Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,818 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja (29824 Views)

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Addax Workers Lock Out CEO, Colin Klapa, Begin Strike / Benue Workers Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by uuzba(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2022
BlessedJonMoss:
Everybody is striking in this country of ours, I won't be surprised if the animals also strike grin

On a serious note, there's a serious need for an upward review of their rates to reflect the present economic situation.

At the end na the commuters go still suffer am sha
Unfortunately, Nigeria as a nation doesn't produce anything for exportation.
When shipment containers bring in goods to port, they return empty with nothing to export.
So we have no foreign exchange from that venue.
Yet the we are still trying to live expensive life like foreign nations..
It can't work.
If uber cannot operate at a loss, and people don't want to pay more for fare,
then let everybody sit down in one place.
We cannot afford the cost of running cars. And the passengers cannot afford the cost of paying for fares
Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by caye(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining

How much is he spending?

That shows you his actual profit.
Net revenue= Gross rev - total costs

Net rev = profit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blackgold2018(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2022
Kobicove:
If they increase fares it is still these same guys that will complain that clients have been chased away with high fares undecided
no it can never happen, only the stingy and the poor will be chased away.
It will never reduce there customers. Rather those left out take public transport. Never live above your means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by GloriousGbola: 7:46am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
It is the same price template of 2016 bolt/Uber are still using in 2022. Almost 6 years with same price. Despite the insane inflation in this country. Even the price of fuel in 2016 is not the same in 2022.

Infact they increased their own commission/salary from 5-10% to a whooping 25%! But the drivers who toil day and night are still collecting the same 300 naira of 2016. cheesy

This is definitely not true as I am paying more Than I paid in 2019 for trips

6 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by loadedvibes: 7:46am On May 31, 2022
Make Una quit the ride sharing platforms na.. if Una no fit do am

4 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blackgold2018(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
These guys dey mad o, when I’m here thinking the fares are already too high. Wahala for who no get motor. Chai undecided
if you are poor then take public transport.
Never live above your means

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by FERNANDEZISSCAM(f): 7:48am On May 31, 2022
Seen
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by caye(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2022
ufotunang:
You can see the importance of a functional refinery....if our refinery were working at least 50% of nigeria problems will be solved .. then additional with constant electricity light you have solved 80% of nigeria problems...then the rest will be solved gradually. So the next elected president should take this issue of refinery and electricity very serious and make sure it works out for the economy to be good and better

The refinery and electricity disasters are paralysed by design.
Britain and the Fulani sultanate, together with some Southern betrayers,are the main causes.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Kuluuu: 7:50am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

Yes, he makes 20k (is it everyday he makes the 20k?) but let's do some arithmetic here:

1. 22% of 20k is #4,400
2. Fuel for that 20k cannot be less than 6k
3. For him to make 20k, it means he left house early in the morning and close by night, which mean he will eat at least twice, put that at minimum of #1,500

If you add that together, it gives you #12,000 approximately. He/ she is left with 8k. Now begin to calculate your car maintenance and health challenge for be on steering for close to 10 hours. Use your 3.5m car for 6 months with the car AC on for close to 40hours per week and see how the condition of the car will be after 6 months.

Even the 20k is not everyday ooo.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by bigeagleeye(m): 7:50am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
It is the same price template of 2016 bolt/Uber are still using in 2022. Almost 6 years with same price. Despite the insane inflation in this country. Even the price of fuel in 2016 is not the same in 2022.

Infact they increased their own commission/salary from 5-10% to a whooping 25%! But the drivers who toil day and night are still collecting the same 300 naira of 2016. cheesy

It is well with you bro. I understand your plight but don't you think it's better to be talking more of these guys reducing their commission? This fight looks like you guys are fighting the masses, and trust me, you may not have the public sympathy that you deserve. I want to order Bolt for a penny if possible. I just hope you get the drift! Peace

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by stephenponti(m): 7:50am On May 31, 2022
otabuko:

200,000 for which kind AC?
Do you own a car? if you do you won't ask that question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by ford101: 7:51am On May 31, 2022
shortgun:
Greedy people, bolt and uber fares is high compared to city cabs.
Just yesterday I paid #3,600 for a trip of less than 30mins, the other time when I was in Lagos Bolt charged me about 8k from lekki to Festac.
People use their services cos of convenience not they are cheap.

but you expect air-conditioning in uber cars and you expect the driver on uber to call you on phone also to greet you and to talk to you politely.and you still say it's expensive.you are a poor man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blackgold2018(m): 7:51am On May 31, 2022
shortgun:
Greedy people, bolt and uber fares is high compared to city cabs.
Just yesterday I paid #3,600 for a trip of less than 30mins, the other time when I was in Lagos Bolt charged me about 8k from lekki to Festac.
People use their services cos of convenience not they are cheap.

poor one.. if you can’t afford it.
Take public transport

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:52am On May 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:

don’t be ridiculous please. You’re paying more probably because of many factors on your route, traffic changes, road diversion etc. The price template per kilometer on bolt and Uber has been the same. These are documented not some media ramblings biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by stephenponti(m): 7:54am On May 31, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The higher fee you are paying is from their increased commission rate. The driver is still on same rate since 5 years.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by MrUchenna1(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2022
That won't solve the problem...
In the battle to re-take Nigerian, the odds are great and seemingly insurmountable, but with our commitment, patriotism and understanding that we are doing, what we are supposed to do for our country, lest she shall die, we shall move on discontent with what is and focused on enthroning what ought to be. In doing this, our battle cry shall remain: get your PVC and become part of this great libration!
Peter Obi...
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by ford101: 7:55am On May 31, 2022
post=113331604:
Make Una quit the ride sharing platforms na.. if Una no fit do am
no its not done that way.cos I I was decived by a company to become a partner,the can't just push me out after my investment.like me I always see make 120k in one week on bolt.and I went out and bought a corolla 2007 for 2.8million naira.only for me to understand that one can't achieve such amount in 2weeks.so the company has to keep to there words after the decite.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by MumuYorubaBoy: 7:55am On May 31, 2022
Taxi drivers should go on strike against Bolt drivers for taking customers away from them. The reason why Bolt is attractive is because it's a bit organised and cheaper. Make it costlier and lose competitive edge.

Anyway, like I said... If you do not find the service profitable, pull your car away from it, go solo, open yours or stay home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by georgeakins: 7:58am On May 31, 2022
Funny!
But some of these drivers come online to boast that they're making thousands of Naira everyday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by loadedvibes: 8:00am On May 31, 2022
Base fare for bolt now is 500 naira that's pretty fair .. you people are looking at your pockets alone what about the commuters..

the market strategy of bolt is the idea that it is cheaper than regular drivers

if you people push the price up it defeats that.

ford101:
no its not done that way.cos I I was decived by a company to become a partner,the can't just push me out after my investment.like me I always see make 120k in one week on bolt.and I went out and bought a corolla 2007 for 2.8million naira.only for me to understand that one can't achieve such amount in 2weeks.so the company has to keep to there words after the decite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by theamazonguru(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
You spend 200,000 naira to fix your ac. Only for bolt to give you trip of 300 naira. cheesy

I think you are missing the point here.
That N300 is the amount Bolt charges the drivers/trip.

This guys are asking that this be reviews downwards.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by splashbaby(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2022
Offpoint1:
It's well...

I hope Nigerian don't make same mistakes they made TWICE in the past 7 years... Next year is around the corner.
Mistake wey dem don make since...educated people will be shouting get your PVCs while some foolish delegates collects money in dollars to present a dollartified candidates for you to vote. Delegates are undoing anything PVC can do right now

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by otabuko(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2022
stephenponti:

Do you own a car? if you do you won't ask that question.
You can easily insult anyone online.
Condenser = 22,000
Compressor = 30,000
Valve = 3,000
Freezer = 8,000
Radiator = 32,0000
Workmanship + gas =11,000
Total = 106,000
Just worked all my car ac system. Infact as a matter of fact I changed the radiator for better ac performance...

Na only you get car bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Kingfragz: 8:06am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
I wonder what will happen if bolt decides to leave Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by gadgethead: 8:07am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

'Saturday alone' being the operative word. The rest of the week might be quiet and the driver may not make as much. Besides, when you deduct high maintenance costs, it's not that much that is left
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Mrtaye: 8:07am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:
It continues today. Meeting venue remains: jabi. Close to Nera hotel.
I do bolt and Uber too but you people should relax abeg,is it on only one single trip that you want to make your money? please you have to work hard for it, make a number of trips in q day and you will make your money but the fact still is work for it...I have been into transport for 10 years plus even before the advent of Uber and Bolt of which I actually belonged to the Lagos State taxi park but what I observed about this guy's that just delved into transport when Uber and Bolt came to Naija is that they complain too much and also they really don't know much about transportation, they just want to be plucking money without putting in a lot to it... transport is not Yahoo oooo you have to make numbers of trips in a day to arrive at a substantial conclusion and not dwell on a single short distance trip to start overheating the polity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by cp3o: 8:08am On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.

It would be nice if you could quote your personal experience.
I have done Uber. If you own your car and you are young, it could work. If you own a perfect car that doesn't break down, great. However, if you are driving for someone, own a car that is past its prime and you have a family to cater for, no no no no no. The kabu kabu taxi guys are way ahead of you. They have strong unions in different areas of town, where the Uber guy is not welcome to do offline business. If you are caught in those areas, you will be dealt with. Note that it's easy to decode the Uber vehicles. They are usually Corolla or big for nothing Camrys. And they use their Aircon. Meanwhile, the rickety town taxis can charge exorbitantly for a distance where Uber is discounting the fare for customers' benefit. If truth be told, Uber drivers make more from getting contacts of generous big boys and madams who use them offline, especially frequent fliers from other cities who come for business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Mrtaye: 8:09am On May 31, 2022
I do bolt and Uber too but you people should relax abeg,is it on only one single trip that you want to make your money? please you have to work hard for it, make a number of trips in q day and you will make your money but the fact still is work for it...I have been into transport for 10 years plus even before the advent of Uber and Bolt of which I actually belonged to the Lagos State taxi park but what I observed about this guy's that just delved into transport when Uber and Bolt came to Naija is that they complain too much and also they really don't know much about transportation, they just want to be plucking money without putting in a lot to it... transport is not Yahoo oooo you have to make numbers of trips in a day to arrive at a substantial conclusion and not dwell on a single short distance trip to start overheating the polity

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Bigfish121(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2022
What are all these guys even saying?the fares are already high.i know I do book bolt for a trip within Gwarinpa for 1200 which is too high to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by stephenponti(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2022
otabuko:

You can easily insult anyone online.
Condenser = 22,000
Compressor = 30,000
Valve = 3,000
Freezer = 8,000
Radiator = 32,0000
Workmanship + gas =11,000
Total = 106,000
Just worked all my car ac system. Infact as a matter of fact I changed the radiator for better ac performance...

Na only you get car bro.

And you failed to mention the type of car. So that your type of car is what everyone is using, so ac parts & price is the same for every car?

5 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Mrtaye: 8:10am On May 31, 2022
BoltAndUberAbj:

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by valudong(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2022
Imagine using a very clean Lexus es350 to run a distance of about 20 minutes and bolt and bolt is giving me #500 in Owerri, dem fit make you cry, someone said bolt is expensive, Oga buy motor use make your waka na, you go carry one bastard with bad manners, e go say stop here, stop there, e go relax for backseat Dey give orders as car owner at the end of the trip #500, at time you go need for 4 trips to get #2000, motor sef dn chop fuel finish

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Have To Be Nice To Bank Tellers - A Nairalander's Experience. / What Kind Of Christmas Gift Can One Give To His Boss Who Has Almost Everything? / Nigerian University Dropout Who Became A Pilot Flies Mum (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.