Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel (724 Views)

Between Madza 5, Ford Galaxy and Honda Element. / Shift Solenoid Problem With Ford Edge / I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel by fineboynl(m): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
It was a sad experience I will always remembered. I was beginning to like ford cars but what happened with ford galaxy have changed my mind.

The car they showed me before I bought ticket was another vehicle a sienna.

They put my bag on a sienna but later move it to this ford galaxy. When I enter inside the Ford there was dirt's on the fabric seats and discoloration from mechanic Yard. More like a vehicle that have slept all it life abandoned several times at a mechanic workshop.

The journey was never smooth and it was plugged with electrical problem here and there. It was a night journey and spend several hours for a journey of 3hours considering bad wrong and night.

The car headlights will switch off by itself. And After some time it will come on by itself.

The driver was confused and helpless after so many stop and opening of bournet touching here and there at the middle of the night.

When the car stop my phone will start charging from the USB on dashboard as I sat at the front seat. but when he starts the car the phone will stop charging.

There was some dangerous spot he would not want to stop and continue driving without headlights and most trailer drivers from opposite direction wouldn't see us on time. So instead he was using double traffigator.

He even connected 4 small external headlights at the front which was constructed by rewire which I know he was awere of the problems before hand. Even the 4 light continue to fail also.

I have been telling him he should connect the small forged headlight direct to battery so we can manage to drive it. But he was confused and say how? He was scared to tempted with it.

Everyone was helpless and scared.
Until I had enough and told him to park the car and open the bournet. I trace the wire from the forge 4 light but it will was connected to a sucket that move inside the car.

which I was a but confused finding where to tap it since we don't even have wire to start with.

I find the place to tap it and told him to cut the wire from there but he was scared to even tempted with it as he was doubting my skills.

There was a saving grace on that car maybe God knows why I entered that car to save every souls. Because they vehicle I was supposed to enter just left as I came.

. I check my time it was 10pm in the dark of no where, what you see is bush. And he said some Fulani kidnap one of his driver friend from that road and took them inside the bush. Some passenger was already panic.

With the touch light from my phone showed him to trust me and cut that wire. So he cut the wire and I put the wire on the battery myself because he doesn't know where to out it.. and 2 small light from the 4 Forge light come out from the right.

Then I showed him the other wire to cut. But that wire was shot so he said the wire will not even reach the negative side of the battery. But I told him that not were put it but on the some positive. He was arguing. But I explained that the neutral is already connected in the car that we the other to light came on. Since the other wire is short is to connect it on the longer wire. Is just to peal it from the Middle.

He was not satisfied with my explanation until I did it by a little touch and the other two at the left side flashes.

He was convince to use the extension of the other wire to tap it from the middle and the other two Forge lights came on. At least its manageable than nothing at all.

He was still scared telling me if the lights will not burn on the road. I told him to relax as he is insulting me.

That how will manage the car that night.

Ford cars. Not me.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel by id4sho(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
fineboynl:
It was a sad experience I will always remembered. I was beginning to like ford cars but what happened with ford galaxy have changed my mind.

The car they showed me before I bought ticket was another vehicle a sienna.

They put my bag on a sienna but later move it to this ford galaxy. When I enter inside the Ford there was dirt's on the fabric seats and discoloration from mechanic Yard. More like a vehicle that have slept all it life abandoned several times at a mechanic workshop.

The journey was never smooth and it was plugged with electrical problem here and there. It was a night journey and spend several hours for a journey of 3hours considering bad wrong and night.

The car headlights will switch off by itself. And After some time it will come on by itself.

The driver was confused and helpless after so many stop and opening of bournet touching here and there at the middle of the night.

When the car stop my phone will start charging from the USB on dashboard as I sat at the front seat. but when he starts the car the phone will stop charging.

There was some dangerous spot he would not want to stop and continue driving without headlights and most trailer drivers from opposite direction wouldn't see us on time. So instead he was using double traffigator.

He even connected 4 small external headlights at the front which was constructed by rewire which I know he was awere of the problems before hand. Even the 4 light continue to fail also.

I have been telling him he should connect the small forged headlight direct to battery so we can manage to drive it. But he was confused and say how? He was scared to tempted with it.

Everyone was helpless and scared.
Until I had enough and told him to park the car and open the bournet. I trace the wire from the forge 4 light but it will was connected to a sucket that move inside the car.

which I was a but confused finding where to tap it since we don't even have wire to start with.

I find the place to tap it and told him to cut the wire from there but he was scared to even tempted with it as he was doubting my skills.

There was a saving grace on that car maybe God knows why I entered that car to save every souls. Because they vehicle I was supposed to enter just left as I came.

. I check my time it was 10pm in the dark of no where, what you see is bush. And he said some Fulani kidnap one of his driver friend from that road and took them inside the bush. Some passenger was already panic.

With the touch light from my phone showed him to trust me and cut that wire. So he cut the wire and I put the wire on the battery myself because he doesn't know where to out it.. and 2 small light from the 4 Forge light come out from the right.

Then I showed him the other wire to cut. But that wire was shot so he said the wire will not even reach the negative side of the battery. But I told him that not were put it but on the some positive. He was arguing. But I explained that the neutral is already connected in the car that we the other to light came on. Since the other wire is short is to connect it on the longer wire. Is just to peal it from the Middle.

He was not satisfied with my explanation until I did it by a little touch and the other two at the left side flashes.

He was convince to use the extension of the other wire to tap it from the middle and the other two Forge lights came on. At least its manageable than nothing at all.

He was still scared telling me if the lights will not burn on the road. I told him to relax as he is insulting me.

That how will manage the car that night.

Ford cars. Not me.

That one was abused, it's widely used here in jos and mechanics/electricians are rampant. It's generally common in the northern part of the country

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel by id4sho(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Jos mechanics dislike the Ford focus, that small care is problematic. From wiring to electrical
Re: My Experience With Ford Galaxy Interstate Public Travel by Kingdemu: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2022
Ford Galaxy and Volks Sharan are the 2 most used cars for public transport up North. In fact, they outrightly tripple the number of Toyota Siennas used for inter-state travels over here. So the fact that you experienced a highly abused Ford Galaxy doesn't make the whole Ford line up bad. Abi one abused Hiace go mean sey the entire Toyota line up should be avoided or you just want display stu.pidity?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Ac Compressor For Sale / Safety And Maintenance Tips. / Is Tinted Glass Permit Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.