Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Some Poor Description Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Poor Description Of God (553 Views)

Accurate Description Of Hellfire / The Description Of God / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Poor Description Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2022
PhenomenalMorgan:
Guy, if u dont have answers to his questions just jejely keep quiet and allow others to contribute, u seem bent on derailing the thread, allow others to meaningfully contribute so that his questions will be addressed, thanks
Come and tie my hands nah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Poor Description Of God by AntiChristian: 9:25am On Jun 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Yes my God used military but not supporting His worshipers against themselves just as you will carry weapons against your fellow Muslims
today yet both of you will pray to the same Allah to support you in killing your fellow Muslims! cheesy

I already say you were a liar before. Where do you see me carry weapons against anyone or pray such prayer? May God punish the hand you use to type those lies against me.
So you agree your Jehovah used Military to kill people and animals. So how are you sure those people haven't repented?

What Jehovah witness are calling to is confirm hatred filled cultism! No wonder they keep banning your cult.
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by petra1(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

You should have tried to re-interpret the verses one by one with your non-carnal mind!

That’s work nah .

AntiChristian:
Number 1 God rested from work!
Genesis 2:2
[[/b]b]By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.

Note: Resting is a function of fatigue/tiredness! And i think God is above such!

Not at all it just simply means God stopped working or ceased to create again

Hebrews 4:10 (KJV)
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Number 2- God Regrets making Man
Gen 6:6
And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

1 Samuel 15:11
" I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned away from following Me and has not carried out My instructions." And Samuel was distressed and cried out to the LORD all that night.

Note: Regretting is a human action caused by him not knowing the future. God knows all things so why would He regret!

God gave man the power of will . He chose to relate with man demonstrating his will to follow him and not to follow

Number 3- God Repents
Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

VS
Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God repents but God can not repent! What a contradiction!

Other Poor descriptions of God in the Bible

1. Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a mighty warrior overcome by wine. Psalm 78:65
2. Wake up, O Lord! Why are You sleeping? Arise! Do not reject us forever. Psalm 44:23
3. Like one waking from a dream, so You, O Lord, awaken and despise their form. Psalm 73:20
4. The LORD goes forth like a mighty one; He stirs up His zeal like a warrior. He shouts; yes, He roars in triumph over His enemies: Isaiah 42:13
5. Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD. Wake up as in days past, as in generations of old. Was it not You who cut Rahab to pieces, who pierced through the dragon? Isaiah 51:9

All these are unbefitting to be ascribed to God as He suffers no fatigue, does not sleep, eat or drink.

To be continued. . . .
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2022
AntiChristian:

I already say you were a liar before. Where do you see me carry weapons against anyone or pray such prayer? May God punish the hand you use to type those lies against me.

Are there Muslims in the forces?

Are they your fellow believers in your Allah?

Who do they pray to when going to war?

Do they shortlist those they're going to kill?

How do they go to war without killing their fellow believers in your Allah?

Sincere answers to these questions will help you know who your Allah is whether it's the true God or Satan! smiley

So you agree your Jehovah used Military to kill people and animals. So how are you sure those people haven't repented?
According to the scriptures people like Rahab of Jericho and the Gibeonites realized that the true God was behind the Israelites so they REPENTED and humbled themselves before God and their lives were spared! smiley

What Jehovah witness are calling to is confirm hatred filled cultism! No wonder they keep banning your cult.

No wahala, that's what people generally called Jesus back in his days so we're used to it, just know that if your Allah is the true God it should be able to resolve the disputes between it's worshipers so Muslims won't raise weapons against their fellow believers that's all! wink
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. The same God is written to have decreed the kind of work we know to be unholy, suggesting we instead do the work which He commands instead- John 6 vs 25 - 35 - which many a lay man translates as doing nothing at all but it isn't so. undecided

Why was God said to have rested? Why did He awake...? Why did He regret? Why Did He repent? Just answer and don't bring other questions i am yet to ask.

3. But Jesus Christ didn't always speak in parables to the people, so your claim changes nothing of this. SO? undecided
Whenever he spoke in parables he does not want people to understand. I never said he always speak in parables. He never want them to be forgiven.

When Jesus Christ spoke to the Pharisees and they clearly acknowledged understanding of what He said to them, what was that, parable-speak too? undecided
Why are you bringing up things i never said?

Jesus spoke in parables to make people hear but not understand!
Later he spoke normally!

When he (Jesus) was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
Mark 4:10-12

"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. John 16:25
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2022
KNOWMORE56:

You can't understand many things in the Bible....
but we'll try to put it straight ( not for you probably)

It says God finished what He intended to do... No other words for the action that follows work done than the word rest...

If rest is not the right word to be used after work is finished, then you can do well to tell us the right word to be used...

You have to understand that all the things said about God is according to human understanding...

For example, I believe your religion also agree that God created all things, right.

When you talk about create/produce/made human mind will go to workshop/factory/company... spanner, screw driver, etcetera..

When we talk about God producing any thing, we don't think about workshop/factory/company... spanner, screw driver, etcetera..

God is truly " the greater than what people say". That is what we call Him!

This kind of your mind that when we say God has a son, then you start to feel like He must also have a wife, have intercourse, it's wrong, ok.

I don't know why it's only "rest" all of you see in my post. What about "regret", "repent", "awake", etc.?

And my religion does not use those kind of words to describe God!

Also, if God could have sons, then it's appropriate for Him to have wives, sex cell, scrotal sack, etc.

Since sons of God were able to impregnate humans in Gen 6:1-4 then this is logical when we also take in to consideration "God created us in His image and likeness".

But focus on the thread!
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by TAYO124: 7:52am On Jun 05, 2022
Your approach is not progressive, you cannot attack the belief system of adherents of another faith and think you will convince them about your god.
At best listen islam as a belief system was simply the imposition of Arabian culture on the world. It is the proselytising of Arabian occultism on the world. The Arabian imam is regarded above a non Arabian imam. A Fulani Muslim is better than the non Fulani Muslim.
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by AntiChristian: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2022
TAYO124:
Your approach is not progressive, you cannot attack the belief system of adherents of another faith and think you will convince them about your god.
At best listen islam as a belief system was simply the imposition of Arabian culture on the world. It is the proselytising of Arabian occultism on the world. The Arabian imam is regarded above a non Arabian imam. A Fulani Muslim is better than the non Fulani Muslim.

Falsehood is falsehood anywhere. These are lies as usual.
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by omgherryan(m): 7:13am On Jun 10, 2022
my spiritual number says that Saturn is in my chart, and it will stay for a year, So I started researching about the Saturn, why people scar from him when I read about him and realized that he is not that scary he just takes exam of us, and once we surpassed it we will get more happiness than excepted.
Re: Some Poor Description Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

TAYO124:

So in a nutshell religion is viewed as CULTISM by those not involved.
But there's a difference!
JWs are cultists who have erased nepotism but Muslims are cultists where nepotism reigns.
Noteworthy! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Poor Description Of God by GreatAxeMan: 7:57am On Jun 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
Number 1 God rested from work!
Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.

Note: Resting is a function of fatigue/tiredness! And i think God is above such!

Thank goodness everyone is not an illiterate like prophet Sex Award Winner SAW and his stupid illiterate followers who don't understand basic English.

"Rest" simply means stopped. For example in Genesis 8:4, we find the following:

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

If I say that a bird flew down and rested on a tree, I mean that the bird landed on a tree, not that it was tired.

The Bible itself says that God never tires.

Isaiah 40:28

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become tired or grow weary; [/b]There is no searching of His understanding.[/quote]

[b]Number 2- God Regrets making Man
Gen 6:6
And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

1 Samuel 15:11
" I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned away from following Me and has not carried out My instructions." And Samuel was distressed and cried out to the LORD all that night.

Note: Regretting is a human action caused by him not knowing the future. God knows all things so why would He regret!

Again, stupidity makes up more than 99% of the Muhammadan's limited brain capacity!

A simple dictionary definition of the word regret:

To feel sorry about (any thing).
i.e I regret that I have to do this, but I don't have a choice

It's not uncommon when an obituary is announced for the family of the deceased to say something like, "With deep regret, but with absolute gratitude to God for a life well lived" Does that mean that the family of the deceased did not expect their loved one to die? Did they think he or she would live forever and they never saw that death would occur in the future?

Let me ask you AntiChristian this question because I want the world to amuse itself at the expense of your lack of intelligence.

If God cannot regret the creation of man, why does Hell exist? I know what the answer is, when we talk about Our God whom you stupidly believe is also your god, but I want to hear an islamic answer from you.

Number 3- God Repents
Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

VS
Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God repents but God can not repent! What a contradiction!

Other Poor descriptions of God in the Bible

1. Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a mighty warrior overcome by wine. Psalm 78:65
2. Wake up, O Lord! Why are You sleeping? Arise! Do not reject us forever. Psalm 44:23
3. Like one waking from a dream, so You, O Lord, awaken and despise their form. Psalm 73:20
4. The LORD goes forth like a mighty one; He stirs up His zeal like a warrior. He shouts; yes, He roars in triumph over His enemies: Isaiah 42:13
5. Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD. Wake up as in days past, as in generations of old. Was it not You who cut Rahab to pieces, who pierced through the dragon? Isaiah 51:9

All these are unbefitting to be ascribed to God as He suffers no fatigue, does not sleep, eat or drink.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Set #JESUS Trend On Social Media / Why Doesn't The Bible Tell Us Exactly When The Great Tribulation Shall Begin? / Questions Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.