Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate (53339 Views)

Hope Uzodinma Pushed For Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate - Lukman / Ali Modu Sheriff May Emerge As APC Consensus Candidate / Oshiomhole Group Picks Ize-Iyamu As Edo APC Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by 9jahotblog: 8:48pm On May 31, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the ruling All Progressives Congress will not be conducting primaries to select its presidential candidate next week, Nasarawa Governor Abdullahi Sule said on Tuesday, adding that the Nigerian leader insisted on a consensus flag-bearer.

“The president clearly mentioned that our consensus candidate, our candidate to be selected, must be somebody acceptable to Nigerians,” Mr Sule said during an interview with Channels Television.

The governor’s broadcast came hours after Mr Buhari summoned governors to Aso Rock to discuss the ruling party’s convention slated for June 6.

Mr Buhari said during the meeting that the governors, who wield significant powers within the party hierarchy, should allow him a free hand to handpick a successor.

It came as tensions grip the party’s opposing caucuses ahead of the national convention in Abuja. At issue has been the question of whether or not the APC would yield its ticket to a southerner, amongst whom Bola Tinubu is a front runner.

Mr Tinubu has insisted on primaries that will guarantee a broader acceptance of the individual to be elected, saying any discussions of consensus could plunge the party into chaos.

A spokesman for Mr Tinubu did not immediately return a request seeking comments about Mr Buhari’s statement and the additional disclosure from Mr Sule, who was also present at the meeting.

When Mr Buhari said earlier on Tuesday that he wanted his own successor, it was not immediately clear whether or not he would impose a consensus candidate or back a favourite into a free and fair primary.

Mr Buhari emphasised “somebody who understands what APC is all about, what APC is after and he mentioned clearly that it is somebody that will go to every part of the country and be accepted,” Mr Sule added during the interview. “Somebody who will be able to sustain all the good things the president has done.”

The governor maintained the president did not name the individual he planned on backing for the party’s presidential candidature, saying an unveiling would come later.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-told-us-there-wont-be-primaries-he-demanded-consensus-candidate-governor-sule/

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Xscape1993(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2022
In the evil party anything goes. This is the most unorganized party that I have ever seen in the history of Nigeria political development. This is why Nigeria is presidentless since 2015.

127 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Ttalk: 8:49pm On May 31, 2022
The consensus candidate is our amiable Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

399 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by springer: 8:49pm On May 31, 2022
PMB is a Military-Politician in Democracy.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by 9jahotblog: 8:50pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari told us there won’t be primaries; he demanded consensus candidate: Governor Sule

With this arrangement, Tinubu is a goner. He should be prepared to decamp to SDP. I don’t think Sdp will give him their ticket if he dare decamp to Sdp. As it stands today, Tinubu willl be disgrace in the presidential primary election of APC.

134 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2022
shocked

Mode of operation of Nigeria's politicians:

1. Win election

2. Sit or gallivant around the globe

3. Embezzle public funds

4. Think about another election.

The circle continues

208 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 31, 2022
They are at the negotiating table again, postulating on who would lead you and my self.. if they were capable, we wont have gone from bad to worse as they are all leaders in the Nigeria of today...

What other Good could can they provide or do we expect from them?.. did they save any good for later?

Vote right, Vote Labour, Vote Peter Obi...

258 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:52pm On May 31, 2022
cool
Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Bigflamie(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2022
grin

On Gbola Tinubu I stand

417 Likes 125 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Otuegbe: 8:54pm On May 31, 2022
I see vawulence coming.

434 Likes 130 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by naijaboy756: 8:54pm On May 31, 2022
Amechi it is

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by OkoroBufo: 8:55pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria. Ipob pigs can go jump into the Lagoon.
City Boy all the way!

-Okoro bufo

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Nigerialabalaba: 8:55pm On May 31, 2022
Me I no dey believe anytin from Gaxette.

Gazette na trashy platform for fake news and serial blackmail. Shiorr

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by lonecatt(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari must be a dunce
does he think we are in 1983

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by DitariDisciple2: 8:56pm On May 31, 2022
Its Jonathan with APC ticket and Atiku PDP.

Tinubu is not contesting.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by StrongandMighty: 8:57pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu urchins over to you guys

440 Likes 141 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Agwotulumbe(f): 8:57pm On May 31, 2022
helinues is crying
children of God are dancing

on Tinubu's manhood we stand gidigba

Jagaban of druggie.

on a serious note.
I wonder how Tinubu supporters behave.
the same Buhari that have tackled Tinubu so many times even Aisha never hid it.
the same Tinubu Buhari rather than allow his principal clinch Edo state he rather allow pdp an opposition to displace Oshiomole in extension Tinubu.
he knew that Tinubu will have unlimited influence in Apc had it been he won that edo state with oshiomole.
the same Buhari that ousted Oshiomole a Tinubu loyalist and planted his own person to minimise his powers.
the same buhari that selected his loyalist as a party chairman and so on.

the thing is that buhari cannot risk a Tinubu presidency because he knew that Tinubu will deal with him if such power enters his hands.
buhari is a dictator but he's dictatorship is nothing compare to Tinubu's own in Lagos.
such person with that kind of unending influence and decides who stays and who leaves Alausa Lagos is what you're expecting buhari to hand over power to.

The thing is that should Tinubu fail to clinch Apc ticket, he only has himself and his past deeds to blame and not Buhari.

Hypocrisy is when you hail Tinubu as the Jagaban and political guru because he can single handedly pick a governor in Lagos and other positions but you're here expecting buhari not to pick his own Successor.
what goes around surely comes around.

434 Likes 112 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by DitariDisciple2: 8:57pm On May 31, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
Its Jonathan with APC ticket and Atiku PDP.

Tinubu is not contesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by HealerH: 8:57pm On May 31, 2022
I don't use to care about Nigerian politics before now, but the suspense in the APC camp is so interesting I see myself reading any update about their plans. grin

I have a perfect solution to offer on the current brouhaha in APC camp. But my Grandpa once told me not to correct my enemy when he's making a mistake.

If you truly care about Nigeria, you shouldn't offer advice or give critical analysis on APC's problems. Just sit back and laugh. You never can tell... Buhari might be on Nairaland grin

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by helinues: 8:58pm On May 31, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
helinues is crying
children of God are dancing

on Tinubu's manhood we stand gidigba

Jagaban of druggie

Why are you always incoherent with topic of discussion? Is it boredomness that is causing that?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by DitariDisciple2: 8:59pm On May 31, 2022
naijaboy756:
Amechi it is

He asked his Fulani people to buy form for Jonathan and he sacked Ameachi for trying to challenge him.

Judge for yourself now.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by WATCHOVER(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is to IBB
As Buhari is to OBJ watch closely you will see their similarities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by ZombieSlaughter: 9:04pm On May 31, 2022
Ttalk:
The consensus candidate is our amiable Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

yoruba and false hopes. grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by bennybuhari: 9:05pm On May 31, 2022
The governors, including Tinubu will be foolish to accept that

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Mooh247: 9:06pm On May 31, 2022
cool

Tinubu clearly answered, it's either he is the consensus candidate or the primaries hold as he and some southern aspirants won't step down for anyone

396 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Agwotulumbe(f): 9:07pm On May 31, 2022
helinues:

[s]Why are you always incoherent with topic of discussion? Is it boredomness that is causing that?
[/s]
Shut up

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by FallenShitHole: 9:08pm On May 31, 2022
They should haul that thief called theifnudu into EFCC custody already, and have their way for Buhari chosen candidate to emerge. I hope the chosen criminal will not be Igbo. The shithole must go down and Biafra must emerge.

450 Likes 154 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by helinues: 9:09pm On May 31, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
[/s]
Shut up

You didn't cancel it properly. Oya do the justification..

Btw, does it mean cancellation of comments have been suspended by you now?

Oh lawd, mods are really wicked oo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by freemanq(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2022
Fear they caught Apc oooo because dey no they have failed Nigerians. Where is Mr lier m.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists Characteristics Of APC Consensus Candidate by Tb222(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2022
Xscape1993:
In the evil party anything goes. This is the most unorganized party that I have ever seen in the history of Nigeria political development. This is why Nigeria is presidentless since 2015.
the B. A. T soilders haff started wailing,. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabia TheRealMrStan Is Dead / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC / Fayose Congratulates Tinubu On His 65th Birthday (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.