Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? (15240 Views)

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / In Need Of An Accommodation Around Gbagada, Falomo, Ikoyi And Environs / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Cleo18: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2022
Hello, a fresh graduate just relocated to Lagos in search for job and doesn't have a place of his own for now but squatting with some friends. It seems he's not that comfortable.

He saved some money from his previous job in Enugu before relocating to Lagos in search of a better job.

Presently, he's thinking of enrolling in a cyber security training and ethical hacking tracking with his savings.

Should he get an apartment first before he gets a job or he waits until he gets a job before he rents an apartment? For now, he's squatting with some people and not really comfortable.

What do you suggest please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by DoggoneDogg: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2022
Cleo18:
Hello, a fresh graduate just relocated to Lagos in search for job and doesn't have a place of his own for now but squatting with some friends. It seems he's not that comfortable.

He saved some money from his previous job in Enugu before relocating to Lagos in search of a better job.

Presently, he's thinking of enrolling in a cyber security training and ethical hacking tracking with his savings.

Should he get an apartment first before he gets a job or he waits until he gets a job before he rents an apartment? For now, he's squatting with some people and not really comfortable.

grin grin

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by sageb: 10:13am On Jun 05, 2022
Cleo18:

A job first, thereafter he can rent an apartment after saving money gotten from the job.
He should stay there and save enough to rent an apartment of his own.
Goodluck

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2022
Get an accommodation.

When he gets the job, where will he stay? Since you said he's not that comfortable where he stays presently, getting a place to stay should be of utmost priority. As long as it's not borrowed funds where he will have to be on his feet to pay back, no problem.

Hope he gets the job as well.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2022
sageb:

A job first, thereafter he can rent an apartment after saving money gotten from the job.
He should stay there and save enough to rent an apartment of his own.
Goodluck

I don't agree.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by wallchat: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2022
Get an accomodation first.
Infact that's what I plan to do, I hate it wen I have put my burden on another person.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by sageb: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't agree.

Perseverance is a virtue.
The Op may leave there hastily and later regret it.
Uyai, you grew up in Lagos/Lasgidi babe so you know your way around the city but the Op is a newcomer/JJC in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by 1F30M4(f): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
When you're squatting with people, just zero your mind about comfort. Be it friends or family relatives, no matter how well you relate with them, it is like that. Feel at home no mean say you fit jump yakata dey do anyhow, nobody send you even if you be Methuselah immediate younger brother, na who get house and who fess come house, dem know.

My brother, to rent house for Lagos no easy o. Shey na your savings you wan use run am? How many places you don know? Which areas you don go? To avoid premium tears, abort mission abeg. Agents go too whine you, dem go bill you, dem go still run you streetz. I saw the other thread & the idea of renting a 4bedroom apartment for the purpose of subletting it, no try am oo. Na Landlord trouble you wan start to dey find, dem go draaggg you like thief.

Cleo, I implore you to stay where you are for now. Cyber Security is a good one, is it an online or a physical training? How long will it take for you to get certified? Is it after certification that you intend to apply for jobs or you are actively sending job applications now? I think you should start from there. In the meantime, try to get familiar with your environment, don't keep late nights and please stay out of trouble. Try to endure, be cautious, plan your next move and work towards it. Good luck!

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by DropsMic(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
He should relocate elsewhere

4 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by ask4double(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
No, he should go live under the bridge.. what a question.

2 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by fasho01(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
He should endure and get a job first.

5 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by ajekpaks(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
hope you hold fight money which ever choice you make
Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Alexis11: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
Enugu to Lagos again

Why not relocate to Abia or Imo

Tomorrow now you will join your kinsmen to blame Sanwo-Olu for all your problems while sparing your SE governors.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by osazsky(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
Cleo18:

if u have accomodation u will need a job,if u dont have a job u dont need accomodation..stay with ur dad first

5 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Faber(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
The basic necessities of life are:
Food
Clothing
Shelter.

Jobs, Relationships, comes later.

So accommodation is no one. Then he will start looking for job. He should get a cheap short let apartment, like 3/6 months to get acclimatized with the new city. By then he will get a job, check his earnings and expenses and plan his life from there.

I have successfully relocated to many cities and zoomed off, immediately without stress

3 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by emmabest2000(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
It depends on the kind of job he or she is looking for

1 Like

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by gaby(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
Funny threads all over.
Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Sheriman(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
This one think that Lagos of 2020s was Lagos of 1970s.
You don't even know anything at all!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Patriotic9ja(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nairaland and funny posts. Is it that our youths have become so lazy upstairs that they can't decide basic things for themselves? So after this stage, you will come online to ask which church or mosque to attend in Lagos, if to buy a car 1st before a plot of land, if to marry 1st before dating, abi if to impregnate 1st before paying bride price and so on......

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by bravehost4u(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
1F30M4:
When you're squatting with people, just zero your mind about comfort. Be it friends or family relatives, no matter how well you relate with them, it is like that. Feel at home no mean say you fit jump yakata dey do anyhow, nobody send you even if you be Methuselah immediate younger brother, na who get house and who fess come house, dem know.

My brother, to rent house for Lagos no easy o. Shey na your savings you wan use run am? How many places you don know? Which areas you don go? To avoid premium tears, abort mission abeg. Agents go too whine you, dem go bill you, dem go still run you streetz. I saw the other thread & the idea of renting a 4bedroom apartment for the purpose of subletting it, no try am oo. Na Landlord trouble you wan start to dey find, dem go draaggg you like thief.

Cleo, I implore you to stay where you are for now. Cyber Security is a good one, is it an online or a physical training? How long will it take for you to get certified? Is it after certification that you intend to apply for jobs or you are actively sending job applications now? I think you should start from there. In the meantime, try to get familiar with your environment, don't keep late nights and please stay out of trouble. Try to endure, be cautious, plan your next move and work towards it. Good luck!

Great advice

5 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Lastmankc(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
Go back and hustle from where you are coming from, Lagos is overrated.

6 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Billingslord: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
Go back to alaigbo lagos is full already

9 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Thekaghan: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
Very soon this one will be shouting “Lagos is no man’s land” hating on everything about Lagos anyway you are welcome to obodo Lagos grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Offpoint1: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
You wan feel comfortable in Lagos when your aim is to come hustle?
e bi like sey you no make your research well.... unless sey na million you take enter lag.... e go shock you sey your 500k saving no go sustain you pass 2 months on your own.

Squat anywhere possible until you achieve your aim

23 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by moneyissweet(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
accommodation first
Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Get a job first, getting accommodation first will give you a false sense of comfort and also what if you get a job in a place farther than your accommodation?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by Okunga: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

grin grin

This is so funny…

If you know you know grin

3 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by tctrills: 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
Cleo18:

Does your question make sense at all? Getting a job and renting an apartment are 2 separate things. You don't have to forgo one for the other.

1 Like

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by LIGHTROOM: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2022
Accomodations first, in other to settle down and think we'll.
The stress in Lagos does not require you sleeping under third mainland bridge

1 Like

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by JideMakinwa(m): 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2022
First, he does not know which area of Lagos he'll eventually get a job. Getting accommodation first will only make him limit himself to the immediate vicinity of the house when searching for job, or spend heavily on tfare (with stress) if the jobs he gets turns out to be far from his place.

Also, he has to feed. Doesn't know how long he'll stay before job comes. He has to contribute to the maintenance of the place he is squatting, or at least feed his own mouth so he doesn't burden them much. Should not risk getting accommodation with the money without replacement.

In addition, he may have to start a biz later (POS, agriculture etc.) if job no come quick. He will need funds for that.

He may even have to relocate elsewhere.

He should not be in a rush to bring ladies home for lashing. If he's not disciplined enough sha, or konji cannot wait, he should get a place instead of 5k hotel room every now and then.

He should not be in a rush to be comfortable.

God's luck to him.

9 Likes

Re: Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? by csam: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2022
He should get a land cheesy grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Took A New Job At Only A 4% Salary Hike. Here's Why / Apply For Shell Livewire Nigeria Programme 2018 / Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.