Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? (1247 Views)

How Can I View Excel Spreadsheet Added On S Drive / Important Feautures That Should Be Added To Nairaland (seun) / Announcing! The New Features Of Dell Inspiron 15.6" Touch-screen Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2022
So, I am software programmer who happens to be building a forum software similar to nairaland, being one of the few people who watched nairaland grow from using simple machines software to what it currently is, I understand it lacks certain features that you might need

So far, I have the following features on my list

1. Blocking
allow members to block certain members from mentioning and following them

2. Messaging
allow members to message themselves without need of exchanging emails

3. Wallet
allow members to fund their wallet via paystack to run advertisements

Add yours

Modified:

4. Customized Frontpage
threads will still be pushed to the frontpage by moderators but members can choose to exclude seeing threads from sections they don't like, this way it makes the frontpage be more of what a member is interested in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by siofra(f): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2022
Paedophile ban feature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Haynnie: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2022
siofra:
Paedophile ban feature.

This comment screams the opposite gender undecided
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by OceanEye: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2022
Smile, laughter, sad, love and likes feature just like Facebook. Would be so interesting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by abcee(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2022
3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by MadamVanessa(f): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2022
shocked

May we never be like nairaland that never upgrade since it inception.

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by sekundosekundo: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2022
Don't force me to an oath before I should be allowed to comment on Islamic posts.
THIS IS WICKEDNESS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2022
siofra:
Paedophile ban feature.
Nairaland already has a ban feature, members can get banned from accessing a section of the forum as well as a global ban feature which locks out spammers completely from logging in
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2022
Restricted post aka Islam for Muslim post to stop making FP

Upgraded Smileys to express feelings easily.

That's all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Lilsameey: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2022
Voice note
Block button
Story
Proper and tense screening for peeps that want to register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by EmzyT: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:

1. BLOCKING

You see this particular feature ehn? The day it'll be added to Nairaland ehn, I'll do a massive giveaway that day!

The truck-load of Idiots I would block on this forum from seeing their posts/comments would've been overwhelming!

Mr. Seun, Adhere to this advice please, It would do alot of us good.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

May we never be like nairaland that never upgrade since it inception.
Old and still strong, Nairaland still got my respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Restricted post aka Islam for Muslim post to stop making FP

Upgraded Smileys to express feelings easily.

That's all

What do you even mean by Islam for Muslim post to stop Makin fp?
But Christian for Christian post can make fp right? undecided

Ain't that biased and intolerant? undecided

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Haynnie: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2022
Live sessions. Having that feature for group interaction or for ads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by siofra(f): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:

Nairaland already has a ban feature, members can get banned from accessing a section of the forum as well as a global ban feature which locks out spammers completely from logging in

A special one for paedophiles.

@yankeecoder

You can also add a feature that allows users to add videos directly to the website like 4chan without making the site bulky or slow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2022
siofra:

A special one for paedophiles.
And wannabe redpillers/women haters.. grin
Ooh I almost forgot..they fall in the same category.. grin

Lest I forget..rape apologists too.. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Bias is when Christian threads makes FP and everyone irrespective of their religion or philosophy can comment and input their thoughts without taking an oath.

But Islam for Muslim threads which are restricted makes FP and we must sign away our souls before talking.... Is that not injustice?

It's crazy that the Christains can feel my deist wrath and questioning but the Muslims can't.

4 Likes

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Haynnie: 9:57am On Jun 04, 2022
Disapprove any blogger post that has a link with an erotic/unethical subject topic that has to do with click bait lipsrsealed

Oh I guess that should be the work of a mod grin

Abeg add a feature that can filter useless posts before it makes it to FP

3 Likes

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Bias is when Christian threads makes FP and everyone irrespective of their religion can comment and talk without taking an oath. But Islam for Muslim threads which are restricted makes FP and we must sign away our souls before talking....

I kinda support the oath at least that's gonna limit y'all Christians intolerance online..
Not until I'd**tic Christians stop spamming and insulting the Muslims whenever they create a thread and it makes fp(which is only Friday)

Y'all be cursing them and calling em terrorist and other derogatory words.. insulting them without being logical in y'all words..but when an atheist does the same thing on a Christian thread y'all go crazy and start wishing that fellow death..so you have to deal with the oath or don't bother commenting on a Muslim thread.. undecided undecided
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by ThatrealestApex: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:
So, I am software programmer who happens to be building a forum software similar to nairaland, being one of the few people's who watched nairaland grow from using simple machines software to what it is currently is, I understand it lacks certain features that you might need

So far, I have the following features on my list

1. Blocking

2. Messaging
allow members to message themselves without need of exchanging emails

3. Wallet
allow members to fund their wallet via paystack to run advertisements

Add yours

You have some good points bro. Even though I know the mods would never push this thread to front page grin
Btw, can you teach me programming bro? I'm very willing to learn embarassed embarassed
I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you embarassed
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by obiekunie01: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

oga!

islam posts require you to swear an oat to allah(pissmessbeupontheidiot!).
therefore since that section is not free for all nairalanders to comment, no posts from that section should be on the frontpage.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by DamianX: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2022
Nothing can upgrade since ghanaweb where seun copy from never upgrade.

Btw, its better like this as it consumes less data else zombies and headslammers won't have data to carry out their tribalism which makes here what it is.

3 Likes

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by EmzyT: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2022
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Camelot65: 10:06am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I kinda support the oath at least that's gonna limit y'all Christians intolerance online..
Not until I'd**tic Christians stop spamming and insulting the Muslims whenever they create a thread and it makes fp(which is only Friday)

Y'all be cursing them and calling em terrorist and other derogatory words.. insulting them without being logical in y'all words..but when an atheist does the same thing on a Christian thread y'all go crazy and start wishing that fellow death..so you have to deal with the oath or don't bother commenting on a Muslim thread.. undecided undecided
Then an oath should be created for Christian threads too.

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Our respective opinion are right but I need to correct you that I'm not a Christain. I'm a deist.

And majority of the people who spam the Islam for Muslim threads are Atheists and other kind of freethinkers. Even the Christains threads are spam every Sunday.... Pastorprenuer and other harsh words are used and no one has ever said they will bomb anyone.

And the Muslims reputation already preceds them. If Christains are tagging them terrorists then that's what they are.... There's no lie there.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Everest9(m): 10:07am On Jun 04, 2022
Haynnie:
Disapprove any blogger post that has a link with an erotic/unethical subject topic that has to do with click bait lipsrsealed

Oh I guess that should be the work of a mod grin

Abeg add a feature that can filter useless posts before it makes it to FP

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by EmzyT: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Y'all be cursing them and calling em terrorist and other derogatory words.. insulting them without being logical in y'all[/s] words..but when an atheist does the[/s] same thing on a Christian thread y'all go crazy and start wishing that fellow death..so you have to deal with the oath or don't bother commenting on a Muslim thread.. undecided undecided
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2022
ThatrealestApex:

You have some good points bro. Even though I know the mods would never push this thread to front page grin
Btw, can you teach me programming bro? I'm very willing to learn embarassed embarassed
I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you embarassed

What would you like to learn ? There are dozens of free resources on the internet. At best, one can only advice on pitfalls.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Our respective opinion are right but I need to correct you that I'm not a Christain. I'm a deist.

And majority of the people who spam the Islam for Muslim threads are Atheists and other kind of freethinkers. Even the Christains threads are spam every Sunday.... Pastorprenuer and other harsh words are used and no one has ever said they will bomb anyone.

And the Muslims reputation already preceds them. If Christains are tagging them terrorists then that's what they are.... There's no lie there.
Who told you the Atheist spam the Muslim thread?
It's clearly there..the Christians are the only one insulting the Muslims belief by calling them all sort of names without thinking..who insults the prophet of Islam? atheist? undecided

Except you wanna keep deceiving yaself..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Silentgroper(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

So u're a muslim... Does ur sheik, alfa or alhaji knw u're a f.a.g.g.ot huh .. If ur religion is really d one of peace ... You'd be fine right?
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2022
Camelot65:
Then an oath should be created for Christian threads too.
The Christians don't receive the kinda insult they dish out to the Muslims.. undecided
How many time have you seen the Muslims insulting your prophet or calling y'all terrorist huh?

Who calls the Muslims headslammers? Christians..
Who calls them terrorist? Christians..

Who calls them rapist and all sort of name? Christians..I've never seen any Muslim in a Christian thread saying all these kinda words..

You can debate with them in an intelligent and logical manner not dishing out all sort of insults.. undecided
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:17am On Jun 04, 2022
Silentgroper:
So u're a muslim... Does ur sheik, alfa or alhaji knw u're a f.a.g.g.ot huh .. If ur religion is really d one of peace ... You'd be fine right?
Dorwadora can you see why there should be an oath..?to regulate kids like this..

Now Dorwadora tell me..have you seen any Muslim say this on a Christian thread?
wink Checkmate.. cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boonex Dolphin Users: Round Table / Get Sms For As Low As 0.50k / Joomla Betting Template Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.