2022
grin
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:48am On May 31, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Supported. But they should not make it 2,000 naira per trip. The low price is the reason for the high patronage. And the turn over they enjoy gives them good profit. But I think a review to 500 for the same distance they pay 300 is reasonable.

The lowest rate on bolt currently is 500 except the rider has a discount, which is augmented by Bolt.

The problem with Bolt is they accept everyone to drive on their platform, just bring a car.

You’ll meet some drivers/cars and be wondering how they scaled the screening and inspection phase

9 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by ufotunang: 6:48am On May 31, 2022
You can see the importance of a functional refinery....if our refinery were working at least 50% of nigeria problems will be solved .. then additional with constant electricity light you have solved 80% of nigeria problems...then the rest will be solved gradually. So the next elected president should take this issue of refinery and electricity very serious and make sure it works out for the economy to be good and better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by baretalk: 6:51am On May 31, 2022
Oga we go take red taxis joor.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by psalmz(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining
from that money ,he will buy fuel,he will pay commission ,he will still fix worn out parts ,20k In this present economy is trash

7 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by psalmz(m): 6:53am On May 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

The lowest rate on bolt currently is 500 except the rider has a discount, which is augmented by Bolt.

The problem with Bolt is they accept everyone to drive on their platform, just bring a car.

You’ll meet some drivers/cars and be wondering how they scaled the screening and inspection phase
same way with unruly passengers

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by teepain: 6:59am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

I guess you should focus more on his expenditure and not what he makes. My interaction with some of these ride hailing drivers show that they barely make profit.

For instance the guy that you mentioned who makes 20k on Saturdays, will incur the following costs to make the 20k:

Fuel - 6k approximately
Bolt commission - 5k/6k (There are unconfirmed reports that their commission is now 30%)
Contingencies for maintenance and depreciation - 5k

Therefore on that 20k, he is probably making a profit of about 3k to 4k.

Note that he may refuse to set aside that portion for maintenance, but if he does that he would be without a car soon.

And to think that he would make that meagre amount of money over many hours show how poorly renumerated those guys are.

That is why I always try and offer them tips whenever I use their services.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by otabuko(m): 7:04am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
You spend 200,000 naira to fix your ac. Only for bolt to give you trip of 300 naira. cheesy
200,000 for which kind AC?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by bluefilm: 7:04am On May 31, 2022
I am still wondering how come Uber is the largest Taxi company in the world, but they have not even a single car.

No be juju be dat?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by providencia(m): 7:04am On May 31, 2022
teepain:

I guess you should focus more on his expenditure and not what he makes. My interaction with some of these ride hailing drivers show that they barely make profit.

For instance the guy that you mentioned who makes 20k on Saturdays, will incur the following costs to make the 20k:

Fuel - 6k approximately
Bolt commission - 5k/6k (There are unconfirmed reports that their commission is now 30%)
Contingencies for maintenance and depreciation - 5k

Therefore on that 20k, he is probably making a profit of about 3k to 4k.

Note that he may refuse to set aside that portion for maintenance, but if he does that he would be without a car soon.

And to think that he would make that meagre amount of money over many hours show how poorly renumerated those guys are.

That is why I always try and offer them tips whenever I use their services.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by skywalker240(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2022
Long overdue

I think we should do this at Benin City too

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Johnchrix(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
These guys dey mad o, when I’m here thinking the fares are already too high. Wahala for who no get motor. Chai undecided
Trash

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by naturefellow(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
having repeat clients, retainers
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by skywalker240(m): 7:12am On May 31, 2022
ufotunang:
You can see the importance of a functional refinery....if our refinery were working at least 50% of nigeria problems will be solved .. then additional with constant electricity light you have solved 80% of nigeria problems...then the rest will be solved gradually. So the next elected president should take this issue of refinery and electricity very serious and make sure it works out for the economy to be good and better
If it's Atiku, then forget it, Mikano can not go to Oblivion, not in his very sight

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by tonyson010(m): 7:13am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

those guys are not saying the truth. greed is our problem. bolt prices differ from place to place. it is high in Lagos and Abuja and low in Kaduna where they are still courting audience. the lowest in Abuja is #500 flat except when they give u discount.

last time I was in Enugu, I saw keke rides on bolt platform.

more people are diving into bolt and Uber business because it is lucrative.
Every business has its own risk.

we are never satisfied, if u leave them, they will still cry for more review come two years time.

9 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Keji1012(m): 7:15am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

I am abuja bolt and uber driver, I was making that kinda money some times ago, trust me sincerely, all the money goes back to my car repair and personal health medication.

I remember I once spent 200k to fix my car and Las las, 20k in a day is a death sentence to me and my car..

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Keji1012(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2022
Kobicove:
If they increase fares it is still these same guys that will complain that clients have been chased away with high fares undecided

Yestersay, I picked a rider from maitama to wuse , 6km and bolt said I should collect 300 naira

6 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by tonyson010(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

yes and it depends on location too. A distance of 40mins drive in Lagos, bolt charged me 4500 (including 20% discount, in the night), but in Kaduna it was 1500 but with 30% discount.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Angy55(f): 7:21am On May 31, 2022
RapistOnBail:

For real sha.

Sometimes I wonder why they haven’t reviewed their prices as the prices haven’t really Changed with the devaluation of the Naira within the past 4-5 years.
It is not only Uber, how many companies have reviewed their employees salary?

Even most companies have not increased salary of their employees.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Theoarhics: 7:28am On May 31, 2022
Edo state uber and bolt drivers have show them how to do it
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by shortgun(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2022
Greedy people, bolt and uber fares is high compared to city cabs.
Just yesterday I paid #3,600 for a trip of less than 30mins, the other time when I was in Lagos Bolt charged me about 8k from lekki to Festac.
People use their services cos of convenience not they are cheap.

7 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by toyeoye(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
Bolt will ask their drivers for every single form of ID in this country, from BVN to National ID, driver’s license, passport photograph. But to be a passenger/rider all you need is just a SIM card.

So many drivers have been killed because of this lapses.

You fight a good cause...but Bolt and Uber still working this morning.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by hermesprogidy(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2022
They can strike to hell for all I care. Which Bolt charges N300? Abeg they should go and sit down.

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by 3RNEST(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2022
Nice one
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by TheDemola: 7:37am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
Bolt will ask their drivers for every single form of ID in this country, from BVN to National ID, driver’s license, passport photograph. But to be a passenger/rider all you need is just a SIM card.

So many drivers have been killed because of this lapses.

It is this path that annoys me the most. Why can't they profile riders?

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by DaInferno(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
You spend 200,000 naira to fix your ac. Only for bolt to give you trip of 300 naira. cheesy
ah, which motor be that?

na aeroplane ac?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by stephenponti(m): 7:39am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

Inside the 20k remove 25% commission. Remove 4-5k for fuel. remove 1k for calls & data. remove 1k for food. The driver will take home 8-9k. note he can only make such amount on weekends. mon-fri nko? he struggles to take 5k home after driving more than 8hrs. now i hope you get the true picture.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Nobody: 7:39am On May 31, 2022
Olam09:
Thank God keke napep is available.
But keke no dey enter express for Abuja naa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Make A Living Out Of Data Analysis / Why You Have To Be Nice To Bank Tellers - A Nairalander's Experience. / What Kind Of Christmas Gift Can One Give To His Boss Who Has Almost Everything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.