Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number (814 Views)

Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him / ''my Husband Emeka Okojie Is Trying To Kill Me'' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by LogicBomb8: 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
I was going through the front page of nairaland when My phone alarted me to a text message. And it was a code for creation of FCMB account, this came as a surprice as i dont have an fcmb bank account. could this be a mistake? should i be worried?
prior to this av been recieving frequent calls this week from scammers claiming to be from the bank i just hang up on them. please what should i do i dont want to be a victim
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by zukky79: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Do you owe any loan app money?

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by zukky79: 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
LogicBomb8:
I was going through the front page of nairaland when My phone alarted me to a text message. And it was a code for creation of FCMB account, this came as a surprice as i dont have an fcmb bank account. could this be a mistake? should i be worried?
prior to this av been recieving frequent calls this week from scammers claiming to be from the bank i just hang up on them. please what should i do i dont want to be a victim

Are you indebted to any loan app?
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by LogicBomb8: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
zukky79:

Are you indebted to any loan app?
NO Never
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by zukky79: 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
LogicBomb8:

NO
Never

Well, someone somewhere has your BVN details and is attempting to open an account for his fraudulent use, pretending to be you. Inform FCMB immediately to block the attempt.

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by LogicBomb8: 12:03am On Jun 03, 2022
zukky79:

Well, someone somewhere has your BVN details and is attempting to open an account for his fraudulent use, pretending to be you. Inform FCMB immediately to block the attempt.
The scammers that call hv my date of birth but how can they possibly have my bvn this all started after i visited the bank to do a couple of things in my account except the bank works with scammers

2 Likes

Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by FriendsAndFans(m): 1:48am On Jun 03, 2022
LogicBomb8:

The scammers that call hv my date of birth but how can they possibly have my bvn this all started after i visited the bank to do a couple of things in my account except the bank works with scammers
have no fear. those clowns dont have your full info yet but if i were you, i will be proactive and visit the bank tomorrow morning.
one cant be too careful nowadays
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by God1000(m): 2:52am On Jun 03, 2022
Bank officials often connive with these fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 03, 2022
Someone in the bank is the culprit
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by LogicBomb8: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2022
burritto:
Someone in the bank is the culprit
but i thought they will need the otp in my phone before completing the account creation or is there a way to get it without my disclosure?
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by 1F30M4(f): 10:33am On Jun 03, 2022
God1000:
Bank officials often connive with these fraudsters

Giving sensitive information to fraudsters in exchange for money, I've heard this before. That is very bad.
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by LogicBomb8: 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
1F30M4:

Giving sensitive information to fraudsters in exchange for money, I've heard this before. That is very bad.
all these started after i left the bank
Re: Someone Is Trying To Create An Account With My Number by podium(m): 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Same here, on Monday I received the same code. Today again I have received it. From FCMB. I DNT even have an account there

(1) (Reply)

Woman Donate Her Kidney To Save Her Husband / Advice Needed Please / Should You Japa (with Family) On A Study Visa In 2024?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.