Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) (50018 Views)

Nigeria's Facial Scars: The Last Generation (viewers discretion!) / Iru Kingdom: The End Of A Dominating Dynasty / Yoruba Facial Features Is Similar To Asians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by kherlly(m): 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
I have two facial marks on each of my cheeks. In my early days, I felt so terrible with them but now, I have grown to appreciate them.
The story behind the marks is that I had convulsions when I was little and grandma had to mark me to save my life.

Beautiful
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by azukaegopeter(m): 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
I have two facial marks on each of my cheeks. In my early days, I felt so terrible with them but now, I have grown to appreciate them.
The story behind the marks is that I had convulsions when I was little and grandma had to mark me to save my life.
Same story I was told. That's why I've got marks too
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Ndibuna: 2:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
You don't have choice than to like your deformity. There is nothing else you can do about it

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by DamianX: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
saintkeppy:
It's very common in Oyo Town &Ogbomosho Town. Very wicked Facial Marks

Lol

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by MrCover: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo

Please Nairalander, If You Are Selling Bulk Airtel Airtime, Get In Touch With

Urgent Airtel Bulk Airtime Needed Please.

We Are Ready To Buy Up To 5Million Naira Airtel Bulk Airtime From Your Hand.

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

You don't have choice than to like your deformity. There is nothing else you can do about it
deformity are you joking?

Marks are a beauty, well some..

I'm sure you won't call face tattoos a deformity

2 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by anonymous1759(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
Thanks to my MaMa GrandMa almost defaced me grin grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Cholls(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
an0daGuy:
What ! End of wetin? undecided

It’s like this op hasn’t encountered the current crop of vibrant afonja offsprings from deep inside the hinterlands of ijebu this last decade.

Wa Ogbeni, check am well oh. You sure say no be spit dem dey try throway wey dey resemble as if dem dey drool for your eye so? shocked
My brother are you a woman
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by KillerCrocodile: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:

Na your face be that..... ?

2 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Dukeolumidemans(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
Tribal warriors will soon start...

2 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by dalass(f): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
an0daGuy:
What ! End of wetin? undecided

It’s like this op hasn’t encountered the current crop of vibrant afonja offsprings from deep inside the hinterlands of ijebu this last decade.

Wa Ogbeni, check am well oh. You sure say no be spit dem dey try throway wey dey resemble as if dem dey drool for your eye so? shocked

But why the vawulence? grin

2 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by victorazy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
saintkeppy:
It's very common in Oyo Town &Ogbomosho Town. Very wicked Facial Marks

grin grin grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by VirileNelly2420: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
Urs is rather cute ...

But some are terribly done
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
I have two marks on my face. My parents said I was an ogbanje. That I used to say my mother was the statue at race course n they were scared I could leave them.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Ndibuna: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Thinkam:
deformity are you joking?

Marks are a beauty, well some..

I'm sure you won't call face tattoos a deformity
Marks are no beauty. It is a consolation word. If not why are they stopping it? Why are those who have them get depressed but only get to like them since they can't do anything about it.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by LZAA: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
Afonjas always trying to drag igbos into their issues
Sai tiger claws grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Nigerialabalaba: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
Olodo. tribal marks wey people still dey give children wotowoto. shiorr. e no fit end
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Olam09(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
grin

Thank God my parents no give us tribal mark. Me self i don dey notice say okola no plenty like before again.
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by LZAA: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
Mini tiger grin grin grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Antoeni(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
She doesn’t Need NIN

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-61229617
The skull mining tribe is known for this

3 Likes

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by ThePlugg(m): 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Thank God for my face grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Success900(m): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Brainjotting: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
This thing should have ended far back because I don't really see the essence or is there something I don't know, some one can fill me in.

I write business plans/proposals for people at affordable price
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Innobee99(m): 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:
Na superstition jor, they refused taking u the hospital for proper treatment grin
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ndibuna:

Marks are no beauty. It is a consolation word. If not why are they stopping it? Why are those who have them get depressed but only get to like them since they can't do anything about it.

Because of the way society views them currently, in the southwest precolonial Era, tribal mark was a sign of beauty for male and female..
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
My dad has two short lines tribal mark beside he’s eyes
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by StrongAlphMale: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
beylinko02:

Forget those guys telling you you're Fine like this. You're not beautiful at all, especially with those marks that looks like what vulture fingered. It obvious you're a Yoruba. Na Yorubas dey always use bottle, scissors, knives, cutlass etc to mark their children body. No let those guys dey whine you. They're bloody Simps and will never tell you the truth. I'm telling you the truth now, those marks look awkward and ugly. It's not fine.

I know you have no choice. But I'll recommend you sue your grandma for disfiguring your face (that's if she's still alive)
Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by tempusfugit: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
If our governors ain't idiots, they could ve set up tribal marks museum especially in south west and edo, because 20 years from tribal marks would be eradicate, museum for tribal marks to remember us where we re coming from and also for tourists purposes

1 Like

Re: End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) by Kog45(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
I dey hear say if person no get royal Oyo tribal mark he no fit be Alafin of Oyo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples / Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.