Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars (33172 Views)

Top 5 Ghanaian Musicians That Blew Directly From Nigeria In Recent Years / Portable Freestyle Rap Battle With Shaggi, Cater Efe & Ogb Recent (photos,video) / Behind The Scene Photos Of Falz 'Moral Instruction' Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Arielle: 1:39pm On May 31, 2022
My favourite band of all time.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2022
kingyakos:
ABBA
The best of the best of music
Iffa hear
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Djyucee1(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2022
Download "lay all your love on me" very beautiful song
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Adrian9(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2022
These were musical geniuses! They understood music to the core. Lay all your love on me,Chiquita, Fernando,Mama mia,SOS,I have a dream,The winner takes it all, Money, Money, Money........all these hits makes me wonder if these band is even Swedish because their music embraced so many cultures . Their lyrics were worth giving attention to.
These are the créame dé lâ créame from yesteryears!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2022
Djyucee1:
Download shalamas night to remember

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by staga: 1:40pm On May 31, 2022
SIRmanjar:
My pipu

All dem song na hit dat year

I nor forward any of them song for my cassette tape instead I rewind dem.Songs like

Sitting at the empty cross road

Vous le vous

Gimme Gimme Gimme

Knowing me knowing u

Flying high high

Sos

Lay all ur luv on me

And all dem other songs.Great people

How could you forget "Money money money"? Something that is a practical reality in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:42pm On May 31, 2022
staga:

How could you forget "Money money money"? Something that is a practical reality in Naija.
You are the only one that is a fan of Abba
All this one's writing Fernandez and mini ko!
Na wa o
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Johel(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2022
Ishilove:
I am a fan of old music, because the cacophony of sounds that passes as music today has never, and will never appeal to me. One of my all time favourite bands is ABBA and till date I have their playlist in all my devices.

Swedish pop group ABBA is considered to be one of the most popular and successful musical groups of all time. They were one of the best-selling music acts in the history of popular music, topping the charts worldwide from 1974 to 1983, and in 2021. (Wikipedia). The group consists of Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. Anderson and Lyngstad were married, same as Agnetha and Bjorn, but both marriages suffered under the strain of their careers and massive popularity, and in the course of time crashed within a short time span of each other.

Eventually, the group unofficially split in 1982, and despite efforts from producers and other music heavyweights, the band refused to reform. Björn Ulvaeus said in 2008, "We will never appear on stage again. There is simply no motivation to re-group." (Wikipedia).

However, in 2017 it was made known that there were plans for a "virtual" concert using digital 'life like' avatars of the group members. This concert, nicknamed the 'Voyage Concert' held on May 27, 2022 in London and was attended by members of the Swedish royal family. The 90 minute performance received a standing ovation from the crowd after it ended.

And, for the first time in 40 years, the four members of ABBA showed up on stage and gave a curtain call.

This is what they look like now.

shocked shocked shocked Great band!!...icons.
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Kobicove(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2022
inoki247:
We don't know dem here in Mushin....

Are dey friend with Pasuma or Osupa undecided undecided

Indomie Generation spotted! grin
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by majamajic(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2022
I have a dream , a song to sing

I prefer the version by Westlife

My best Abba song is ' I can still recall our last summer
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by IbileIfe: 1:44pm On May 31, 2022
Emerald04:
Here in lasustech, we don’t know them
Awon Indomie generation. grin

Our generation as youths in the 1980s enjoyed life without Islamic terrorists and no pandemics.
No internet and no GSM and yet we were happy with music, novels and SEX.
Most of us started having sex from puberty.
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Hotsparkles(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2022
"Mexican girl" and "living next door to Alice" my favorites
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Ishilove: 1:45pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

I believe the corrs have more depth than Abba
I have not mentioned others who share the same euro style of songs
I don't think I have listened to any of their songs so I cannot form an opinion as of now.
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Adrian9(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2022
Djyucee1:
Yeah true!
I loved that part in vs 2 where the Lady sang:" I feel a kind of fear
When I don't have you near
Unsatisfied, I skipped my pride
I beg you dear......."

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by majamajic(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2022
Hotsparkles:
Mexican girl and living next door to Alice my favorites

Mexican girl and living next door to alice , was not from Abba , it was done by Smokie

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Ishilove: 1:46pm On May 31, 2022
IbileIfe:

Awon Indomie generation. grin

Our generation as youths in the 1980s enjoyed life without Islamic terrorists and no pandemics.
No internet and no GSM and yet we were happy with music, novels and SEX.
Most of us started having sex from puberty.
Speak for yourself biko

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by mariahAngel(f): 1:47pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

You are the only one that is a fan of Abba
All this one's writing Fernandez and mini ko!
Na wa o

Fernando is my father's favourite. grin
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2022
Ishilove:

I don't think I have listened to any of their songs so I cannot form an opinion as of now.

shocked
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by tarantino1: 1:48pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

Because of four Irish Bois eh

Five Irish boys to be exact. They covered the song in 1999. They became four in 2004 and the one who left sang the best part.
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by weatherlink: 1:48pm On May 31, 2022
Super Trouper..... My all time favourite

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by extremophile: 1:48pm On May 31, 2022
Chiquitita...
Mama Mia!
Etc, music I'll always love!

Ishilove, do you love Ace of Base too? Let's have a thread on them too. Another nice musical group of yesteryears.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Fernando is my father's favourite. grin
I don't understand why some people like the song
It is not just the latin guitar backup
Have you seen fernadola la la la
It is about a girl looking for a phantom guy
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Ishilove: 1:49pm On May 31, 2022
Hotsparkles:
"Mexican girl" and "living next door to Alice" my favorites
Smokie, not ABBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qnRS36EgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STih5uKvkw4
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by kingyakos: 1:49pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

Iffa hear

Small pikin
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by baralatie(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2022
kingyakos:

Small pikin
Iffa hear say best of the wetin?
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by FashionMarket: 1:50pm On May 31, 2022
Wow, so beautiful
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by SandyLOVE08(f): 1:51pm On May 31, 2022
My all time favorite

2 Likes

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by Djyucee1(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2022
Yessssssssssss. I had to listen to get the lyrics now. Beautiful lyrics and beautiful instrumentals.
Adrian9:

Yeah true!
I loved that part in vs 2 where the Lady sang:" I feel a kind of fear
When I don't have you near
Unsatisfied, I skipped my pride
I beg you dear......."

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by majamajic(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

The Corrs are good , but not like Abba .

The Corrs are 5 siblings , Runaway is my best track

1 Like

Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by mariahAngel(f): 1:52pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

I don't understand why some people like the song
It is not just the latin guitar backup
Have you seen fernadola la la la
It is about a girl looking for a phantom guy

There's more to a song than just the lyrics.
Some people are more drawn to melodies.
Re: Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars by GloriousGbola: 1:52pm On May 31, 2022
baralatie:

The Corrs themselves would disagree with this sacrilege. I also beleive usher has more depth than Michael Jackson s/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? / 2face Replies Blackface And Idris. / List 5 Songs That Are Always On Your Replay List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.