Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:29 PM

My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive (25111 Views)

My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice / My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him, I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by 9icetoo(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2022
ReneJay:
Good day nairalanders. I want to seek your advice on behalf of my uncle.

Pardon me for any typographical errors. My uncle has been married to this lady for almost 16 years. They have two kids. According to his narration, the first five years of marriage was wonderful.

But things took a sudden twist later on. The wife has changed in both attitude and manners. The man is a civil servant and earns 70k monthly and his wife is a teacher. She earns 35k monthly.

The twist is, the wife has stopped supporting the man financially. In fact, anything she buys for the family or for the children, she asks for the money, even as little as spice cubes. My uncle had to report the matter to my father, his brother, after several years of enduring her strange attitude. My father called her to table the matter. She admitted the accusations. In her defence, she said it is the responsibility of the man (husband) to provide for the family. what broke my uncle's heart was the day the rent of their house was due, he hadnt pieced together the rent and was going about to seek loans from friends and family. He asked her if she knew who to loan from and she said she didn't know who to loan from. To his dismay, he got wind from a friend that his wife was looking for a piece of land to buy with God knows how and where she got the money from. She even told him she doesn't have a dime to add to whatever he's able to raise. He does everything in the house from A to Z.

He needs advice on what to do. Should he file for divorce and hope things would get Rosy enough to start afresh with someone else? Or should he call for a meeting with her family and our family to try to mediate and make her see reasons why she should be supportive?

Matured advice please.

I laugh in Latin.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by DrDunamis(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2022
ReneJay:
Good day nairalanders. I want to seek your advice on behalf of my uncle.

Pardon me for any typographical errors. My uncle has been married to this lady for almost 16 years. They have two kids. According to his narration, the first five years of marriage was wonderful.

But things took a sudden twist later on. The wife has changed in both attitude and manners. The man is a civil servant and earns 70k monthly and his wife is a teacher. She earns 35k monthly.

The twist is, the wife has stopped supporting the man financially. In fact, anything she buys for the family or for the children, she asks for the money, even as little as spice cubes. My uncle had to report the matter to my father, his brother, after several years of enduring her strange attitude. My father called her to table the matter. She admitted the accusations. In her defence, she said it is the responsibility of the man (husband) to provide for the family. what broke my uncle's heart was the day the rent of their house was due, he hadnt pieced together the rent and was going about to seek loans from friends and family. He asked her if she knew who to loan from and she said she didn't know who to loan from. To his dismay, he got wind from a friend that his wife was looking for a piece of land to buy with God knows how and where she got the money from. She even told him she doesn't have a dime to add to whatever he's able to raise. He does everything in the house from A to Z.

He needs advice on what to do. Should he file for divorce and hope things would get Rosy enough to start afresh with someone else? Or should he call for a meeting with her family and our family to try to mediate and make her see reasons why she should be supportive?

Matured advice please.

While not supporting her attitude towards her husband, tell your uncle to grow up and be a man. There are no laws that state she cannot get properties of her own.
This all boils down to understanding and communication. If he has been treating her rightly she'd not have been acting this way.
On the other hand there are ladies with such mindset that you can't change but you just have to adapt to living with them like that.
He wants to divorce and start over?
The energy he's using to think like this should be put into his finances to grow his finances.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by Donswatter(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2022
faithfull18:
If she changed five years into the marriage, then you should find out why. An action from your uncle could have triggered the reaction.
Mhen!!!! An "action" from the husband Nawa for you ooo!!. A person has been misbehaving for the past 11yrs and you're blaming it on the husband?. I just tire for you female entities.
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by odaniel1(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2022
amazingspiderma:

You dare to call women vile, a woman who wants to buy a land. You have no honor.
OP should be congratulating his wife.
The man want to have bp just because he want to look good in the eyes of the landlord.

Priorities... I laugh at men like you. I might be replying a boy in his mother's house.

it is underwear like you I laugh at. Always wanting to glorify women just to get a piece. It is wise to buy a piece of land when you are about to be thrown out of the house. WHat stops her from contributing and reducing the load on the part of the husband? But they'd rather fac shame and disgrace and be thrown out cos she is making a good decision on investment? Just great bfr I change am fr u
Re: My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive by aidameoryou: 4:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
nextstep:

Very true, but sadly many men and their families have shown that no matter how wonderful a wife is, she can be made destitute at any freaking moment. Either the guy brings a new woman to displace her without notice; or if he should pass, the family will uproot her from the house with one excuse or another so they can inherit it.

I personally I'm a fan of women getting property in their own name, because too many examples and stories that touch.

OP, have you had a chance to have a sincere talk with your aunty-in-law, without judgment, so you can understand her position on this? It could be something husband said, or did, or something she witnessed to somebody else that triggered her actions. Since we don't know the full story - and I refuse to imagine the uncle is a saint - I will have to tell the man to buck up and face the responsibilities he took on to get married.

My brother how are you doing.
I was going through a thread on a very old post and you referred to a thread that you created.
Also which I went to and which was about your solar powered house..... I know you get it now.

Very sorry for your plight in dealing with touts and land grabbers, which I know heavily stalled your project.

How did the project end up after all,
So sad seeing your efforts go to waste in this our corntree cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? / 14 Years After, I Saw The Man That Molested Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.