Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria (517 Views)

Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Does A Canadian Citizen Need A Visa To Visit Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria by Snakedoctor1: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
I don't know if anyone else faces similar situation.

A couple of white friends that have the opportunity of visiting Nigeria, tactically avoid seeing me.
First, my girlfriend way back in graduate school, said she was advised not to tell anyone she knows in Nigeria about her visit except close relations until she leaves. It's an official security directive. She spent 3 days in Lagos and only buzzed me when she was almost airborne back to Europe.

A former colleague on a project in east Africa, just came for a conference which I even helped her for logistics and minor researches. She didn't tell me the date she would be coming and when the conference is fixed until today, the day the conference is holding. They had finished and for some security reasons, visitors are restricted from the venue according to her. When I requested to visit thereafter, she was so sorry but that her flight is first thing tomorrow morning.

Another guy had left Lagos when he chatted me on WhatsApp that he was in Lagos for 2 days

Is the security situation here that bad? I am sure it's not me. What is your experience.
Re: White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria by Perfectnumber6(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Purely security reasons bro

1 Like

Re: White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria by meobizy(f): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
With oyibo na me dey cut them off first. They are very fast to move on in addition to them always quick to get scared in any situation.

Follow my guide; if we see each other physically i.e. we can smell each other’s breath when we speak (this removes the option of FaceTime and other video calling options) then we can meet up from time to time. If we don’t have the option of seeing physically after the duration of a month (coming back home for good), it is safe to delete their contacts because they mean nothing to your life.

Try to return their way and see if they’ll come over for a visit. Your tenure don end long ago for their lives.

1 Like

Re: White friends avoid me when they visit Nigeria by 79733139(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
If we are talking about the safety of non-black foreigners travelling or moving within Nigeria, then Nigeria is NOT a safe place. It is likely not about you but the country in which you live.

(1) (Reply)

Shengen Visa / The Best Visa Free Countries For Nigerians Going On A Vacation / Best Airports Of 2022 - Skytrax Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.