Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel (2890 Views)

I'm Not Good With Numbers But I Want To Learn Programming. Please Advise Me / Someone Good With Bootstrap And Html And Css Needed For Urgent Project / Need Help With Excel Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello Nlander, I am in need of a professional, someone who is very good with Microsoft excel to come up with a formula for my POS business.

if you are familiar with how POS work these days, take opay and moniepoint for instance, for withdrawal of 1 naira to 19,999 Naira, they charge 0.5% while from 20,000 Naira and above they charge 100 Naira flat rate And the deposit is 20 Naira, I want a formula like this

for successful withdrawal from 1-19,999 charge 0.5% if 20,000 or above charge 100, and charge 20 Naira for each successful deposit otherwise do not charge.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by learnine: 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
Send me a chat and i will work you through a model
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by uchaymart(m): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
Hello Nlander, I am in need of a professional, someone who is very good with Microsoft excel to come up with a formula for my POS business.

if you are familiar with how POS work these days, take opay and moniepoint for instance, for withdrawal of 1 naira to 19,999 Naira, they charge 0.5% while from 20,000 Naira and above they charge 100 Naira flat rate And the deposit is 20 Naira, I want a formula like this

for successful withdrawal from 1-19,999 charge 0.5% if 20,000 or above charge 100, and charge 20 Naira for each successful deposit otherwise do not charge.

This is not completely excel but a maths work around that is executed smoothly using Excel...

All the same, you need maths knowledge+Excel
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:

This is not completely excel but a maths work around that is executed smoothly using Excel...

All the same, you need maths knowledge+Excel

excel will execute it perfectly but I don't know how to compute it all in one cell coz first it must be able to differentiate withdrawal from deposit, then solve for each amount and come up with the charges.

I know it is something very possible using excel, I just need someone who is very versatile with excel to do it for me.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Hoseaovo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Long story short.......DM me
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hoseaovo:
Long story short.......DM me

thanks boss I have sent you a DM
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by enumerica: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

whatsapp or call me
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
Assume amount withdrawn or deposited is in A2, transaction type (Withdrawal or Deposit) is in B2 and charge is in C2

In C2 type the following
=IF(B2="Deposit", 20,IF(A2<=19999.99,0.005*A2,100))

Let me know if you still need assistance

Please note that this function assumes that there are only two possible transaction types in B2, Withdrawal or Deposit. If there are other possible options (such as "Failed"wink , this function will not work correctly. If you can share an example of what your spreadsheet looks like, I can provide you a more accurate function

Emeskhalifa:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Assume amount withdrawn or deposited is in A2, transaction type (Withdrawal or Deposit) is in B2 and charge is in C2

In C2 type the following

Please note that this function assumes that there are only two possible transaction types in B2, Withdrawal or Deposit. If there are other possible options (such as "Failed"wink , this function will not work correctly. If you can share an example of what your spreadsheet looks like, I can provide you a more accurate function

Boss You are a Microsoft Excel wiziard!!!!
omg It worked!!! I will post the screenshot right here!!
I am so excited pls I need to link up with you to learn more plsssss

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
it is so accurate and perfect that even when I used calculator to manually check it, it was 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Boss You are a Microsoft Excel wiziard!!!!
omg It worked!!! I will post the screenshot right here!!
I am so excited pls I need to link up with you to learn more plsssss

Lol! "Wizard" like me! grin I fly both day and night. Fly twice a day sometimes lol...

Happy to hear it helped you. Must also acknowledge that you are good too cos you tweaked the formula a bit to get it to work for you.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

In C2 type the following

I sell data, pls can I appreciate you with 20GB of any network of your choice pls.

my number is on my profile am available on whatsapp
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

I sell data, pls can I appreciate you with 20GB of any network of your choice pls.

my number is on my profile am available on whatsapp

Waoh! It really meant a lot to you. I have unlimited WiFi data at home so I don't really kind of need data. But I know a few people here that would be blown away with 20GB of Data. Throw it open and let people indicate interest. If any of the two guys I know here indicate interest I will let you you know that they have indicated interest and that you can send one or both of them the data. 10GB each if both indicate interest. Otherwise 20GB if only one of them indicates interest

Remi and Osas, over to you

4 Likes

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Waoh! It really meant a lot to you. I have unlimited WiFi data at home so I don't really kind of need data. But I know a few people here that would be blown away with 20GB of Data. Throw it open and let people indicate interest. If any of the two guys I know here indicate interest I will let you you know that they have indicated interest and that you can send one or both of them the data. 10GB each if both indicate interest. Otherwise 20GB if only one of them indicates interest

alright boss, I will send to any number you provide here sir

It means a lot to me. I have multiple POS outlest I am managing and it has not been easy using pen, paper and calculator for each out let but with this now my work has been made easier with close to 50%

*Pls I would still like to link up and learn more from you. plssssss sir

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by remi1444: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Wooooaaahhh!!! I’m available Osé and I appreciate this 100%.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

alright boss, I will send to any number you provide here sir

It means a lot to me. I have multiple POS outlest I am managing and it has not been easy using pen, paper and calculator for each out let but with this now my work has been made easier with close to 50%

*Pls I would still like to link up and learn more from you. plssssss sir

Next thing for you would be to learn Pivot Tables in excel so you can do analysis across your various outlets and various withdrawal amounts. Looking at your figures, if I was a consultant advising you I would say you need to encourage patrons to pay the charges by cash rather than including it in the amount withdrawn. Also need to focus on those that withdraw small amounts while paying cash for the charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
remi1444:
Wooooaaahhh!!! I’m available Osé and I appreciate this 100%.

@Emeskhalifa this is one of the the two. I'm sure Osas will see this and acknowledge
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by remi1444: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

@Emeskhali.fa this is one of the the two. I'm sure Osas will see this and acknowledge
I sent a message on S. I wish you could check it at your convenient time.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by MirthOsas(m): 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

@Emeskhalifa this is one of the the two. I'm sure Osas will see this and acknowledge

Sir @airsaylongcome never ceases to amaze me. Your kind is rare boss. The data would go a long way Sir, and I'm ever grateful.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
MirthOsas:

Sir @airsaylongcome never ceases to amaze me. Your kind is rare boss. The data would go a long way Sir, and I'm ever grateful.

Boss pls your number. Maybe send it to my WhatsApp
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
remi1444:
I sent a message on S. I wish you could check it at your convenient time.

Boss check my signature
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Next thing for you would be to learn Pivot Tables in excel so you can do analysis across your various outlets and various withdrawal amounts. Looking at your figures, if I was a consultant advising you I would say you need to encourage patrons to pay the charges by cash rather than including it in the amount withdrawn. Also need to focus on those that withdraw small amounts while paying cash for the charges.

Pls boss, I have a lot to learn from you. I beg you do not deny me that chance pls
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by MirthOsas(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Boss pls your number. Maybe send it to my WhatsApp
Right away boss.
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by remi1444: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Boss check my signature
thank you.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:55am On Jun 05, 2022
MirthOsas:

Right away boss.

Good morning sir. Kindly make available your number on my WhatsApp.
Sorry I slept of last night
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:01am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

In C2 type the following

Boss Good morning Sir. I wish words can explain how happy I was last night even till this morning (I was even telling Mr. Osasere this morning).
it was even on my WhatsApp status and I received a lot of congratulatory messages from my friends on WhatsApp yesterday after they saw my status about how you solved it within seconds because most of them are aware of the problem since 2021 that I have been searching for solution. Honestly, If I say I am not glad to have met known you on this thread yesterday, I will obviously be an ingrate thanks so much sir, I really appreciate it. However regarding what you said yesterday.........

airsaylongcome:
Please note that this function assumes that there are only two possible transaction types in B2, Withdrawal or Deposit. If there are other possible options (such as "Failed"wink , this function will not work correctly. If you can share an example of what your spreadsheet looks like, I can provide you with a more accurate function Let me know if you still need assistance.
it didn't execute it perfectly due to the presence of a column for "Failed and completed" of every transaction carried out on the POS. I will attach an image of the excel page below so you could see it, sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:07am On Jun 05, 2022
Give me a bit. Kind of busy now but I will come around to this later today. Also anyone who wants to contribute a solution is welcome to. We rise by lifting others.

So first stuff, can you list out all possible options for Transaction type. (Transfer, Withdrawal, Fund Wallet, etc).

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by MirthOsas(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

Good morning sir. Kindly make available your number on my WhatsApp.
Sorry I slept of last night

Done boss, data received.. Gracias
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2022
Sir, also, in COLUMN A, there are more than two variables. there is withdrawal , transfer, bill_payment, Card_Transfer, Airtime and each variable has its own seprate charges, for instance, deposit is 20 naira for any amount, withdrawal is 0.5% for any amount below 20,000 while 100 naira fro anyamount above 20,000, bill payment is free of charge, airtime is free of charge too but card_transfer is charges for withdrawal + charges for deposit example, let's say a customer comes with his atm card and asks me to do a card transfer of 10000, POS charges will be 10000*0.5/100 which is charges for withdrawal + 20 naira which is charges for deposit
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
Sir, also, in COLUMN A, there are more than two variables. there is withdrawal , transfer, bill_payment, Card_Transfer, Airtime and each variable has its own seprate charges, for instance, deposit is 20 naira for any amount, withdrawal is 0.5% for any amount below 20,000 while 100 naira fro anyamount above 20,000, bill payment is free of charge, airtime is free of charge too but card_transfer is charges for withdrawal + charges for deposit example, let's say a customer comes with his atm card and asks me to do a card transfer of 10000, POS charges will be 10000*0.5/100 which is charges for withdrawal + 20 naira which is charges for deposit

Okay great. This is their exact spelling in column A right?
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:14am On Jun 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Give me a bit. Kind of busy now but I will come around to this later today. Also anyone who wants to contribute a solution is welcome to. We rise by lifting others.

So first stuff, can you list out all possible options for Transaction type. (Transfer, Withdrawal, Fund Wallet, etc).

alright sir, thank you so much for your response, I'd humbly and patiently wait till you are free sir. thank you
Re: In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel by airsaylongcome: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

alright sir, thank you so much for your response, I'd humbly and patiently wait till you are free sir. thank you

Also for column C (Status) are the values either completed or failed only? Are there any other options there? Is there a charge when the transaction fails?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial / How To Automate My MTN Data Share Business Online? / Nigerian Linux Distribution: do we need one?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.