Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? (3559 Views)

Baraje: APC Brought In Militias From Mali, Niger Others To Win 2015 Polls / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election / 5 Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Was Defeated In 2015 Election By Postingday.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Niwdog:
Na only mumu for politics believe say tinubu make buhari president
I will keep repeating it the Npdp
Made buhari president
If those five heavy weight politicians didn't left PDP buhari for no win that election
Kwakwansiya movement in 2015 was massive and we all witnessed it
Same kwakwansiya movement helped Atiku in 2019
Don't know how people understand politics in Nigeria
Maybe na media politics most Nigeria youths understand
They haven't listened to real political analyst before
oh that is so true. Atiku that never did well came very close to winning thanks to kwankwaso

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Tinubu dey give people sleepless night. All the time wey una suppose use support whoever you think is worth the presidency una dey use am talk about tinubu.
it is time we retire tinubu. O to ge. Yes tinubu is very hated. Why should a man hold lagos state by the neck like that? I am yoruba and I dont like it

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by SIRTee15: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Don't worry. When it's time to look for who to blame for buhari's failure, you will remember Tinubu- that's when u start groaning that 'he forced this failure on us'

Just imagine a presidential aspirant meeting with the us foreign secretary. Which level buhari get to arrange such high level meeting.

But I agree with u guys that buhari owe Tinubu nothing.
Tinubu's selfishness got us to where we are today as a nation. He should be held fully responsible that failure in aso rock. He should not be rewarded with the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by DMerciful(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Tinubu couldn't deliver in 2015 and even worse in 2019. If not rigging, Bubu would have lost in Lagos in 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Bragalane: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2022
MkpuruMiri addict turn political analysts over tall giant Tinubu they envy all their miserable wretched lives. Just imagine this group of lunatics. Pandora kleptomaniac failure de to write about, how the bastard was chased out of the PDP an entire unwise dead brain tribe served for over 20 years without no a single thing to show is there to write but this deluded miserable souls can't come up with a retrospect on that. What a shame. Make tribe de manufacture lunatics like breeze.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
tinubus greatest Strength is propaganda. He controls a lot of news outlets and uses then to paint a picture about himself. That is why the cabal still fears him. They are afraid he can use the media to tarnish them, if not they would have thrown him in the dustbin long ago.
Social media are here today to counter those traditional media outlets.Thats exactly how Trump won in the US

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2022
DMerciful:
Tinubu couldn't deliver in 2015 and even worse in 2019. If not rigging, Bubu would have lost in Lagos in 2019!
he thinks buhari is stupid

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Help2020: 9:01am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
Tinubu supporters have always acclaimed the political genius Tinubu is. How without Tinubu, Buhari can never become president, How tinubu ensured Buhari won.

How True is this.
To get the truth, we have to look at the facts, to get the facts we have to look at the records.

In 2007 Tinubu and Atiku aligned against Obasanjo and Yaradua. They spent money, played all their cards but still lost to Yaradua. Not only did they lose, Atiku came a distant 3rd.
Yaradua had 24.6 Million votes
BUHARI HAD 6 million votes
ATIKU WITH TINUBUS HELP ONLY HAD 2.6 million votes.
Buhari had 4million votes more than tinubu and atiku could get without spending the money tinubu and atiku spent

So tinubu proved to be a light weight in national politics in 2007.

Tinubu regroup again in 2011 with his ACN party and presented Nuhu Ribadu. How well did they do?
Jagaban was only able to get 2million votes where Buhari without the money and Media strategies of Mr. Tinubu got a whopping 12 million votes. JONATHAN WON WITH 22MILLION VOTES!

Again Tinubu failed woefully in 2011, he even got lesser votes than in 2007. But Buhari got double the votes he had in 2007. Showing that Buhari was getting more popular and stronger.

2015 was finally the year that projected tinubu to the status he hold till date. It is believed that tinubu helped Buhari win. BUT DID HE? Let us look at the results again.
LAGOS AND OSUN STATE ARE THE 2 STATES COMPLETELY UNDER TINUBU YET BUHARI ONLY WON NARROWLY BY ABOUT 100,000 VOTES IN BOTH STATES. TINUBU could not deliver massive votes for Buhari in the Entire SW. It was embarrassing.
Buhari only managed to win GEJ thanks to KANO, KATSINA and KADUNA. Where he massively floored GEJ. If not for Buhari's popularity in the North, he would have lost as he only narrowly won GEJ.

Please note that TINUBU had zero influence in the states that gave Buhari massive votes in 2015.

GEJ HAD PDP CRISIS AT THAT TIME HEADED BY OBASANJO WHO LEFT PDP. not tinubu.

North felt Yaradua did not finish his tenure and a northerner must continue not GEJ.

CHIBOK GIRLS kidnap also was a big factor that tarnished Gej as incompetent.

In all this Tinubu had almost no positive contribution that helped Buhari win.

He paid media and people to go online and start spreading the news that he was the master mind behind Buhari winning. Buhari had always been bigger than tinubu in national politics and the results are there for all to see. Tinubu could not even deliver for Buhari in 2015
God bless you op. Question I have always been asking.
They keep deceiving people, giving tinubu credit he does not deserve.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:
Don't worry. When it's time to look for who to blame for buhari's failure. You will remember Tinubu- that's when u start groaning that 'he forced this failure on us'

Just imagine a presidential aspirant meeting with the us foreign secretary. Which level buhari get to arrange such high level meeting.

But I agree with u guys that buhari owe Tinubu nothing.
Tinubu's selfishness got us to where we are today as a nation. He should be held fully responsible that failure in aso rock. He should not be rewarded with the presidency.
This meeting was set up by David Axelrod, the lobbyist paid by APC then to push the Buhari candidacy in the white House. That said, I don't see how that meeting influenced votes in Nigeria. I think such connection was to box Jonathan into a corner with international pressure should he ever try to reject or cancel the polls.
That's not to say Tinubu did not contribute to Buhari's victory but I agree with the op that it's been made larger and more critical than it actually is.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Niwdog(m): 9:02am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
oh that is so true. Atiku that never did well came very close to winning thanks to kwankwaso
the three heavy weight politicians northerners can boost of is
Buhari (cult fellowship)
Kwankwaso(cult fellowship)
Atiku(money fellowship)

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Help2020: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Bragalane:
Foolish igbos on NL keep opening endless thread on NL about tall Yoruba giant your fathers Azikwe Ekwueme Nzeribe Ojukwu etc couldn't stop their shine. Tinubu did not help Buhari yet he nominated the VP.
Nan them be this. Counter op argument with facts,insult is not needed here.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2022
Ojuntana:

This meeting was set up by David Axelrod, the lobbyist paid by APC then to push the Buhari candidacy in the white House. That said, I don't see how that meeting influenced votes in Nigeria. I think such connection was to box Jonathan into a corner with international pressure should he ever try to reject or cancel the polls.
That's not to say Tinubu did not contribute to Buhari's victory but I agree with the op that it's been made larger and more critical than it actually is.
when men who knows politics talk, I listen. Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by SIRTee15: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2022
Ojuntana:

David Axelrod was Obama social media handler for his campaign and was contacted by Timubu faction of APC to handle buhari social media campaign.
The strongest factor that got buhar into as rock was how he was rebranded as a reformist and a nationalist who has the best interest of Nigeria at heart. The social media was responsible for that.

International community already made up their mind that also rock needed a replacement and bought into the the buharis fake anti corruption rhetoric. Thanks to lobbyist like David Axelrod who sold buhari to them.
Us foreign office actually told Jonathan he was going to lose the election and shouldn't try anything funny or else he received the Gbagbo treatment.

Jonathan was trapped. He couldn't do what incumbent would have done when election odds wasn't going in their favour. He had to give up or else he risk a civil war.

Bigger things played significant roles in buhari emergence as president, and not your almajiri votes. Buhari won the north in 2007 and 2011 yet couldn't get the presidency.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Popesuccess(m): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2022
Is the Almajiri underage voters in the north west that have Buhari victory. Kwankwoso said it after the election

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by YeyeGbami: 9:20am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
it is time we retire tinubu. O to ge. Yes tinubu is very hated. Why should a man hold lagos state by the neck like that? I am yoruba and I dont like it

Hated by who? You know what lagos might have turned to if not for this man. I understand he bleeped up by supporting this present administration and that would cost him a lot.

I don’t hate him, infact he turned lagos to what it is today.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 9:22am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

David Axelrod was Obama social media handler for his campaign and was contacted by Timubu faction of APC to handle buhari social media campaign.
The strongest factor that got buhar into as rock was how he was rebranded as a reformist and a nationalist who has the best interest of Nigeria at heart. The social media was responsible for that.

International community already made up their mind that also rock need a replacement and bought into the the buharis take anti corruption rhetoric. Thanks to lobbyist like David Axelrod who sold buhari to them.
Us foreign office actually told Jonathan he was going to lose the election and shouldn't try anything funny or else he received the Gbagbo treatment.

Jonathan was trapped. He couldn't do what incumbent would have done when election odds wasn't going in their favour. He had to give up or else he risk a civil war.

Bigger things significant roles in buhari emergence as oresident, not your almajiri votes. Buhari won the north in 2007 and 2015 yet couldn't get the presidency.
where was tinubu I 2007 and 2015 why could he not win it for his party?

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 9:24am On Jun 01, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Hated by who? You know what lagos might have turned to if not for this man. I understand he bleeped up by supporting this present administration and that would cost him a lot.

I don’t hate him, infact he turned lagos to what it is today.
so you can see the future abi? You are 100% sure lagos could not have been better under funsho Williams or others that ran for governor? You guys go just dey talk nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by SIRTee15: 9:24am On Jun 01, 2022
Popesuccess:
Is the Almajiri underage voters in the north west that have Buhari victory. Kwankwoso said it after the election

Buhari won almajiri votes in 2007 and 2011. He won the whole north, yet didn't get the presidency.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

Buhari won almajiri votes in 2007 and 2015. He won the whole north, yet didn't get the presidency.
tinubu needed Buhari more than buhari needed him. At national level CPC was doing better than ACN by a large margin. Is it not the same almagiri votes that tinubu is looking for in the north?

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Popesuccess(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

Buhari won almajiri votes in 2007 and 2015. He won the whole north, yet didn't get the presidency.
I stay in kano, the number of underage voters in 2019 Is the highest in the history of election in the country. They succeeded in registring all the children from 10 years and above and they all voted. But we can't also forget the contribution other regions especially the south west
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Image123(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
Tinubu supporters have always acclaimed the political genius Tinubu is. How without Tinubu, Buhari can never become president, How tinubu ensured Buhari won.

How True is this.
To get the truth, we have to look at the facts, to get the facts we have to look at the records.

In 2007 Tinubu and Atiku aligned against Obasanjo and Yaradua. They spent money, played all their cards but still lost to Yaradua. Not only did they lose, Atiku came a distant 3rd.
Yaradua had 24.6 Million votes
BUHARI HAD 6 million votes
ATIKU WITH TINUBUS HELP ONLY HAD 2.6 million votes.
Buhari had 4million votes more than tinubu and atiku could get without spending the money tinubu and atiku spent

So tinubu proved to be a light weight in national politics in 2007.

Tinubu regroup again in 2011 with his ACN party and presented Nuhu Ribadu. How well did they do?
Jagaban was only able to get 2million votes where Buhari without the money and Media strategies of Mr. Tinubu got a whopping 12 million votes. JONATHAN WON WITH 22MILLION VOTES!

Again Tinubu failed woefully in 2011, he even got lesser votes than in 2007. But Buhari got double the votes he had in 2007. Showing that Buhari was getting more popular and stronger.

2015 was finally the year that projected tinubu to the status he hold till date. It is believed that tinubu helped Buhari win. BUT DID HE? Let us look at the results again.
LAGOS AND OSUN STATE ARE THE 2 STATES COMPLETELY UNDER TINUBU YET BUHARI ONLY WON NARROWLY BY ABOUT 100,000 VOTES IN BOTH STATES. TINUBU could not deliver massive votes for Buhari in the Entire SW. It was embarrassing.
Buhari only managed to win GEJ thanks to KANO, KATSINA and KADUNA. Where he massively floored GEJ. If not for Buhari's popularity in the North, he would have lost as he only narrowly won GEJ. This is also thanks to Kwankwaso as you can see how mu h kwankwaso helped Atiku in 2019 again. Proving kwankwaso is a bigger fish than tinubu in national politics always giving his candidates massive results.

Please note that TINUBU had zero influence in the states that gave Buhari massive votes in 2015.

GEJ HAD PDP CRISIS AT THAT TIME HEADED BY OBASANJO WHO LEFT PDP. not tinubu.

North felt Yaradua did not finish his tenure and a northerner must continue not GEJ.

CHIBOK GIRLS kidnap also was a big factor that tarnished Gej as incompetent.

In all this Tinubu had almost no positive contribution that helped Buhari win.

He paid media and people to go online and start spreading the news that he was the master mind behind Buhari winning. Buhari had always been bigger than tinubu in national politics and the results are there for all to see. Tinubu could not even deliver for Buhari in 2015

This mirrormirror wan die untop Tinubu matter lol. Save yourself this stress, except you're being well paid for it.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Image123(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
so you can see the future abi? You are 100% sure lagos could not have been better under funsho Williams or others that ran for governor? You guys go just dey talk nonsense.

Are you also sure, you that is asking another person. Work on what's on ground, not what would have been. Na so dem use what would have been sell Buhari to Nigeria.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Image123(m): 9:43am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
where was tinubu I 2007 and 2015 why could he not win it for his party?

Where was Atiku, he looks as poised to win it now as Tinubu.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by YeyeGbami: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:

E fit be nonsense to your hear, but na smart people fit see am.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by YeyeGbami: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2022
Image123:

Are you also sure, you that is asking another person. Work on what's on ground, not what would have been. Na so dem use what would have been sell Buhari to Nigeria.

Naso them leave good life opt for suffering, I'm surprised that they still no get sense till now.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by SIRTee15: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2022
HardMirror:
tinubu needed Buhari more than buhari needed him. At national level CPC was doing better than ACN by a large margin. Is it not the same almagiri bites that tinubu is looking for in the north?

The issue here is not who needs who more.
But who got buhari into also rock. And I can boldly tell u it wasn't almajiri or underage voters in your kano or sokoto. They couldn't get him the presidency in 2003, 2007 and 2011.
Timubu played a significant and vital role into getting him into that office. Buhari had the whole international community backing him. do u know what that means? Ask Barrow, the current Gambian president, he will tell u.
As I said, buhari owes tinubu nothing. When u dine with the devil, what do u expect. Reward to heaven? Tinubu is a joker. He should ask Alimi and solagberu their reward for helping Fulani. Yoruba leaders don't learn.
Tinubu is a selfish and greedy crook who deserves whatever comes his way.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

International community already made up their mind that also rock needed a replacement and bought into the the buharis fake anti corruption rhetoric. Thanks to lobbyist like David Axelrod who sold buhari to them.

Bigger things played significant roles in buhari emergence as president, and not your almajiri votes. Buhari won the north in 2007 and 2015 yet couldn't get the presidency.

I strongly disagree.

Axelrod could not have handled APC presidential social media campaign.

1. He was not a member of the APC so he couldn't have been a member of their campaign.
2. Axelrod is one of Obama's right hand men. He can be a consultant or adviser but to jump into the fray of handling social media with his own responsibilities in the Obama administration would be a step too low without any disrespect to the APC campaign team.
3. That problem of not being a democrat was not such a problem for Buhari here in Nigeria as much as it was in the international scene. Don't forget, Buhari gave a speech in Chatham House where he "took responsibility" for the 1983 coup and declared himself born again. Meanwhile here in Nigeria, he was being painted as the unsmiling General who stamped out corruption and dealt a heavy blow to the Maitatsine sect in the North East. Thus, there was a bigger need to sell buhari to the West as reformed than there was in Nigeria.

Obama's main issue with Jonathan was the anti-gay law he signed. Obama had hoped to use a soft landing for gay in Africa's largest country as a tool to show the gay movement could get a foothold in Africa. You can imagine how he would have viewed a Muslim buhari with antidemocratic antecedents if a Christian refused to sign that kind of law. So the job of Axelrod was to soften the ground for Buhari in the international scene not social media in Nigeria.

Again, there are no facts to prove it was Tinubu faction that contacted Axelrod. There were people in the APC with extensive contacts in the US lobby industry and it could have been any of them not necessarily Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2022
YeyeGbami:

I don’t hate him, infact he turned lagos to what it is today
How? Lagos actually made giant leaps under Fashola and not Tinubu
In fact, I can tell you fashola was the most popular governor of his time while Tinubu is not for his own time in office.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by Ojuntana: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

Buhari won almajiri votes in 2007 and 2011. He won the whole north, yet didn't get the presidency.
Buhari did not win the whole North in 2011 and 2007. Go and check your facts again. He wins in NW and NE while he usually lose NC. That changed in 2015

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by YeyeGbami: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Ojuntana:

How? Lagos actually made giant leaps under Fashola and not Tinubu
In fact, I can tell you fashola was the most popular governor of his time while Tinubu is not for his own time in office.

Not about just being popular, asiwaju was the mastermind behind fashola’s administration. And during asiwaju’s tenure he wasn’t just sitting around, he did more than enough.

The data and facts are out there, lagos is what it is today because of asiwaju. I know it could be better and it could also have been worse. I as a lagosian am proud of what APC has done in lagos state.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2022
Ojuntana:

Buhari did not win the whole North in 2011 and 2007. Go and check your facts again. He wins in NW and NE while he usually lose NC. That changed in 2015
thanks to kwankwaso not tinubu

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Win 2015 Election For Buhari Or It Is Just Propaganda? by HardMirror(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Naso them leave good life opt for suffering, I'm surprised that they still no get sense till now.
so says a man that wants us to vote tinubu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Not Lie For You – Ex Commissioner & Chief Of Staff, Tells Peter Obi / If Lagos Catches Fire Tonight, It’s Not Our Fault- LP Candidate, Rhodes-vivour / If Only Nigeria Could Be Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.