Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Fight Your Battles On Your Knees - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fight Your Battles On Your Knees (7014 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
WHAT ARE U BATTLING?

Some struggles are external—such as your finances, job, or health. Others take place within you. Internal enemies of anger, unforgiveness, or inadequacy can hinder your walk with God. How can you find victory?

Jesus set the example for us the night before His crucifixion.

Matthew 26:39
He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine. “

Even Jesus Christ the Son of God prayed to God before he was about to face the cross. He knew that he was about to face a terrible and shameful death. So in prayer to the Father, he drew his strength by submitting his will the God the Father. Are you willing to submit your situation to God the Father? Read on.

Whether you realize it or not, you are in a spiritual war. You must stand firm for your convictions, renew your mind, and resist the devil. How is this possible? Fight your battles on your knees and you will win every time.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FIGHT OUR BATTLES ON OUR KNEES?

You and I approach our holy God and lay our petitions before Him. Rather than saying a quick prayer before we run out the door in the morning or fall asleep at night, we must invest time in seeking the Lord’s face and listening for His answer.

Are you about to enter a new phase in your life but face stiff opposition? My advice is that in order to win this battle, surrender the problem to the Lord in prayer and  experience the Lord’s victory- Amen!

WHY SHOULD WE FIGHT OUR BATTLES ON OUR KNEES?

The Historical occurrences in the Bible.
Firstly, Throughout Scripture, we see God’s servants falling on their faces before the Lord. For instance, Hezekiah prayed before leading his army to war, and Daniel knelt in prayer even though it meant being thrown into the lion’s den.

When we turn to the Lord, we are no longer battling on our own

Psalms 103:19-21
Tell them the Lord looked down from his heavenly sanctuary. He looked down to earth from heaven to hear the groans of the prisoners, to release those condemned to die. And the Lord’s fame will be celebrated in Zion, his praises in Jerusalem.

Engage the help of the Sovereign of the universe. He is omnipotent—all powerful; omniscient—all knowing; and omnipresent—presents everywhere. No one else on earth can help you more than He can. God acts on behalf of those who wait for Him—spend time in prayer to Him and trust in Him.

Isaiah 40:31
Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Prayer connects us with the power of the Holy Spirit
Before Pentecost, the disciples weren’t ready to preach the gospel to the world, even though they had walked with Jesus for three years.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the power of the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses telling people about me everywhere in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

If you have trusted Christ as your personal Savior, the Holy Spirit dwells within you.We cannot accomplish anything for God apart from the power of the Spirit.

There is a song we sing in Celestial Church of Christ that states “without the holy spirit, a human is empty, ask, and the Lord of Host will give it unto thee” Hallelujah!

WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IF YOU FIGHT YOUR BATTLES ON YOUR KNEES?

You will have comfort, confidence, and assurance.
There is nothing more powerful than having the Creator of the universe on your side.

The Father encourages us.
When we spend time one on one with Him, His Word and His Spirit lift us up.

Prayer gives believers insight we can get no other way.
On our faces before Him, we have the clearest view of the challenge ahead of us.

Talking with the Lord changes our focus.
The enemy wants us to dwell on our problem, how we can defend ourselves or get revenge.
Victory, however, is found in turning our eyes to God, the One who controls all things. He blesses those who are willing to trust and obey Him

You will have serenity.
Believers who turn their burdens over to the Lord have supernatural peace even when situations and circumstances don’t change.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

HOW CAN YOU FIGHT YOUR BATTLES ON YOUR KNEES?

Set aside time to be alone with God.
Find a quiet place and devote yourself to the One who has the greatest ability to help you.

Listen quietly.
The Lord desires to have an intimate relationship with each one of His children. But you will never know Him better unless you are willing to take the time to listen for His voice.

Expect God to bring up other issues in your life.
Before He responds to your cry for help, He may want you to deal with rebellion, Unforgiveness, or bitterness in your life. Until you repent and surrender to the Lord, sin will keep you from experiencing God’s best and stop you from enjoying a close relationship with Him.

Remember that in a battle, there can be only one general.
Freely express your desires, but don’t expect God to take orders from you. As you surrender to His guidance, He will engage His supernatural power on your behalf.

Know that battles are God’s tools.
One of the most important lessons the Father has taught me is to see all adversity as coming from Him. This truth will protect you from bitterness, resentment, and hostility towards those who wrong you.

Romans 8:28 says, “We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose”

In a battle, you and I may lose money, pride, or control over a situation. But if the struggle brings us to the point of total surrender to the Lord, we will always win spiritually speaking. AND THIS IS THE GOSPEL TRUTH.

CONCLUSION:
What are you battling today? Does it seem as if God doesn’t see your pain or understand
your heartache? Let me assure you that He knows exactly what you are going through. Go
before the Father today and pray, “Lord, I don’t want anything in my life that displeases You.
Take my bitterness, resentment, and anger. I give You this battle, and trust that You will turn
it for my good in Your way and in Your timing.”

Brethern, you cannot lose fighting on your knees. Once a day, fall on your face before God
and worship Him for who He is. Release your problems to almighty God, and you will find
victory every time.

Remember this Yolanda Adams’s song “The battle is the Lords”?

There is no pain, Jesus can't feel
There is no hurt, that He can not heal
For all things work According to the masters purpose
and his holy will
no matter what u are going thru, remember that God only wants a chance to use you
for the battle is not yours its the Lord's

There's no sadness, Jesus can not feel
and there is no sorrow,
that the master is not able and willing to heal
remember that all things work
they're not gonna be all good
but they're shall work according to God's purpose and his holy will
no matter what, no matter what you're going thru
remember God sees all and he knows all
and all he wants to do is use you
for this Battle is not yours its, its its its its the Lord’s

God bless wink

1 Like

Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by trekkie: 3:39am On Jul 19, 2011
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by bonetalk(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2011
Thanks so much, i am highly inspired, especially at this period, more power to your elbow. I will also share it with my friends. Thanks alot
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2011
@yommyuk: Matthew 26:39
[Quote]He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine. “

Even Jesus Christ the Son of God prayed to God before he was about to face the cross. He knew that he was about to face a terrible and shameful death. So in prayer to the Father, he drew his strength by submitting his will the God the Father. Are you willing to submit your situation to God the Father? Read on.[/Quote]if the bold is 'fighting your battle on your knees', the Muslims have perfected the best way to fight the battle. they are copying Jesus. i wonder who Jesus copied; Moses, Abraham, who, or he just made that up for himself, being the first to fight the battle the way the muslims fight it, now?

if the muslims are wrong, then Jesus is wrong along with them, just as Moses was, and Abraham was to name a few. then we have either the jews or the christians fighting for who is right without these holy men. yet it is from these men that the choose their respective group leader.

yommyuk, your lies stink hard; how did Jesus not say in the mane of Jesus when he was fighting the battle? look at your post and tell us, yet you as a christian fight your battle with Psalm of David you accused as killer of the husband of the wife he performed adultery with. you ignore the Gospels according to the 4 people since the Gospel of Jesus is nothing you have [maybe this is your problem; no true references], you abandoned how Jesus fought his battle [and lost that battle. maybe this is the reason you let him be and you developed a new fighting method?], you do not use paul's books of revelation [why attach yourself to the book of David; Psalm? Maybe it has more power while the Gospels and Revelations and mere books and powerless?].

and to continue the lies that that are worse than the deceits of News Reel Corporation and its chairman, etc, you forgot that the hung guy said in the Bible "my God, my God, . . . .". why not my father, which should have been the case, if he was a true son? is his mother the wife, or what is she [girlfriend, concubine, what]?
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 3:07am On Jul 20, 2011
And yommyuk is fighting his battle, alone. suddenly there is no one to 'protect him' and or 'fight for him'? is that what you are saying, man? after all you re using a style different from the style used which you think is unsuccessful? when you said he was killed, i take that as battled lost, the reason you abandoned his style. abi?
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Eben2: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2011
@Sweetnecta,

the things of the Kingdom are foolishness to them that are wise in thier own sight. The poster did not post this message for you or anyone else to critizice but for those that have ears to be blessed! He's simply saying everyone born of God has the right to go to Him with their problems and settle it there.

You and your likes should know that not every tread is meant for you to show how skillful you are with words. Christ did not come to create a religion but to reconcile those WHO BELIEVE back to God. Christianity is about FAITH! If you dont have that faith, then keep to yourself but believe this, when God is ready for you, you'll beg for your unbelieve. Ask Paul!
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2011
@eben2; « #5 on: Today at 07:52:00 AM »
[Quote]@Sweetnecta,

the things of the Kingdom are foolishness to them that are wise in thier own sight.[/Quote]critical analysis is not wise in their own sight. otherwise, they would arrived a conclusion without referring to what is obvious; jesus prostrated his face and there id no 'just fighting your fight on the knees from him'. he asked God in humble position; face on the ground along with palms and knees and toes all on the ground, like muslim next door in daily salah.

[Quote]The poster did not post this message for you or anyone else to critizice but for those that have ears to be blessed![/Quote]when a lie is written, people with ability to see it as lie should speak up. thats what i did.

[Quote]He's simply saying everyone born of God has the right to go to Him with their problems and settle it there.[/Quote]when jesus went to him like the same way the muslims who are His slaves go to Him, and jesus was rejected [you said his prayer was not granted because you said he was killed], yet He answers the prayers of many of these slaves, what kind of 'born of God' can you be when many christians asked and they are refused? are you truly 'born of God' or just lying to yourself? you refused to accept yourself as creation and servant/slave. yet i have not seen any of you who ever claims that your mom is the wife of God. is your father not an african, living on this earth, man?

[Quote]You and your likes should know that not every tread is meant for you to show how skillful you are with words. Christ did not come to create a religion but to reconcile those WHO BELIEVE back to God.[/Quote]how? how did he reconcile himself with God except by way of Moses? remember he practiced what Moses left? And MOses practiced what Abraham left in worship. Remember that Abraham believed as Noah. Noah believed in One God as Enoch. And Enoch followed the example of Adam. Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, which one of them does not have a religion? were they religious jews or religious christians?

[Quote]Christianity is about FAITH![/Quote]blind faith. a faith without reason and or proof.

[Quote]If you dont have that faith, then keep to yourself but believe this, when God is ready for you, you'll beg for your unbelieve. Ask Paul![/Quote]http://www.thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=detail&id=790
watch dr. lawrence brown's new testament show.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Pennywise(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Op
OOOkaaaay
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Jenwitemi(m): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2011
I'd rather prefer fighting my battles standing on my own two feet and using all my God-given intellectual, mental and intuitive gifts, thank you! smiley
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Patsey: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Sweetnecta,

Religious beliefs, dogmas and doctrines are, quintessentially, unfalsifiable propositions. To teach unfalsifiable propositions is to indoctrinate, to indoctrinate is immoral and immorality tantamount to aberation. May I, therefore, suggest that you and your indoctrinated cohorts not only stop floating unfalsifiable propositions on this forum, but also desist from insulting our rational autonomy.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Patsey: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Sweetnecta,

Religious beliefs, dogmas and doctrines are, quintessentially, unfalsifiable propositions. To teach unfalsifiable propositions is to indoctrinate, to indoctrinate is immoral and immorality tantamount to aberation. May I, therefore, suggest that you and your indoctrinated cohorts not only stop floating unfalsifiable propositions on this forum, but also desist from insulting our rational autonomy.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I'd rather prefer fighting my battles standing on my own two feet and using all my God-given intellectual, mental and intuitive gifts, thank you! smiley

Sure! There are some battles that should be fought on our feet as well as using our God-given intellectual, mental and intuitive gifts. However, there are some battles which can humble us hence making us seek help from God.

Example: A woman who has been seeking the fruit of the womb after 20years of marriage, ill- luck, bad medical report, and many more.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by trekkie: 2:28am On Jul 21, 2011
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 3:47am On Jul 21, 2011
@patsey; « #10 on: Yesterday at 06:13:41 PM »
[Quote]@Sweetnecta,

Religious beliefs, dogmas and doctrines are, quintessentially, unfalsifiable propositions. To teach unfalsifiable propositions is to indoctrinate, to indoctrinate is immoral and immorality tantamount to aberation. May I, therefore, suggest that you and your indoctrinated cohorts not only stop floating unfalsifiable propositions on this forum, but also desist from insulting our rational autonomy.[/Quote]unfalsifiable; meaning not capable of being proved false. my proposition being an unfalsifiable proposition is therefore a very sound proposition [proposal is a weak meaning in this case]. this is head and shoulders better and more superior to the falsifiable proposal of God is 3 persons, where one of them is on his knees and hands [all fours] with toes curled up and face on the ground begging another God and the last of them is surprisingly kept mute and sent on errands like the begging God. how is a beggar a real God?

you need to use your mind, man.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Patsey: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@patsey; « #10 on: Yesterday at 06:13:41 PM »unfalsifiable; meaning not capable of being proved false. my proposition being an unfalsifiable proposition is therefore a very sound proposition [proposal is a weak meaning in this case]. this is head and shoulders better and more superior to the falsifiable proposal of God is 3 persons, where one of them is on his knees and hands [all fours] with toes curled up and face on the ground begging another God and the last of them is surprisingly kept mute and sent on errands like the begging God. how is a beggar a real God?

YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU NEED TO SUCCESSFULLY TAKE AND PASS UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL 1 PHILOSOPHY IN LOGIC BEFORE I CAN CONTINUE WITH YOU. OTHERWISE, GET AN ELEMENTARY TEXT IN LOGIC OR PHILOSOPHY AND READ UP ABOUT FALSIFIABILITY AND UNFALSIFIABILITY. YOU CLEARLY CAN'T GRASP WHAT'S GOING ON HERE. GOOD BYE!
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Eben2: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hello brethren,

As a true believer in Christ and His redemption work, I believe I can approach the throne of grace in whatsoever way the Holy Spirit leads me.

The Bible says we do not know how to pray but that the Holy Spirit teaches us to pray and make intercessions on our behave with groanings which cannot be uttered Rom 8:26.

While praying therefore, I allow the leading of the HS. Sometimes I pray lying flat on the floor, on my kneels with my hands raised up. At times i worship Him kneeling down and touching the floor with my head several times and at some other times I pray standing with my head raised up, hands claps and eyes closed. Times without number, i pray while driving or walking along the road. In all these, what is important to me is to feel the connection and communication between me and my Father and the assurance of answer to my prayers.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2011
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Eben2: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
As for the prayers of Jesus not being answered, maybe i shld write out the passage of the scripture. (39)"And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. (40) And when he was at the place. he said unto them, pray that ye enter not into temptation. (41) And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, (42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (43) Anther there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. Luke 22:39 - 43

Jesus came in to save the world in form of a man with flesh and blood. He could feel pains and agony and he was tempted like humans in everyway but the goodnews is, he overcame Hebrews 4:15.

Jesus knew he was going to suffer and die for the world to be saved even from the walk go but as someone with flesh and blood, the body was tempted, didnt want to suffer but to God be the glory, Jesus knew it is the will of the Father for Him to die so He can pay the prize for our sins once and for all. What more answer could we want than an angel coming from heaven to encourage our Lord. If God had decided to spare Him, what could have happened to you and I? no wander the Bible says: "for God so loved the world that He gave His only beggotten Son, that whosover believeth in Him shld not perish but have everlasting life". Dont let His deathe be in vain in your life!
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
@patsey; « #15 on: Today at 11:33:37 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:47:16 AM
@patsey; « #10 on: Yesterday at 06:13:41 PM »unfalsifiable; meaning not capable of being proved false. my proposition being an unfalsifiable proposition is therefore a very sound proposition [proposal is a weak meaning in this case]. this is head and shoulders better and more superior to the falsifiable proposal of God is 3 persons, where one of them is on his knees and hands [all fours] with toes curled up and face on the ground begging another God and the last of them is surprisingly kept mute and sent on errands like the begging God. how is a beggar a real God?

YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU NEED TO SUCCESSFULLY TAKE AND PASS UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL 1 PHILOSOPHY IN LOGIC BEFORE I CAN CONTINUE WITH YOU. OTHERWISE, GET AN ELEMENTARY TEXT IN LOGIC OR PHILOSOPHY AND READ UP ABOUT FALSIFIABILITY AND UNFALSIFIABILITY. YOU CLEARLY CAN'T GRASP WHAT'S GOING ON HERE. GOOD BYE![/Quote]falsifiable, unfalsifiable are both english words. not restricted to philosophy alone, while we are discussing religion. i think you need to remain in school as stop contributing to discussions of adults.

@Eben 2; « #18 on: Today at 05:22:16 PM »
[Quote]As for the prayers of Jesus not being answered, maybe i shld write out the passage of the scripture. (39)"And he came out, and went, as he was won[/b]t, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. (40) And when he was at the place. he said unto them, pray that ye enter not into temptation. (41) [b]And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, (42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (43) Anther there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. Luke 22:39 - 43[/Quote]a distance of a stone cast [throw] by adult is not next step away. it is very far for a person praying quietly or in a moderate voice, since God hears even as low as a thought in the heart. there is no reason to shout, unless there is intense petition. for Jesus to be that far and his disciples to have heard him, he must have been shouting at the top of his voice with all the air in his lungs. this will be ridiculous, even for a human being who has no prophetic responsibility. imagine a prophet carrying on like that, while Zacharias prayed quietly and the prayer was answered with the birth of John his son. Jesus with all his shouting, his prayer is rejected, you said?

Let me ask you; was he in prostration with his face in the dirt, like the muslims do, today? how about the prayers of his life for his life according to the bibles in the garden of gashemane? how about that mr. fong [sorry enen2]?

[Quote]Jesus came in to save the world in form of a man with flesh and blood. He could feel pains and agony and he was tempted like humans in everyway but the goodnews is, he overcame Hebrews 4:15.[/Quote]are you kidding me? have you heard 'physician save thyself'? this was from Jesus son of Mary.

[Quote][b]Jesus knew he was going to suffer and die for the world to be saved [/b]even from the walk go but as someone with flesh and blood, the body was tempted, didnt want to suffer but to God be the glory, Jesus knew it is the will of the Father for Him to die so He can pay the prize for our sins once and for all. What more answer could we want than an angel coming from heaven to encourage our Lord. If God had decided to spare Him, what could have happened to you and I? no wander the Bible says: "for God so loved the world that He gave His only beggotten Son, that whosover believeth in Him shld not perish but have everlasting life". Dont let His deathe be in vain in your life![/Quote]long before the alleged crucifixion, Jesus son of Mary said 'i have done all you commanded me to do' by it is 'finished' about the last supper. to have said he was going to die for anyone is an addition by those who wished to add. but interestingly, a man who knows he will die and begged for help and agreed that God's Will is to be done, do you think it is an act of faith for such a man to say the following, if he truly is a believer in God 'my God, my God, why has Thou forsaken me?" please tender your opinion and dont be shy. this statement in my opinion is not expected of any believer but from disbeliever; a pagan, a devil, an evil doer.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Jenwitemi(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2011
All battles should be seen as humbling and fighting them standing on our two feet firmly on the ground is fighting them WITH GOD. Carrying your own cross with your God-given abilities means you're already ONE with GOD. Going on your knees and praying 24/7 for divine favors means you're mving farther and farther away from your creator, and not one with it.
yommyuk:

However, there are some battles which can humble us hence making us seek help from God.

Nobody ever told the woman about the artificial insemination? The universe(God) provides us all kinds of options.
yommyuk:

Example: A woman who has been seeking the fruit of the womb after 20years of marriage, ill- luck, bad medical report, and many more.

All battles are within the reach of human ability, trekkie. Our problem is always that we tend to think in terms LIMITATIONS instead of our POTENTIALS. God has given us all that we need to solve any kind of problems or the so-called "battles". But if all we do is think and exist within our perceived limitations, we will never be able to grow to our full potential. Humans are fantastic, multi-dimensional beings capable of anything but trapped within created(by various levels of dogmatism) illusory limitations.
trekkie:

@ jenwitemi like yommy said. some battles are within the reach of human ability; others like health,life,longevity,procreation and even your own birth are above the human pay grade. smiley
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
Jenwitemi:

All battles should be seen as humbling and fighting them standing on our two feet firmly on the ground is fighting them WITH GOD. Carrying your own cross with your God-given abilities means you're already ONE with GOD. Going on your knees and praying 24/7 for divine favors means you're mving farther and farther away from your creator, and not one with it.
Nobody ever told the woman about the artificial insemination? The universe(God) provides us all kinds of options.
All battles are within the reach of human ability, trekkie. Our problem is always that we tend to think in terms LIMITATIONS instead of our POTENTIALS. God has given us all that we need to solve any kind of problems or the so-called "battles". But if all we do is think and exist within our perceived limitations, we will never be able to grow to our full potential. Humans are fantastic, multi-dimensional beings capable of anything but trapped within created(by various levels of dogmatism) illusory limitations.
@Jenwitemi

I believe we are on the same page. It is like praying to pass an educational examination and not studing. Looking for a wife in a club and complain later when she turns out to be a JEZEBEL.

My point is as human beings, sometimes we may find ourselves in an unfamilar situation. Imagine being locked up in KIRIKIRI for an offence you did not commit, e.g MURDER. Let's say you have been framed up and all the evidence points to u. You facing the death penalty. what will you do? The same thing happened to Daniel who for praying to God found himself in the lion dens. Tell me what human ability or self belief can save you from such jam.

Brethen, if your life is going well, pls boast in the LORD who created you and not SELF. Because this was the same atitude that KING nebuchadnezzar exhibited and found himself crawling on the ground like an animal for 7years.

1 Like

Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Yommyuk: is the above your fighting your battle on your knees? if it is, you will lose, each time except if God wanted you to win.

not jesus, but God.

if you want success, you effort it yourself, with hope in and prayer to God.

not all club wife will be jezebbel as you called them. the non club wife may become a worse jezebbel, if you don't meet her demands. efforts, man.

a man wrongly accused will tell his lawyer he didn't do it. insist to take the stand and get cross examined by the prosecutor. he goes to the law library and researches. he gives alibi of time line. that effort is not on the knees. it is standing up.

the student who prays without studying will fail. that is on your knees. when he studies and prays, God will reward him for efforts and make him remember where the answers are. thats not on your knees.

daniel was a prophet. so God protected him. unlike jesus who God did not protect; maybe because from the bibles he failed the test of prophet-hood [i am a muslim. i know God protected him and did not let his enemies overcome him. i am just making yommyuk to see his fault].

if there is no effort with prayer [being on your knees], the result is almost always failure. if there is effort off and on your knees because remembrance of God is not when you are on your knees, alone [always as often you must be conscious of God], the result is rarely a failure.

if an ordinary man if faced by a pride of lions, if he shows fire and lights the brush/bush/grasses, the lions will flee. if he has a gun, he must shoot. thats not fighting on your knees. thats standing up and making effort appropriately, with hope of success from God.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by mabell: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2011
@poster,
Apart from fighting on your knees, you can also praise God on your knees with hands lifted up and words of praise pouring out of your spirit
Oh! What a place to be.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
mabell:

@poster,
Apart from fighting on your knees, you can also praise God on your knees with hands lifted up and words of praise pouring out of your spirit
Oh! What a place to be.

Just like David.

God bless wink
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Sweetnecta

U seem to be a very angry person.
Softly Softly Oh. cheesy

I learnt that it rained in nigeria. Abi u still dey morrocco? grin
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Sweetnecta: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
i wish i am in morocco. lots of family friends there.

but when you are lying and i challenge you about, you immediately account it to my being angry. you still dey lie oh.
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by yommyuk: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

i wish i am in morocco. lots of family friends there.

but when you are lying and[b] i challenge you [/b] about, you immediately account it to my being angry. you still dey lie oh.

Typical Islamic mindset.

Go sleep I beg angry
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by Eben2: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hello brethren, lets have a look at "A Call Of Faith" cos without faith we cannot please God and how can He answer our prayer if we cant please him.

Reading from Rom 4:17
"As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were"

God has a time for every event under the sun. But sometimes, He may have to hasten certain things before the appointed time or extend certain divine deadlines usually due to an act of faith. Faith is so powerful that if you know how to operate it, you can almost always have your way. As a result of faith, Hezekiah, solemnly protesting God's due date, he got an additional 15 years! Do u have such faith that can move God's hand?

An understanding of God and timing shows that He calls non-existent things into manifestation by addressing them as though they already existed. You are created in God's image. You too can begin to call yourself the mother of specific children with specific names if you have been trusting God for the fruit of the womb.

If you are ready to call up your desired future, God is ready to give life to it. When Jesus called up Lazarus's corpse, God gave life to it. When God called up Sarah's dead womb, it received life. What is that dead, dying or impossible situation confronting you? Call it to life by faith, and experience the power of transformation. God will not quicken anytng you have left for dead but those things for whcich you sincerely desire life.

Remenber Jesus said: if you have faith like the grain of mustad seed, you will tell any mountain in ur life to move and it will obey you!
Re: Fight Your Battles On Your Knees by trekkie: 1:35am On Jul 26, 2011

(1) (Reply)

How Victorious Army Pastor Joseph Agboli And Wife Defraud Church Members / .. / Is It Good To Play Sport Betting During Fasting Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.