Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel (4073 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Premium Fuel Required Cars. / Acura MDX And Premium Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Your ZDX isn't meant to be driven fast, don't deceive yourself. It's a simple SOHC 3.7L V6 in a massive SUV meant for comfort and cargo.

Utter nonsense. I have a coupe with a huge ~400 HP V8 that's sprints to 60 in about 4.5s and even I wouldn't say it's meant to be driven fast. Because it's not.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that your ZDX is some sort of performance-oriented vehicle. It's not. Great crossovers, though, I absolutely love them.
I'll think twice before saying Cargo cos there's not a lot of space in the trunk. I'm not saying f1 kind of fast like you're making it look. Fast as in regular fast. It's 310 HP. Oh to quote you from way back, you once said horsepower means nothing when it comes to speed. Now you're mentioning your coupe's horsepower when talking about speed. You contradict yourself sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I'll think twice before saying Cargo cos there's not a lot of space in the trunk. I'm not saying f1 kind of fast like you're making it look. Fast as in regular fast. It's 310 HP. Oh to quote you from way back, you once said horsepower means nothing when it comes to speed. Now you're mentioning your coupe's horsepower when talking about speed. You contradict yourself sometimes.

Feel free to share the post where I said that.

As far as I know, all I've ever said is that power and weight are what matter for speed. So unless you think your ZDX is light, I'm not sure what your point is.
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

No one says it's formula 1 fast. We are talking about regular fast here. Stop going out of your way to make a point. Everyone knows the kind of fast we are talking about. I'm not saying that cos I like my car. It's not my first Acura and I know they are fast in the regular car sense. That's what I mean
1. Driven fast
2. Regular fast
3. Not f1 fast
4. Acuras are fast
5. Meant to be driven fast

All this from premium fuel.

How this goal post and stadium was shifted from it's original coordinates is astonishing.

As per your original request..
1. There is no premium fuel sold in Nigeria (our fuel is terrible)
2. If you want to keep pinging at bay, keep rpms low (below 3000rpm) if you can or use octane boosters. Occasional incursions into the high end won't grenade your engine though. Mine has lasted 4 years on Nigerian fuel.
3. Do not pour any snake oil into your fuel tank oo.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
9icetoo:

1. Driven fast
2. Regular fast
3. Not f1 fast
4. Acuras are fast
5. Meant to be driven fast

All this from premium fuel.

How this goal post and stadium was shifted from it's original coordinates is astonishing.

As per your original request..
1. There is no premium fuel sold in Nigeria (our fuel is terrible)
2. If you want to keep pinging at bay, keep rpms low (below 3000rpm) if you can or use octane boosters. Occasional incursions into the high end won't grenade your engine though. Mine has lasted 4 years on Nigerian fuel.
3. Do not pour any snake oil into your fuel tank oo.

Thank you.
I should keep RPM below 3000 grin
I suppose dey trek now undecided
Which kind advice be that. Do you know how slow 3000rpm is? Even in traffic, people will still shout at you.
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by jceesquare(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Feel free to share the post where I said that.

As far as I know, all I've ever said is that [b]power and weight are what matter for spee[/b]d. So unless you think your ZDX is light, I'm not sure what your point is.
Power and weight does not just matter in speed, but in everything. From cornering, to acceleration and handling.
I no know why you still dey answer this guy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by jceesquare(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Which kind advice be that. Do you know how slow 3000rpm is? Even in traffic, people will still shout at you.
Keeping the revs at 3,000RPM does not in anyway mean you would be slow.
As a matter of fact, you could be at that RPM and still be cruising at 80MPH or more if you drive light without passengers onboard.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by homeboy205: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Drove below 3000 rpm yesterday on the Lagos highway with Lexus ES 330 and I was cruising 120-140km/h…

Throughout he journey, I never needed more than 3000 rpm and no car overtake me

“If Car is healthy” you never needed more than 3000 rpm to attain your speed.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
jceesquare:

Keeping the revs at 3,000RPM does not in anyway mean you would be slow.
As a matter of fact, you could be at that RPM and still be cruising at 80MPH or more if you drive light without passengers onboard.

He obviously has no idea what he's talking about tbh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Others have done justice to your .....(I really don't have a word for it.

This will be my last response.
At 2700 rpm on a similar car with the same engine that you have in the zdx, I am already doing 130 to 140km/hr on a flat road.

I keep up with traffic easily at 3000 rpm and usually do not need to get to that to overtake.

My gear-changes when I am driving sanely occur at 2200 rpm on a flat road and at 2500 on slight inclines.

It is up to you to either grenade this engine, burn out your catalysts or keep this car on the road for the next few years.

See ya.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

He obviously has no idea what he's talking about tbh.
Obviously.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
9icetoo:

At 2700 rpm on a similar car with the same engine that you have in the zdx, I am already doing 130 to 140km/hr on a flat road.

I keep up with traffic easily at 3000 rpm and usually do not need to get to that to overtake.

My gear-changes when I am driving sanely occur at 2200 rpm on a flat road and at 2500 on slight inclines.

It is up to you to either grenade this engine, burn out your catalysts or keep this car on the road for the next few years.

See ya.
You're right about the RPM. Just confirmed that. At 300rpm, I was already cruising at above 120. Never really paid attention to my RPM when I drive. I'm always looking at the km/h
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by an0daGuy: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

You're right about the RPM. Just confirmed that. At 300rpm, I was already cruising at above 120. Never really paid attention to my RPM when I drive. I'm always looking at the km/h

That means you’re truly a noob when it comes to automobiles. Even my 2.4l engine does 90kmph at 2,000 rpm.

You should take all the advice given to you by gearheads on this your thread to heart and keep quiet about it.

Don’t turn your zdx into your other tlx/accord.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
an0daGuy:

That means you’re truly a noob when it comes to automobiles. Even my 2.4l engine does 90kmph at 2,000 rpm.

You should take all the advice given to you by gearheads on this your thread to heart and keep quiet about it.

Don’t turn your zdx into your other tlx/accord.
I didn't invite you into this conversation pls. Calling me a noob is a bit too much considering it's my 7th year driving different cars. Please don't be irresponsible, no one is an island of knowledge, that doesn't make me a noob. Be careful pls, the fact that you have t lhe freedom to say whatever in this forum doesn't give you the audacity to throw tantrum at people.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by an0daGuy: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I didn't invite you into this conversation pls. Calling me a noob is a bit too much considering it's my 7th year driving different cars. Please don't be irresponsible, no one is an island of knowledge, that doesn't make make a noob. Be careful pls.

Oga nobody forced you to use your thumbs to open a new thread on nairaland cartalk section to post pictures to show how long your dick had grown since you bought a used Acura zdx grin this is a public forum so no invitation is needed

You’re not even ashamed that after 7 years of driving you don’t know the correlation between your engine rpm, it’s speedometer and your gears. A noob is even better than you because the noob is supposed to be new to driving in general.

You? 7 years? Nah. . . You’re definitely not a noob

You’re something worse . . . Hold on let me think of a befitting name for your own level of ignorance undecided it’s definitely niche

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
an0daGuy:

Oga nobody forced you to use your thumbs to open a new thread on nairaland cartalk section to post pictures to show how long your dick had grown since you bought a used Acura zdx grin this is a public forum so no invitation is needed

You’re not even ashamed that after 7 years of driving you don’t know the correlation between your engine rpm, it’s speedometer and your gears. A noob is even better than you because the noob is supposed to be new to driving in general.

You? 7 years? Nah. . . You’re definitely not a noob

You’re something worse . . . Hold on let me think of a befitting name for your own level of ignorance undecided it’s definitely niche

Funny bunch, I have two houses, I didn't grow longer dick when I built them, na car go come make me grow longer dick. Common sense is far from you. The fact that I said I don't pay too much attention to my rpm doesn't mean I don't know how it works and when/where my gear shift. But ofcourse all mouth and no brains will think otherwise. The funny thing is, na broke people dey always think say people dey brag. Once they buy uber corolla like this, they suddenly become engineers on Nairaland and think all cars are just danfo like theirs.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by an0daGuy: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Funny bunch, I have two houses, I didn't grow longer dick when I built them, na car go come make me grow longer dick. Common sense is far from you. The fact that I said I don't pay too much attention to my rpm doesn't mean I don't know how it works and when/where my gear shift. But ofcourse all mouth and no brains will think otherwise. The funny thing is, na broke people dey always think say people dey brag. Once they buy corolla like this, they think all cars are just dango like theirs.

lol grin e pain am

Oga rich man with, one head, long dick, iPhone 14 pro max, 2 mansions, several cars, many servants, one wife, 3 side chicks, 4 children, 5 adopted orphans, 7 years driving experience, 6 years total flying time etc etc cheesy

Rest for side jor

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
an0daGuy:

lol grin e pain am

Oga rich man with, one head, long dick, iPhone 14 pro max, 2 mansions, several cars, many servants, one wife, 3 side chicks, 4 children, 5 adopted orphans, 7 years driving experience, 6 years total flying time etc etc cheesy

Rest for side jor
I won't indulge you any further. Just stay away from my thread. It's not for stupid people.
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by an0daGuy: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I won't indulge you any further. Just stay away from my thread. It's not for stupid people.

Yet you created it? undecided how ironic

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Soki234: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2022

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by olumzzz(m): 4:44am On Jun 11, 2022
And the schooling continues.
Make me sef go find rpm pic to post

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Okadarider: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Omo ! people dey this country o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Elcapitan0: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
9icetoo:

See ya.
Boss, please give me a few pointers on the MDX usage. I'm currently torn between choices because of our insane clearing charges and dealers greediness. The MDX is now the only choiceon my radar as all sedans i have in mind are a no-no for my terrain. I'll appreciate any good advice from a current user.
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 9icetoo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
Elcapitan0:

Boss, please give me a few pointers on the MDX usage. I'm currently torn between choices because of our insane clearing charges and dealers greediness. The MDX is now the only choiceon my radar as all sedans i have in mind are a no-no for my terrain. I'll appreciate any good advice from a current user.
Nothing much to worry about.

It's a good SUV.

It's now becoming very popular.

Go ahead if you see a good one.

However, make sure you know the maintenance history for the timing belt.

Do a vincheck to know when last it was changed and the current mileage.

If it has not been changed (usually changed every 105k miles or every 7 years whichever comes first), then budget to change it with genuine belt after purchase.

The engine will be destroyed if that timing belt quits while you are driving.

Other than that, fire down.

He, one last thing.
The fuel consumption is not like Corolla oo.

So don't ever except to see anything above 18mpg on the highway or 14mpg in the city.

If you reside in lagos, expect 10mpg. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by Elcapitan0: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2022
9icetoo:

Nothing much to worry about.

It's a good SUV.

It's now becoming very popular.

Go ahead if you see a good one.

However, make sure you know the maintenance history for the timing belt.

Do a vincheck to know when last it was changed and the current mileage.

If it has not been changed (usually changed every 105k miles or every 7 years whichever comes first), then budget to change it with genuine belt after purchase.

The engine will be destroyed if that timing belt quits while you are driving.

Other than that, fire down.

He, one last thing.
The fuel consumption is not like Corolla oo.

So don't ever except to see anything above 18mpg on the highway or 14mpg in the city.

If you reside in lagos, expect 10mpg. grin
Noted and thanks.
P.S I hate corolla and the percieved low fuel consumption thingy. Some people's corolla are in so bad a shape that it competes with FX35 fuel consumption grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by KINGKONG(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
I can give you contact of those guys who sell premium fuel.... I don't know where they get it from because it's used specially for 250HP outboard engines boat owned by an oil servicing company in Port Harcourt
Re: How Do I Solve The Problem Of Premium Fuel by 735i(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
Are they here in Lagos? If yes, share contacts abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Vehicle? / 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You / Do You Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates?? (LAGOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.