Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? (497 Views)

DSS Accuses Tukur Mamu Of Supporting Local, International Terrorist Groups / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells / Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Kingspin(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Peter Obi, is a formal governor of Anambra. As a business and politician, he was also a vice-presidential candidate for Atiku in the 2019 general election under PDP. On 27 May 2022, Peter Obi declared his intention to run for the position of President of Nigeria on the platform of the Labour Party. He won the presidential candidate under the Party and many of his supporters moved to join him in Labour Party.

And to say nobody can doubt Obi's competence for the top job even among candidates in both APC and PDP. He is a top contender base on his credentials and background which has nothing to do with where he came from.
The man is just ok with little to tarnish his image unlike many politicians in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, some Nigerians have now twisted Obi's candidates ever since he withdrew from PDP to Labour Party.
I have observed ever since Obi moved to Labour Party everything escalated.
Obi this, Obi that, his followers this and that.
Is it a subconscious war against his candidacy? Or something more which one can not touch but say about Nigerians? If Peter Obi is the APC or PDP sole candidate, would people say the same thing today?

What exactly have Obi's supporters done that has never been done in Nigeria? What is the real sin of Obi supporters?
That compelled some people to talk about less of other candidates than Obi.
In the 2015 general election, social media was key to Buhari's campaign that they have to employ a foreigner as a consultant. The APC supporters were everywhere online and offline.
I hardly hear people saying Obi is not qualified or cannot do the job.

Among the various candidates, my three top candidates are Obi, Atiku and Osibanjo.
Obi supporters don't have PVCs, ( We encourage all Nigerians to get their PVC ready.)
But don't put the whole blame on Obi or his supporters. After all, consensus wins elections more than anything.
In this country, candidates soaked the blood of monkeys and they still won the election.

While we denounce the candidate let's take a comprehensive look at every aspirant one by one as Nigeria cannot afford another mistake in 2023. Instead of defacing the man or his popularity why not give all the candidates a flat platform to tell Nigeria what and how they will move the nation forward?
There is no way Osibanjo, Atiku or Obi contest will not be a massive election.
The Nigerian political system is changing. APC or PDP, we are moving to more substantial politics.
And It is a step in the right direction for Nigerian democracy. If Labour Party did not make it this time, maybe next time.
So let's encourage more democracy for the right candidate, which is a win-win for all Nigerians.

By the grace of God, in 2023, I am going to vote for a credible candidate, not the sentiment of Nigerian politics.
#Get your PVC#

4 Likes

Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by successmatters(m): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
Peter obi can be elected but it is not in his hands alone.his supporters have more to do if their man will carry the day in likely hostile election.
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by chinjo(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
The time for Igbo presidency has not yet come. All those clamoring for power to shift to the south are doing it for their own selfish interest. Tinubu and his minions are shouting for power to return to the south because they want Tinubu to become president. The task before us now is to rescue Nigeria from the demonic claws of APC then subsequently, an Igbo candidate will definitely emerge under PDP. The first step towards achiving an Igbo presidency is for the igbos to work hard to support the vice Presidential candidate that Atiku will choose. The president said it clearly during his maiden interview that he can not treat the igbos as he would treat other parts of the country. This he has demonstrated by his lopsided appointments. There is a popular saying that if you can not get the head of a cow, you will manage the tail with the hope that one day, you will get the head.
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by r4bbit: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
I will keep saying it.
obi is a qualified candidate,but most of his supporters are toxic and sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Kingspin(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
r4bbit:
I will keep saying it.
obi is a qualified candidate,but most of his supporters are toxic and sentimental.
What toxic? Are they toxic than the rest of the country, North and South?
How are they toxic?
I know how much noise APC made on Buhari, today how far?

That I support Osinbajo and Atiku. Is that toxic and sentiment?
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by r4bbit: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingspin:
What toxic? Are they toxic than the rest of the God? How?
I know I much noise APC made on Buhari, today how far?

That I support Osinbajo and Atiku. Is that toxic and sentiment?

Did you even read what you wrote?
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Kingspin(m): 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
r4bbit:

Did you even read what you wrote?
What do you mean by they are toxic and sentimental?
Tell us what exactly you mean?
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by r4bbit: 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingspin:
Tell us what exactly you mean ?
it's very straight forward! Peter Obi is over qualified. but Most of his supporters are toxic and sentimental!
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Kingspin(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
r4bbit:

it's very straight forward!
Peter Obi is over qualified.
but most of his supporters are toxic and sentimental!

The same to all candidates and supporters across Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by r4bbit: 11:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kingspin:
The same to all candidates and supporters across Nigeria.
lol,take note of this statement
"peter obi or else power goes back to the north "
It's sounds like a blackmail,
When his supporters stop making the situation look tribalistic.
others will feel more comfortable to support him.

the southeast alone cannot hep him win the Presidential election •and take note "buhari is actually counting on this "(i dont have time to explain what i think his game plan is but i will give you a hint "it has something to the do with mnk being in prison)

Apc are putting their game theory into play.
and you're making enemies off your friends
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Kingspin(m): 12:02am On Jun 04, 2022
r4bbit:

lol,take note of this statement
"peter obi or else power goes back to the north "
It's sounds like a blackmail,
When his supporters stop making the situation look tribalistic.
others will feel more comfortable to support him.

the southeast alone cannot hep him win the Presidential election •and take note "buhari is actually counting on this "(i dont have time to explain what i think his game plan is but i will give you a hint "it has something to the do with mnk being in prison)

Apc are putting their game theory into play.
and you're making enemies of your friends

think.
and get your bloody PVC.
It is the order way round. Subconsciously some Nigerians are reminding the rest of the country where Peter Obi came from not minding this strong qualification yet they expect people like Tinubu to face Obi. Give us a brighter candidate and see.
One of the main reasons people are banking on Peter OBI is that he is qualified. if you bring Willie Obiano recent past governor of Anambra the man will fail, I guarantee you that.
The East rejected Buhari not because of APC.

So let's talk about what each candidate can bring to the table.
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by r4bbit: 12:20am On Jun 04, 2022
Kingspin:
It is the order way round. Subconsciously some Nigerians are remaining the rest of the country where Peter Obi came from not minding this strong qualification yet they expect people like Tinubu to face Obi. Give us a brighter candidate and see.
One of the main reasons people are banking on Peter OBI is that he is qualified. if you bring Willie Obiano recent past governor of Anambra the man will fail, I guarantee you that.
The East rejected Buhari not because of APC.

So let's talk about what each candidate can bring to the table.
Ofcus deh will mind where he came from! especially when their tribesman is also contesting. its nw your job to make it easier for them to stop minding it and support you.

and when doing that mind your words so that you don't end up chasing them away.
who wouldn't want a good leadership. but trust must come first
Re: Who's Afraid Of Supporting Peter Obi? by Foolishbuhari: 12:31am On Jun 04, 2022
chinjo:
The time for Igbo presidency has not yet come. All those clamoring for power to shift to the south are doing it for their own selfish interest. Tinubu and his minions are shouting for power to return to the south because they want Tinubu to become president. The task before us now is to rescue Nigeria from the demonic claws of APC then subsequently, an Igbo candidate will definitely emerge under PDP. The first step towards achiving an Igbo presidency is for the igbos to work hard to support the vice Presidential candidate that Atiku will choose. The president said it clearly during his maiden interview that he can not treat the igbos as he would treat other parts of the country. This he has demonstrated by his lopsided appointments. There is a popular saying that if you can not get the head of a cow, you will manage the tail with the hope that one day, you will get the head.
Campaign for your Atiku in peace!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Chairman Announces Ahmed Lawan As Consensus Candidate / Fr Mbaka Adoration Centre Officially Closed Down Indefinitely Over Obi Comments / 2023: Battle Between 3 Tribalists And A Nationalist For The Soul Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.