Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights (28595 Views)

Tribapay Is Still The Most Reliable For Dollar Cards Because Of Customer Care / Nigeria Takes Action Against Unregistered Online Money Lenders / Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by OscarDboss: 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nice one
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by adenigga(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
This Is a stale news. Haba! This news had been posted on nairaland as far back as February or so. Why the repetition?
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by fetcher36(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
Good riddance
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by sisisioge: 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nicey! More to go
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by pegix(m): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2022
Thunder punish Okash
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Mouthpis(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2022
Crazy folks. That's how they sent a friend's info and picture to me that he is a fraudster bla bla...

I threatened the idiot immediately there and then and promised to sue their sorry ass if they don't take that message down.

The mumu did not chat me again.

Imagine, the guy borrowed 10k, as at when they sent that chat to me, his total debt was #24,650.

An interest of #14,650 within a period that isn't up to 6months.

4 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Lovelife433(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
Especially that okash, their customers care are something else.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by effido666: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
Go and sit down.....don't borrow again.....if u cant b patient enough wit borrowers
SIMONEKPA7:
Relief to debtor's... Normally Nigerians don't like paying debt.
Why borrow when you can't pay.
Make I see who go de borrow nna urgent 2k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by nedekid: 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
Exactly my thoughts.
All man to the trenches, you need loan, you ask family as friends don't give again. Besides lots of Nigerians will see they can do without such loans with high interest rates. Ie if it is garri one has, soak it with small water let is swell, then swallow it without, than to take quick 10k loan(one wount pay) to cook soup to eat the garri.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by SIMONEKPA7: 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
effido666:
Go and sit down.....don't borrow again.....if u cant b patient enough wit borrowers
Patient! I hope you know they are in business. The terms and conditions were clearly stated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by ThePlugg(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
So who go borrow us money again??
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Abfinest007(m): 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
Fake news bcuz sokoloan was sometime this year ban so what happened
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by thatigboman1: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
my problem is not with the loan companies or the debtors. My problem is the loan company calling me and harassing me, saying the person I suretied and threatening to report me to credit rating companies. Suretied when how? Do they have any document with them that i signed saying im suretying anyone? One of the calls was even about someone i didnt even know, whose name or number isnt on my contact list.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by lolu2019: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
Channah1:
They are springing into action for what?

Where were they when these loan companies were helping people during the pandemic?

If they had done something or come to the aid of people when they needed financial assistance, these loan companies wouldn't have thrived and no body would have minded them. But now they are harassing those who even offered to help and saved majority from dying of hunger that period.

Mumu action. Not like they have the interest of the people at heart. They are only after personal gains. Shior!
u get sense bro.thank u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by bende7t: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
They borrow people money without collateral nor with the knowledge of the borrowers ability to pay back. And then put ridiculous interest rate, which must most times be paid back under one week.
Both borrower and lender has the fault if any one defaults

4 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Sirafoy: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
Stop taking loans from the loan apps. It might look as if they are helping but reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by thatigboman1: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
nedekid:

Exactly my thoughts.
All man to the trenches, you need loan, you ask family as friends don't give again. Besides lots of Nigerians will see they can do without such loans with high interest rates. Ie if it is garri one has, soak it with small water let is swell, then swallow it without, than to take quick 10k loan(one wount pay) to cook soup to eat the garri.
but that issue should be between the loan company and their debtor, not me. Why call me and say im the surety, how? Did I even know that anyone borrowed money? Did i sign any document suretying anyone? Why harassing me for something I know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Invitationn: 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
FuckAllTheMODs:
Debtors will be happy now.

Tho they(online lenders) can be annoying with the way they disturb their debtor's contacts which is wrong, but people should learn to respect agreements and pay back their loans.
Mixed feelings.
Who go borrow them money now?

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by obembet(f): 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
MrMcJay:
Throwback news. Recovery is a big issue for these loan apps.

They won't even get the money back... I keep saying it... U can't call my relatives or send my tag me as criminal and still expect me to pay that money... Except u will send messages back to them that it's was a mistake

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Offpoint1: 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
Okash na bastrd dem be, my due date falls on sunday and salary was to be paid on Monday..... I call those guys 2 days to explained to them I'll be defaulting for a day.... You can Imagine the insults I received from the useless idiotic lady that picked up.

Werey said " Nothing concerns her, I MUST PAY on that day.... or I should make a commitment by paying half" I told her I can't pay half of the money, precisely I don't have such amount untill Monday..... next thing the useless idiot said was "Are you that broke that you can't afford 10k and you're a man?"............ I was like give me your office address, I will need to come punch you in the face and re-arrange your jaws..... I ended the call.

9 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Jmichael1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Truth be told,these loans app hv been so nice to me,jst dat their interest is so high.

imagine u gave sum1 20k to paybk 36k in 7days time,haba...were do u expect the person to get such money from with in a week?
i'm currently oweing 3 loans apps,bt i promise to pay bk if i finaly bcum a politician or a delegate to either APC or PDP,bcus i'm tired of paying them with the small money i make 4rm my dating/binary work....
i hv used almost 320k to pay loans jst dis year,i'm nt paying again..

they hv called me several times and i told them same tin..

7 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by lesbiconverter: 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Lemme take a large loan from the mentioned apps before they clamp them down

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by obembet(f): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
FuckAllTheMODs:

Tho they(online lenders) can be annoying with the way they disturb their debtor's contacts which is wrong, but people should learn to respect agreements and pay back their loans .

Most genuine loan company including bank only increase the interest not to tanish your image 24hrs after deadlines
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Jmichael1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
bende7t:
They borrow people money without collateral nor with the knowledge of the borrowers ability to pay back. And then put ridiculous interest rate, which must most times be paid back under one week.
Both borrower and lender has the fault if any one defaults

may your days be long sir.....

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by nedekid: 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
thatigboman1:
but that issue should be between the loan company and their debtor, not me. Why call me and say im the surety, how? Did I even know that anyone borrowed money? Did i sign any document suretying anyone? Why harassing me for something I know nothing about.
Thats true. They really harrased me with calls from people I did not even know.
Possibly from my phone number saved on their clients phones.
I told one not to call me again or I will sue, she kept quite for a whole, then said " I will call you! ", and cut the phone. Me I did not know when I busted into laughter!

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Jmichael1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
lesbiconverter:
Lemme take a large loan from the mentioned apps before they clamp them down

sumtin hooge is cuming ur way sir...

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by eskorelvis: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Offpoint1:
Okash na bastrd dem be
Why? Dey don't harass customers do dey?
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by AbujaCitiBlog: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
Channah1:
They are springing into action for what?

Where were they when these loan companies were helping people during the pandemic?

If they had done something or come to the aid of people when they needed financial assistance, these loan companies wouldn't have thrived and no body would have minded them. But now they are harassing those who even offered to help and saved majority from dying of hunger that period.

Mumu action. Not like they have the interest of the people at heart. They are only after personal gains. Shior!
My friend keep quiet. Did you see the issues raised?

1. The so called loan companies are not registered to do business in Nigeria. So they don't pay taxes.

2. They do not even have licence to operate.

3. Infringement on people's rights.

4. These are criminal organisations stealing money from Nigerians by charging ridiculous interest rates. There are laws that guide these companies. They don't obey any of those laws. They have become a law to themselves.

T
They should all be arrested and shut down.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Offpoint1: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
eskorelvis:

Why? Dey don't harass customers do dey?
I don update my comment... read wetin dem do
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by chrizzyace: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2022
NwaEzefuNaMba:

https://www.thecable.ng/sokoloan-okash-fg-cracks-down-on-digital-lenders-over-customer-privacy-violation/amp

See that Sokoloan!! I knew my curse on them will never go in vain. Very foolish and useless money lender.

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Offpoint1: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
FuckAllTheMODs:

Tho they(online lenders) can be annoying with the way they disturb their debtor's contacts which is wrong, but people should learn to respect agreements and pay back their loans.
If person owe you money. disturb dey person... why you go go dey disurb other people wey nothing concern dem? image threatening me if I don't tell my client to pay his loan they will post my contacts and picture online as..............

what nonsense is that?
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights by Olabode211: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
na this cityboy they sponsor them jare.my go and borrow vawulence in jesus name...amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Online Businesses You Can Start With Low Budget Even If You Are Broke / Why Dangote’s Failed Paste Factory Should Give Buhari More Headache Than Dangote / Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.