Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo (34366 Views)

APC Governors Narrow Consensus To Amaechi, Osinbajo, Tinubu - THEWILL / Afenifere Dumps SW Aspirants, Backs SE, Warns Against Gang-Up / Ekiti Election Result: Omokri, Dele Momodu React To Fayemi’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by oshozondii: 2:11am On Jun 05, 2022
Leaders and aspirants of the South-West caucus of the ruling All Progressives Congress have streamlined their options for the region’s consensus preference to three aspirants, Peoples Gazette can report based on information from people familiar with the development.

The leaders urged four aspirants to step down in a meeting that was held at the residence of Olusegun Osoba in Abuja between 10 p.m. Saturday and 1:00 a.m. Sunday.

The Gazette heard that Senator Ajayi Boroffice, Tunde Bakare and Dimeji Bankole were categorically urged to step down due to their limited campaign activities for the top office. Senator Ibikunle Amosun was also asked to step down, although our sources could not immediately ascertain whether or not he acquiesced.

The aspirants who agreed to step down have yet to issue an official statement, and their respective spokespersons could not be reached for comments Sunday morning.

The outcome of the first round of talks has left Governor Kayode Fayemi, Bola Tinubu and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo as the three standing aspirants from the South-West.

The meeting will continue at forenoon on Sunday, or much later, depending on how events unfold, our sources said.

It came as President Muhammadu Buhari met with all aspirants and emphasised consensus as the best option for the party’s convention scheduled to begin on June 6 and terminate on June 9.

Besides the aspirants, the meeting also had in attendance Bisi Akande, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Gbenga Daniel, Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu, Mr Osoba himself, amongst others.
https://gazettengr.com/just-in-apc-south-west-aspirants-make-progress-narrow-consensus-to-fayemi-tinubu-osinbajo/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Niorte: 2:23am On Jun 05, 2022
The man in the middle has the advantage and cognitive experience to take Nigeria to greater heights

Leave politics for politicians, now let's talk business. If you want to learn how you can earn passive income with affiliate marketing then visit https://7starplans.com/get-started

The earlier the better, the video tutorial will soon be taken down.

332 Likes 75 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by gaby(m): 2:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Lol

Who go come pay Amaechi him investment?

Modified:

For those quick to call people names here and political neophytes, una dey make me laugh well well.

Isn't it yet clear to you guys what game the North has set out to play here?

To them and the South, they (the North) have fulfilled all righteousness and in the spirit of sportsmanship cum fostering unity, have ceded the Presidency to the South (abi no be so the Northern APC Governors claim with their resolution)?

Now, ask yourselves this.

Even without the fragmentation and crab-mentality among the entire Southern leaders, on a level playing field and with the history of the election numbers skewed deliberately to favour the North, who amongst these current pretenders to the throne would pull out the number to defeat an Atiku who has been precariously and finely positioned to be settled in the PDP to carry on and compliment on their agenda as usual.

Most of you won't even see the game that was played to have the PDP conclude their primaries before the APC.

The South who always believe in their follies of being very well read and smarter keep setting themselves up for cheap ridicule.

Na the same oversabi and I too know make Professor dey answer yes sir to olodo and the South dey always end up as spokesperson to always bamboozle and terrorize their own people with convincing and insulting English. Shebi una go school and sabi speak grammar? Una go speak English tire.

You all will soon understand that these people don't see any PDP or APC, all they know and see is a platform to achieving a goal.

Even of Buhari hand-picked Amaechi, Osinbanjo, or Tinubu gets the ticket, trust me, the entire machinery of state is out there on the side to work and ensure that Atiku becomes the President of this country in 2023.

Head or tail from the way it looks now, it's a win win for the North who has given the South a very interesting puzzle to solve.

After all una no go fit open mouth say dem no give una chance to bring out Southern candidate...lol

I repeat, the North is playing a mix of game of thrones and temple run here.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:31am On Jun 05, 2022
grin in other words there were not able to reach consensus

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:31am On Jun 05, 2022
I knew Fayemi would never step down for baba leaky-Leaky

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:32am On Jun 05, 2022
gaby:
Lol

Who go come pay Amaechi him investment?
I am not so sure you understood the news

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Nigerialabalaba: 2:32am On Jun 05, 2022
Niorte:
The man in the middle has the advantage and cognitive experience to take Nigeria to greater heights
omo ibo, una don jinx d man with una badluck.

PYO don lose since las week wen nobody for hin camp win APC senate or hor seat tickets for d whole SW. almost 100% come from Tinubu camp. na because u omo ibo miscreants on nl be olodos una no see d connection.

e been dey tink say Buhari go do annointing service yesterday but buhari sabi say pyo na featherweight.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by gaby(m): 2:38am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

I am not so sure you understood the news

Oh, no, I didn't understand the news.

My question is, where does all these horse-trading now leave Ameachi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Formularcr7: 2:42am On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu and others

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by CutieKing: 2:49am On Jun 05, 2022
They have not made any progress then.those 3 are the main contenders from the sw.

7 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by jumper524(m): 2:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Niorte:
the experience that he used in handling the federal economic team that took the Naira from 180 to 600..
Guess inflation with zero improvement in income is now positivity.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by SweetiliciousD: 3:16am On Jun 05, 2022
jumper524:
the experience that he used in handling the federal economic team that took the Naira from 180 to 600..
Guess inflation with zero improvement in income is now positivity.

You have oil in your head. Jeun s'oke is the best government for a failed state like Nigeria.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Akponmfet: 3:17am On Jun 05, 2022
Anybody but a Biafran.
Biafrans should never and will never smell Aso Rock.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:21am On Jun 05, 2022
gaby:

Is Amaechi from the SW?

The fact that Buhari did not announce a candidate does not mean he does not have a candidate.

11 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:22am On Jun 05, 2022
CutieKing:
They have not made any progress then.those 3 are the main contenders from the sw.
Allow them to continue deceiving themselves.The meeting was deadlocked plain and simple

3 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Born2Breed(f): 3:30am On Jun 05, 2022
Whatever the outcome, it is time up for APC n PDP.

2 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Kingcalls: 3:40am On Jun 05, 2022
Northern APC leaders will do to Tinubu and the other South Westerners what northen pdp members did to Jonathan in 2015... they know that selecting a northerner as flag bearer will split Atikus votes... SE/SS will vote Atiku as well.... Northerners will always vote their brothers ... ss will do to APC and Tinubu what they did to Jonathan in 2015... na una go b the new 5% ... una never know hausa fulani .... Buhari will hand over to ATiku in 2023 ...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Kingcalls: 3:42am On Jun 05, 2022
Akponmfet:
Anybody but a Biafran.
Biafrans should never and will never smell Aso Rock.

And u mumushly think SW will smell it ?? U are naive

10 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Vatsyayana: 3:44am On Jun 05, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

omo ibo, una don jinx d man with una badluck.

PYO don lose since las week wen nobody for hin camp win APC senate or hor seat tickets for d whole SW. almost 100% come from Tinubu camp. na because u omo ibo miscreants on nl be olodos una no see d connection.

e been dey tink say Buhari go do annointing service yesterday but buhari sabi say pyo na featherweight.

If them see Tinubu for North now na stone dem go stone am over cry-cry baby wey him call Buhari. It is obvious he has now lost whatever is left of his popularity in the North.

5 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:48am On Jun 05, 2022
Vatsyayana:

If them see Tinubu for North now na stone dem go stone am over cry-cry baby wey him call Buhari. It is obvious he has now lost whatever is left of his popularity in the North.
Allow his mumu supporters to continue to gloat.They still think once you emerge APC's candidate, you are president

1 Like

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Throwback: 3:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Once Fayemi steps down, Tinubu and Osinbajo are ready to slug it out with the rest of the Southern aspirants.

328 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by money121(m): 4:02am On Jun 05, 2022
Ok
Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Foreigna2: 4:06am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
I knew Fayemi would never step down for baba leaky-Leaky

Abakaliki John Snow, you know nothing.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:07am On Jun 05, 2022
Throwback:
Once Fayemi steps down, Tinubu and Osinbajo are ready to slug it out with the rest of the Southern aspirants.
Fayemi told you he was going to step down? BTW has Lawan stepped down.I thought he is still in the race

1 Like

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:08am On Jun 05, 2022
Foreigna2:

Abakaliki John Snow, you know nothing.
If Fayemi is stepping down for anyone,it is for the VP not leaky-Leaky

6 Likes

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Foreigna2: 4:12am On Jun 05, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

If Fayemi is stepping down for anyone,it is for the VP not leaky-Leaky

I guess he told you this when he met you on the queue for kerosene.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:14am On Jun 05, 2022
Foreigna2:

I guess he told you this when he met you on the queue for kerosene.
Yes he did

1 Like

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by jumper524(m): 4:15am On Jun 05, 2022
Kingcalls:
Northern APC leaders will do to Tinubu and the other South Westerners what northen pdp members did to Jonathan in 2015... they know that selecting a northerner as flag bearer will split Atikus votes... SE/SS will vote Atiku as well.... Northerners will always vote their brothers ... ss will do to APC and Tinubu what they did to Jonathan in 2015... na una go b the new 5% ... una never know hausa fulani .... Buhari will hand over to ATiku in 2023 ...
North voted Jonathan against Buhari, voted obasanjo against Buhari, voted mko against tafa.. The whole Nigeria were suppose to reject Jonathan except nepotist.
So what are you saying?

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:16am On Jun 05, 2022
gaby:

You don't understand

Today's headline on Tinubu's newspaper, who will win APC ticket

1 Like

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Aboki99(m): 4:19am On Jun 05, 2022
Niorte:

He is a Christian extremist. We'll not vote for him. Will u vote for Pantami?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Akponmfet: 4:27am On Jun 05, 2022
Kingcalls:

And u mumushly think SW will smell it ?? U are naive
Re: APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo by Akponmfet: 4:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Wetin concern me with South West?
My only concern is that Biafrans don't smell Aso Rock.
Besides, SW has smelt it and will Smell it again, South South where I come from has smelt it and will smell it again. Nothing for Biafrans.

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Jonathan Loses Son In London? Daily Independent / Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.