Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? (1243 Views)

How Can I View Excel Spreadsheet Added On S Drive / Important Feautures That Should Be Added To Nairaland (seun) / Announcing! The New Features Of Dell Inspiron 15.6" Touch-screen Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Restricted post aka Islam for Muslim post to stop making FP

Upgraded Smileys to express feelings easily.

That's all

How about a feature that let's you block threads from categories you don't like so, even when mods push them to fp, you won't see them ?
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Who told you the Atheist spam the Muslim thread?
It's clearly there..the Christians are the only one insulting the Muslims belief by calling them all sort of names without thinking..who insults the prophet of Islam? atheist? undecided

Except you wanna keep deceiving yaself..
The number of Christains on Islam for Muslim threads every Friday is not put to 10 percent.

If not recently that people besieged the IFM threads because of Deborah's death, their threads are always dead. At most 2 pages.... Some threads are only 1 page sometimes. Most Christians would rather not comments at all on Islam section and go to other sections to vent their angers because of the oath that will automatically appear on their profiles.

The only Christains you'll see on their threads are radical Christains. The ones like Righteousness will never comment.

They are the one intolerant for threatening Mr S.eun and his family so that the oath can appear and favor them so therefore they must feel our wrath.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2022
EmzyT:

You see this particular feature ehn? The day it'll be added to Nairaland ehn, I'll do a massive giveaway that day!

The truck-load of Idiots I would block on this forum from seeing their posts/comments would've been overwhelming!

Mr. Seun, Adhere to this advice please, It would do alot of us good.

grin grin I have been coming across your posts for some days now even in that thread of a certain lady asking if she should attend a wedding or not and all I can say is that you love violence grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dorwadora can you see why there should be an oath..?to regulate kids like this..

Now Dorwadora tell me..have you seen any Muslim say this on a Christian thread?
wink Checkmate.. cheesy cheesy grin
grin grin grin..... To be fair they should just put oath on every religious thread
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
The number of Christains on Islam for Muslim threads every Friday is not put to 10 percent.

If not recently that people besieged the IFM threads because of Deborah's death, their threads are always dead. At most 2 pages.... Some threads are only 1 page sometimes. Most Christians would rather not comments at all on Islam section and go to other sections to vent their angers because of the oath that will automatically appear on their profiles.

The only Christains you'll see on their threads are radical Christains. The ones like Righteousness will never comment.

They are the one intolerant for threatening Mr S.eun and his family so that the oath can appear and favor them so therefore they must feel our wrath.
Yeah and about one page is filled with insult from Christians calling them all sort of names..
I tagged you just now and gave you a practical reason..check it out..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:
So, I am software programmer who happens to be building a forum software similar to nairaland, being one of the few people's who watched nairaland grow from using simple machines software to what it is currently is, I understand it lacks certain features that you might need

So far, I have the following features on my list

1. Blocking
allow members to block certain members from mentioning and following them

2. Messaging
allow members to message themselves without need of exchanging emails

3. Wallet
allow members to fund their wallet via paystack to run advertisements

Add yours

Adding a "Relationship" section wouldn't be a bad idea either smiley

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Silentgroper(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dorwadora can you see why there should be an oath..?to regulate kids like this..

Now Dorwadora tell me..have you seen any Muslim say this on a Christian thread?
wink Checkmate.. cheesy cheesy grin
Please what have i said wrong nw.. All i'm doing is encouraging u to come out as who u are esp. By first confiding in ur alfa, sheik or alhaji/alhaji, Or is it dangerous to do dat? tongue grin
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
grin grin grin..... To be fair they should just put oath on every religious thread
Now it makes no sense.. grin
No one is gonna insult Jesus like the Christians do..just some lil bit of criticism..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:

How about a feature that let's you block threads from categories you don't like so, even when mods push them to fp, you won't see them ?
The FP is the face of NL.... I don't think they'll ever do an upgrade like that. smiley
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2022
Silentgroper:
Please what have i said wrong nw.. All i'm doing is encouraging u to come out as who u are esp. By first confiding in ur alfa, sheik or alhaji/alhaji, Or is it dangerous to do dat? tongue grin
Now that y've made me a Muslim..what's next? grin
Dorwadora I think with this little practical point of mine I've been able to convince you that the oath on all Muslim thread is justifiable cos Christians can't tolerate half of what they dish out to Muslims.. wink
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
The FP is the face of NL.... I don't think they'll ever do an upgrade like that. smiley
The feature will give you a customized frontpage only when you login, only posts pushed to fp from sections you like will appear on your own frontpage.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by thesicilian: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2022
1. A dislike button
2. Direct Messaging
3. Down vote and Up vote - this can help push away some useless comments from the first page and push the more meaningful ones up
4. Block button - to prevent you from seeing posts from certain people, and vice versa

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Now it makes no sense.. grin
No one is gonna insult Jesus like the Christians do..just some lil bit of criticism..
Then what do will say about the like of AntiChristin and is cohorts?..... Personally, both religion means nothing to me... I'm only concern about the oath taking. If you've been on the IFMS threads then you'll understand what I'm saying.... Ask any question that threaten their beliefs.... Boom... It's a ban.

So last 2 weeks we were there, asking questions then someone said "So you're doing all these because of the 72 virgins Allah promised you?"

Then I replied "I thought it was 14"

Then another person said " Just heard it 14, always thought it's 7".

The 3 of us were banned for 10 years on theor section. What's the need of the thread getting to FP if we can't ask questions?..... I don't insult people's faith, never done that....

If we can't ask questions and freely share our thoughts then the threads are useless at the Frontpage.

Moreover the fact that it's restricted for Muslims validate my point. There's no section like "Christainity for Christains section".... It's free for all..... If the MUSLIMS threads are restricted for people of only their faith then it have no purpose on the FP.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dorwadora I think with this little practical point of mine I've been able to convince you that the oath on all Muslim thread is justifiable cos Christians can't tolerate half of what they dish out to Muslims.. wink
If you think it's only the Christains that are guilty of the crime of spamming then I must respect your opinion.... But I still think otherwise smiley smiley smiley wink
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2022
1. Posting of videos. No be say we go dey post YouTube links.
2. Removing the oath on Islam section before you post. In all honesty, some Muslims are insecure.

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by thesicilian: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2022
yankeecoder:
Old and still strong, Nairaland still got my respect.
I remember one bank that used to pride themselves as old and strong, in fact the called themselves Big, Strong and Reliable and refused to change with the times. Until they recently got swallowed by a 3yr old bank

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
If you think it's only the Christains that are guilty of the crime of spamming then I must respect your opinion.... But I still think otherwise smiley smiley smiley wink
Dorwa ain't talking about spamming..I am always on the Christian thread almost every Sundays and I make sure I don't insult the Christian by using derogatory words at them instead I bring up points and criticize their religion and the belief in gods... unlike Christians on the Muslim thread who generalise and insult all Muslims by calling them some sortta disgusting names..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Then what do will say about the like of AntiChristin and is cohorts?..... Personally, both religion means nothing to me... I'm only concern about the oath taking. If you've been on the IFMS threads then you'll understand what I'm saying.... Ask any question that threaten their beliefs.... Boom... It's a ban.

So last 2 weeks we were there, asking questions then someone said "So you're doing all these because of the 72 virgins Allah promised you?"

Then I replied "I thought it was 14"

Then another person said " Just heard it 14, always thought it's 7".

The 3 of us were banned for 10 years on theor section. What's the need of the thread getting to FP if we can't ask questions?..... I don't insult people's faith, never done that....

If we can't ask questions and freely share our thoughts then the threads are useless at the Frontpage.

Moreover the fact that it's restricted for Muslims validate my point. There's no section like "Christainity for Christains section".... It's free for all..... If the MUSLIMS threads are restricted for people of only their faith then it have no purpose on the FP.
Anti Christian is Muslim guy but I would have to be sincere with you..he doesn't in any way insult Christians like they do..all he do is criticize and bring out point..

You should know the difference.. wink
I might be wrong about that..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by yankeecoder: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2022
thesicilian:

I remember one bank that used to pride themselves as old and strong, in fact the called themselves Big, Strong and Reliable and refused to change with the times. Until they recently got swallowed by a 3yr old bank
Union Bank wink
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by HazardAwka(m): 10:43am On Jun 04, 2022
A dislike button

1 Like

Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2022
HazardAwka:
A dislike button
And what happens when you dislike a comment or thread? grin
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Anti Christian is Muslim guy but I would have to be sincere with you..he doesn't in any way insult Christians like they do..all he do is criticize and bring out point..

You should know the difference.. wink
I might be wrong about that..
Yes he always point out debatable points but not all the time. On Fridays, he's a viper.... He'll insult, curse all regions and declare that "Nigeria is for Allah". This kind of statement always cause an uproar and always lead to chaos.

The best NL can do is that whenever a Muslim fellow creates a thread, the Poster will be the one to determine of it's going to be restricted or not. So the extremists among them won't infect the liberal ones with their bad luck.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yes he always point out debatable points but not all the time. On Fridays, he's a viper.... He'll insult, curse all regions and declare that "Nigeria is for Allah". This kind of statement always cause an uproar and always lead to chaos.

The best NL can do is that whenever a Muslim fellow creates a thread, the Poster will be the one to determine of it's going to be restricted or not. So the extremists among them won't infect the liberal ones with their bad luck.
Dorwadora is for Allah..does that sound insultive? grin
Dorwa it's only a kinda declarative statement that holds no ground..it's left to the reader to misunderstand or take it as a mere word.. wink
Understood? grin

I dig you tho..I see where ya coming from dorwa.. wink
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dorwadora is for Allah..does that sound insultive? grin
Dorwa it's only a kinda declarative statement that holds no ground..it's left to the reader to misunderstand or take it as a mere word.. wink
Understood? grin

I dig you tho..I see where ya coming from dorwa.. wink
Naturally, even if it does not hold ground, it's provocative.

And you know NL, any opening for violence is a welcome development.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
Naturally, even if it does not hold ground, it's provocative.

And you know NL, any opening for violence is a welcome development.

Yeah as far it ain't directed to the Christians..dorwa anyone can make that statement..
We should talk about you being a deist.. grin
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Yeah as far it ain't directed to the Christians..dorwa anyone can make that statement..
We should talk about you being a deist.. grin
I doubt it's anything interesting grin
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by siofra(f): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2022
thesicilian:
1. A dislike button
2. Direct Messaging
3. Down vote and Up vote - this can help push away some useless comments from the first page and push the more meaningful ones up
4. Block button - to prevent you from seeing posts from certain people, and vice versa

A dislike feature will be nice.

But this up vote and down vote feature should not be allowed. Male nairalanders are very biased. It's not like Reddit and Quora. They will up vote their fellow men posts even when it makes zero sense. Seun should not add it mbok.
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:56am On Jun 04, 2022
Dorwadora:
I doubt it's anything interesting grin
Cool then... enjoy...
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Dorwadora(f): 10:59am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Cool then... enjoy...
Same.... Enjoy the weekend to the fullest kiss kiss kiss
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Silentgroper(m): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Hold on. I made u muslim.. Haa, pls come of it.. If u do not see a problem with taking a oath just bcuz u want to make a comment on muslim thread, then wat does that make u? ..

Christian cant tolerate what? . D killing of d christian girl.. Has d christian retaliated? Nah.. What do u call.. D sheiks and alfas that openly speak bad of d bible nd christians.. Do u see any pastor doing or reverend doing that. To even think d muslims are usually d bitter ones..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by Silentgroper(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sheistoopretty:

Adding a "Relationship" section wouldn't be a bad idea either smiley
One exist already but it'll still be dead anyways..
Re: What New Features Would You Like To Be Added On Nairaland ? by olaniyi263: 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
What would you like to learn ? There are dozens of free resources on the internet. At best, one can only advice on pitfalls.What would you like to learn ? There are dozens of free resources on the internet. At best, one can only advice on pitfalls....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Squarespace.com Build A Website In Minutes / Chat Script And Smf Collapsing / Can You Build This Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.