Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri (42541 Views)

Rema Fires Back At Those Mocking His 'Dumebi' Video / Bolanle Olukanni Slams Those Mocking Oge Okoye For Visiting Resurrection Pastor / Ifu Ennada Calls Out OAP Dotun For Mocking Her, he replis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Edge247: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2022
I lived and Schooled in Owerri, Mercy Eke Fires back at those that mocking her accent,

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbJ4xWFUwg

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeXsK3UAdfl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by LesbianBoy(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2022
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Enwhen(m): 8:28am On Jun 04, 2022
Mercy no mind then not, na Baba Tinubu cause am

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by heydays: 8:33am On Jun 04, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2022
Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English

256 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2022
Just be yourself dear. Rapu ndi imi

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

Good ebening

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Good ebening

grin grin grin you are an Arsenal fan like myself to have known who says Good ebening to the press and players.

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

grin grin grin you are an Arsenal fan like myself to have known who says Good ebening to the press and players.

Lol,,, me na Chelsea o but we are always close to our neighbours

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry
what do you mean its not true, is English ronaldo first language?? Even his Spanish has a strong Portuguese accent talkless of his English, same with Jose mourinho his Italian and English has strong Portuguese accent in them

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:
zidane doesn't speak English atall

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Kobicove(m): 11:39am On Jun 04, 2022
Having an accent is not something to be ashamed of undecided

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
zidane doesn't speak English atall

Zidane speaks English but he makes Carlo Ancelotti English look QUEENS cool

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Foreigna2: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

They are all from countries where English is not their official language.
English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

They are all from countries where English is not their official language.
English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.

She speaks the common English. Your expectations are just high from her being a celebrity..

Thierry Henry is from same country as Zidane yet he speaks English well.... please don't tell me he stayed in Arsenal for so many years...he came to Arsenal when he was already good with English words

Pierre Aubameyang was born in France, a Gabon national, he never played for any English side until arsenal, have you heard him speak in English?

Olivier Giroud same thing....

63 Likes

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

Zidane speaks English but he make Carlo Ancelotti English look QUEENS cool
zidane doesn't speak English oga,show me any interview he did in his supposed "bad english" undecided
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Foreigna2: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

She speaks the common English. Your expectations are just high from her being a celebrity..

Thierry Henry is from same country as Zidane yet he speaks English well.... please don't tell me he stayed in Arsenal for so many years...he came to Arsenal when he was already good with English words

Pierre Aubameyang was born in France, a Gabon national, he never played for any English side until arsenal, have you heard him speak in English?

Olivier Giroud same thing....

My expectations aren't high from her, they are basic educational standards which she can't meet. Have you heard Akpabio speak? Or Nse Ikpe Etim? They both have accents but they speak proper English.
You listed people from French-speaking countries as standards in English. Is English their lingua-franca there? No. They probably learnt English as adults. Mercy learnt English from primary school, English is her lingua-franca and she still speaks like an okpa hawker. Her supposed education can not even show in her speech or thought process.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
zidane doesn't speak English oga,show me any interview he did in his supposed "bad english" undecided

Chief, Zidane speaks 5 international languages and English is the poorest of them all..

Don't argue what you know not about..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Brainjotting: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Even though I will admit that her accent doesn't match her looks, but to mock her about it is a no no, no body is perfect.

I write business plans/proposals for people at affordable price

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by opalu: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
These noise.makers have come with their imm.oral shows.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by SegunBABA007(m): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Holluwatarhyor(m): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
One major thing in this life is that you should live your life as long as you ain't hurting anyone.....stop seeking validation from people on how to live your life....just fear God in all your ways....lobatan

I'm a civil engineer and into building construction.....you can contact me if you are in need of a professional to handle your building projects

9 Likes

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Don't mind them trolls gurl.

All internet trolls : FvckAllYall

Malory:
She is good in bed too
Are you, are you, are you normal
Collectii.....

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by H2ho(m): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
How much to blow this chick? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Rebuke: 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Smh. Yhu people just like talking rubbish, who ever says yhur opinions matter though.

If she was forming accent in the name of being a celebrity now, yhu people will still be asking where she got the accent from, and even calling her fake.

I remember one particular celebrity yhu people were tearing apart here some time ago because he was speaking like a non Nigerian.

Everytime I meet some set of new people, there's always this funny look or reaction when I speak. They think I am forming accent, this is just me doing my thing. Even when I speak pidgin, the reaction is always funny.

There's this particular lady, a judge on AGT, she is an actress, she speaks english like Spanish and no one ever raised an eyebrow......

Why should an accent be an issue? So long as she speaks good english then it's ok.

Unfortunately, some of yhu jobless internet judges will always have something to say. Abeg make una carry una mumu commot for here jaw.

For the record, ain't a fan of any of these celebrities, I just hate rubbish.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by SugarGirl44(f): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
Thank God for SW in you and your people's lives, if not who for sabi your papa. You would have remained the local champion that you are.

But unfortunately, instead of you guys to be grateful to us for getting them close to civilization, they still run their mouths around.

Mention me and I'll send you back home, shebi una no dey like hear truth.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

Chief, Zidane speaks 5 international languages and English is the poorest of them all..

Don't argue what you know not about..
oga I am saying zidane doesn't speak any English even if its a poor one! he doesn't have any history in any English country ,he hasn't coached or played in England so English is not among any of his languages. So there's nothing like zidane speaks poor English,it's just like me saying you speak poor Spanish, does it make any sense?

7 Likes

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by jrusky(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello Mercy you accent is poor accept it and work on it. Ronaldo was never from English speaking country so his case is far different from yours case born, bread and school in English speaking enironment.

Are you sure you actually went to university?

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by KenjiOfficial: 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Who's this one..? Mgbeeke feeling important � Go and sit down somewhere joor.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Comedian Crazyclown Receives Mercedes E-class As Wedding Gift / "I Will Pay Your Bride Price Again" - Mercy Johnson's Husband Gushes Over Her / Tiwa Savage Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Female Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.