Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,017 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors (36275 Views)

Meet Five Governors Who Allegedly Govern From Outside Their States / Coronavirus: FG Blocks Five Governors From Flying Out Of Nigeria / President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by tunapawizzy: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
heydays:
Asiwaju is not making it easy for the VP at all. I wonder how he is going to cross the several hurdles ahead of him. It is definitely going to be a long dreary and tortuous walk especially as the Muslims in the south west are reluctant to align with him, in deference to BAT.

i am not sure religion will play so so so much of a big role in South West politics, the south west will align with the VP if he gets picked, anyone that wants to work against him will do it underground.......except the person leaves APC which is political suicide

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Onarabu: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Quiny32323:

As it stands,popularity no matter, tinubu should decamp with his men to another party. Apc dont want him and they are ready to kill his life ambition so the only way to keep the flame up is to decamp.
Decamp to a regional party? SDP! Political suicide ni yen
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by ruggedtimi(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
tinsel:
Only 5 governors
5 governors that matters....except ganduje that was in calabar..
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Tareq1105: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu was in Oyo and Ogun state today to meet party delegates and three incumbent governors (Lagos, Kano and Osun) and the candidate of APC in Katsina were with him. The former governors of Bornu and Nasarawa states have also been following him around. I may be wrong but I think Tinubu is the only aspirant in APC with incumbent governors and former governors on his campaign train. Says a lot about his popularity and acceptability.

Tinubu is a kingmaker and cannot be crowned. He's wasting his money and time.
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Clinton14(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
jaxxy:

most of them have. Amachi, lawan, even fayemi, an ex governor will have ex governors and current governors in their train. its normal. Doesn't speak anything.

osibanjo works with all current governors.

How many governor's are following the people you mentioned?If Tinubu is schemed out,that's the end of APAC except they find a way to pacify him.Remember this statement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu was in Oyo and Ogun state today to meet party delegates and three incumbent governors (Lagos, Kano and Osun) and the candidate of APC in Katsina were with him. The former governors of Bornu and Nasarawa states have also been following him around. I may be wrong but I think Tinubu is the only aspirant in APC with incumbent governors and former governors on his campaign train. Says a lot about his popularity and acceptability.
if APC wants to lose to PDP Atiku they should pick tinubu... I can see some of u beating your chest already thinking tinubu ll stroll over Atiku but e go shock una sha...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by MikoB: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
Indispensable85:

You don't know anything. Go and watch the clip of teslim folarin today during Tinubu's visit to Oyo. That's the same person you claim is for Osinbajo. You lack political knowledge.

So that is how you guys just abandoned adelabu pekelemes? Anyway Folarin is 100% Osinbajo, I don't have time for your argument, I have told you even Osinbajo is a Batist if that will make you happy,all these arguments are not necessary again, we have moved on to another level,you should continue to console yourself, the reality is here,our focus now is the general election.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by CoolAmbience(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
adioolayi:
Why is APC Chairman appearing to be partisan

I think the umpire shouldn't be seen with any competitor grin grin..

O wrong now.. grin

Lol.

Chairman of a party being partisan?

Wetin come be the meaning of partisanship?

He is human, and certainly has his preferred candidate.

Besides, they all belong to the APC and could meet in the interest of the party.

We can't claim to know the agenda of the meeting.
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Tareq1105: 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
tunapawizzy:

i am not sure religion will play so so so much of a big role in South West politics, the south west will align with the VP if he gets picked, anyone that wants to work against him will do it underground.......except the person leaves APC which is political suicide

If the VP is picked, Tinubu would have to work with him. Failure to work with him is political suicide for him and south west. I'm not aware of anyone that became Nigeria president by force. Tinubu doesn't know that majority of Nigerians prefer Osinbajo to him.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
mannobi:
In all sincerity, Osinbajo should have save himself from this desperate move by going home after office. There is no way on earth he can match atiku.
Let the one with diehard loyalists slug it out with atiku.
I see an end to apc should they field prof. He is the vp but doesn't have the party acceptability like tinubu
did Jonathan not beat Atiku in 2011 primaries and buhari in general elections... Why do u guys suddenly think an intelligent cerebral osinbajo can't win atiku... ?

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Oracleforce: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Baba Buhari don dey stylishly handing over the mantle of leadership to star-boy...

By the grace of God, you shall be sworn in as the president.

we dey here and on all social media platforms...

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Bitchiamjay(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
mannobi:
In all sincerity, Osinbajo should have save himself from this desperate move by going home after office. There is no way on earth he can match atiku.
I see an end to apc should they field prof. He is the vp but doesn't have the party acceptability like tinubu

2022 and you still believe in free and fair election, it’s either you’re still a kid or you don’t shvt about Nigerian politics. Buhari is picking a successor not a party candidate. If Buhari picks portable to succeed him, trust me you go see portable for Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by zicoraads: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
slimmoney:
same Buhari that all his political associates that contested the primary lost the ticket in their respective states?
Lol, the president has said it, he allowed them to do their bidding and he didn't interfer, but he intends to do so now.

Like he did when he stepped in and installed a Chairman. He will also do the same thing.

You think the president won't be able to push through someone he wants? cheesy

His associates lost because he didn't care, nor lift a finger for them. Same way he does for a lot of things.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Indispensable85(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
MikoB:

So that is how you guys just abandoned adelabu pekelemes? Anyway Folarin is 100% Osinbajo, I don't have time for your argument, I have told you even Osinbajo is a Batist if that will make you happy,all these arguments are not necessary again, we have moved on to another level,you should continue to console yourself, the reality is here,our focus now is the general election.

Continue to console yourself. The reason you guys are begging for consensus is because Osinbajo can't stand Tinubu in the APC presidential primary.

Adelabu is now an Accord member.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Oracleforce: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Clinton14:

How many governors are following the people you mentioned?If Tinubu is schemed out,that's the end of APAC except they find a way to pacify him.Remember this statement.

if Tinubu is schemed out, it will be tough for APC to win PDP. however, with the power of incumbency, APC will still win PDP.

The Southwest vote will be shared...The northern vote will be split...The majority of the southeast votes will go to Peter Obituary....

and south-south votes might also be split along party line...
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by slimmoney(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
was ambode primary free and fair? if yes, Buhari can also indicate his preferred candidate and the election must be free and fair, no consensus candidate.
PrincessofDSS:
Dear Tinubu fanbase, it’s not the South Easterners that’s the problem of Tinubu

It’s Tinubu that is his own problems. Do you still remember the Tinubu and Ambode saga..? Remember that it went on to the extent that Buhari made an appeal to Tinubu to allow Ambode go for second tenure but he refused and turned Buhari down.

He (Tinubu) showed himself to be very powerful even to the extent of turning an incumbent President’s request down even when he (Tinubu) has not been given power.

These are the the worries of the President and the cabal, they fear that if handed over power he will be outta this world

Buhari hasn't forgiven him for turning his appeals for Ambode down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Corporate2020: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
yinkus6750:
PMB has stated his stand
It must !e a consensus candidate.
Else he will choose his annointed candidate
And that will be dying minute at the convention ground.
Wahala be like wetin ?

Tinubu will disgrace him. Tinubu grew up in the midst of betrayers and traitors, and he florishes in the midst of Judases.

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Samakus(m): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
seunmsg:

One single phone call from Buhari to these Governors changes everything. Don't underestimate how unyielding bubu can be
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by derecho(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
heydays:
OsinbajoAsiwaju is not making it easy for the VP Tinubu at all. I wonder how he is going to cross the several hurdles ahead of him. It is definitely going to be a long dreary and tortuous walk especially as the Muslims in the south west are reluctant to align with him, in deference to BAT.

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by PrincessofDSS(f): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
slimmoney:
was ambode primary free and fair? if yes, Buhari can also indicate his preferred candidate and the election must be free and fair, no consensus candidate.

Nice one but the issue here is the bolded. What’s the need of going into an election that the outcome is already known

That’s what happened during Ambode’s second term primaries and that’s the same thing that’s going to happen during the APC primaries this weekend

Tinubu already knows and that’s why he’s been uncomfortable with the body language of the President and his cabals

They say a head hunter don’t usually be comfortable when someone wielding a knife goes behind him
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Corporate2020: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
Samakus:

One single phone call from Buhari to these Governors changes everything. Don't underestimate how unyielding bubu can be

Tinubu will never yield to Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Samakus(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Corporate2020:

Tinubu will never yield to Buhari.

I know. But these can
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Sannisege: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
HernanCortes:

Dude is Nigeria's only hope at the moment.
I can’t imagine Americans saying Mike Pence was the only hope for America last year. This is how dumb Some Nigerians can be
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Spandau: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
seunmsg:

I don't know why you of all people would not see the repeated games the North plays on Southern politicians. It's always the same deception. When will you guys all learn that the Northern politicians will always fall behind a Northern candidate come what may. All those Northern people following Tinubu around are just deceiving him. They are moles planted into his team who will give reports to the grand masters at Sókótó.
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by rimijoshua(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
mannobi:
He is the best candidate
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by tunapawizzy: 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Tareq1105:

If the VP is picked, Tinubu would have to work with him. Failure to work with him is political suicide for him and south west. I'm not aware of anyone that became Nigeria president by force. Tinubu doesn't know that majority of Nigerians prefer Osinbajo to him.

Only Tinubu will commit political suicide..man has money and all but his influence is largely limited to Lagos and Osun state..even in 2015 that he is bragging that brought Buhari, in his Lagos where his influence is largest politically...APC led PDP by just 160k....dont exaggerate Tinubu's influence, the man has money and all..he can fund political activities but believe me.....his ability to generate votes when the presidency don't give him support of the military and police is not all that(see Osun re-run)....in 2015 in the total votes across the country APC led PDP and won the election with 2,571,759 votes(the whole of south west contributed just about 450,000 to this)........In Kano and Katsina alone APC led with about 2.8million votes..
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by manbrain: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Amazing
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by biggie73(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
yinkus6750:
PMB has stated his stand
It must !e a consensus candidate.
Else he will choose his annointed candidate
And that will be dying minute at the convention ground.
Wahala be like wetin ?
...wahala be like something Buhari can't handle
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
THELATTERMAN:

I won't regret voting for any of them. But, Peter Obi is more likely to earn my vote.

Eggxactly
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by Jats2k2002: 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Only Tinubu will commit political suicide..man has money and all but his influence is largely limited to Lagos and Osun state..even in 2015 that he is bragging that brought Buhari, in his Lagos where his influence is largest politically...APC led PDP by just 160k....dont exaggerate Tinubu's influence, the man has money and all..he can fund political activities but believe me.....his ability to generate votes when the presidency don't give him support of the military and police is not all that(see Osun re-run)....in 2015 in the total votes across the country APC led PDP and won the election with 2,571,759 votes(the whole of south west contributed just about 450,000 to this)........In Kano and Katsina alone APC led with about 2.8million votes..

APC must put on their biggest thinking cap to be able to win in 2023, any mistake will be their room. Tinubu is a good choice but unlikely to fly reasons being that he needs a running mate up north who can split Atiku's northern votes. He is unlikely to get a northern Christian running mate that can do that and a Moslem/Moslem ticket is DOA. Their only viable choice for a southern president will have to be Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by CorperKola: 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
heydays:
Asiwaju is not making it easy for the VP at all. I wonder how he is going to cross the several hurdles ahead of him. It is definitely going to be a long dreary and tortuous walk especially as the Muslims in the south west are reluctant to align with him, in deference to BAT.

The christians nko?
Re: Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors by HernanCortes: 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sannisege:
I can’t imagine Americans saying Mike Pence was the only hope for America last year. This is how dumb Some Nigerians can be

America has been a democracy for more than 200 years, they created the system. Your ancestors on the other hand only became literate less than a hundred years ago.

But keep comparing America with Nigeria, fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / Gov. Okorocha Lights Up Owerri - Imo State. / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.