Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) (61945 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by dogmart(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2022
seunayantokun:
No matter what, she didn't deserve a swollen face, a red eye, and a ball-out eye given her for that matter. I pray she gets justice.

Very true. She didnt deserve a swollen face.
I just hope she didn't throw the first punch or blow. Cus If she did, sorry is her case o. Police are humans.

Yes we have ruthless indisciplined ones among them, but we also have good ones.
Even if you hit a good one be rest assured u will most likely get hit back. It will be tagged "Self defence"

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Highlandgee: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Highlandgee:
Nigerian woman, Sarah Soyemi brutalized by Ontario police officers outside mall

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/116318751079669/posts/pfbid0uVxF6Rnm8YpNiVAQsT5AVCk4H445TLgQPpg4TYAkqVDTSoHCsoVjQucCAHQmvz3Dl/

Read more news about Nigerians abroad on Afrotimes Newspaper https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Blastedholligan: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Just look at. Imagine! Chai.

Well, Yellowcard for Bitcoin and USDT while Binance for other coins

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Ayomide111dan2: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Do you love movies ���

You are in luck �

Click on the link below to join the telegram channel for latest movies ���

https:///Sparktv11

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Awoleesu(m): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Meme loading...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by nkemoma(m): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
Malory:
Talk anyhow and collect anyhow

In this scenario comrade, it is talk anyhow and see anyhow...

Her eyes see wotorwoto

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by RaptorX: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2022
CandidNotes:
shocked Canada is better than where? Please don't mislead people. You people should go on YouTube and read the comments on hundreds of videos titled "Why Immigrants are Leaving Canada."

I have watched those videos on how expensive and hard life in Canada truly is and read the comments. So cannot reconcile them with the comments you see here on NL, with people saying they know someone who is earning 5 million monthly and resign to go to Canada or they will resign and move to Canada no matter the amount they are earning in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ThePlugg(m): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2022
Maybe being a Nigerian have its own fragrance on Nigerians. .... imagine just seeing you and charging at you..... nawaoo
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Dearlord(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2022
Is this how your eyes will be when you get to Toronto?
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Highlandgee: 11:38am On Jun 04, 2022
blank:

I know the full story. She's been banned from coming to that mall but came there and was harassing people in a pharmacy to buy her tea. They reported and those ones called police. Police asked her to leave and she refused. Female police officer grabbed her by the hand and insisted she left. She grabbed the woman's hair and started a fight. That's how she got a swollen eye.

She's been going round joining some Nigerian WhatsApp groups and everyone has been condemning her attitude and her for fighting. She's trying to raise money but no one is giving enough.

She comes across as very aggressive and combative and is still going back to the same mall that she's been banned from.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ccollins(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2022
victorv12:

You're a fool! Can you tell us how a trouble maker looks like? No matter what, no officer is meant to treat a black woman in this manner. In your life, have you heard about any police in Africa beating up a white woman?! Why is it that we are used to accepting shit? They should have arrested her instead than to beat her up. Assuming she is your sister, you won't be saying the thrash you're saying.

See how you degrade your own sister simply by her look. Fvck you!

whites in Nigeria are actually even more law abiding than so called Nigerians

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2022
God1000:
Too bad, why assaulting a woman over baseless and unfounded accusations.

This is a rare incident sha, at least Canada is better than some western countries when it comes to racism

The stupid officers that brutalized her should be arrested and prosecuted

If it was the US, she might be in a bodybag right now.
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by tarantino1: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2022
CandidNotes:
shocked Canada is better than where? Please don't mislead people. You people should go on YouTube and read the comments on hundreds of videos titled "Why Immigrants are Leaving Canada."

I've been watching YouTube videos like that qfor 3 years plus now. Those Nigerians in Canada are depressed. I don tire to watch them.

Canada ranks the lowest for me in terms of western countries to migrate to.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Malory: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2022
nkemoma:

In this scenario comrade, it is talk anyhow and see anyhow...

Her eyes see wotorwoto
grin
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by seunayantokun(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2022
dogmart:

Very true. She didnt deserve a swollen face.
I just hope she didn't throw the first punch or blow. Cus If she did, sorry is her case o. Police are humans.

Yes we have ruthless indisciplined ones among them, but we also have good ones.
Even if you hit a good one be rest assured u will most likely get hit back. It will be tagged "Self defence"
Yeah. I hope she didn't start it.
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Reference(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2022
tarantino1:

I've been watching YouTube videos like that qfor 3 years plus now. Those Nigerians in Canada are depressed. I don tire to watch them.

Canada ranks the lowest for me in terms of western countries to migrate to.

Value doesn't reside in locations but in people.
Locations only enhance or depress value, they do not create or destroy values.
A cow relocating from Nigeria where it is chased from eating up one farm to another for years will not become a horse when it gets to the US and is tied to a paddock and fed GM soya and 'vitamins'.... grin
It will only become a fat cow.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ccollins(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2022
dogmart:

And you are so sure that everything she said was exactly 100% correct. Are you just knowing humans?
U mean police just jumped down from their vehicle and start beating u up in front of a mall.
I won't believe that even if it were Nigeria.
in Nigeria, it’s very possible. U forgot sars atrocities quickly. Nigeria is not really a democratic country

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ccollins(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2022
jclassiq:
A single mother is trying to raise some money legitimately to feed her kids and the police in Canada decide to harass her.

What for ? Disturbing the peace? Or what exactly? I'm thinking.

I don't believe the same police would swoop in on a white female if she did the same.
don’t go against the law because of sentiments

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2022
jclassiq:
A single mother is trying to raise some money legitimately to feed her kids and the police in Canada decide to harass her.

What for ? Disturbing the peace? Or what exactly? I'm thinking.

I don't believe the same police would swoop in on a white female if she did the same.
Bro it's not Nigeria where you can hawk at every nook and cranny. I don't believe the story because the woman has already lied from the onset. Maybe CCTV footage and eyewitnesses can throw more light on the case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Emmanuel909090: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2022
Huh shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ccollins(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2022
Legendoo:
Lol even in sane climes grin

She dey sell tea like agbero for mall. Na her type go come nairaland dey disturb people with abroad nonsense , talking about good roads etc. Lol

The ones wey dey naija no like the truth, say abroad hard die .

Oh , yes racism is brutal and everywhere and most times it's unprovoked. Even your ordinary abroad mechanic go dey over bill you because you're black.
rubbish. U just woke up and spew this garbage to make Nigeria look better lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Highlandgee: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2022
ccollins:
whites in Nigeria are actually even more law abiding than so called Nigerians

God bless you! don't mind those saying she did nothing and received the beating.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Igbojew: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2022
Highlandgee:
Nigerian woman, Sarah Soyemi brutalized by Ontario police officers outside mall

https://www.facebook.com/116318751079669/posts/pfbid0uVxF6Rnm8YpNiVAQsT5AVCk4H445TLgQPpg4TYAkqVDTSoHCsoVjQucCAHQmvz3Dl/
See them,our sophisticated and Agbo seller people from South West,always disgracing Nigeria whenever country they found themselves.She carried drug to Canada to sell claiming she was selling tea but thank G-d Canadian Police dealt with her and she must be lock inside prison ASAP.......I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by RepoMan007: 11:51am On Jun 04, 2022
If the supermarket owners don't want here sharing their customer, she should amicably leave that spot and look for another busy spot to sell her detox tea. It is toxic to be a nuisance and no amount of detox tea can fix that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by NaijaCars4sale: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2022
This needs to be investigated asap
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by ccollins(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2022
SeriouslySense:
She took Nigeria with her. Since i don't really know what happened, let be just be silent. It's a bit difficult to really know what happened, because she did not describe what she was told initially.

According to Soyemi, she was in the White Oaks Mall parking lot talking to people about the tea she sells as an independent contractor when she was approached by a security guard.

Soyemi said she told the guard she planned to leave within an hour.

A London police news release issued May 11, a day after the incident, says an officer had approached the woman and she "refused to leave when directed. When the officer advised the woman that she was under arrest for trespassing, she resisted arrest and became combative with police."

The release says more officers were dispatched to help, and at that time "the suspect continued to assault the officer and resist arrest."
"Both the officer and the suspect sustained minor injuries," it says.

"[The female officer] came out of the van and charged at me. She didn't have any conversation, I didn't get to see who she was — she just came right out of the van and tried to hold on to me."

thank you for enlightening ignorant folks on nairaland; as if I knew she was lying although didn’t have substantial information earlier.she wants to use that nonsense Nigerian sense that people in Lagos use especially to claim that they are innocent and that it was their opponent who came to look for their trouble, even when they know that they were the aggressor. She didn’t even respect the police. U think it’s in Nigeria where people disrespect police, teachers,doctors and other professionals who are the builders of civilization

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by HISWAYS(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2022
It's a pity..I pray she recovers without issues with that eye.
The incident happened in London...NOT Canada.. Canadian Police are well trained and polite.
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2022
God1000:
Too bad, why assaulting a woman over baseless and unfounded accusations.

This is a rare incident sha, at least Canada is better than some western countries when it comes to racism

The stupid officers that brutalized her should be arrested and prosecuted

Listen to the other party, never you judge with one side story

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Igbojew: 11:56am On Jun 04, 2022
Newphiligeek123:
She looks like a trouble maker though grin
Ofcourse she is a trouble maker.This is how they bring bad names to Nigeria in any country they reside both their male and female and they will be claiming sophisticated.Am sure that Detox Tea is a concotion that was mixed with human skull her people sent to her..........I am that Igbojew

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by Foreigna2: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2022
jclassiq:

The post said "parking lot" instead. And it is not like she put her wares on public display like market people do. Since when is it a crime to approach people and show them something you sell?

Somebody educate me. I know the only they will say is she is disturbing people or sth like that. Other than that, nothing else i can think of.

Soliciting is an offence in some areas. They believe if people need something, they know where to buy it.
Collecting financial assistance from the government and hawking tea in unauthorised places. That is what she left Naija to be doing there.
The disregard for law and commonsense a lot of people practice in Nigeria is not tolerated elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by dfrost: 11:59am On Jun 04, 2022
Malory:
Talk anyhow and collect anyhow

Talk anyhow and SEE anyhow cheesy
Re: Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo) by thermolady: 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Sarah Soyemi and a single mother I'm not surprised one bit, spits.

Do not demonize any single mother if you do not know her story: besides, that could be your sister or daughter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.