Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive (25195 Views)

My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice / My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him, I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by PlaYaJones: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
JovialJune:

Mrcork, I didn't know it is you, if not I wouldn't have quoted you in the first place

Pls don't quote me again, abeg.

who tell u it's me? So any guy who love lightskin is mr cork..abi?so u think Renejay uncle is a racist becoz he marry dakskin woman instead of lightskin woman...wow..this is really sad. cant u juss bleach? l!! (no oofensce) embarassed
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by advanceDNA: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is not a norm out here in the west where I live. That it is talked about on TV doesn't mean it is a norm. undecided

Sharing bills does not have to be a norm in Nigeria for you to know that when thinking of dating or marriage, you ought to find for yourself partners who agree with you as far as those values - including sharing of bills - which you hold to. undecided

..husbands and wives are supposed to be a team....sharing the responsibility of a home should be natural especially when one person cant do it alone...

I only mentioned you becos u kept sayimg there was not enough info to judge the issue ....there is enough info....the woman was clear....she wanted her man to do it all... whether they discussed it or not...its the most insensitive thing a person can do to the person they are married to...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. ..husbands and wives are supposed to be a team....sharing the responsibility of a home should be natural especially when one person cant do it alone...

2. I only mentioned you becos u kept sayimg there was not enough info to judge the issue ....there is enough info....the woman was clear....she wanted her man to do it all... whether they discussed it or not...its the most insensitive thing a person can do to the person they are married to...
1. A team can only be formed when those in it are in agreement. You cannot have a bill-sharing team/marriage when one partner doesn't agree with sharing bills while the other demands it. That is why it is necessary to vet team members to ensure you share the same values and goals in the first place. undecided

Marriage is a contract agreement so the only thing natural about it is the sharing of bodies, everything else comes as agreed upon. undecided

2. And I repeat, there isn't enough information provided us here to judge or sufficiently advice the OP'S uncle. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by advanceDNA: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. A team can only be formed when those in it are in agreement. You cannot have a bill-sharing team/marriage when one partner doesn't agree with sharing bills while the other demands it. That is why it is necessary to vet team members to ensure you share the same values and goals in the first place. undecided

Marriage is a contract agreement so the only thing natural about it is the sharing of bodies, everything else comes as agreed upon. undecided

2. And I repeat, there isn't enough information provided us here to judge or sufficiently advice the OP'S uncle. undecided

Do couples discuss if they will have sex too...or its wrong for the man or woman assume sex will happen since marriage is an agreement??
U are always tryimg to sound woke and emphatic...but sometimes you dont just make sense...
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by tmoneyu: 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReneJay:
Good day nairalanders. I want to seek your advice on behalf of my uncle.

Pardon me for any typographical errors. My uncle has been married to this lady for almost 16 years. They have two kids. According to his narration, the first five years of marriage was wonderful.

But things took a sudden twist later on. The wife has changed in both attitude and manners. The man is a civil servant and earns 70k monthly and his wife is a teacher. She earns 35k monthly.

The twist is, the wife has stopped supporting the man financially. In fact, anything she buys for the family or for the children, she asks for the money, even as little as spice cubes. My uncle had to report the matter to my father, his brother, after several years of enduring her strange attitude. My father called her to table the matter. She admitted the accusations. In her defence, she said it is the responsibility of the man (husband) to provide for the family. what broke my uncle's heart was the day the rent of their house was due, he hadnt pieced together the rent and was going about to seek loans from friends and family. He asked her if she knew who to loan from and she said she didn't know who to loan from. To his dismay, he got wind from a friend that his wife was looking for a piece of land to buy with God knows how and where she got the money from. She even told him she doesn't have a dime to add to whatever he's able to raise. He does everything in the house from A to Z.

He needs advice on what to do. Should he file for divorce and hope things would get Rosy enough to start afresh with someone else? Or should he call for a meeting with her family and our family to try to mediate and make her see reasons why she should be supportive?

Matured advice please.
This one pass me ooo, but if it's me I rather divorce and be alone than to be with person with strange attitude, it's better to start afresh
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
advanceDNA:
1. Do couples discuss if they will have sex too...or its wrong for the man or woman assume sex will happen since marriage is an agreement??
U are always tryimg to sound woke and emphatic...but sometimes you dont just make sense...
Did you bother to read my previous response at all? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by olubless90: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
I came from a family with this relative story..... I think u shd share with us the attitude of this your uncle to his wife... in some cases like this; the man is the cause...

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Gee64: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
Is the said woman from Edo State?
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Jackipapa: 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
I blame Buhari
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by cayorday89(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Well u are right that it doesn't work for everybody but everybody has to cultivate it, that's just d fact. Let d man be d troublemaker in d family and d other way, that's d only way for him to hv peace. When dealing with naija women my brother, u need that iron hand
Sure, but there must always be balance.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by phemmyfour: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReneJay:

Pardon me for any typographical errors. My uncle has been married to this lady for almost 16 years. They have two kids. According to his narration, the first five years of marriage was wonderful.

But things took a sudden twist later on. The wife has changed in both attitude and manners. The man is a civil servant and earns 70k monthly and his wife is a teacher. She earns 35k monthly.

The twist is, the wife has stopped supporting the man financially. In fact, anything she buys for the family or for the children, she asks for the money, even as little as spice cubes. My uncle had to report the matter to my father, his brother, after several years of enduring her strange attitude. My father called her to table the matter. She admitted the accusations. In her defence, she said it is the responsibility of the man (husband) to provide for the family. what broke my uncle's heart was the day the rent of their house was due, he hadnt pieced together the rent and was going about to seek loans from friends and family. He asked her if she knew who to loan from and she said she didn't know who to loan from. To his dismay, he got wind from a friend that his wife was looking for a piece of land to buy with God knows how and where she got the money from. She even told him she doesn't have a dime to add to whatever he's able to raise. He does everything in the house from A to Z.

He needs advice on what to do. Should he file for divorce and hope things would get Rosy enough to start afresh with someone else? Or should he call for a meeting with her family and our family to try to mediate and make her see reasons why she should be supportive?

Matured advice please.
Divorce all the way. That's not a marriage again
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by deavicky(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReneJay:

Matured advice please.
it is well .poverty it will not be well with you.God hear my plea let that Civil servant touch money before the quater of this year in Juses Name.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Emanodimo(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
Favfables1:
My dear beloved OP....

I'm surprised that you're surprised at the behavior of your uncle's wife undecided... Honestly i'm shocked at your shock towards her behavior undecided....

Because as far as I can tell, this is the ideology that wayyyy over 99.9% of women have. You'll hear women saying "my money is my money and his money is also my money", so it's nothing new undecided...

If I were in your uncle's shoes, I would separate from her the moment she changed, I wouldn't even condone this rubbish for a second longer undecided....

I would totally neglect her and focus on my kids, and this would continue until she comes to her senses and realize that the burdens of the family is not meant to be shouldered by the man alone undecided....

It's a kind of mentality and ideology based on religion not on reason.

I wouldn't advice the man to neglect her. He should talk to her to enable her contribute her quota where it seem fit.

If some men are to provide alone, it result to unbalance situation in a marriage. If some women are claiming they are just to be helpmate, there's no limit to what she can support backup by the same religion inclination

Money is a defence not religion. So both need to find way to balance things at home front.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by SugarGirl44(f): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Raalsalghul:

How many kids does your uncle have if I may ask?

He has 7500 children.

Now what?

Mtcheeew, always rushing to comment afi bi afishe.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by faithfull18(f): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
secondwife:

Thanks dear, a very good response,the problem between husband and wife,it’s only God that can judge. I got married some years back,my husband didn’t tell me he was married with three children until later,we married traditionally,religiously and legally. He introduced my co-wife to me after I had a baby for him as a Muslim I accepted my faith because I had a child from my previous relationship. I was a working class woman with a good job when we met,he relocated from the North to West because of North problem and my friend help him to secured a job,his family were happy because he is staying very close to the village though we were in different cities that time. The first wife is in his village. I always tell him to be visiting his family all the time. All those times I was the one paying the house rent,paying school fees and buying foods stuff and footing many things in the house,he will come and drop a little or complained of lack of money. I didn’t complain because I was okay and believed him. His company had problems in paying salaries that year,I paid house rent in his village so that the landlord will not send the wife and children away from the house,he will collect money from me and send it to his family. I tried to make friend with the wife and children by buying things for them without his knowledge, buying clothes together,phone when she complained she didn’t have he later lost his job and move to where I am staying. I started taking responsibilities on his behalf for some months before he got another job,my neighbor advised us to buy land,I told him he said no problem,he didn’t drop any money to support me but people told to build, i taught he will drop money later because our names are on the receipt. Since he didn’t drop anything I was the one doing everything because my Imam told me that if A man refused to do his responsibilities God will raise the woman up.We move in to the house without completing it because of Landlord’s problem. I later completed the house up to 90% after some years. I later did the documents in my children’ s name with his support. I lost my job and this man showed me pepper,they started sending my children out of school,hunger,frustration and depression set in. I later learnt from a reliable source that my husband is building house in his village without my knowledge and he is leaving in my house that I built with my sweat. I asked him he denied, it was his family member that told me. anytime I travel to his village for occasions,his wife will be abusing me,calling my child from previous relationships a bastard though I always ignore her,his brothers and wife will be disrespecting me.Though others are good to me including his mum and dad. I have a good mind with them but they are paying me with evil. So now I asked for divorce from him but he refused,I told him to leave my house and moved to his wife and children ,the family said I want to remove him where he is working, rent a house for me like my co-wife is a big problem for him he told his wife that my house belongs to him. But I started shouting to his family and people around me ,they said I’m disgracing and victimizing him. I really thank my God for not letting me down and my family and friends. Though he is still with because he brought out the monster in me. I told him I will not pay school fees again. Thank God I got another work this year. Sorry for the long post and my grammar,I went to an evening school.
Wow, thank you for sharing your experience. Most women aren't irrational like men try to make the world believe. They trigger you in the secret and play the Saint and victim before the world. It is well.

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by kingPhidel(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
So what’s bad about her decision? Is it not her money
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Raalsalghul: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
SugarGirl44:

[s]He has 7500 children.

Now what?

Mtcheeew, always rushing to comment afi bi afishe.[/s]
undecided
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by RightToReject(m): 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Donaluta:

Every fucking time .. Una dey find way to defend stupidity....

The person behind that faithfull18 moniker is another small-minded element in this space; one, however, can only pity her because of the single-digit IQ she and her types possess, which makes it impossible for them to see beyond goo.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by faithfull18(f): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
RightToReject:

The person behind that faithfull18 moniker is another small-minded element in this space; one, however, can only pity her because of the single-digit IQ she and her types possess, which makes it impossible for them to see beyond goo.
Are you done talking like someone with an IQ of 1 When you are done, let me know. Until then, you would do yourself a lot of service by rolling with your kind because I would be doing myself disservice responding to your mentions. You get it? I doubt you will as you don't have the mental capacity to.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by haykes(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
LadyRosa:
He should pray that God should touch his wife.He should make sure he fasts fervently and midnight prayers should be adopted till the wife changes.
That's Naija mentality prayer no fit change her let them do the needful
Not every issue you pray and fast for
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by eyinjuege: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
Some people are asking a man earning 70K per month to get another wife
You people are so unrealistic.
The woman knows her husband and he has probably been flirting around before she changed tactics
It is a man that has small change to spare that will be thinking of carrying women or getting side chick.
Let him divorce his wife and let him get another wife that will be ready to provide for him na cheesy. Jokers

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by BananaPeel(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReneJay:

Matured advice please.

As for me, I will advice him to keep calm and look for the land papers later and sell it.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Gentlevip: 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
Its simple.
Stop worrying, focus on yourself. Its your responsibility to pay for everything

If she won't support, fine. Seize everything and stop her from working. Since the money is of no use
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by loko50(m): 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
faithfull18:
If she changed five years into the marriage, then you should find out why. An action from your uncle could have triggered the reaction.

Which yeye action that can't be reconciled. She is the enemy within. Her mission is to kill the man slowly
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Wwwq: 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
With your uncle money or hers
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by freddie009(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
She has seen that he will do anything to sort out the situation.

As the rent expires " just tell her obobs everybody has to find his way" she will sit up you think she will watch her kids go hungry.

One thing I have understand about women don't pet them too much. Have some sprinkle of waywardness to put your woman on her toes.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by amazingspiderma: 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2022
odaniel1:

She will eventually bring her smaller bf to screw in the house whilst a SIMP of a hubby like u sleeps in the trenches. It is people like you that support the vile nature of these women of nowadays. Buying that property in that situation is high grade stupidity. If the source of income is pure and untainted, what stops her from contributing at least 'part' of the amount for rent (after all, she must be able to afford 50% with the cash-at-hand in her possession.)
So, you feel she will put you back in that house after building or continue listening to the vile woes of feminism to abandon her so-called 'lazy' husband for a better one. Mk evrybdy jus getat abeg!

You dare to call women vile, a woman who wants to buy a land. You have no honor.
OP should be congratulating his wife.
The man want to have bp just because he want to look good in the eyes of the landlord.

Priorities... I laugh at men like you. I might be replying a boy in his mother's house.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by vickydevoka(m): 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
ReneJay:

Matured advice please.
She acted like an average 9ja lady
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2022
Your uncle is a worthless SIMP..

A Mumu man for that matter..
He would suffer finish and train the children and die off after while she enjoys the kids successes after his death..
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by famagro: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2022
This things happen and is real. Your uncle's wife is planning to buy land. Mine conspired with her mother who is a supposed prophetess to conceal the fact that her sister who resides overseas sent money to her. They built the house to roofing level and the money finished, they now started scheming on how to use my own money to complete the building.
This they concealed for over seven years but I was already aware of their actions immediately they started the construction. I never quarreled for one day because I never wanted it to have any negative effect on my children.
As of today she is staying under my roof, their land is in dispute by two families and now her mother shamelessly begged me to follow her down there to resolve it. I obliged her without complaining. God is fighting my battles for me.
I'm cutting it short. Tell your uncle to look at the positive side of life and God will surprise that his wife.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by chaloskyx: 1:16am On Jun 02, 2022
Tell your uncle to go and buy his own land and hide it from her afterall its her money not your uncles
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by bepositive11: 4:32am On Jun 02, 2022
That shows immaturity and lack of effective communication

When a woman is done with a man, no amount of him ignoring her will impact her

We need to hear the woman's side of the story. There's more to it

ReneJay:

I would totally neglect her and focus on my kids, and this would continue until she comes to her senses and realize that the burdens of the family is not meant to be shouldered by the man alone undecided....
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tips For Mothers On How To Survive This Harsh Nigerian Economy / How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). / As I'm Enduring This, Am I Really Making My Children Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.