Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy (42173 Views)

Help Me: With A Budget Of N46000, What Phone Should I Buy??? / What Phone Or Phones Were you Using Ten(10) Years Ago?? / What Phone Are You Currently Using And Why Do You Recommend It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Eriokanmi: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2022
Samsung is a goal any day. Not because of cost as you know that S20 you listed is more expensive than some iphones. I use the S21. Its more business friendly than the iPhone. Maybe that's why I prefer it as a businessman.

But why not buy a complete package over there from any of the network providers? It's cheaper and comes with a sim and flexible pay plans. My advice
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by frankfrank(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:
A friend is selling this thinking of buying it he said 160k iphone Xsmax

Should I go for it?

Disgusting nails

However, buy a phone either Samsung or IPhone all then china and co phones will not work here. Then I will recommend you go for sim only, monthly plan, the edge here is that you will have free international text.
This are names of some of the carriers; lucky mobile, Kudo, Public mobile, pcmobile and many more. As you settle in you can now choose a suitable plan that will work for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by chatinent: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2022
DamianX:
Why are you coming to Canada?.
Person no fit just run far away from una peacefully just Dy alone.

Lol. Canada wey Nigerians full normal normal? Where you dey for Canada?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by deltaprincess(f): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:
Hi everyone, so I would be relocating soon Abroad .

I just need a little advise, a little confused

I currently use an Infinix Note 7 and I've been told the phone won't do me good when I travel I'm looking at buying either an;

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Would appreciate your humble and honest feedback.

Country is Canada.

What phone should I get please, I'm looking at buying it Soon

Iphone 11
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

I'm scared of doing a package and being in debt from the get go , once I get there and also feel it would be cheaper here compared to there too.
Many of the phones here are blacklisted there and won’t work with any carrier. When you get there you buy a phone and pay with a plan.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by mfm04622: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:
Modified

My sister is saying when I travel I should do a package plan and get an Iphone 13 , I would be paying 50$ monthly.

Which is the best option for me right now please.

If your sister is in Canada, better listen to her

1 Like

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by InvertedHammer: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

I currently use an Infinix Note 7 and I've been told the phone won't do me good when I travel I'm looking at buying either an;

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

/
Don't waste money buying any phone.

Telecommunication deals abroad are not the same as in Nigeria. Most of the deals come with phones locked to the carriers with monthly plans. That's why you hear about "unlocking" of phones. There is a 99% chance that you won't use the phone you buy in Nigeria.

/

3 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by DamianX: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2022
chatinent:

Lol. Canada wey Nigerians full normal normal? Where you dey for Canada?

It's quite annoying because it feels like a mini Nigeria but glad it is so big so we no go Dy perceive each other mouth odour.
Manitoba and you
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Lightway: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

Lol... English language hard oo.. Guy, I will be going to the UK. I have millions for my personal expenses, tuition etc, does that mean I have money to waste on another phone called IPhone 13?

These things are relative. Just Peter Obi telling you he cannot afford bla bla bla doesn't mean he cannot buy it, but the money is set aside for other things.

You have millions saved and if you take out 600k to buy iPhone 13, it will shorten your budget....this means you're probably going to UK on your last funds.... You cant afford the iPhone.... You don't have money for it... Nothing is relative.

Let's see how you survive in the UK
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Arysexy(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2022
So u wan escape this Tinubu, Atiku God forsaken country?

Try Peter Obi and you will return in 2months to enjoy Nigeria
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by chatinent: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2022
At least, cut your finger nails before you reach Canada, bro. Don't spoil our image more.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Konjiboii: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2022
Your body just dey totori you na, you are going to obodo oyibo so you wan spend the whole naira for your akant.

Do well.

Make I send you aza.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Funflipper: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

Why buy a phone when you are relocating abroad soon? The bandwith may end up not being compatible with the available network. You are better off buying a monthly or prepaid plan which comes with any phone of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Olumyyde(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

Oh wow I'm a Guy, was looking at the XsMax cause of it's size like big phones and the XsMax is bigger than the iphone 11.

I'm a long android user but I want to join the Apple world now , since I'm moving it's a new beginning for me.
Exactly! For a dude, xsmax it is.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by bigtt76(f): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2022
When you get there first. Their network does not support all network bands so beware cheesy

Realteeyee123:

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by chatinent: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2022
DamianX:

It's quite annoying because it feels like a mini Nigeria but glad it is so big so we no go Dy perceive each other mouth odour.
Manitoba and you
I'm not in Canada, chief.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by gnykelly(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:
Your candid advice would be appreciated

Buy Xsmas most of your communication with every strata of that society will be done online.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Konjiboii: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:
A friend is selling this thinking of buying it he said 160k iphone Xsmax

Should I go for it?

Ewww see nails, are you a werewolf or a zombie? Better cut those rubbish before you board flight, no go disgrace us and your parents. Na this kin thing dem go use call you aside to frisk you for drugs.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Johel(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

iPhone Xsmax
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by twilliamx(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2022
All of the above
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Ernesthugo(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2022
THIS
Realteeyee123:
Modified

My sister is saying when I travel I should do a package plan and get an Iphone 13 , I would be paying 50$ monthly.

Which is the best option for me right now please.
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Frankgbn: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Don't buy any phone before coming to Canada. Buying or financing a phone here in Canada is better. There are lots of reasons but the important ones include; You can start building your Credit Score(Almost everything about your life here in Canada revolves around your credit score) when you finance a phone with prompt monthly payments, You can easily upgrade to newer phone models of the phone that you are using without financial strain and lastly, if the province you are heading to is Alberta, i will suggest getting a Samsung. Speaking from experience, the extreme cold weather in Alberta is NOT good for iPhones especially when you are going to be using the public transport system ( My iPhone battery got drained all the time whenever i was in the cold for more than 45mins). If you are getting a car when you arrive, you can finance any phone type you want.
Realteeyee123:

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by MartinsD12(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2022
Realteeyee123:

Iphone 11
Iphone Xsmax or a
Samsung Galaxy S20

Country is Canada.

Get to abroad first , they sell phones there , they know better than us here in nairaland we are not abroad here , those people in Canada knows this should not be a problem, someone is going abroad na phone dey disturb am
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by LIGHTROOM: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2022
Go for Canadian-6-air-promax, it will serve you better
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by frankfrank(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2022
grossintel:
Many of the phones here are blacklisted there and won’t work with any carrier. When you get there you buy a phone and pay with a plan.

Which of the phones are blacklist,
Samsung or Iphones?

Where do you get your information from
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by gnykelly(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2022
DamianX:
Why are you coming to Canada?.
Person no fit just run far away from una peacefully just Dy alone.

Why are you so evil...you think others should not come over since you are there. Guys like you secretly wish the border should be closed thinking if others come your opportunity will be limited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by IamSolopy(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2022
Congratulations �

God no forget me too ooo ���

1 Like

Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by MartinsD12(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2022
Bar1941:
What a senseless topic? What did the phone you use has to do with your relocation or are you trying to show off? Instead of planning on adding values to yourself by learning skills you are asking poo question. Mind you, you can, you can get any phone of your choice even with zero dollar down payment while in Canada so why the stres?
Very senseless topic honestly
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by DamianX: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2022
gnykelly:

Why are you so evil...you think others should not come over since you are there. Guys like you secretly wish the border should be closed thinking if others come your opportunity will be limited.

Yes they can go into the Atlantic or the artic.
I came here for the peace and not Nigerians. They should go fix their country instead of running away
Re: Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2022
frankfrank:

Which of the phones are blacklist,
Samsung or Iphones?

Where do you get your information from
Both Samsung and iPhone. I buy phones and Latops from sites like eBay and offerup and you will see a lot of blacklisted phones for cheap there. Even my iPhone has blacklisted status so it can’t work with any carrier over there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cubot Dinosaur 4g Lte, 3gb, 16gb, 5.5", 4150mah / How Are You Holding Your Phone Right Now? / Photos: Checkout The Phones That Were In Use 10 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.