Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest (24849 Views)

Photos Of Salah, Mane And Aubameyang With Their Golden Boots Awards / Salah, Mane And Aubameyang Share The Golden Boots Awards With 22 Goals Each / Salah, Mane And Aubameyang Are The Top Goal Scorers In The EPL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by CoolAmbience(m): 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
Harmskion:
shutup bozo
Kanu over jay jay go knack your head for wall

I no blame you sha...wetin una dey take these days no be small.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by darediamond(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
DamianX:

They said African players not Ibandan players

But wait ooo.....

I don't even know what to say I again....

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Laugh Wan burst my belle....

U know the guy before?

U for add "keep shut, they said IBADAN players......"
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
CoolAmbience:

I no blame my papa nd mama sha...wetin dem dey take these days no be small.

thank God say you know
seek help for them before their head go knock
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Slimwhyt(m): 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
ogoloray:
Can't blame him... It's no surprise when mediocrity chooses mediocrity!

Whc kind dust u dey yarn like diz?
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Biafranodogwu55: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
DMerciful:
Salah is greater than Okocha.

Sentiments means nothing in this case, trophies and contribution to getting those trophies matters!
Na dem

kidneypool fansundecided
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by NonsoNna(m): 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
And he forget to mention our own papilo
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by princewarri1985: 2:58am On Jun 03, 2022
fergie001:
Ahmed Hossam Mido, the former star of the Egyptian national team, believes that the Egyptian star Mohamed Salah, the Liverpool winger and Captain of the Egyptian National team, does not deserve to be among his short list of the best five players in the history of the African continent.

Salah and Mane are widely regarded as two of the world’s finest forwards at the moment and seemingly already have a place among the continent’s best in history.

Mido said through his official twitter account.

Who are the best five players in your opinion, he wrote.

he is right but including himself on the list is a no no for me. up till date am still wondering why okocha never won africa player of the year award, i suspect village people
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by fergie001: 3:19am On Jun 03, 2022
princewarri1985:
he is right but including himself on the list is a no no for me. up till date am still wondering why okocha never won africa player of the year award, i suspect village people
He didn't include himself.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Audemars: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2022
DMerciful:

Sentiments means nothing in this case, trophies and contribution to getting those trophies matters!
we are talking about football not trophies
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Wizywiz(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2022
Ximenez:

Lol
Really?
Toure redefined what it meant to be a goal scoring midfielder with 62 goals.
Then i guess Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and co were basketballers.

You've listed his achievements, but if i start listing Drogba's own, I'll end up typing too much.
Toure is good on his own, but attacking players will always have an edge during comaparisms and stats.
he has listed Some of Toure's achievement..oga pls can you kindly list drogba's achievement make I see how drobga take win or get record pass toure.... grin I am challenging you to list and compare drogba's achievement and awards and trophies compared to Toure's!!!! Oya start
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Kingcalls: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2022
damosky12:

With this logic, Obi Mikel is greater than Gerard. He has more trophies than him. Or Samuel Eto is greater than De Lima Ronaldo in club football. Or Giroud is greater than Harry Kane.

Trophies are won by teams. Individual skills, stats, abilities are how you rate individual players.

Salah and co are skillful anyway. I just said this to correct that error of rating individual players by team's trophies...

Some of u dont even think smart b4 posting ... cant u see salah and manes contribution on the pitch ... without them , Liverpool will not have been this dominant... without Mikel Chelsea for still perform ...
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by damosky12(m): 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingcalls:

Some of u dont even think smart b4 posting ... cant u see salah and manes contribution on the pitch ... without them , Liverpool will not have been this dominant... without Mikel Chelsea for still perform ...

Is it impossible to make a point without insulting? Some of those you address here are your elderly one's age mates. There are people on this forum old enough to be your parents.

Argue if you would. You don't have to lace it with insultive undertones.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Kingcalls: 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
damosky12:

Is it impossible to make a point without insulting? Some of those you address here are your elderly one's age mates. There are people on this forum old enough to be your parents.

Argue if you would. You don't have to lace it with insultive undertones.

So what makes u think I'm not older than the so called elders
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by damosky12(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingcalls:

So what makes u think I'm not older than the so called elders

Just don't talk to anyone anyhow... Not everyone here is your age-mate...
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Kingcalls: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
damosky12:

Just don't talk to anyone anyhow... Not everyone here is your age-mate...

Close mouth...do u think u are my age mate ?? Look at u ... go and park ..
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by damosky12(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingcalls:

Close mouth...do u think u are my age mate ?? Look at u ... go and park ..

Child wey them no train for house. Na outsiders go clear him doubt.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Ximenez(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
Wizywiz:
he has listed Some of Toure's achievement..oga pls can you kindly list drogba's achievement make I see how drobga take win or get record pass toure.... grin I am challenging you to list and compare drogba's achievement and awards and trophies compared to Toure's!!!! Oya start
It's not necessary.
He even claimed Drogba was not prolific, but he won two golden boots.
The only edge Toure have over Drogba is winning African footballer of the year 4 times to Drogba's two, mainly because Drogba was competing with Etoo and kanoute at his peak while Toure was competing with Mikel obi and co.

Drogba has more trophies, more goals obviously(177), Also won the ucl top scorer. especially scoring nine goals in ten cup finals.

Drogba is even an hall of fame member in the premier league and Toure is not.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Ximenez(m): 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
Audemars:
we are talking about football not trophies
So how can you win trophies without playing football?
If Drogba had not equalised for Chelsea in the 88th minute in 2012, do you think Chelsea would have won the ucl then?
Some players have the skills and mentality to drag their teams over the line in crucial moments.
Drogba only scored 177 times for Chelsea, but most of those goals were important goals, including 9 goals in 10 cup finals.

But some players just flop and hide in big games/ finals but don't mind scoring in other games of less pressure. E.g Harry Kane.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Wizywiz(m): 12:19am On Jun 04, 2022
Ximenez:

It's not necessary.
He even claimed Drogba was not prolific, but he won two golden boots.
The only edge Toure have over Drogba is winning African footballer of the year 4 times to Drogba's two, mainly because Drogba was competing with Etoo and kanoute at his peak while Toure was competing with Mikel obi and co.

Drogba has more trophies, more goals obviously(177), Also won the ucl top scorer. especially scoring nine goals in ten cup finals.

Drogba is even an hall of fame member in the premier league and Toure is not.
I will disagree with some points u put up ooo....

First Yaya won 16 trophies as against Drogba's 10

Yaya won more African footballer more than drogba ( don't tell me drogba competed with Eto and kanoute because Yaya competed with the best too)

Yaya won the Afcon with Ivory coast which deluded Drogba.... grin

Aside golden boot and career goals score which of course explains the fact that drogba was an Attacker grin..

As much as I respect Drogba bro I Heartily respect and cherish Yaya grin
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Ximenez(m): 8:28am On Jun 04, 2022
Wizywiz:
I will disagree with some points u put up ooo....

First Yaya won 16 trophies as against Drogba's 10

Yaya won more African footballer more than drogba ( don't tell me drogba competed with Eto and kanoute because Yaya competed with the best too)

Yaya won the Afcon with Ivory coast which deluded Drogba.... grin

Aside golden boot and career goals score which of course explains the fact that drogba was an Attacker grin..

As much as I respect Drogba bro I Heartily respect and cherish Yaya grin

Go and check well.
Toure had 17
Drogba had 19.
EPL, FA cup and carling cup alone =11
Talkless of UCL, community shields and his trophies with Galatasaray and other clubs.

A member of UEFA team of the year in 2007, dominated by AC Milan and Liverpool greats,
FiFA/FIFApro world 11, Man of the the match winner in a UCL final.
Cote divoire all time top scorer.
Drogba won far more personal honours than Toure,

Not just goals, important goals, that's why i said he scored 9 goals in 10 finals.
He made UEFA team of the season several times and was even top scorer in UCL once.

Toure won those CAF awards competing with Mikel mostly, we all know he wouldn't have won it 4x in a row competing with the likes of Drogba and Etoo in their prime.

Lastly, Drogba is in the premier league hall of fame, that should tell you something.
You might be a Toure fan, and i think he was a decent player too.
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by EgusiShankly: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
fergie001:

geestunnar andrewfarms ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost lamasta chikason22 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine numerouno94 silentgroper vickyrotex mangekyoalt paulolee Ojeemah Playmaker1 egusishankly athemisia ojuntana vicdom

grin grin
He's correct na grin
Salah has not done anything to deserve been labelled African greatest. grin
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Angelfrost(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
EgusiShankly:
He's correct na grin
Salah has not done anything to deserve been labelled African greatest. grin

I know Salah never reach the level of Weah and E'too... But, what do you mean by 'Salah has not done anything...'?!!

Kyase, Shankly is trying to provoke us this evening! undecided

Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by EgusiShankly: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

I know Salah never reach the level of Weah and E'too... But, what do you mean by 'Salah has not done anything...'?!!

Hahaha grin
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Kyase(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

grin grin
Calm down
Me don already dey vex like that
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by vicdom(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
fergie001:

geestunnar andrewfarms ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost lamasta chikason22 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine numerouno94 silentgroper vickyrotex mangekyoalt paulolee Ojeemah Playmaker1 egusishankly athemisia ojuntana vicdom

grin grin
Kai!! I feel for Mo'h Salah, most especially. That guy deserves to be there embarassed
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2022
DMerciful:

Yeah. Reason why Dani Alves is greater than Maradona. You know, trophies and contribution blah blah. The advent of CR7 has really warped the football world's perception on players (this "who scores more is the better player" and "he has won more trophies" crap).
Re: Ahmed Hossam Mido Snubs Salah, Mane; Names Okocha, 4 Others As Africa's Greatest by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2022
MrAnele:
Here are my top five

Eboue
Ayew
Patrick Mboma
Aiyegbeni
Tshabalalaf

You forgot to add Dahiru Sadi and Sibusiso fucking Zuma to your list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lots Of Countries Want Me - Keshi / Real Madrid Sign Camavinga On Six Year Deal / 7 Liverpool Players Named In 30-Man Ballon d'Or Shortlist [See Full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.