Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) (59289 Views)

Saudi Cancels Visa Of Air Peace's 264 Passengers After Arriving In Jeddah / Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Suspected Drunk Driver Seen Driving Dangerously In Lekki, Lagos (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by legionISproteus: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Newphiligeek123:

America is still better than Nigeria 1000%, regardless.
Very true

1 Like

Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Splitmind: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
legionISproteus:
Today at Owo

That is an isolated case, it is not common
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Highlandgee: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
Splitmind:

How many times do you see people getting killed like in America?

So you are saying there are no hit-and-run accidents or drunken driving in Nigeria? undecided

By the way, how many times do containers fall on top of people from trailers in America like it happens in Nigeria?
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by t2luv1: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
juman:
America is unsafe country.
Forty thousand people die each year of road accident in america.

And 79 people get killed every freaking day by guns. Yeap I said every day !!!! Let that sink in people. Truly a Made In America Carnage. Mass shootings alone in 2022 up to 212. I have been a gun owner since 1999 (4 guns to be exact) and have had my concealed carry license since 2013. Now I am all in for banning all assault rifles. Time we do something regarding all these shootings.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by legionISproteus: 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
Splitmind:

That is an isolated case, it is not common
just look at you
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2022
Village people still follow am enter plane go international
Chaii I fear una
Respect
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Maforgreats(m): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2022
At that particular time, of that particular day of that particular minute, of that particular second, he was outside and a drunk happened to be on the wheel, these are not of the ordinary it's too much, after 45 years of life
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by nijanigga: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
Nigerian mentality weytin concetn village people inside this ? Make village no die again
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by juman(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2022
t2luv1:

And 79 people get killed every freaking day by guns. Yeap I said every day !!!! Let that sink in people. Truly a Made In America Carnage. Mass shootings alone in 2022 up to 212. I have been a gun owner since 1999 (4 guns to be exact) and have had my concealed carry license since 2013. Now I am all in for banning all assault rifles. Time we do something regarding all these shootings.

If I live in america I would have anti bullet juju in my body.

Sometimes I would go and tease their policemen to shoot and see african power.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Value2Ethics: 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
What a sad news...

As a black person, living in Europe, UK and/or North America, never walk on the side of road where vehicle is coming behind you.

Racist people will just drive into you, and since it is from the back, you will never see your death.

Better, walk on the side of road where vehicle will be coming in your front, if any racist tries to drive into you, atleast you see and do your best to run away....

Highlandgee:
Tributes from family and friends have poured in for a Nigerian, Patrick Ohanta, 45, who was hit and killed by a car driven by a drunk driver while standing by the side of a kerb in Pineville, Louisiana.

According to friends who knew him, Patrick Ohanta popularly called “Pato” had arrive America only 6 weeks ago. He was an alumnus of the University of Ibadan and a keen footballer.

He had his promising life cut short in the auto accident while walking home from a job interview at about 5.20 PM.

Louisiana State Police Troop E and the Alexandria Police Department responded the accident that killed Patrick. APD believes impairment was a factor in one of the accidents.

Police say, Patrick was attempting to cross the Curtis-Coleman Bridge when he was struck by a vehicle driven by a 29 year-old man from Pineville. A preliminary investigation conducted by the APD shows the man drove onto the shoulder hitting Ohanta who was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver was taken into custody at the scene. He was booked into RPSO Jail and charged with driving while intoxicated – 4th offense, operating a vehicle while under suspension, reckless operation of a vehicle, and vehicular homicide.

A GoFundMe to support Patrick’s wife and family for the funeral has been opened.

APD is looking for witnesses who may have information about this incident. Call the Alexandria Police Department Traffic Division at (318) 441-6408.

Routine toxicology tests are pending. The crash remains under investigation.

Source: Afrotimes Newspaper https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/123387380372806/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by t2luv1: 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
juman:

If I live in america I would have anti bullet juju in my body.

Sometimes I would go and tease their policemen to shoot and see african power.

That juju crap is a myth. Do you have any idea how much USA military budget is every year. I give you a hint $766 billion. Russia is $80 billion while China is $120 Billion. If that juju crap is for real trust me USA won't mind spending $8 million on each soldier to create an army of 100,000. Those are 100,000 people we know we can send to war with the expectation that they will all come back alive. We will be in a constant state of war trust me.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Burgerlomo: 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
This is unbelievable! So sad, RIP to the dead.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Gideon34: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Being prayerful is the key may his soul rest in peace..
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by fexyrich(m): 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
These village people still follow this innocent man reach America...May his gentle soul rip
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Highlandgee: 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
juman:

Regardless, if I dey in nigeria if I get american visa I go grab it. But go to more sensible area.

Right now Afghanistan and yemen are better than nigeria.

True
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Paulianfa(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Village people are sighted
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Highlandgee: 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
For all the latest news about Nigerians and Africans abroad, read Afrotimes Newspaper
https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper

Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Litmus: 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
juman:
America is unsafe country.
Forty thousand people die each year of road accident in america.

Thousand of people are dying every month, just to keep this useless country America . Divide that country now!!!
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:09am On Jun 06, 2022
So sad embarassed
Rip man
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by usagee36: 12:32am On Jun 06, 2022
6weeks what? cry cry
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Organs(m): 12:38am On Jun 06, 2022
Ninejaywon:
Kai, village people connection too strong on this one. Just 6 wks Dem for let am reach 5 years nah. angry

Poverty mentality. With all our religiosity for Naija, village people still get power, maybe make we cancel all religious institutions come focus on village people.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by MrALIVE: 2:11am On Jun 06, 2022
Person go escape this hell called Nigeria to go hustle and still meet his end for overseas through this very sad means.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by favour32(m): 4:32am On Jun 06, 2022
No where far from village people.
Dem still pursue am even after e take off escape.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by ufotunang: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2022
It's quite unfortunate
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by ufotunang: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2022
May your gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by segun18(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2022
Damn ! This is bad luck.Just after escaping from Nigeria's wahala and now this!

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Lacash: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2022
Highlandgee:
Tributes from family and friends have poured in for a Nigerian, Patrick Ohanta, 45, who was hit and killed by a car driven by a drunk driver while standing by the side of a kerb in Pineville, Louisiana.

According to friends who knew him, Patrick Ohanta popularly called “Pato” had arrive America only 6 weeks ago. He was an alumnus of the University of Ibadan and a keen footballer.

He had his promising life cut short in the auto accident while walking home from a job interview at about 5.20 PM.

Louisiana State Police Troop E and the Alexandria Police Department responded the accident that killed Patrick. APD believes impairment was a factor in one of the accidents.

Police say, Patrick was attempting to cross the Curtis-Coleman Bridge when he was struck by a vehicle driven by a 29 year-old man from Pineville. A preliminary investigation conducted by the APD shows the man drove onto the shoulder hitting Ohanta who was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver was taken into custody at the scene. He was booked into RPSO Jail and charged with driving while intoxicated – 4th offense, operating a vehicle while under suspension, reckless operation of a vehicle, and vehicular homicide.

A GoFundMe to support Patrick’s wife and family for the funeral has been opened.

APD is looking for witnesses who may have information about this incident. Call the Alexandria Police Department Traffic Division at (318) 441-6408.

Routine toxicology tests are pending. The crash remains under investigation.

Source: Afrotimes Newspaper https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/123387380372806/
See as pelsin escape this shithole cowntry still go Jam Agbako for Bodoyinbo….Rip to him shocked
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Highlandgee: 11:31am On Jun 06, 2022
RIP, Patrick
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by godwon01(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
Newphiligeek123:
RIP.
Could be village people things lipsrsealed
Yes of course. Doesn't look ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by caringchi(f): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2022
Patrick's death have dealt a very bad blow on his family which will leave a very bitter taste in their mouths forever! They are inconsolable.

Three weeks after he got there, he got a job as a Brand Ambassador of one company in Louisiana. He was really moving fast. It's saddening. ���� embarassed
Re: Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) by Highlandgee: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
oloshun:
We lived in the same Nnamdi Azikwe Hall. Same year in, same out. I will ask around if he has family the US to go greet them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) / Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.