Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

God Is Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Real (1359 Views)

What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2022
The Bible describes God as eternal (Psalm 90:2; 1 Timothy 1:17), all-powerful (Jeremiah 32:17; Colossians 1:17), infinite in understanding (Psalm 147:5; Isaiah 40:28), perfectly holy like no other (Exodus 15:11; 1 Samuel 2:2), the only God (Psalm 86:8–10), incapable of lying (Titus 1:2), Creator of the whole universe (Genesis 1:1; John 1:3), and Savior (Titus 2:13)—just to name a few attributes. How do we know such a God exists?

“Prove to Me There Is a God”

The skeptic’s condemning cry often comes as, “Prove to me there is a God.” Usually the agnostic or atheist expects physical or scientific evidence for the existence of God, but when the Bible believer cannot point to a living being and say, “There is God,” the skeptic thinks he has won.

What people often do not realize is that even if God appeared on the earth (which He has, in the person of Jesus Christ), we did not exist in eternity past and do not know the future, so we cannot prove by any human standard that He is eternal. Our understanding is limited, so we cannot prove that God knows all. And our limited perspective renders us incapable of proving God’s standard of morality as absolute and true. Not only that, but by our own fallible standards, our “telescopes are short-sighted,” and we cannot determine if He is the only God that exists inside (or outside) the universe. So, even if we could observe and scientifically test God by our own standards of operational science, we would be unable to prove all of His divine, eternal attributes because of our own limited mortality.

So any answer to the question, “How do we know there is a God?” that does not start with God’s own statements regarding Himself is self-refuting, inconsistent, and limited by human frailty because a finite, limited man can never ultimately prove the existence of an eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing God. Only an eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing being could prove the existence of the God described in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. So that makes Putin your god's favorite?

First since you acknowledge that God is real.

Your answer is

Putin is defending his people from the threat of nato.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

First since you acknowledge that God is real.

Your answer is

Putin is defending his people from the threat of nato.

Nope I didn't acknowledge your god is real. I guess your sarcasm detector is misaligned LoLz.

What threat of NATO was in Ukraine? The thing he didn't even want started happening because of his Invasion of Ukraine. Formerly nonaligned nations saw Putin's gambit and decided to opt for joining NATO so the so called threat has increased has it not?
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

Nope I didn't acknowledge your god is real. I guess your sarcasm detector is misaligned LoLz.

What threat of NATO was in Ukraine? The thing he didn't even want started happening because of his Invasion of Ukraine. Formerly nonaligned nations saw Putin's gambit and decided to opt for joining NATO so the so called threat has increased has it not?

Nope Finland won't make it to nato I hope you know last ten to 8 years Georgia and Ukraine thought they would join nato

At the end you will see nato won't come near Russia again.

Now it good for you to accept God is real and like I told you in your heart God has placed eternity which you must have noticed.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Nope Finland won't make it to nato I hope you know last ten to 8 years Georgia and Ukraine thought they would join nato

At the end you will see nato won't come near Russia again.

Now it good for you to accept God is real and like I told you in your heart God has placed eternity which you must have noticed.

Let's watch and see.

No I have not noticed anything of the sort. Besides what does "in your heart God has placed eternity" even mean?
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

Let's watch and see.

No I have not noticed anything of the sort. Besides what does "in your heart God has placed eternity" even mean?

God has placed eternity in your heart...

God put eternity into the heart of man so that in our longing and confusion we will seek him.

There is a force inside you that makes you confused about God God put it in there so that you can seek him and desire to know him then he will reveal himself to you.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

God has placed eternity in your heart...

God put eternity into the heart of man so that in our longing and confusion we will seek him.

There is a force inside you that makes you confused about God God put it in there so that you can seek him and desire to know him then he will reveal himself to you.

LoLz. I am not confused. Your god doesn't exist, I can't be clearer than that, unless you want me to translate it to your local dialect.
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:45am On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. I am not confused. Your god doesn't exist, I can't be clearer than that, unless you want me to translate it to your local dialect.

You/we can't understand God with our humble Brain not possible.

No human can understand God with limited minds.

The definition of God is not what the human thought can grasp.

That why all human are perplexed on this issue for you to say your not confused about God shows you are because if you are not then I would have said God does not exist because a real God can't be calculated

The actually definition of God shows he can't be calculated because he is infinite in all area.

But you can only access God through faith in spiritual things.

Now if you argue that you are not confused all you have to do is read the Bible.

Read it to see if you think you are not confused then watch God start speaking to you from the Bible.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

You/we can't understand God with our humble Brain not possible.

No human can understand God with limited minds.

The definition of God is not what the human thought can grasp.

That why all human are perplexed on this issue for you to say your not confused about God shows you are because if you are not then I would have said God does not exist because a real God can't be calculated

The actually definition of God shows he can't be calculated because he is infinite in all area.

But you can only access God through faith in spiritual things.

Now if you argue that you are not confused all you have to do is read the Bible.

Read it to see if you think you are not confused then watch God start speaking to you from the Bible.

LoLz! I have read the bible and I am still not confused. Your god doesn't exist period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! I have read the bible and I am still not confused. Your god doesn't exist period.

What area did you understand in the Bible when you read it.

And don't lie because I have a professor who does not believe in God but agreed on certain area in the Bible so tell me which area made sense to you.
Re: God Is Real by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
The Bible describes God as eternal (Psalm 90:2; 1 Timothy 1:17), all-powerful (Jeremiah 32:17; Colossians 1:17), infinite in understanding (Psalm 147:5; Isaiah 40:28), perfectly holy like no other (Exodus 15:11; 1 Samuel 2:2), the only God (Psalm 86:8–10), incapable of lying (Titus 1:2), Creator of the whole universe (Genesis 1:1; John 1:3), and Savior (Titus 2:13)—just to name a few attributes. How do we know such a God exists?

The skeptic’s condemning cry often comes as, “Prove to me there is a God.” Usually the agnostic or atheist expects physical or scientific evidence for the existence of God, but when the Bible believer cannot point to a living being and say, “There is God,” the skeptic thinks he has won.

What people often do not realize is that even if God appeared on the earth (which He has, in the person of Jesus Christ), we did not exist in eternity past and do not know the future, so we cannot prove by any human standard that He is eternal. Our understanding is limited, so we cannot prove that God knows all. And our limited perspective renders us incapable of proving God’s standard of morality as absolute and true. Not only that, but by our own fallible standards, our “telescopes are short-sighted,” and we cannot determine if He is the only God that exists inside (or outside) the universe. So, even if we could observe and scientifically test God by our own standards of operational science, we would be unable to prove all of His divine, eternal attributes because of our own limited mortality.

So any answer to the question, “How do we know there is a God?” that does not start with God’s own statements regarding Himself is self-refuting, inconsistent, and limited by human frailty because a finite, limited man can never ultimately prove the existence of an eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing God. Only an eternal, all-powerful, all-knowing being could prove the existence of the God described in the Bible.

I ain't asking for what can't exist.....let the proof go to hell!
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I ain't asking for what can't exist.....let the proof go to hell!

You believe in hell too.
Re: God Is Real by IMAliyu(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

You literally just made an agnostic's argument.

The only difference is you are still beholding to a Christian framework, so you make a set of logical leaps.

Why do you consider the bible to be God's words? A Muslim believes the same of his Qur'an, the Hindu believes the same of his vedas, so also was Krishna the incarnation to their true God.
So what standards or methods do we apply to distinguish who's book and claims are the real ones and which ones are made up and should be thrown out, since God and its will is outside the realm of our feeble minds?

1 Like

Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
IMAliyu:

You literally just made an agnostic's argument.

The only difference is you are still beholding to a Christian framework, so you make a set of logical leaps.

Why do you consider the bible to be God's words? A Muslim believes the same of his Qur'an, the Hindu believes the same of his vedas, so also was Krishna the incarnation to their true God.
So what standards or methods do we apply to distinguish who's book and claims are the real ones and which ones are made up and should be thrown out, since God and its will is outside the realm of our feeble minds?

Off all those books or those religions

Non of them have ever had a leader or a man that has died and come back to life

Non of them have a leader or man that claim to be God

So only one book or religion that has all this qualities which is Bible Christianity

The God man called

Jesus.

1 Like

Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

What area did you understand in the Bible when you read it.

And don't lie because I have a professor who does not believe in God but agreed on certain area in the Bible so tell me which area made sense to you.

What does this mean? Are you suggesting I don't understand the stories in the Bible or the English it was written in?
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

What does this mean? Are you suggesting I don't understand the stories in the Bible or the English it was written in?

That not what am saying am asking you the area you feel is real or is saying the truth.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

That not what am saying am asking you the area you feel is real or is saying the truth.

The places that mention certain people and events that can be verified historically, every other thing is mostly myth or legend.
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
LordReed:

The places that mention certain people and events that can be verified historically, every other thing is mostly myth or legend.

What are or list five myth or legend that you found in the Bible.
Re: God Is Real by IMAliyu(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Off all those books or those religions

Non of them have ever had a leader or a man that has died and come back to life

Non of them have a leader or man that claim to be God

So only one book or religion that has all this qualities which is Bible Christianity

The God man called

Jesus.
Specifically the new testament then

That would be incorrect, the Egyptians had Osiris for example, a god that died and was resurrected, among others.

Krishna did claim to be God, in the Bhagdavad Gita.

So.. why do you choose these two specific categories as the standard, what's the rationality?

1 Like

Re: God Is Real by HellVictorinho4(m): 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

You believe in hell too.

Are you still in Nursery 2

If I believe in Hell,... wouldn't I be scared to the extent of not wanting to be called Hell?

I mean if I believe in Hell as what the dictionary/Bible calls it, even if I think I would end up there, would I want to be reminded all the time by introducing myself as Hell except I am involved in some useless fetish or ritualistic or occultic stuff or anything related such as a profession that promotes it like Gothic rock music or any other thing like that which I don't think I ever suggested here?

I introduce myself as Hell for a different reason.

Indeed , it's all about the intensity of the heat.......but not the specific reason or purpose attributed to it.
Re: God Is Real by HellVictorinho4(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2022
IMAliyu:

That would be incorrect, the Egyptians had Osiris for example, a god that died and was resurrected, among others.

So.. why do you choose these two specific categories as the standard, what's the rationality?

He is not the first and he would not be the last to develop useless pride or a vain feeling of being special after reading the Bible or Quran.
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
IMAliyu:

Osiris played a double role: he was both a god of fertility and the embodiment of the dead and resurrected king. This dual role was combined with the Egyptian concept of divine kingship: the king at death became Osiris, though the living king was identified with Horus, a god of the sky.
Osiris | Description, Myth, Symbols, & Facts - Encyclopedia Britannica
www.britannica.com › Osiris-Egyptian-god
About Featured Snippets

The English is very clear they said he claim to be a god not.... God.

There is difference between a god and God

Now

Does Krishna claim to be God?
Answer

Krishna doesn't actually claim Himself as the only Supreme God. He says He is God, indeed, and that when one surrenders to Him, they will be absolved of all sins. He says, “I am the Ultimate”.
21 Oct 2017
Why does Shree Krishna claim himself as the only Supreme God?
www.quora.com › Why-does-Shree-Kris...

Krishna never came back to life physically

And never agreed he was the Supreme God.
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Are you still in Nursery 2

If I believe in Hell,... wouldn't I be scared to the extent of not wanting to be called Hell?

I mean if I believe in Hell as what the dictionary/Bible calls it, even if I think I would end up there, would I want to be reminded all the time by introducing myself as Hell except I am involved in some useless fetish or ritualistic or occultic stuff or anything related such as a profession that promotes it like Gothic rock music or any other thing like that which I don't think I ever suggested here?

I introduce myself as Hell for a different reason.

Indeed , it's all about the intensity of the heat.......but not the specific reason or purpose attributed to it.

I asked because I thought you did not believe in God.
Re: God Is Real by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

I asked because I thought you did not believe in God.

If it's a question...,.....of course ,no!

I also want to understand.

Is it against your reasoning to assist people financially?

You might be offended because I asked if you're still in Nursery 2.

But that's out of my unexpectation of your post.
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

What are or list five myth or legend that you found in the Bible.

1. That only a pair of humans birth the human race.

2. That a global flood occurred.

3. That differing language of humans was a magical/supernatural event.

4. That a person commanded the sun to stand still and it stood still.

5. That a person magically/supernaturally turned water into wine.
Re: God Is Real by Dtruthspeaker: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
LordReed:

As proven by pregnancy and children.

LordReed:

As proven by keepers of Dams and Water Reservoirs;

LordReed:

As proven by phone and laptop and toy makers. Languages are always "Put in" by Creators into their creations, which will be Supernatural in the little eyes of their creations.

LordReed:

That a person who had connections with The Owner of the sun obtained the His permission to let the sun wait on him.

LordReed:

As Proven by chemist turning the same water into Hydrogen and Oxygen.

So you see, you don't have any myth, just plain old bias and anti-Godness.
Re: God Is Real by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
LordReed:

Every thing Dtruthspeaker

Said is almost what was in my mind

The myth you said can be partially explained by those things he said
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Every thing Dtruthspeaker

Said is almost what was in my mind

The myth you said can be partially explained by those things he said

What Dtruthspeaker wrote is garbage so if that is what you think then you have is a garbage explanation.

Pregnancy doesn't prove there was once only 2 human beings in the whole world. How can it, when the very people who are pregnant now were once themselves birthed so where did the so called Adam and Eve come from. They were not born going by the logic of the myth so pregnancy cannot be the proof of their existence. This is so simple I can't imagine why you'd agree with it.
Re: God Is Real by Dtruthspeaker: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
LordReed:

Pregnancy doesn't prove there was once only 2 human beings in the whole world.

See, the sneaky CHANGE OF POST AND CHANGE OF QUESTION because you have been shown that you hold an unreasonable belief!

Your question was clearly how can 2 people fill the whole earth?'

"only a pair of humans birth the human race."

Now, you have sneakily changed the question to "prove there was once only 2 human beings in the whole world." which you never asked.

So, if you can lie and run away with the post during a simple game of question and answer, clearly this is proof of massive unreasonablilty and great propensity to be fraudulent!
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See, the sneaky CHANGE OF POST AND CHANGE OF QUESTION because you have been shown that you hold an unreasonable belief!

Your question was clearly how can 2 people fill the whole earth?'

"only a pair of humans birth the human race."

Now, you have sneakily changed the question to "prove there was once only 2 human beings in the whole world." which you never asked.

So, if you can lie and run away with the post during a simple game of question and answer, clearly this is proof of massive unreasonablilty and great propensity to be fraudulent!

The sneaky one here is you because I didn't write any question.
Re: God Is Real by Dtruthspeaker: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
LordReed:

The sneaky one here is you because I didn't write any question.

Every reasonable person knows that "Question" here means your Issue of
interest, Dispute and Contention. But of course an unreasonable fraudulent snake like you would feign lack of knowledge.

Seondly, YOU DIDN'T ESCAPE YOUR CROOKED CHANGE OF POST EITHER!
Re: God Is Real by LordReed(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Every reasonable person knows that "Question" here means your Issue of
interest, Dispute and Contention. But of course an unreasonable fraudulent snake like you would feign lack of knowledge.

Seondly, YOU DIDN'T ESCAPE YOUR CROOKED CHANGE OF POST EITHER!

Again the snake here is you. You twisted my statement to whatever garbage you wanted then are claiming yourself correct. Delusion. LoLz.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? / Dealing With Your Enemies / Pride Goes Before A Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.