Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) (1749 Views)

One guaranteed way to make frontpage on Nairaland / Which Statement Dey Vex You Pass On Nairaland? / I Dey Vex Ooo, I Need Una Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2007
we all talk about

i hate this,in this person

am not feeling this,this not cool by me.

Stop

lets make it official now list the things Guaranteed

to gross you in the opposite gender.

N.B personality attacks is welcomed(am quite sure i need not say this) grin

*********************bring the Filth on********************
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 10:17am On Aug 10, 2007
Obnoxious self serving women
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2007
You realize you have opened a floodgate, don't you, airblaze? shocked
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
its disappointing

i thought there would tidal waves

but there is barely a ripple angry
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by Mandora(f): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
[/quote]Obnoxious self serving women[quote]

Pray tell wat mean by dat?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2007
Men who generalize, i.e all women like this or all women do that. Some Abuja guys who think that every singke working class woman is desperate for marriage, they come and start the you are a big girl line. next thing they are asking for money for some kind of business.
Howver, i like Nigerian men because most of them are hardworking , loving, caring and Manly.
Naija for Life
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2007
Mandora:

Pray tell what mean by that?

obnoxious

1. highly objectionable or offensive; odious: obnoxious behavior.
2. annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat.
3. Archaic. exposed or liable to harm, evil, or anything objectionable.
4. Obsolete. liable to punishment or censure; reprehensible

pick your choice ,

self serving
–adjective

1. preoccupied with one's own interests, often disregarding the truth or the interests, well-being, etc., of others.

2. serving to further one's own selfish interests.

guess that explains it

or

would you rather hear it

in my own words?

just add both meanings together and you would get my drift.kapish?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2007
awww

no takers?

i was really hoping ,
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2007
OK, ariblaze, I'll make a post, but I'm not really sure it's what you're looking for.

What I find wholly, categorically, completely and entirely repulsive in the opposite gender (or anybody, for that matter) is selfishness. Those who think that the world revolves around them make me physically ill.

How's that? Not exactly what you're looking for? undecided
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by iice(f): 3:04am On Aug 13, 2007
dense people!  They irritate me!
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2007
@drrionelli

you darn right thats not what am looking especially from you,

so come back and do MEGA justice to this.

hmm he thinks 'where is kobe, he would do just right about now'
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2007
Sorry to be of such grievous disappointment, ariblaze.   sad

Could I ask you to be a little more specific?  Maybe that will help me to provide a reply that's more consistent with that which you seek.

Also, may I ask for a translation of "wetin dey vex you for another person"?  I regret that my knowledge of Pidgin is woefully inadequate (but I'm trying to work on it).  Perhaps that, too will help.
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2007
hmm i accept your apology even the unspoken one(the fact you dont understand pidgin grin)

you want specifics huh

sorry you aint getting any. grin

i want everyone's translation to this, cept of course i have double standards with regards to you,(i dont like that your translation) grin

[/i]wetin dey vex you for another person[i] means what annoys you with specific regards to the opposite gender,

you are allowed to cite examples but i guess i should give you a break by waiving that right(but if you dont want the right waived be my guest wink)
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2007
still no takers
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2007
wetin dey vex you for another person means what annoys you with specific regards to the opposite gender,

OK, how about ladies who wear too much makeup?  (See?  I even spared readers of this the "big words!"wink
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2007
your statement was quite definate

you said 'how about about ladies who wear too much makeup?

note:the question mark behind that signifies its a question and not a statement

so when will you make a statement?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2007
Well, my friend, I made a "declarative statement" (see reply #cool but it seemed to be unacceptable to you.  For that reason, I made what we shall call an "interrogative statement" in respect to ladies who wear cosmetics to excess. 

In so doing, I have answered the question, and left my answer open for you to accept or not, depending upon your wishes!
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2007
all that oyinbo was designed to confuse me grin

make a statement

and so should everyother person here
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2007
"Oyinbo"? 

This word, my friend, is unfamiliar to me.  But I am more than willing to expand my vocabulary should you care to define it for me!   grin
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2007
oyinbo's direct translation would be white Man

but in this it simply means english wink
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
Ah, I have learned another word to add to my vocabulary! Thank you!

Now please tell me this: What language is "oyinbo"? Also, was your reference to my "oyinbo" an insult, a good-natured teasing or just a colloquialism of the language?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
what reason do i have to insult you

that was just good natured teasing,

what i meant was, i would like you

to be definative with your answer with regards to the post,

and i felt you were skirting the issue grin

thus the tease

oyinbo=is a yoruba word
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2007
Truly, sir, I meant no offense.  My apologies if my question was construed as such.  I should have known better.  Indeed, I have greatly enjoyed our exchanges here, and trust to continue to do so!

I asked the question because it reminds me of the Mexican usage of the term "gringo" which is used disparagingly towards some Americans who don't speak Spanish.  "Gringo" actually means "Greek" meaning that the English spoken by Americans was wildly unintelligible to Mexican ears. 

So, to make a long story short, I was hoping that the word was used good-naturedly, and your reply verifies that it was.   I'd like to use the word myself, without fear of compromising the sensibilities of those who might hear it. 

Alas, as I'm sure you've observed, I'm afraid that I neither speak nor read Yoruba, but I'm more than willing to become familiar with the language!   

By the way, is the word pronounced like it's spelled (i.e., oh-YINN-boh)?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2007
na its

O yIH Bo

dont worry we good grin
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2007
So the "n" is silent? Emphasis is on the second syllable?
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol,

i dunno grin
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by Mandora(f): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2007
[/quote]obnoxious

2. annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat. 

pick your choice ,

self serving
–adjective

1. preoccupied with one's own interests, often disregarding the truth or the interests, well-being, etc., of others. 

guess that explains it

or

would you rather hear it

in my own words?

just add both meanings together and you would get my drift.kapish?obnoxious

pick your choice ,

self serving
–adjective

guess that explains it

or

would you rather hear it

in my own words?

just add both meanings together and you would get my drift.kapish?[quote]

I think u speak 2 much grammar 4 ur own comfort
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2007
am keeping mum grin

on second thot

are u saying i am saying all this

at my discomfort angry
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by Mandora(f): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2007
Well hello r u tryin 2 makin me blive dat copyin out d dictionary meanin of dat word was not just a little uncomfortable? Perhaps a synonym wld have suffice or better still a very brief descriptn. Dis is not a literature class n dictionaries r not lackin where I come 4rm so if I wanted d dictionary meanin i wld have availed my self of it. Besides if u had paid just a little more attention u may have noticed dat my 1st rejoinder was more or less driping of sarcasm
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
it seems someone isnt a good mood today

u could have availed yourself of the Dico,before asking

afterall ask and you shall receive wink

P.s copying out the dictionary meaning wasnt.

it was 2clicks away grin
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by ariblaze(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2007
@mandora

please answer the post

quit challenging me

i give up
Re: The One Guaranteed Gender Grossout(wetin dey vex you for another person) by drrionelli(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ariblaze and mandora:
All right, now!  You kids play nice, OK?

Shake hands and be friends! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

To My Fellows Family Members In The Joke Section / Girls, Do You Get Annoyed When Guys Stare At You? / Whom Would You Choose As Your Next Of Kin? Wife, Husband Or Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.