Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security (7005 Views)

Nigeria Plans To Overtake Egypt & RSA On Economic Growth / Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley / FG: Nigeria’ll Not Enter Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by chima2011: 4:53am On Jul 18, 2011
Simple, give Nigeria 24 hour per day electric power and I can guarantee you that the country will take off, like Brazil and China.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2011/july/16/politics-16-07-2011-001.html
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by aljharem3: 4:55am On Jul 18, 2011
the poster is right
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 18, 2011
ROTFLMAO!!!!

I'm expecting a NLer to come up with a conspiracy theory.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Jakumo(m): 6:32am On Jul 18, 2011
Yes indeed. If rats had wings, they would fly like bats, and if I had enough money, I would bone a different super-model every night of the week.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by VALIDATOR: 9:06am On Jul 18, 2011
Nice post but look at it this way:
If you move all Americans out of the US overnight and on the same night you move all Nigerians into the US (That means we now have automatic constant electricity and all the social amenities that they are enjoying in the US). Will we be able to maintain and improve the system there.My answer is NO. Methinks we will quickly run down the system withing a few months or years starting from the very first week.In fact things will depreciate to almost the level that we are in right now in Nigeria.Why? We won't be able to decide who rules at the center. There will be too much favoritism in recruiting who runs which agency.The uni admissions will be run on quota rather than merit system.I hope you are getting the picture.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by phantom(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2011
What the poster is saying is lets assume we have power and security and can MAINTAIN them, then who heads what ministry becomes inconsequential and our economy becomes private driven, i agree.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Blackteeth(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2011
Nigeria can generate 24 hours electricity at the power stations, but maintaining and servicing the distribution, power lines, transformers etc in order to get that power generated 24 hrs at the stations will be another story.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Plutarch: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2011
What about d hydra-headed corruption and respect 4 d rule of law wh hv been described as d invisible architect 4 d all round development of any nation.

U cant build something on nothing. If we cant address power n security ourselves then we cant do much as a nation if we are offered both on platter of gold.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by maclatunji: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2011
I agree.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by ektbear: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
No, we are too far behind the US, imo. But I think with electricity, in 100-200 years or so we could have a standard of living comparable to that of the US.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by WaltherPPK: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
The poster is dreaming.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by passyjango(m): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
Nigeria needs more than electricity. It also needs quality human capacity (only possible through a quality education system focusing on both learning and good character development), cheap and reliable logistics and distribution channels, as well as good IT infrastructure.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by chelseabmw(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2011
don't have anything to say shocked
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by http(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
I laugh in Igbeti grin
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Rgp92: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

No, we are too far behind the US, imo. But I think with electricity, in 100-200 years or so we could have a standard of living comparable to that of the US.

Dont overdo it tongue 100-200 years is just too much. It took China 30 years or so. we'll do it even faster. Anyway, i dont belive in one Nigeria anymore. We should be finding a way to divide peacefully  tongue
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2011
Rgp92:

Dont overdo it tongue 100-200 years is just too much. It took China 30 years or so. we'll do it even faster. Anyway, i dont belive in one Nigeria anymore. We should be finding a way to divide peacefully  tongue
When did China catch up with the US? How many people would rather live in China than live in the US?
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by freepeople: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2011
Jakumo:

Yes indeed.  If rats had wings, they would fly like bats, and if I had enough money, I would bone a different super-model every night of the week.

grin cheesy

IF I had rocket, I will fly to the moon.
IF,
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thw Award winning dream of the Day, Keep dreaming poster, LWKMD grin
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by glowithdan(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2011
, When we start looking for sustainable means of power supply, that's when we begging the search for the solution to the countries' problem. Countries with little income or potential for natural renewable energy sources, produces and supplies little countries say less of a country like Nigeria- GIANT OF AFRICAN!!

I wonder at times what happens to the hot-killing sun in the North, the Rivers all aver the country (position of the country in the belt region), and the heavy winds in the arid region of the country?

When we start acting properly, things I believe will begin falling into places.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
But the magical word is "IF"
When a nation lacks vision . . . . . .
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by omodapson(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
continue day dreaming. I like your sense of assumption. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
Every problem in Nigeria rise and falls on 24 hours light and power generation
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by tushutt(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
electriciTY might be one of our problems but it is nit the only one. i think the only natural disaster nigeria has as a country is bad leaders and BLACK mentality
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by btyfulmnd(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
It will be a step in the right direction but to say we will overtake US, that is a far cry becos for the whole body to function it needs the head and other parts. So electricity cannot make our Niger a world economy even if it is free for 24 hrs.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by BigMeat2: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
Why can't some people keep quiet and get the proper job done, instead of making comments which everyone knows cannot happen in the decades to come.

Ordinary website to promote the  Nigeria Vision 2020 is not operative and we are 9years towards that year.
I guess the commentator is in dream land.

We should start by making a big challenge to battle the cancer which is corruption, before any development can really start.
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2011
Nigeria Will not overtake US , Neva, that can never be possible, Just imagine, 80% of  Nigerian Are Indiscipline , 70% of the Government officials are there to embezzle our money, Nigeria has the power to keep the electricity for 24 hours but they will not,  The money bank ole stole is enough to serve @ least 10 state electricity, Shebi na because bankole no dey the post again that why he was exposed, what about those that are still there that has not been exposed
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
comic relief from the Joke that has become Nigeria, who made this quote Basket Mouth and AY?
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by denitro(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
1. Most of Nigeria is dirty
2. Most of Nigeria is flooded
3. Most of Nigeria's road is bad
4. Most of Nigeria's politicians are wicked
5. Nothing works in Nigeria

HOW WILL 24 HOURS ELECTRICITY CHANGE ALL THIS
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by talktrue1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
Boko Haram will be more fierce if Nigeria develop more than this because development is a sin
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by shawonlese: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
I laugh in Swahili. grin

Overtake indeed
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by gists: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2011
VALIDATOR:

Nice post but look at it this way:
If you move all Americans out of the US overnight and on the same night you move all Nigerians into the US (That means we now have automatic constant electricity and all the social amenities that they are enjoying in the US). Will we be able to maintain and improve the system there.My answer is NO. Methinks we will quickly run down the system withing a few months or years starting from the very first week.In fact things will depreciate to almost the level that we are in right now in Nigeria.Why? We won't be able to decide who rules at the center. There will be too much favoritism in recruiting who runs which agency.The uni admissions will be run on quota rather than merit system.I hope you are getting the picture.

Plutarch:

What about d hydra-headed corruption and respect 4 d rule of law wh hv been described as d invisible architect 4 d all round development of any nation.

U cant build something on nothing. If we cant address power n security ourselves then we cant do much as a nation if we are offered both on platter of gold.

with all due respect, I completely disagree with both of you. Nigerians, are not this bad. Things used to work well in this country and I believe it can still work. If you magically move all th blacks in the US and replace with Nigerians, that will not change a dime in the U.S. You why, its called "PURPOSEFUL LEADERSHIP". The most indiscipline Nigerian (and just about any nationality)will by default, behave him/herself when he get to U.S or any "WELL-GOVERNED" country. They will try to run down the system, but will not succeed and in time they will have no choice but to conform (examples are plenty even in our dear nation: Fashola is a case study in Lagos, Akunyili in Nafdac, Sanusi in CBN etc). I believe the flip side of your theroy is actually more likely to happen. Find a way to magically remove the senate in the U.S and empty the white house, then replace the lawmakers and executive with ours leaving ordianry American and see if that country wil not collapse. The saying goes a group of sheep that is led by a lion can be victorious over a group of lions that tis led by a goat.

Same applies to the issue of curruption. Nigerians are only corrupt because the system permits too many loop holes that the leaders are not interested in plugging.

My opinion is give Nigerians [b]27[/b]hrs per day of electricity and heaven-like peace devoid of insecurity, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WILL CHANGE WITHOUT PURPOSEFUL CORRUPTION-FREE GOVERNANCE. You need a system that will chart the course to the desired destination
Re: Nigeria’ll Overtake US If It Has 24 Hours Electricity, Security by CrudeOil2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
I agree with the poster, a lot of Nigerians (commonly southerners) are very enterprising, but they're being incapacitated by the lack of these basic amenities. With our current state, we shouldn't be able to boast of Dangote, Adenuga, Etc, but we aren't doing that bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Importing Goods From Dubai / FATE Foundation Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme / Roll Of Tea Filter Paper For Tea Bag And Packaging For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.