Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,223 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? (29511 Views)

Before And After : Shettima At NBA / Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / Yemi Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Called Him A Ice Cream Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by dre11(m): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
By Stephen Onda
A video showing Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo in company with some of his aides buying pop corn amidst laughter and cheers from onlookers is trending.

A section of Nigerians have noted that the vice president pulled the stunt in reaction to comments credited to Senator Kashim Shettima, the coordinator of the campaign team of former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, ahead of the All Progressives Congress presidential primary scheduled to hold in Abuja.

Shettima had while appearing on a Channels Television programe, Politics Today, said Tinubu is the best person for the plum job.

When he was asked about Osinbajo’s chances of clinching the APC presidential ticket, he answered, “the VP? Osinbajo is a good man, he is a nice man, but nice men don’t make good leaders, recognized men tend to be nasty.

“Nice men should be selling pop corn, ice cream and bologna but he is a very decent person and I can’t doubt that and he’s my personal friend and I would rather not comment on his person but he’s a decent man. That I can tell you.”

Verification

Checks by Daily Trust revealed that the video is an old one being re-circulated. The video was shot at Genesis cinema in 2018.

At about 8:43 pm on the 21st of December, 2018, Prof. Osinbajo had tweeted that he was at Genesis Cinema where he wanted to watch Nollywood’s most recent highest grossing movie, Chief Daddy, with youths that evening.

In the tweet (accompanied with the video) made via his verified Twitter handle, @ProfOsinbajo, the vice president could be seen sharing jokes and popcorn with excited youths.

Conclusion

Relying on the content of the VP’s tweet back in 2018, Daily Trust can authoritatively confirm that the viral video in circulation and the accompanying narrative is a deliberate attempt to mislead the general public.

The video is not a new one and should be disregarded.

https://dailytrust.com/fact-check-did-osinbajo-patronise-ice-cream-shop-after-shettimas-comment

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by DoggoneDogg: 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2022
So OP is saying that Nairaland pushed fake news to FP. Lol

Anyway, my question is; How did a security outfit like Amotekun acquire bombs?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by fernandez1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2022
Fake news….. media no de verify before posting online

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by Tecnophone: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by FirstSon01: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Guessed as much.
Osinbanjo is not stupid like one-man like that. He's smart and will continue being the mature one.

Sgettima and his people don't deserve an answer.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by ChoCho54(f): 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2022
Na una Sabi.
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by mach7(m): 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
This video trended on Social Media platforms for a while and yet no rebuttal from the VP's media team. It is Daily Trust that is now helping us to clarify that it occurred long ago and is fake news.

Methinks that the VP's team saw the traffic being generated by the video as a benefit to their Principal, as he was generating sympathy for him online and showing his supposed "class" at being able to take "political banters" with good humour.

Abeg fear politicians o grin

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by inoki247: 3:31am On Jun 06, 2022
lol we know say na one old Video or pishure dem go dig out....

Mak Primary finish fess we go see rubbish News Tire

Mr A drinking Coffee on a Plastic chair...

Mr B playing music in his house...

Mr C taking Napep in other to connect with the masses....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by Neduzze5(m): 3:32am On Jun 06, 2022
I knew when I saw the video and pictures that it was a pretty old one.

This is the campaign period and whatever would make the candidates look good and ballsy is always pushed to the forefront.

As far as Tilumbu and his team are in tears, it is a welcome development.

It however doesn't stop the arrival of the Presidency of His Excellency Peter Obi of the Labour Party!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by chukwuibuipob: 3:33am On Jun 06, 2022
sad
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by younglleo: 3:36am On Jun 06, 2022
Daily trust, make una getat
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by sogodihno: 3:37am On Jun 06, 2022
I know; Na old video
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by plaindealer: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2022
He's still the disloyal Judas the Ice Cream boy with no morals, no honor, no principles, a traitor, and a treacherous green snake in the grass sha.

Always watch out for people like this man, you dine with them today, they stab you mercilessly in the back tomorrow..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by ecolime(m): 3:54am On Jun 06, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

This Fulani boy never get sense till today. You have have to grow up you dunce.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by thesicilian: 4:02am On Jun 06, 2022
Not verifying posts before being pushed to the front page is one of the major reasons why Nairaland has no credibility as a news resource.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by spafu(m): 4:02am On Jun 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by FireUpNow(m): 4:17am On Jun 06, 2022
fernandez1:
Fake news….. media no de verify before posting online
It's all fake news to get serious traffic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by Maxymilliano(m): 4:19am On Jun 06, 2022
cool

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by 9jaBloke: 4:22am On Jun 06, 2022
Always verify front page news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 06, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

what do you stand to gain from tribalism?
absolutely no finacial and respect gain.
na to chop insult upon insult.
why not stop all these tribalism and stop rejoicing on another man's tears.
KNOW THESE AND KNOW PEACE..
GOD BLESS YOU AND INCREASE YOUR KNOWLEDGE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by TheScientist: 4:39am On Jun 06, 2022
......The Scientist is Here......

That one concern them. My focus is how to make my life better irrespective of any type of leader we have.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:50am On Jun 06, 2022
Conclusion

Relying on the content of the VP’s tweet back in 2018, Daily Trust can authoritatively confirm that the viral video in circulation and the accompanying narrative is a deliberate attempt to mislead the general public.

The video is not a new one and should be disregarded.
Rumors are spread by fools and accepted by idiots.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by Sleekfingers: 5:01am On Jun 06, 2022
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/fact-check-did-osinbajo-patronise-ice-cream-shop-after-shettimas-comment

Bunch of useless moderators , dey this forum....na to dey ban people dem sabi and also encourage tribalism, hate speeches.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by TheRareGem1(f): 5:16am On Jun 06, 2022
We knew it a fake news to malign VP
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:19am On Jun 06, 2022
9jaBloke:
Always verify front page news

thesicilian:
Not verifying posts before being pushed to the front page is one of the major reasons why Nairaland has no credibility as a news resource.

DoggoneDogg:

Please guys,, I need the link to the other Front-Page thread where the VP was buying Ice-cream..
I don search the front-page topics even back to Thursday, I still didn't see the thread there.
Help me with the link.
I wan check something.
Thanks.
***Modified*
I have seen the link that I am looking for.
https://www.nairaland.com/7162529/osinbajo-goes-buy-ice-cream/4#113514109
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:20am On Jun 06, 2022
The OP in the other thread got his video straight from Linda-Ikeji’s Instagram.
And he had forgotten that Linda Ikeji usually drops her contents for gossip’s sake and for the sake of traffic, and not really for proper information and enlightenment.
Linda hardly verify her contents before posting or re-posting.
And that's why lots of libel suits are hanging on her neck.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by fasho01(m): 5:29am On Jun 06, 2022
Anything to package the incompetent midget by his campaign team, and deceive the gullible ones
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by PStacks(m): 5:52am On Jun 06, 2022
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown
Re: Fact Check: Did Osinbajo Patronise Ice Cream Shop After Shettima’s Comment? by AntiWailer: 5:52am On Jun 06, 2022
Fake news every where

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi Central Organises March For Bola Tinubu (Video, Pictures) / Photos Of Saraki As He Arrives Enugu State / Imo APC Suspends Governor Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.