Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Usb Continues To Disconnect - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Usb Continues To Disconnect (4432 Views)

Pls Help!!! My Computer Wifi Always Disconnect Every 3mins / How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? / Airtel Nigeria To Disconnect Non Bb Users Who Uses Bb Plans On Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usb Continues To Disconnect by phemmy008(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hello guys, I'm having a problem with my usb ports, I discovered that it started disconnecting me when am already connected with glo modem and flash, this makes it very difficult for me to browse since it started, what should I do to rectify this fault? Please come to my aid, It works perfectly on my pc, Thanks
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by vitality22(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
put it off for some hours and then on it again
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by lifestyle1(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2011
Uninstall n Reinstall,
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by deji2009(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
phemmy008:

Hello guys, I'm having a problem with my usb ports, I discovered that it started disconnecting me when am already connected with glo modem and flash, this makes it very difficult for me to browse since it started, what should I do to rectify this fault? Please come to my aid, It works perfectly on my pc, Thanks

Always mention make and model of computer and operating system type. for example HP 530 Windows Vista

Click start, run, and type in devmgmt.msc press enter then look for universal serial Bus Controllers

click the + sign Underneath right cklick on every single one's and click properties

and look for power management read the information remove the tick click ok restart your Laptop/PC then test.

Please help leave a comment on my facebook my searching for Deji Sunday regardless of the outcome

Good luck
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by COMPAQ(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2011
It might just mean the Glo signal is very poor where you are. I had the same experience, my glo connection would break like 2-3 times a minute or sometimes every 2-3minutes. It made browsing very frustrating. Eventually, I unlocked it, put a MTN sim in it and found that MTN in my area hives me full bar 3G/WCDMA/HSDPA. The rest is history. With MTN, I can be connected for hours non stop without any disconnection.
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by phpGATE: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2011
Glo modem would not disconnect if there is an application on your computer that requires a persistent connection to the internet, if not just open the command prompt and ping any web address persitently, like this : ping google.com -tBehold it will never disconnect any longer as long as the command prompt is left doing the ping thing!
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by here: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
1.do you experience same with another usb device like mouse,if yes,download your driver from your brands site (eg hp.com) and re-install
2.also confirm if you have a pc suite installed,uninstall
3. open ur browser and remove any proxy
, if you try the above and do not have it fixed, get back to us with what you have,someone might have an answer for you
Re: Usb Continues To Disconnect by graphicicon(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2015
I have dell laptop computer which is running on window 7 ultimate 64bits, my etisalat huawei usb modem disconnect frequently even when am browsing or downloading a file that need persistant internet connection, and it does that in every 10 mins or 12 mins, and it was working normal before, and remember i have a strong internet service in my area.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can I Play Ps3/ps4 Games On Laptop? / "installation Failed" D:\i386\asms / Windows Vs Mac Vs Linux: The Pros And Cons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.