Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,741 members, 7,802,255 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. (1786 Views)

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by NNTR: 2:40am On Jun 15, 2022
kimco:
How do you assume one feels pain in a dream? Where do you think this dream pain is processed and the urine analogy too. Where do you think these impulses are processed?
I didnt assume. From personal experience I know, that on this side of eternity, meaning while in the land of the living, with the help of my brain, I am aware of experiencing both physical and mental pain.

Now watch this, in the spiritual realm, in the realm of incorporeality, a different mechanism, exclusive to a use of gray matter, is used to register pain or experience delight

kimco:
Im sure this is not a poetry class.
So you want to play this sort of card, no problem, two can play the game. Meet me below

kimco:
Where is the science behind this?
I am sure this is not a science class

kimco:
This statement is unecessary in this conversation.
On the contrary, it is very necessary. Necessary because the conversation goes into a realm operating beyond the constraints or limit of a three dimension

kimco:
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain and spinal cord process painful and nonpainful signals.-

source: mayoclinic.org
While you focused on defining what fibromyalgia alone is, what you really was asked, is, whats the correlation between emotional pain and fibromyalgia?

kimco:
Hmmm
Psalm 63:1
'A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
'

Hmmm at Psalm 63:1 too smiley

Do you see the parallelism with the rich man, asking for a dip of the tip of Lazarus finger in water to cool his tongue for him though with Psalm 63:1? The point here, is that, without physical bodies, without physical organs, even without a brain, we are capable of having semblance of sensations, be aware of things, as it were, using other mechanisms while existing or operating in a different dimension

kimco:
It did, now I am asking the hard hitting question regarding those claims.
You didnt asking a hard hitting question at all. Try my question here for effect

Is the soul capable of feeling pain or does the soul feel pain?

Yes, of course, even without a body, (i.e. meaning beyond a 3 dimensional setting or set up) the soul, incomparably, is capable of experiencing other-dimensionally more painful pain

kimco:
You analogy is a bit flawed.
You're taking great pains in believing its a bit flawed. Even if a bit flawed, what of the bigger picture, thats not flawed

kimco:
Let me explain.

If you have a sore toe because you burnt it then medicine can help it become less severe. But let's say during the treatment the toe is still inteoduced to the fire...what do you think will happen? No amount of medicine can fix that...you will feel more pain. That is same with emotional pain, if you are sick of broken heart, and become clinically depressed, it is advised that along with drugs you avoid anything that may trigger the source of your depression. Then you know for sure that indeed medine works.
Thanks for confirming my point that emotional pain, is less accessible to medicine treatment.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31am On Jun 15, 2022
kimco:

MA GUUUUY! EVERY SINGLE PAIN YOU CAN EVER FEEL IS PROCESSED IN THE BRAIN. STOP THIS THING YOU ARE GOING ON ABOUT, IT IS NOT MAKING YOU LOOK GOOD AT ALLLLL. READ A BOOK, MAYBE GOOGLE THIS. SERIOUSLY, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

You are just begging the question to go away and leave you alone.

The issue is not whether the brain processes or does not process pain, for i have shown you that your people can say brain because it has undisputable physical contact.

Therefore, can they explain, the pain of disappointment, cheating and failure and how the pain lands on our chest, especially as our chest does have any physical or bodily contact with the cause?

And as is proven, you can not answer nor show. You just enter into repeat mode on even that which is not in dispute.

So, give yourself peace. You can not provide a valid explanation for this.

1 Like

Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:51am On Jun 15, 2022
kimco:

Says the one that says emotional pain is processed in the chest area
Did you say you were a lawyer? If you cannot be bothered to make an argument then good day sir.

Now you have resorted to lying that I said "emotional pain is processed in the chest area" when I clearly said

Dtruthspeaker:

We have all experienced the pain of cheating and disappointment. And where is that pain located?

Answer: In our chest area. We all hold our chest when we have those types of pain. And Glory be to God, the brain, the headquarters of the nervous system, is not in the chest.

So now that you real-eyes that you can not counter even after all your research and the time you took to find an answer, yet NO THING. So, you have now resorted to lying and very wicked ad hominem!

Well it is said,

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser

1 Like

Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by TenQ: 6:17am On Jun 15, 2022
kimco:
According to science, in the human body, the nervous system is responsible for feeling pain.

The bible claims that sinners will suffer forever in the burning lake of fire. And that the body will rot while the soul faces judgement.

Now my questions are simple:

1. Does the soul have a nervous system which is an attribute of the physical being?

2. If not, how are we to register the pain of hell forever.

John 5:29:
"And shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life ; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation."

Your nervous system will be in good functioning order sir!
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by kimco(m): 2:04am On Jun 19, 2022
NNTR:
I didnt assume. From personal experience I know, that on this side of eternity, meaning while in the land of the living, with the help of my brain, I am aware of experiencing both physical and mental pain.

Now watch this, in the spiritual realm, in the realm of incorporeality, a different mechanism, exclusive to a use of gray matter, is used to register pain or experience delight

So you want to play this sort of card, no problem, two can play the game. Meet me below

I am sure this is not a science class

On the contrary, it is very necessary. Necessary because the conversation goes into a realm operating beyond the constraints or limit of a three dimension

While you focused on defining what fibromyalgia alone is, what you really was asked, is, whats the correlation between emotional pain and fibromyalgia?

Psalm 63:1
'A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
'

Hmmm at Psalm 63:1 too smiley

Do you see the parallelism with the rich man, asking for a dip of the tip of Lazarus finger in water to cool his tongue for him though with Psalm 63:1? The point here, is that, without physical bodies, without physical organs, even without a brain, we are capable of having semblance of sensations, be aware of things, as it were, using other mechanisms while existing or operating in a different dimension

You didnt asking a hard hitting question at all. Try my question here for effect

Is the soul capable of feeling pain or does the soul feel pain?

Yes, of course, even without a body, (i.e. meaning beyond a 3 dimensional setting or set up) the soul, incomparably, is capable of experiencing other-dimensionally more painful pain

You're taking great pains in believing its a bit flawed. Even if a bit flawed, what of the bigger picture, thats not flawed

Thanks for confirming my point that emotional pain, is less accessible to medicine treatment.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1. It is a scienc class. Please refer to my OP. The premise was scientific and whether there is a connection with the proposed "spiritual". That is the whole point of the thread.

2. If the soul is capable of feeling pain, through which means will the soul feel this pain? Explain these things well for me. Don't quote claims like you have been doing. Im asking you to prove your claims. Can you do that?

3. The last bit has nothing to do with the OP. Emotions are processed in the brain. I believe you agreed with this.

I don't want to reference the other point because they are digressing and certainly devoid of the evidence Im looking for.
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by kimco(m): 2:14am On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you have resorted to lying that I said "emotional pain is processed in the chest area" when I clearly said

So now that you real-eyes that you can not counter even after all your research and the time you took to find an answer, yet NO THING. So, you have now resorted to lying and very wicked ad hominem!

Well it is said,

When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser

Ahah...Am I gong mad here? Is this guy not saying the brain is not in the chest and that we grab our chest when we feel emotional pain? Am I the only one seeing that this guy is saying the pain is proceed in the chest?

Okay let's say I misunderstood you,and I am lying, help me understand. Where is emotional pain processed (not felt, processed)?
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2022
kimco:

Ahah...Am I gong mad here? Is this guy not saying the brain is not in the chest and that we grab our chest when we feel emotional pain? Am I the only one seeing that this guy is saying the pain is proceed in the chest?

Thank God, the records here exhibit precisely what I said and have been saying.

kimco:

Okay let's say I misunderstood you,and I am lying, help me understand. Where is emotional pain processed (not felt, processed)?

My case is not prove emotional pain, but to prove to you that you are more than your brain and flesh but also spirit capable of feeling pain which you did not physically touch with you skin and flesh or part of your body.

Which as the records show, you could not explain with your CNS, hence your personal attack.
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by Hermes119: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
kimco:

You are wasting your time I must tell you
These people do not give a damn about science and evidence,they believe whatever they like
I have asked that question before no satisfactory answer, save yourself the stress and allow them believe whatever they like
Re: How Will We Feel Pain In Hell. by Simeonjoe1: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You still felt pain even when NO THING touched any part of your Nervous System (NS) eg the pain of cheating and betrayal and false accusation and disappointment etc

None of this touched the NS.

That surely tells you, you feel and can feel independent of your flesh.

Well that's still your nervous system. Emotional centers in your brain has been triggered that's why you feel them same with physical pain you feel or your parietal cortical areas.

All these goes on to show the teaching of hell fire is false religion doctrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The False Israel And The Madness Of The Last Days / Mother Theresa Orphanage Home, Ketu / Tell Us How And Why You Join The Ogboni Or Freemason Frat Or Any Other Frat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.