Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Beauty Of The West!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Beauty Of The West!! (487 Views)

Russia Mocks U.S, Biden & The West Over "Fake" Claims Of Ukraine Invasion (Pics) / Putin Tests 'unstoppable ' Hypersonic Missile As Tension Rage With The West(Pix) / Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:12pm On May 31, 2022
For many days the EU,had tried to convince one of its members of the need to sanction Russia.Out of the 27 EU members,Hungary refused to endorse the oil embargo on Russia.

Now, talking about the beauty of the west..I ask,is there anywhere in the world where one country will oppose a union of 27 member countries from implementing there wish apart from the WEST?

Most of us in Nigeria today only knows about; MAJORITY CARRIE'S THE DAY.
But,it seems the west now believes EVERY PERSON'S OPINION COUNT'S!

This same pattern also applied to Nato:

Sweden & Finland has been trying so hard to convince Turkey to allow them to be registered as members of Nato, even when other 29 members had unanimously endorsed it,yet only Turkey have stopped Nato from registering Sweden & Finland.

Even Russia or China cannot & will not practice this high level of tolerance.

To those accusing the US of encroaching into Russia's territories through Nato, at least they have now see the process other member countries went through before being registered into Nato.

Who would not want to be part of a union where his/her opinion counts?

In Nigeria it's majority carries the day.

In Russia it's Putin & Kremlin that carries Russia's days.

In the west it's unanimity that carries the day!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by DannyFX2638: 11:02pm On May 31, 2022
It's part of the agreement !!

An organization can decide to adopt the *Majority carries the vote* while another organization can also decide to use this system .. just like NATO did ..

It's all about agreement !!! Before joining, They will give you Terms and conditions !!

5 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by ken6488(m): 11:50pm On May 31, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
For many days the EU,had tried to convince one of its members of the need to sanction Russia.Out of the 27 EU members,Hungary refused to endorse the oil embargo on Russia.

Now, talking about the beauty of the west..I ask,is there anywhere in the world where one country will oppose a union of 27 member countries from implementing there wish apart from the WEST?

Sweden & Finland has been trying so hard to convince Turkey to allow them to be registered as members of Nato, even when other 29 members had unanimously endorsed it,yet only Turkey have stopped Nato from registering Sweden & Finland.

To those accusing the US of encroaching into Russia's territories through Nato, at least they have now see the process other member countries went through before being registered into Nato.

It is just part of the terms and conditions nothing special
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2022
ken6488:

It is just part of the terms and conditions nothing special
My dear it's special. I have never seen where it's practiced except in the EU & Nato.

Imagine 24 other member countries of the EU pleading with Hungary to accept the EU's proposal on sanctions against Russia for more than two weeks.

You can also imagine only Turkey stopping other 29 member countries of Nato from registering Sweden & Finland as their members, for more than two weeks now.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2022
DannyFX2638:
It's part of the agreement !!

An organization can decide to adopt the *Majority carries the vote* while another organization can also decide to use this system .. just like NATO did ..

It's all about agreement !!! Before joining, They will give you Terms and conditions !!
Yes I know it's agreement.But good MINDS produced good agreement's & good conditions.

Honestly,I have never seen this type of agreement before now except in EU & Nato....pls if you have seen let me know.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2022
US and NATO, world bullies, found their match Russia ��. The 2 have been known to bully weaker nations , I'm glad Russia is on their neck

4 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
US and NATO, world bullies, found their match Russia ��. The 2 have been known to bully weaker nations , I'm glad Russia is on their neck
Irrespective of what you feel about Nato & US, they have never gone to any country to divide them.

1) It's either they invade a country to push out the government in power..

2) or they go to defend a country under attack from superior enemies.

I don't think Nato & US has done what
Russia did in Georgia 2008,Ukraine 2014 again in Ukraine 2022.

However, to be sure that I have not missed my way,if there's any country that US or Nato invaded for the purpose of dividing that country that I don't know,pls be kind to educate me on that...I will be humble to appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Irrespective of what you feel about Nato & US, they have never gone to any country to divide them.

1) It's either they invade a country to push out the government in power..

2) or they go to defend a country under attack from superior enemies.

I don't think Nato & US has done what
Russia did in Georgia 2008,Ukraine 2014 again in Ukraine 2022.

However, to be sure that I have not missed my way,if there's any country that US or Nato invaded for the purpose of dividing that country that I don't know,pls be kind to educate me on that...I will be humble to appreciate you.

There are many but first what you are trying to say is that killing people in all their wars is better than dividing them right.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

There are many but first what you are trying to say is that killing people in all their wars is better than dividing them right.
GOD forbid.I condemn & abhor anything killing of human being.

Wether in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Mali or Ukraine killing of any human being created by GOD is evil.

That's why the west is still a bit better than Russia...one country can't take decision for other members.

Take for instance, The CIS, Commonwealth independent of States,in which Ukraine was a co founder after the collapse of the Soviet Union,was invaded by one of her members Russia.

Do you think if this kind of agreement was in place,Russia would have invaded her own members, Georgia in 2008 & Ukraine 2014..2022?....

because either Georgia or Ukraine would have vetoed it.

This are some of the reasons why the CIS,CSTO can't grow more than its current members of 6-8, after 20years of formation.
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by nsiba: 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

There is this chief clown of the mad man of Europe, I think he needs some tutoring DerrickzB is the useless accursed name he goes by
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
nsiba:

There is this chief clown of the mad man of Europe, I think he needs some tutoring DerrickzB is the useless accursed name he goes by
You can make your comments without abusing anyone

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by nsiba: 5:08am On Jun 02, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
You can make your comments without abusing anyone

Every POOTin worshipper like that DerrickzB licking the scrotum of the mad man while innocent women and children are dying deserves more than that

Thunder fire POOtin and all his praise singers they can go burn in hell
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by shogsman(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

The USA has unilaterally sanctioned Cuba to Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, afghanistan for years and Europe has to do as Thier told and follow up with USA's sanctions, there is nothing like equality in NATO, you're just explaining normal things that happens in every society.
Why do you think they vote in the Senate in your own country

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
nsiba:

Every POOTin worshipper like that DerrickzB licking the scrotum of the mad man while innocent women and children are dying deserves more than that

Thunder fire POOtin and all his praise singers they can go burn in hell
Every person has his/her own right to choose between good or evil.

You only try to convince any person you feel that's drifting from the path of truth,I don't think abusing that person is the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
shogsman:

The USA has unilaterally sanctioned Cuba to Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, afghanistan for years and Europe has to do as Thier told and follow up with USA's sanctions, there is nothing like equality in NATO, you're just explaining normal things that happens in every society.
Why do you think they vote in the Senate in your own country
Nigerians only knows "majority carries the day".

But the EU & Nato is governed by UNANIMITY!

The US is just a country & a member of Nato.
If the US sanctions any country it did so as a country not on behalf of Nato.

You said it's a normal thing?.. apart from the EU & Nato which other Union or association do you think is gorverned by UNANIMITY?
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by nsiba: 5:15am On Jun 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

You only try to convince any person you feel that's drifting from the path of truth,I don't think abusing that person is the right thing to do.

One mans good is another evil, 4k them all
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by DerrickzB: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

Bro I’d advice you against replying that one ooo!! I made up my mind not to ever reply him!!!

Someone that said Putin is hiding under a bunker the other day!! Is that one stable??
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
DerrickzB:

Bro I’d advice you against replying that one ooo!! I made up my mind not to ever reply him!!!

Someone that said Putin is hiding under a bunker the other day!! Is that one stable??
Nairaland is full of character's like "Tom & Jerry"

Irrespective of which side you belong/support wether APC or PDP... Ukraine or Russia,we should try to avoid going to the extreme.
Re: The Beauty Of The West!! by VOICEofORIENTAL: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
nsiba:

One mans good is another evil, 4k them all
Yes you are right!

That's why I prefer the west to some countries.The western countries are not perfect & don't claim to be perfect either.Infact if you judge by the way they live their lives you may miss the point.

They don't hide their sins as those who hide theirs & still claim holy holy!

They have & run a system that supports "Good & evil" in the name of freedom.

It's now up to you to choose between the Good or the evil that their system provided.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Victorusa:the Future Potus? / USA Repeating The Same Cycle Of Ukraine In Taiwan And It's Not Going To End Well / Biden Forgives Thousands of $$ For Student Loan Borrowers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.