Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (82917 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
New season beckons . . . Let hope we can deliver the 20th league title.

COME ON YOU REDS

continued from : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-567773.0.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
let's go there.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2011
More titles here cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Mobinga: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
Liverpool better pick up this season. Seems Arsenal and Chelsea are worthless and incapable of mounting a decent challenge. Liverpool has to do the work  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mukina2: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
dreamer @ title tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
Baba:

"Forget it. We are looking at some things but I am not so sure Sneijder will be easy to get. I could pick three or four players to come in but they wouldn't be good enough for us, so there is no point.

"I would be happy enough [to continue with the present squad]. Maybe I am a bit overloaded in the strikers' positions. The alternatives in midfield are not nearly as strong. But I have a good squad."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2011
mukina2:

dreamer @ title tongue

We come from the theatre of dreams tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
chamotex:

Baba:

"Forget it. We are looking at some things but I am not so sure Sneijder will be easy to get. I could pick three or four players to come in but they wouldn't be good enough for us, so there is no point.

"I would be happy enough [to continue with the present squad]. Maybe I am a bit overloaded in the strikers' positions. The alternatives in midfield are not nearly as strong. But I have a good squad."
we are obviously over loaded in the strikers department, Macheda and Diouf to go on loan again.before being sold off.
As soon as Gibson leaves, there will be a new midfileder in.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2011
chamotex:

We come from the theatre of dreams tongue

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
chamotex:

Baba:

Sounds like a modified version of "there is no value in d market".
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by mbulela: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2011
^^^^
we no wan hear that story o!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Myself2(m): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2011
Mobinga:

Liverpool better pick up this season. Seems Arsenal and Chelsea are worthless and incapable of mounting a decent challenge. Liverpool has to do the work grin

For your mind oo

Well this is what we get as a results of Arsene Wenger's stinginess

But I ask,why are you not reckoning with Man City?you didn't even mention them,you and I know they're the stronger of the two manchester clubs and they're poised to claim the definitive bragging rights over united,don't you think so?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Myself2(m): 9:18am On Jul 20, 2011
@ Jackal

A big SALOOT

cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2011
Myself2:

For your mind oo

Well this is what we get as a results of Arsene Wenger's stinginess

But I ask,why are you not reckoning with Man City?you didn't even mention them,you and I know they're the stronger of the two manchester clubs and they're poised to claim the definitive bragging rights over united,don't you think so?

Did i read you right? Citeh stronger than United in what aspects pls?
Ok coming third? Pls Citeh are better off now than before but saying they are the stronger of the two Manchester teams is like calling meat stock pepper soup!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
^^^^
Too early to be replying drunken folks.
City stronger than United.
Laughable at best. . .on what grounds?
The wonders of anonymity. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2011
have we signed wesley sneijder yet?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

have we signed wesley sneijder yet?

Seriously, apart from Sneijder . . . what other player could we get for that role? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
schweinsteiger
de rossi
mesut ozil
khedira
**tiote**
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

schweinsteiger
de rossi
mesut ozil
khedira
**tiote**

The only player that I fancy there is Schweiny.
Never been a fan of Ozil, poor work rate and stamina and he would be the worst player to play in a 4-4-2
Khedira and Tiote are defensive CM's but I'd take De Rossi though for tenacity and his never-say-die attitude. Perfect for a 4-4-2 formation.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
chamotex:

The only player that I fancy there is Schweiny.
Never been a fan of Ozil, poor work rate and stamina and he would be the worst player to play in a 4-4-2
Khedira and Tiote are defensive CM's but I'd take De Rossi though for tenacity and his never-say-die attitude. Perfect for a 4-4-2 formation.

there are rumours fergie is about to abandon the 4-4-2 project. 4-1-3-2 and 4-2-1-3 are what fergie is working on next season. if fergie does not replace paul scholes, united will struggle next season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
4-1-3-2? No wingers? Fergie would rather die grin He loves his hot wings

4-2-1-3? This is slightly similar to the 4-3-3 we play sometimes. No qualms

We need a CM tho . . . If we get struck by injuries which will inevitably happen during the course of the season, we would struggle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

there are rumours fergie is about to abandon the 4-4-2 project. 4-1-3-2 and 4-2-1-3 are what fergie is working on next season. if fergie does not replace paul scholes, united will struggle next season.

I disagree. . . . . he didn't play in our high profile games last season.
Giggs was mainly the main stay. the few games he played, paul cannot be said to have made a difference.
All we need to do is to revert to a playing system that can accommodate his absence.
4 - 3 - 2 - 1 will work for us with Chicharito or Rooney leading the line!!
We need an AM but not with the prices being bandied about!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
@coogar,
Fergie without wingers is like Arsenal with trophies (lately). . .refuses to happen. . .

There must be at least one winger. Otherwise, what are Nani,Valencia,Obertan all going to be doing in that squad?
@Emperoh,
We were lucky to get away with most of the stuff we did last season.Without a CM like Scholes,we're deep-fried.
Giggs shouldn't be relied upon at this stage of his career to do the CM,besides,aside from a handful of games,Giggs was basically tired last season. . .I agree with coogar.4-3-2-1 smells of defensive-mindedness,which isn't United's way,so I don't quite fancy that formation.With the plethora of wingers at our disposal,it's hard to see any formation without wingers being deployed by Fergie.
As per replacements in the middle, De Rossi is my personal choice,remains to be seen if he is ideal. . .Schweiny is quite robust but I hate GErmans grin. . .which German has played for United previously?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
chamotex:

4-1-3-2? No wingers? Fergie would rather die  grin  He loves his hot wings

4-2-1-3? This is slightly similar to the 4-3-3 we play sometimes. No qualms

We need a CM tho . . . If we get struck by injuries which will inevitably happen during the course of the season, we would struggle.

4-1-3-2 has wingers in the "3". germany used 4-2-3-1 at the world cup, using muller and podolski as wingers with ozil in the centre.

i am saying. . .

----------de gea----------

raf-----rio---vidic----evra

---------carrick------------

valencia----sneijder---young/nani

-----chicharito-----rooney------

Emperoh:

I disagree. . . . . he didn't play in our high profile games last season.
Giggs was mainly the main stay. the few games he played, paul cannot be said to have made a difference.
All we need to do is to revert to a playing system that can accommodate his absence.
4 - 3 - 2 - 1 will work for us with Chicharito or Rooney leading the line!!
We need an AM but not with the prices being bandied about!!

giggs will be a year older. will be 38 or thereabout so you can forget giggs. if he has any decorum at all, he should have retired with scholes and neville. i don't really see giggs playing any significant part next season.

how can you play 4-3-2-1 with 2 strikers leading the line. only one striker can lead the line in that formation unless you meant 4-3-1-2.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
^^^^^
I meant one of the two and not two of them!
4231 looks more like it to me. . . . . but don't you think that Ando will perfectly play that Snejder role if fit.
maybe not as good as Wesley but if given run of games, can develop?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
Emperoh:

^^^^^
I meant one of the two and not two of them!
4231 looks more like it to me. . . . . but don't you think that Ando will perfectly play that Snejder role if fit.
maybe not as good as Wesley but if given run of games, can develop?

anderson can do it. . . . . .but, we need an experienced midfield general in that position. scholes/neville/vds/oshea/hargreaves/brown have all departed. giggs will find it difficult next season @38, we must add at least one experienced maestro in that midfield.
fergie wants to close the gap between barcelona and man utd. sneijder will go a long way in closing that gap. we need to sign him now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
@coogar,
How much is Sneijder worth?
35 mill for him at 27/28 is a stretch really.It's exhorbitant.
Fergie won't throw that much for someone like that,especially since the Veron episode happened.
That price is a huge gamble,not only for the club,but the player himself.Aside Figo and Zidane, in 2001 there was hardly a better central midfielder in Europe (Scholes maybe could be included in that list) and we got him for around 28 mill.he was a disaster,really and his career went downhill from there till he tried to reinvent himself in Estudiantes around 2009.

It seems Morratti wants to load-shed the guy,i hear his wages are DEATH. . .
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016904/Manchester-United-told-bid-Wesley-Sneijder.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2011
StarBoard:

@coogar,
How much is Sneijder worth?
35 mill for him at 27/28 is a stretch really.It's exhorbitant.

how much did we pay to get berbatov @27 in 2008(when the british pounds was stronger against the euros)? until then, berbatov had no league title in a big league, no champions league title to his name. now compare to wesley sneijder who has won in spain, italy and holland. wesley sneijder who was few seconds away from winning the world cup had robben been more clinical in front of goal.

Fergie won't throw that much for someone like that,especially since the Veron episode happened.

he threw on rooney, berbatov, de gea, smalling.

That price is a huge gamble,not only for the club,but the player himself.Aside Figo and Zidane, in 2001 there was hardly a better central midfielder in Europe (Scholes maybe could be included in that list) and we got him for around 28 mill.he was a disaster,really and his career went downhill from there till he tried to reinvent himself in Estudiantes around 2009.

veron became a disaster because fergie had to reshuffle the whole pack. played scholes in a position not convenient to the gingerman. now, there's a huge hole in that midfield begging to be filled. it's not like fergie will move someone out of position to accommodate sneijder. that position is bread and butter for him. i will say let's get him. he's in the top 3 midfielder in europe. to get a world class player, we must pay world class fees.

It seems Morratti wants to load-shed the guy,i hear his wages are DEATH. . .
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2016904/Manchester-United-told-bid-Wesley-Sneijder.html

i am not arsed about these wages. blame the british government. the decision to bump the price from 40% to 50% will definitely affect the wages.
£250k for sneijder means he willl only take home £125k per week. whereas, if he was moving to a club in spain with 23% tax, his asking wages wouldn't be more than £140k per week. it's the tax that is screwing sneijder's deal not sneijder himself. his take-home pay is a key factor.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
Emperoh:

We need an AM but not with the prices being bandied about!![/color]

We have to sign at least one central midfielder, whether over-priced or cheap. Abeg d near heart attacks of last season can't be good for United fans  grin. Are we really thinking of going into d season with Ando, Carrick, Fletcher as d only experienced central midfielders in d team. Yes I know I didn't include Giggs, why, cos he is not a central midfielder despite his attempts to impersonate one  smiley, not to mention at about a 100 years old, d guy is one overly intensive match away from permanent retirement  cool. As for not including Cleverley, besides d fact he could turn out like Gibson or worse Possebon, why would we rely on player whose modestly successful loan spell was spent playing left wing for Wigan, who narrowly escaped d drop .

All this despite not considering d issues that btwn Ando, Carrick and Fletcher themselves. I never thought I would be saying this, but I really hope Gibson stays now.  

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Myself2(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
Emperoh:

Did i read you right? Citeh stronger than United in what aspects pls?
Ok coming third? Pls Citeh are better off now than before but saying they are the stronger of the two Manchester teams is like calling meat stock pepper soup!!

Of course I know,was just throwing stones as a way of responding to @ Mo's harsh remarks
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Myself2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^^
Too early to be replying drunken folks.
City stronger than United.
Laughable at best. . .on what grounds?
The wonders of anonymity. . .

Mumu
Why are you stu-stu-stuter-stuterring?
Must you always flaunt your poor sense of records and time.You want to tell me you've forgotten it's not about this time I get drunk with your father??,I'll just remind you once again that we(your father and I) only get drunk after double-teaming yo' momma
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
ok,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.