Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END (2417 Views)

The Adventurers By Henry Ayodeji (Book Review) / In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2022
BOOK 3.0 BODY BUSINESS

"What is wrong with them?"

The fat security man asked like one who was uncertain of his own Sanity.

"They are asleep, been drinking, don't worry I will take them home, its while I came along,"

I replied as I went through Kingsley's phone.

He made to say something but decided against it, made a u-turn and stopped abruptly when he heard a sudden clash in the boot.

He turned once more to me.

*we got a little dog in the boot, it's suffering from rabies, we are to branch off and drop the poor animal at a friend's house who is a veterinary " my explanation hadn't bought him yet he walked away, saying nothing maybe for fear of his own life.

There was good reasons to be afraid, first of all the slumped body in the SUV hadn't been asleep, they had been violently strangled and stabbed and the rabies dog was no dog at all, Kingsley Adolph laid in the boot of his car, bonded and nicely tied up like a little Christmas present.

I had gotten what I needed and so I decided to take a ride downtown, the guy in the trunk had suffered a lot already , it was time he said his goodbyes but what was I doing in one of the many body organs facilitator's car in the first place.

This story began three days ago for me but had become public five days behind.

I was at a filling station hoping to get some fuel when I noticed something wasn't right.

"Oga, bimbo nor dey again oh,"

A fuel attendant I had come.to know as Stella said; seemingly understanding my observation.

Bimbo, a sweet young and Innocent secondary school girl had been this dull reflection of what my state could be in the future after I was done cleaning it up.

Sweet, loving , optimistic, full of bright ideas and a killer smile that melt hearts; not mine though yet it did try to put a smile on my face each time I came to the petrol station.

"What happened, she is not well?"

"Hah, no oh, dem kill her elder sister last three days ago, abandon the body for road side, na ritualists oh oga,dem say dem remove her kidneys, heart and other organs for her body including her ehm..."

How surprising even with the sort of society that has done everything to desensitize its people on sexualized words and slangs we still feel this quite timid to say them, I watch her struggle to say it for the next several seconds; I had enough to begin my next hunting.

What I hadn't picked up on while I was away in Kano was the sudden boom in the organ business in the state.

Whilst many figured this was a spree for ritualists, my sources had pointed the finger to an increase in demand of human organs in far Asia country supplied by cartels and crime syndicate across Africa particularly Nigeria been listed as one of five red zones.

My investigations led me to Kingsley Adolph, former organ facilitator and drug smuggler who just got back from a three year prison time, no job, no family, no friends, yet somehow he still managed to get a three hundred thousands naira apartment and an SUV, talk about jack pot.

The Police were all eyes fixed on one of his partners, Stanley Assien who was only a puppet taking their eyes off Kingsley the real baddie, bad for them but just perfect for me.

I had two set of people to deal with, the work men who bought and kidnapped unwilling victims off the streets and murdered them in cold blood and the buyers.

Kingsley's phone had already provided me all I needed on those who took the people off the streets.

I drove to one of my secret locations where help was only a product of imagination, smoked a few cigarettes and then went on to check up on my friend.

He swung hard once I opened the boot but felt the full force of my boot impaling his face back into the boot, then I dragged out his hand and slammed the boot across his fingers, he screamed like a little girl as I slammed his other hand as well.

I had hoped at some point , I would get tired off this, the mannerism at which this so-called bad guys become when faced with their own death but I only found myself getting addicted to it.

"Please, please don't kill me oh, please sir, I am sorry," He cried as I dragged him across the distance into an uncompleted building or if I would prefer to call it, my torture chamber.

He thought me loosening up his fingers from the rest of his body was pain but I had the whole night to explain in full details what pain was all about.

"Are you hungry?"

I asked him with a grin smile to which he seemed confused.

He didn't have to be, in the next thirty minutes I planned to feed him, his associates, sushi style.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2022
BOOK 3.1 BODY BUSINESS

"The police aren't doing anything about it, they had a suspect brought in but my sources said, money has passed hands, he is to he released today, a group of grave robbers fingered him as their benefactor weeks ago," Mrs. V reported to me via phone call.

"What's his name?"

"Clement Ubah alias Don Clezzy, he is one of..."

"I know him, he is one of Kingsley's contact"

"Kingsley, you know Kingsley Adolph?"

"Never mind, I need information on Clezzy, anything at all, Kingsley was kind enough to let me know Clezzy isn't just a facilitator, he has bigger contacts, he is the big fish here," I replied.

"Hmm, let me get my people on it, what do you need!"

"Contacts, addresses, locations, friends and enemies,"

She scoffed "Okay uhm but Kingsley, the police have declared him wanted but he seems to have vanished out of thin air, you don't happen to know..."

"I will wait for your call on what we talked about later,"

I replied, by now she had come to accept I never gave out information I wasn't prepared to give out so she sighed and ended the call.

My eyes now moved to a black tinted Camry just across the road, it packed in front of a high electric fenced building, from one of the back doors came in a young man; so there were a lot more inside , my guess was five as Kingsley openly disclosed to me the previous night.

He opened the gate and only closed it when the car had driven inside, I waited another thirty minutes before I settled to work.

I found my way around the bushes surrounding the fence, short circuited the fenced building but only realized the electric fence was no more than a decor it hadn't been connected.

I landed dully and came face to face with a large malamute dog who began to growl slowly and aggressively at me.

So I returned the favor, a slow, horrifying and death threatening growl that sent it running back to somewhere I didn't know.

I quickly found myself under the window frame of one room that had its light turned on and its window opened, then I noticed the uncanny smell of dried blood oozing everywhere; this was a slaughter house.

Inside the room, I found three girls lying nude and in shackles, legs, mouth and hands, the tiled floor was filled with human waste, urine and blood.

One of the girls caught sight of me and became to move around as I slid into the room.

My nose caught the stench and at a glance I could guess they had been here for quite some time.

I produced one of my handy knives and cut open her rag holding her mouth.

"Are there others in here?"

It took her some time to say anything as she licked her dry lips for moisture and strength.

"Yes, they took....them!"

She mustered as tears dropped freely under her eyes, the others seemed to have caught on with what was happening.

"How many are they?"

" five, they are five, please help us?"

She cried again, I motioned her to stop talking as I heard incoming footsteps.

I tipped the light off and laid siege with dagger in hand.

The door slid open slowly as a nude male figure suddenly shot its head through the door.

I sent my dagger into his skull immediately with enough force that told me his brain must have suffered a stroke before it went dead.

He slumped to the ground and I drew him in quickly; the idiot came to have some fun with his captives I guessed.

I took my knife and the keys I found in his hands, cut off the shackles off the victims hands and told them to wait there.

For the first time I didn't know what to do really, I had started to enjoy my life as an avenger of justice but not as a hero, I wasn't the green vigilante, k.o john or black patriot who enjoyed hero business but here I was rescuing these girls and yet somehow it felt good.

They locked me behind as I instructed and I continued my journey through a passage, one door was open and I could see a stream of fresh blood oozing from the floor out into the passage amidst a whacking sound.

There I stood at his back, the nude figure had a clean machete up in the air , taking swing at the leg of a lifeless vicitm , this was his third as two other dismembered bodoes were packed together at one end.

"Hold it there!" Someone screamed from behind with a gun to my head , this alerted the man with the machete who I recognized ad the one who had opened the gate earlier.

I didn't give him time to say anything, I docked instinctively, the gun fire caught my friend in his face blowing his brains into the wall.

I merely needed to lift my body mid air as I docked to perform a hybrid back kick that sent the gun out of my gun wielding Friend's hand.

He came at me while yelling for help; wrong choice.

I sent my head towards his and cracked hard his skull before sending him to Neverland with a deadly right hook delivered with brute force to his jaw, he spewed his teeth and blood into the air.

I rolled quickly and caught the machete, the new arrival got a quick death, the slippery floor drew him closer to me, my machete went forward with one swing like a pro baseball player and his head rolled downwards.

I stood up, Machete in hand and went out to find the fifth man.

Somewhere I came face to face with the coward, a gun to a one of the abductee's head and shivering like a cow.

"If you come near me I will kill her!"

"Then kill her!"

I said as I took steps towards him, the thing with been apprehensive is how much of a puppet it makes you become, your words, your actions become a screen cast in the eyes of a true manipulator.

He pointed the gun at me and I whacked him in his moment of indecisiveness, his hand and the gun went to the ground, the gun fired a single round that greased my stomach.

I went to ground for a moment as my friend screamed painfully at the lost of his hand.

"I was going to kill you quickly but now I am pissed!" I told him.

A day later, what was tagged THE HOUSE OF HORRORS by the media had the icing on top in the form of a half dismembered man found in the cage with the dog inside; food for thought or food for the dog.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
BOOK 3.2 BODY BUSINESS

Don Clezzy lived a stylish and luxurious lifestyle, he had a mega supermarket, an international poultry farm and a leading pharmaceutical drug store, father of four and husband to one.

A saint and prolific charity giver, well that's what the media painted but not everyone knew of don's past.

He did his best to wipe it, former human trafficker and drug smuggler with connection to the italian mafia in the late '90s, he served half his time in the Italy and got out, returned back and went out of sight and a year later he seemed to have been favored by his gods or acquire some prenormal ability to make wealth for himself.

Sometime ago, he became the subject of speculation when some people fingered him as their benefactor, the report were denied and the police buried it for lack of evidence.

Kingsley had already opened a can of worms, Don't Clezzy was using one of his set ups , the poultry which supplied meat to five countries across Africa including Mali, Libya, Tanzania, Togo and Ghana.

Of course, his shipment to Libya had nothing like poultry meats, this was his money maker, he wasn't just a facilitator, he was the facilitator of all facilitator, his ability to smuggle other people's harvested human organs through the seaports made him one of the biggest bosses in the game.

How do you take down a boss who is quite the boss of his game, give him something he wants.

It was time I asked another friend for help, Majesty and I met five years ago, his set of skills and prenormic ability made him one hecn of an asset only to be called upon for emergencies.

"I need a favour," I asked him through the phone.
"I am busy with something," he returned.

"It's urgent, I need to be in the system,"
"Hmmm, okay what's the ID?"

"I will let you go free on this one, anything within the middle class, human trafficking and Organ facilitation across Asia,"

"Done, you will get it within the next hour, ID, bank statements, shipping orders and documents,"

the call went dead.

You see, that's how I like him, effective and no question asked.

I settled on my next target Stanley assien, I wasn't exactly sure how deep his connection was to Kingsley but I was to put him to the test.

I set out to meet him but this time with an employee, an intern french student. Necessary for my act.

Stanley posed like a honest business man running a little bar down town, he was fat and hairy with a round face; the size of a FIFA football, his fat nose could not contain the amount of hair that ran out to join his mustache, but his tribal marks seemed to be his most prominent features, big crosses like the one they ruled over an empty page.

I patronized him and ordered for a bottle for me and my employee, as hours rolled by and the customers began to fizzle out, in no distant time, it was just him and I.

"Hello, I am about to pack up," he called out to us before he drew near to us.

"Can I have another beer?"

I asked him in French to which my translator explained in English to him.

He returned quickly sensing some level of foreign blood in my manners.

I stood up and stretched my full length, this seemed to put him a back and then I stretched my hand to the empty chair in front of me for him to seat, he seemed willing to take my offer.

"My name is Jean Yudi Kabir, Kingsley asked me to see you!"

My translator went to work.

His eyes went up as I mentioned kingsley's name.

"Kingsley? He is still alive?"

"He is on the run but he is alive, I needed a broker but he wanted nothing to do with it, it seemed your country's law was catching up to him," I explained.

"What are you selling, powder?"

He asked half thoughtful and half conscious.

"Not your field, Kingsley asked me to tell you to make contacts with the Don except you do handle body businesses then I shall deal with you directly?"

He nodded in great disappointment and scoffed.

"Oh no I don't do body business that was Kingsley bread and butter, what is in it for me?"

My translator seemed to have a hard time explaining what he said at about this time, it was a good moment; Stanley was anxious and excited at the thought of riding me off some money.

"100k, 50 now and the other when I an certain we have a deal"

"200k and that's it, Don is not an easy person to see, you don't just pick up the call and expect he is on the other side waiting, 200k or nothing!" He threatened.

I pretended to give it some thought and then stood up as did my translator, his eyes went crazy with alarm and I hadn't even turned around before he stopped me.

"Okay, okay, let me have it, I will make the calls, get you a location and set up the meeting, who are you again?"

He asked urging me to seat.

"I am Jean Yudi Kabir from Congo," I replied.

"If you are interested in powder, I have been trying to get some nice stock, you will not be disappointed, I can..."

His advertisement seemed to stop once the other person on the other side of his call picked up.

The chat lasted for only five minutes and then he beamed at me with great joy.

"I got one of his inside contacts, He will be at the marina beach resort, its a hotel around the..."

"You will be coming with me, right?"

"Oh that's true, yes my friend, sure!" He added.

We shook hands and I left, paid my translator who took the money no question asked and disappeared into a taxi.
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
BODY BUSINESS WILL COME TO AN END THIS COMING WEEK

The JDH series WILL BE giving way for another work this July JOHN REAPER : SONS OF WARS 2101.
SO JDH WILL BE HAVING IT'S CONCLUDING PART AS BODY BUSINESS (3 MINI PART EPISODE)
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by Ayemileto(m): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
WriterX:
BODY BUSINESS WILL COME TO AN END THIS COMING WEEK

The JDH series WILL BE giving way for another work this July JOHN REAPER : SONS OF WARS 2101.
SO JDH WILL BE HAVING IT'S CONCLUDING PART AS BODY BUSINESS (3 MINI PART EPISODE)

Wow.

Nice work OP.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
BOOK 3.3 BODY BUSINESS

The next day, I returned to Stanley's bar, he seemed lively and well dressed.

"He will not come with us,"

he pointed out to the translator who interpreted to me, I paid the interpreter after knowing this was the don's request.

He drove forty-five minutes and said nothing only eyes that probed me to and fro.
"I will make the introductions," he seemed to say but when I looked him and spoke in French, he gave a sigh and smiled at me.

"Why would he ask me to loose the interpreter, how am I supposed to explain to this idiot that I have to handle things,"

he said still smiling at me.

I smiled innocently at him then we stepped out in front of the resort besides the beach.

Inside was a calm well ordered resort, a few people seated here and there, Don't clezzy was nowhere in sight, this had taken me into a more cautious and threat assessment stage of everyone we kept walking past.

"Don?" I pronounced in what anyone would laugh at as a clumsy nod towards speaking English.

He demonstrated and shook his head in disagreement as he led me to an empy table where we sat.

He looked around dully and began to tap nervously, each time peeking at me when I pretended I wasnt monitoring him.

I could sense something wasn't right but I couldn't lay hands on it so I had to be patient then a young man in a cheap blue suit appeared through the entrance and walked straight to us. Stanley got up and joined him at a corner after which a three minute discussion ensued.

They both joined me and then a forth person came in; he may not have introduced himself yet but I knew him from my research.
Don's goto man, his junior brother; Emmanuel aka Eazyee, a smart, clean handsome young man who worked as Don't Clezzy's financial manager and adviser, caretaker and many other things that involved money.

The first class graduate of financial accounting taking care of the financial aspect of every deal for Don was rumored to be an illiterate to some extent but Eazyee was an eagle eyed eccentric business man who made sure his brother was never to be toyed with in financial decision making.

Stanley walked back to me and passed his phone to me; a call was waiting.

The receiver spoke in fluent French; I had to put up my French accent as well.

"My name is Emmanuel, I heard you were pitching business with my boss, he was supposed to be here with me but emergencies happen, so you will discuss with me as his business representatives and what i say hear goes and don't worry as you can see I can speak French quite well, so let's hear your proposal, Mr. Jean"

He gave a confident smile at me.

"Okay that sounds fair,"

I nodded. "I have a proposal for your brother which will see his profit soar three times than what he is getting per shipment,"

I paused and could only marvel at the young man's stillness as I spoke.

"His market route is similar to every other trader in the business just okay with minimal profit, sell to the Liberians and the Liberians sell to the rest of the Asia, I know so because I have dealt with the Liberians for years now but I think that's not fair, your brother should be earning a lot more but those pale skins are reaping your brother buying cheap and selling big to me so I want to buy directly from your brother and do the heavy shipping direct to Asia, I hear he once did reach out to Asia bosses over direct shipment, I am offering that deal, think about it,"

My French was excellent.

He said nothing for a while as did Stanley the onlooker then gave me a rousing smile.

" we have been in partnership trade with the Libyans for years now, its been very smooth, we know they deal with us badly, its no secret but 18million per cargo was a good deal, it still is,"

Impulsive breathing, occasionally starring and then taking off eye contact, under a minute of his speech I could tell, this young man was lying buy why? I had wondered.

"Am sorry, its too risky, you see the saying that among thieves there is honor isn't far fetched, my brother will work with the Libyans for now if you don't mind!"

He said.

He picked himself up, stretched forth a hand which I took and then he left without looking back.

Plan A in this case was a total failure, I needed to rethink my entire plan. I left disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2022
BOOK 3.FINAL 1 BLACK PATRIOT VS JOHN DARE IN BODY BUSINESS

"This is not right, Don would have jumped at this offer!" Stanley said to himself since he believed I could really converse in English.
I took an Uber and left him there.

However I was not to be go home empty handed, I left for a safe spot and began tracking Eazyee through to the evening.

I followed him up to the evening when he went to Club 50, a so called big business men and celebs hang out, outside I waited around for him, the bouncers seemed like trouble and I hadn't come prepared, next time I would be I said to myself then a car drove into the scene, all black, a one seater with the roar of a beast, i could only admire the car but i was in for a shock as it's occupant announced himself to the bouncers.

He was in full black Kevlar armor vest, masked up and combat gear fitted, two metallic rods for batons that he held on each hand and a set of expensive gadgets that hung on his waist.

The black Patriot had just announced himself, the bouncers got the idea and disappeared out of fear; by now if you didn't know who the black Patriot was it was certain you were a stranger to the state.

He slammed the glass doors with one foot up high and it gave way instantly, I had to see this for myself, what on earth was the black Patriot doing here, I wondered as I followed stealthily.

I hadn't gotten close to the door before screams filled the air, customers fleeing the scene, eazyee was nowhere to be found or was he?

I walked in and just was able to catch the black Patriot smashing his fist into eazyee's face.

He took one look behind his iconic helmet at me and stopped.

"Who are you?" He asked in a cold gritty voice I knew was to intimidate me.

"I am John" I replied as I took a seat without taking my eyes off him, he dropped eazyee who slumped on the floor and walked slowly towards me, batons, combat ready.

"You haven't answered my question Mister, who are you and what is your business here, are you a friend of his?" He pointed at eazyee.

"No, not a friend but I do need him for now, I have heard a lot about you, the black Patriot, super hero for justice and a better society, the media says, I am impressed"

I said fully as he came face to face with me.

"You are john-John Dare Henry, isn't it?" He asked almost uncertain at the time but I nodded.

"I see, hmm it seems I am very lucky this evening mister John, I get to take out a human trafficking scum and a senseless psychopath off the street," He reached out quickly for me, hoping to catch me by the neck but I pushed back and kicked the table in between us to create some space.

"Surrender now, Mr. John, your senseless acts of violence and incessant murders have come to an end, you are giving vigilantes a bad name, boy!"

He ran up to me with confidence waving his batons in combat manner determined to foil my resistance, I dropped low dodging them and producing my blades and swinging low, they came brushing his kevlar armor and only left a scratch and then I felt the batons descending heavy on my back and my head with no time to react he gave me a knee to my jaw, sending me staggering backwards, blood flowed down my jaw as I spat a tooth out.

"You are no match,boy surrender and save your self..."

"Don't you get tired?" I asked as I spat more blood out.

"Get tired? Of what?"

"The bad guys, you get them caught and the justice system let's them walk out, what about Alhaji Takur, I heard he is back to smuggling contrabands, the people praise you and your likes but what really are you doing if you are not doing enough-if you are not doing anything, when I fight the baf guys I don't spare them, they finally know the rules by which I play this game, my name is john dare henry and I will not stop until I clean this city of its filthiness!"

I came at him and he hadn't expected it, throwing him off with an open swinging of my right hand at his chest, he reacted as I wanted him to moving back and out of the way- enough for me to deliver a powerful right kick to his chest followed by a left.

He staggered back throwing away one of his batons which I caught ,now I had a blade and one of black patriot's weapon,thick steel bar meant to beat the devil out of anyone.

We came at each other again, his technique was a plus and relentlessness but I was built for combat ,body,soul and spirit.

Blow to Blow, Kick to Kick and Strength to Strength, We outmatched only ourselves.

Then we heard a shattering gun fire that sent us to the ground quickly, we hadn't know it yet but Eazyee's Calvary of heavily armed men had just arrived.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
BOOK 3. FINAL 2 BLACK PATRIOT VS JOHN DARE IN BODY BUSINESS

We came under heavy gun fire for more than five minutes straight, in between Eazyee had been bloodily massacred by his own people, once it stopped we couldn't have struck a deal better than this.

"We are not done yet, I will find you and put a stop to your madness!" He swore as he took his exit.

He took his leave through the nearest door and I disappeared from the scene as well.

Who would have a thought I would be seen as the dark horse in this affair, it's not that I did give damn but I could at least be appreciated for the many unjust in the state I had made just.

I retired to my sanctuary that day to find someone I hadn't thought to see in this life, Mrs. Vee at my gate.

How did she find me, I wondered.

"I know who you are john dare, I want us to talk!" She said as I got out of the taxi.

"You should not be here, whatever it is, you should have called, you are putting yourself in a lot of..."

"Everyday in this godforsaken country is putting my life in danger, we need to talk, you don't seem so good yourself..." She paused and starred blankly at my side.
"John you have been shot!" She cried out as I took a look, damn it, my body weakness and slowness all this while had been coming from a hit to my side.

"Its okay, I am..."

I woke up in my living room, undressed in a bloody mess, the time was 9:00 in the evening, I must have passed out hours ago while I was pulling the tough guy card; good thing I was around.

"He is calling you out!"

She said shoving her phone in my face - a vide of black patriot with a headline below

JOHN DARE IS A PYSCHOPATH NOT A VIGILANTE.

I said nothing but only returned my eyes to my patched up ribs. "Thank you!" I said dully.

"I learnt from my mother how to patch things up, my biological father used to be small time robber before his demise, my mom a quack nurse never told me this, she said he was a night guard and I believed her, so I learnt how to patch bullet wounds and other stuff up" She revealed with a doleful expression hanging on her brutalized face- brutalized?

"What happened to your face?" I asked.
"My ex-husband, don't worry I will sue the hell out of him and make his life a living hell!"

She swore,I could trust her on her words.

"John, the back patriot has you in his sight, his involvement has Alps brought the awareness of the army and police combined upon your recent activities, they are tagging you a mass murderer and a killer on a rampage, you have a shoot on sight order on your head, they are coming for you,"

"What do you think?" I asked her.

"About you? I don't know, you know the very first time you called me even though you had warned me not to call the police, I hesitated, I wanted to, I thought you were a lunatic, a denormal or even a crazy prenormal, I was scared and didn't know what to do, could I trust you, well you know what I think, I think you are doing what the rest aren't doing, you are hope and trust for the people of this state, the crimes have gone down, the criminals they don't just go around, they are scared shitless of your name, you are inspiring a new brand of vigilantes across the state and the country but I think you can do more, I think you can do better because if you can't, then you are no better than the exact same people you are swore to defeat, be the hero this time, let justice prevail, not your justice but their justice, if they don't do what's right then do it but you have to trust them first and then your own actions can be justified!" She said

Just then the phone rang, an unknown number that can't be good I noted of myself as I picked it up.

"Who is this?"

"John Dare Henry, isn't it? So you are the man responsible for my..."

Just then I heard a loud gun shot outside my building followed by arrival of some vehicles-now that can't be good!

"...brother's death, you thought you could walk away, I have been doing what I do for years man, do you honestly think I was as dumb as they come? I was going to lure you with my brother denying your stupid ass deal and getting you to a location where you would never trouble me or anyone again but you and your friend ruined it but not for long, now you and your girlfriend are going to feel my wrath, each armed man out there has been a promised five million naira if they get to bring me your head, you hear that, now I will know what you are made up against my men and their people!"

The calm ended just as my gate came under fire- I was under siege I reckoned.

I flipped up the cushion pillow and tossed to her a hang gun which scarred her the most.

"it's loaded, shot and kill anything that isn't me!" I tugged her and moved her to my door with a bullet proof door and shatter proof windows, she will be safe against small fire arms and weapons for a limited time.

Outside my home, I could already count twenty five plus, heavily armed, knives won't do, I switched to my 9mm pistol, tucking my revolver and enough magazine behind my belt as I switched off the entire building's light down and armed myself for war.

I didn't need any night goggles, I knew the entire building's schematic even in my dreams.

The first sets of idiots barged through the front door under heavy fire and chants, my spot shielded me completely I picked them up, bullet to head- all three of them dropping like heavy rain drops on dry land.

Again more heavy fire came shattering everything I could imagine where I laid still, then the back door had been infiltrated, two more fire shots continuously as they walked in. Ak-47s, amateurs I could tell.

I shot one on the leg who let out a loud yell letting the other face him while still clutching the trigger , he was as shocked seeing the mess he made out of his dear brother in arms-not for long, I shot him in the heart and switched position as four more came into the parlor, my cover had been blown.

I came under heavy fire once again until I wrapped my face with clothing and then threw in a smoke grenade.

I picked them up in the smoke as they panicked and moved around like sheep's without shepherds.

More gun fires echoed from outside as I could tell more men were still coming on, their advantage was in their numbers, my advantage was in my knowledge.

I dropped low under heavy fire again and found my way to a secret door that sealed me away from the eyes off everyone.

"Go in, everyone!" Someone said and so twelve more came in.

The last hadn't seen me behind him, I drove a knife into his neck and used his body as a bullet vest for his friend who fired without restraint.

I replied quickly, cutting three down and disappearing into the smoke that had now covered almost everything.

A few torch light flickering only gave me a good idea of where they were I fired a single shot and watched the idiots fire into every direction until they started killing themselves, fear, alcohol, drugs, adrenaline, excitement, these morons were chicken for slaughter.
I found my way out and continued the fight, a revolver on one hand and my 9mm on the other, we exchanged gun fire far longer than I wanted, I was running out of bullets fast if only I had taken out my much more heavy artillery out.

I took a bullet in my hand and my shoulders, yeah I was going to die.

But I wasn't to wish any longer.

"Kakakakkakakkkakakakakak!"

My ears went deaf as Mrs. V announced her entrance, A sub machine gun in her hand with rounds of live ammunitions hanging around her shoulders, Rambo style!

Her composure and handling were second to none, two cars and their occupants went up into the night sky in flames amidst explosion and many more men were cut in halves by armor piercing rounds firing at 0.2 seconds a whole hundreds of rounds.

She held her ground for ten bloody minutes and a thousand bullets seemed like popcorn been fried before my eyes as empty shells dropped happily around us.

"you learnt that from your mum?" I asked impressively.

"This one, I learnt from my father" she replied throwing the weapon to the floor as she got to help me up.

Amidst the settling dust, there was only piles of bodies here and then butchered in halves and decapitated by bullets.

Yet I could see that figure announcing his presence, I could see him far off, I could almost see his face, the black patriot had just walked in.
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
BOOK 3. THE END

"Go through the back door, you will find a ladder by the wall, use it and don't look back, go now!" I urged Vee who seemed confused as black patriot edged nearer to us.

"Don't die, we still need you!"

She said to me before she disappeared.

"Where does your little girlfriend think she can run to, when I am done with you, she will be next!"

Black patriot vowed as I began to pick myself up,leaking blood like a petrol can suddenly turned on its head.

"I have yo admit I am jealous about how good you treat these bastards in some way, we are not so different..."

"You don't know me blackie so cut the trap and let's do this!" Fist up high and eyes all on him.

He smirked and decided to go fist to fist with me; I bet I already looked like an overkill.

"It's a pity I was looking for something more,"

he took a quick swing at me, I failed to courter and got staggered by the power behind the punch , again I took a stance as he came even closer ,landing successive strikes at my gut, I managed a headbutt crashing his helmet and he replied with a powerful kick into my chest.

"Stand down john, you are out, this is madness!"

He urged me yet I couldn't stay down.

I stood up, bloodied and definitely dying , listening to the slow uncertain beats of my heart as I bled continuously.

I rushed at him and got a swinging kick to the face that sent me somersaulting to the ground and for a moment I wondered if this was how I was going to die.

Death, the one thing that had so eluded me countless times seemed to be calling for me, I could see it all happen again, oh yes, I could see it happen.

That cold morning, the truck conveying Mary and Little Teju back home while i was about to board the flight and that call.

That call had changed my life, it had shut the jaws of death, it had born a fire never to be quenched, a mission without end, it had given birth to me and I in turn had become the hand of death itself.

"Stand down idiot!"

He yelled as I pushed what was left of myself up, he came at me with so much anger, his punches seemed to have broken my ribcage with each blow, a knee to my face and another high boot to my jaw, I flew a good distance and crashed into the glass window nearby impaling myself on broken glass.

There I wondered as my heart began a dreadful thumping, there I wondered if I could have done things better, could Vee have been correct, could the black patriot be telling the truth, had I become the very monster I swore to eliminate?

"No!" I mumbled pushing one lump of glass shard out of my thigh as I stood up but the patriot didn't give me any chance , he speared me into a pillar and began to punish me with heavy blows , raining his strength into my already lifeless body.

"Stay the f***k down, you lunatic!" He yelled.

"Gboah!...Gboah!!...Gboah!!!"

Three shots came from behind and pierced the black patriot's helmet-head shots.

Vee was a damn good shot I could tell as I found her starring at us, the black patriot stood no chance, he fell limp and numb on top of me.

Suddenly I could see them, Mary and Teju, she was more beautiful than I had known and my little boy had a big smile on his face, he seemed proud of me, they both wanted me to go meet them, I could tell as my eyelids began to shut down, who really would the people judge me to be? A lunatic, a vigilante , an anti hero or just a man on a mission?

I never cared because I am John Dare Henry and just maybe tonight wasn't going to be the night I go to them.
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by joshkke(m): 9:19am On Jul 07, 2022
Hi, tried to send u an email, but the address is wrong, sent a pm instead. I'm interested in some cg work for film. Pm pls

WriterX:
AUTHOR'S ARC
When Justice fails, When the Law turns a blind eye, When darkness has engulfed the light, When the Truth has been buried with so much violence and misery, one man will do what no other man will, His name is John Dare Henry.

I AM PLEASED TO INFORM YOU ALL, I AM PUTTING IN A LOT OF EFFORT IN JDH'S STORY, I DECIDED TO DROP ALL OTHER WORKS IN MOTION FOR THIS GRITTY, SUSPENSE, ACTION PACKED NOVEL BASED ON THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER OF JDH.

SYNOPSIS

"If you are reading this, then its true, they finally know by what rules I play this dirty game, there are no forgiveness, there are no redemption, there are no second chances, there are no happy ever after, I am the very pain you have unleashed into this world, I am John Dare Henry" - John Dare Henry
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by WriterX(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
joshkke:
Hi, tried to send u an email, but the address is wrong, sent a pm instead. I'm interested in some cg work for film. Pm pls

Hello, am currently indisposed for CGI work currently, thanks for reaching out to me though.
Re: My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END by joshkke(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
k
WriterX:

Hello, am currently indisposed for CGI work currently, thanks for reaching out to me though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hbd To Me / Aunty Blessing And Boy Tobi (d Hawker) A Short Story / The Chronicle Of A Nerdy Uniben Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.