Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan (17402 Views)

Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment / Breaking..the Chinese Army Carries Out Its Threat And Begins The Siege Of Taiwan / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by DOTian: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
MT:

You have watched too many Hollywood movies. If the Chinese govt feels that they have what it takes, they would have annexed Taiwan. It's the fear of the United States that is keeping them on the leash.

Do you even know the military hardware in the possession of the US. China and Russia are doing catching up. Do you have an idea of the annual military budget of the US? if you add the military budget of Russia, China , UK, Germany, Japan and other 5 countries next on the biggest military spending, it's not up to the budget of the US.

Know the beast you are toying with. If you don't, China understands.

China has got what it takes to take over Taiwan in a week! You know absolutely nothing about the militaries of these countries. China has the men, the equipment, the technology and the funding! Moreover, China has the general support of her citizens to do this. It's also very important for you to understand that The Americans have very limited military abilities in Taiwan. Yes, they sell some sophisticated weapons to the Taiwanese, but over the last few years , as a very powerful China emerges, the Americans have systematically toned down the volume of their military sales and support Taiwan! They don't even like placing serious military hardwares in Taiwan in recent times..

The reasons for this are obvious; China has made herself a very lucrative partner to the Western world economically. America and the west have made more money from china than they will ever make from Taiwan. China is almost a 2 billion population market! What is Taiwans? China has long range intercontinental ballistic missiles, China has shot down settilites from the orbit! Hope you know what that means in case of a war with a fellow super power? China has an international space station. China has anti plane carrier missiles! China has....., Man! Don't let me start.. China won't invade Taiwan but that's because of economic reasons, not necessarily because of military reasons. You guys used to say the same thing about Hong Kong but today who calls the shots there? Beijing!

2 Likes

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by DOTian: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
Golan007:

Ok.

Biafra is backward and certainly undemocratic.

Unscientific, high exporter of narcotics and for this reason USA would be much delighted to dash her recognition.
This chronic UNITY BEGGAR again?
Man afraid of living alone..
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Masterito(m): 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
Why not take your family and go enjoy in North Korea or Russia? Leave the US alone and focus on where you currently reside.
Nancy1986:
USA is showing the world it evil nature why not come out to say hey guys we are heading to a recession please do a go fund me for us.

Instead of looking for evil ways to sell weapons and to cause problems to people's precious life's.

The whole world will be glad to contribute for the poor USA government just like Europe did to feed their hungry babies with baby food.

Imagine if baby food ran out from north Korea or Russia ahh.

CNN will run it for years claiming it was bad governance that caused it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Golan007: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
DOTian:

This chronic UNITY BEGGAR again?
Man afraid of living alone..

Bye Bye Biafra.

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by MT: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
DOTian:

China has got what it takes to take over Taiwan in a week! You know absolutely nothing about the militaries of these countries. China has the men, the equipment, the technology and the funding! Moreover, China has the general support of her citizens to do this. It's also very important for you to understand that The Americans have very limited military abilities in Taiwan. Yes, they sell some sophisticated weapons to the Taiwanese, but over the last few years , as a very powerful China emerges, the Americans have systematically toned down the volume of their military sales and support Taiwan! They don't even like placing serious military hardwares in Taiwan in recent times..

The reasons for this are obvious; China has made herself a very lucrative partner to the Western world economically. America and the west have made more money from china than they will ever make from Taiwan. China is almost a 2 billion population market! What is Taiwans? China has long range intercontinental ballistic missiles, China has shot down settilites from the orbit! Hope you know what that means in case of a war with a fellow super power? China has an international space station. China has anti plane carrier missiles! China has....., Man! Don't let me start.. China won't invade Taiwan but that's because of economic reasons, not necessarily because of military reasons. You guys used to say the same thing about Hong Kong but today who calls the shots there? Beijing!

You have said nothing. You are changing the narratives. You started by comparing China military to the US. I debunked your claims with fact.
Now you are trying to tell me what China has done militarily and how US can't compare. You made me laugh. Joe Biden has said it twice, if China attacks Taiwan, the US military will be on the ground. Tell your dear China to attack Taiwan. Taiwan produces the most sophisticated micro chips in the world. That's an appeal to China, so don't tell me they are not attacking due to economic reasons.

The fear of the US is keeping them at bay. US has a more fearsome military than China and Russia combined. They have the fund too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
US is just tempting China to invade Taiwan, is a bait, once China invades Taiwan a similar economic sabotage and military cut down on the Chinese side as with Russia is assured

1 Like

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by jaxxy(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if not in support why are they supplying them arms. US are just creating more problems for the world.

They are not forcing Taiwan to return to China since Taiwan doesn't want to bt they aren't ready yo recognise their independence either.
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by brightalo1010: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nancy1986:
USA is showing the world it evil nature why not come out to say hey guys we are heading to a recession please do a go fund me for us.

Instead of looking for evil ways to sell weapons and to cause problems to people's precious life's.

The whole world will be glad to contribute for the poor USA government just like Europe did to feed their hungry babies with baby food.

If they did not sell you lots will complain if they sell you will complain, abeg Mr did usa begged anyone to buy there weapons?

You Want to do gofund you for usa that is still giving loans to countries.

Go and work just a year there and your life will change for better by then you'll be able to reason well for now you're dealing with frautation and hunger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by CSTRR: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
China should be smart.

Allow sleeping dogs lie. Don't react to every foreign policy for Taiwan.

Don't allow America goad you into war.
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by womenareapez: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Originalsly:
China has long made it clear that Taiwan is hers period. The US has already tried to find out how serious they were by sending an Aircraft Carrier to Taiwan to 'show support for Taiwan'. The carrier was quickly targeted by Chinese Air Force and forced to retreat. There is no discussion with regards to Taiwan.
this one just open his smelly mouth and type rubbish waaaaaaaaaaa! undecided
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by CSTRR: 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if not in support why are they supplying them arms. US are just creating more problems for the world.
Taiwan is the world's manufacturer of the smallest and most advanced nano processors.

Not even China can copy such a technology.
It's too advanced. It will take years to master.

Taiwan need to remain independent outside Chinese control and so US arms them.

They are critical to American technology.

1 Like

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by MasterKernel: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:

What problem? Read in-between the lines, maintain status quo, how does that mean inciting a war?
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by vincijr(m): 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2022
gambojimeta:

This is not new.

Always been like that. Most countries do not support Taiwan's independence.

A lot of nairalanders only started following international politics after the invasion of Ukraine.

UK and US supported Taiwan independence Biden is backing out now with that support to avoid war or because no personal interest
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by obedience4(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nancy1986:

yeye. U wan do go fund for usa , usa dat it congress approve a 40billion aid for ukraine. Madam go and read ur economics text book. There are alot of factors that affect the supply of goods in international trade. The baby food shortage was cause by the distruption to the supply chain. The major tin use in baby food is firbe gotten from grains and most are gotten from russia and ukraine.not that d usa cant buy baby food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Propertyforum: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
This has been a known fact for a long time
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by obedience4(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
This is crafty or have they checked to see they can't stand two wars Russia and China against USA will bring USA to it knees.
that why we have alliances and defence pact. That is what nato is for. That is why the usa has a military with pact with south korea and japan..
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Kingspin(m): 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
if not in support why are they supplying them arms. The US is just creating more problems for the world.
If Ukraine has weapons Russia will think twice before invading.

Here, the US is right to supply weapons to Taiwan
Every country should stay within their borders, China, Russia or US.
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Proudlyomonna: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Golan007:
Bye bye Biafra.

Ha Biafra on this thread too shocked grin grin
And you say you are not destined to do this all the days of your life till you die enter grave grin
The day you quit wailing and sorrowing Igbo ahhh, Igbo ooo, Igbo yeaaa,that day you die and seize to exist grin
Very rubbish destiny na im you just carry come this world cheesy grin

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by DOTian: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
MT:

You have said nothing. You are changing the narratives. You started by comparing China military to the US. I debunked your claims with fact.
Now you are trying to tell me what China has done militarily and how US can't compare. You made me laugh. Joe Biden has said it twice, if China attacks Taiwan, the US military will be on the ground. Tell your dear China to attack Taiwan. Taiwan produces the most sophisticated micro chips in the world. That's an appeal to China, so don't tell me they are not attacking due to economic reasons.

The fear of the US is keeping them at bay. US has a more fearsome military than China and Russia combined. They have the fund too.

Seriously, when you compare military spendings through officially budgeted funds, you will never get the true extent of Chinese military investments in hardware developments and training of men. The Chinese military has scores of businesses in China, whose income are not necessarily registered in the yearly budget and they do this intentionally to confuse their adversaries. If you Google this, you will be surprised with your findings. Do you know that the Chinese military owns most of the Chinese telecommunications companies? They have arrays of businesses all over China. If you take into cognizance, the massive developments that have been witnessed within the Chinese military in recent years, you will appreciate this fact. The West has always made mention of this and has always prepared their response to any imaginable Chinese aggression based on this.

That said, my argument is not that The Chinese military is better or bigger nor more sophisticated than that of the western world. I didn't say that. What I said and what I'm very sure of, is that the Chinese military has advanced quite rapidly, especially in recent times, in such areas as their asymmetrical warfare capabilities. While they may not posses all the recent weapons paraded by the West, they have all it takes to inflict maximum harm on any adversary on planet earth today, especially when so close to home.. I also believe they can quite easily pulverize the fledging Taiwanese army and can cause serious disruptions to any sort of Americans military intervention in Taiwan.
They have those capabilities, even if we all know that a war between them and the Americans will never happen, since they both are nuclear powers..

1 Like

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by chopnaira: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
vincijr:

UK and US supported Taiwan independence Biden is backing out now with that support to avoid war or because no personal interest

Quote where the US ever mentioned that they supported Taiwan's independence.

I have been following US politics since the days of Clinton, and I can't ever recall any US president or policy supporting that claim.

I don't know about the UK as I have never really followed their politics.

2 Likes

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by vincijr(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
chopnaira:

Quote where the US ever mentioned that they supported Taiwan's independence.

I have been following US politics since the days of Clinton, and I can't ever recall any US president or policy supporting that claim.

I don't know about the UK as I have never really followed their politics.

This act says it all

Yes they agreed to one China policy but they also agreed to support Taiwan with defensive weapons if their future isn’t decided with peac

https://www.ait.org.tw/our-relationship/policy-history/key-u-s-foreign-policy-documents-region/taiwan-relations-act/

Question now is

After saying he would respond if China uses military means on Taiwan( I read it here on mairaland)

Why would they not support them now?
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by gaddafe(m): 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
gambojimeta:

This is not new.

Always been like that. Most countries do not support Taiwan's independence.

A lot of nairalanders only started following international politics after the invasion of Ukraine.

You see that bolded part made me chuckle. I looked at when you were registered and I saw 2021. No wonder! Some of us here had been in NL even before Gadaffi was ruthlessly overthrowned. Then NL was buzzing. Most NL members had always followed international politics. It is newcomers like you that would say that because from 2021 till date, the only international news of relevance was the US exit from Afghanistan and the Ukraine war
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by RichProminent(m): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nancy1986:

Did you read the post?
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by nextstep(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Just hope they don't support China plans to invade Taiwan

They will support whoever, as long as it's in their interest. So Taiwan should not assume US will come to its rescue

There are no permanent friends, and no permanent enemies, only permanent interests..
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by almarthins(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lordbinsmar:
grin

Mother Russia is already whipping their ass, the no wan add Great China trouble join.

I only pity the stupid people of Taiwan, America is a snake country. Extremely cunny and hypocritical in nature. Them go support you for front but stab you for back.

Believe the American government at your own peril.

All the world powers are snakes. Named them: Russia, China, USA, France, Britain. They are all cunning. China don dig grave for Africa with debts. Soon we have more Chinese presence here in Africa than any where in the world. Snake meet snake, na one go swallow the other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Lordbinsmar: 5:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
almarthins:

All the world powers are snakes. Named them: Russia, China, USA, France, Britain. They are all cunning. China don dig grave for Africa with debts. Soon we have more Chinese presence here in Africa than any where in the world. Snake meet snake, na one go swallow the other

Naa true you talk, but America naa the biggest Snake.
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by Flytime: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
God1000:
Supporting Taiwan independence will lead to war, both sides want the status quo to remain.

Nonetheless, there's immutable relations between US and Taiwan and it's getting stronger by the day.

The Biden administration just launched new trade pact with Taiwan yesterday
not even that
China has made it clear than any country that has formal relationship with Taiwan would no longer have with them so they have to choose one ,and China being a major trade hub with so many countries around the world and major supplier of loans in Africa most countries including the major western nations against chinas policies choose to only recognize china
Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by chopnaira: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
gaddafe:
[/b]

You see that bolded part made me chuckle. I looked at when you were registered and I saw 2021. No wonder! Some of us here had been in NL even before Gadaffi was ruthlessly overthrowned. Then NL was buzzing. Most NL members had always followed international politics. It is newcomers like you that would say that because from 2021 till date, the only international news of relevance was the US exit from Afghanistan and the Ukraine war
Your whole post made me chuckle.

The Monika behind Gambojimeta registered on Nairaland in 2007. Gambo is one of many trolling accounts grin

1 Like

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by chopnaira: 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
vincijr:

This act says it all

Yes they agreed to one China policy but they also agreed to support Taiwan with defensive weapons if their future isn’t decided with peac

https://www.ait.org.tw/our-relationship/policy-history/key-u-s-foreign-policy-documents-region/taiwan-relations-act/

Question now is

After saying he would respond if China uses military means on Taiwan( I read it here on mairaland)

Why would they not support them now?
You don't need to beat around the bush.

I am only asking you to show me where the US specifically stated that they support Taiwan's independence.

1 Like

Re: US Doesn't Support Formal Independence Of Taiwan by chopnaira: 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
The thread will not pass 4 pages because most Nairalanders know the US never supported Taiwan's independence. The topic was a waste of front page space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africa Says Citizens Fighting With Israeli Forces In Gaza Will Be Arrested / 15 Killed As Israeli Strike Hits Gaza UN School / Tourist Trapped On Australian Island After Being Stalked By A Crocodile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.