Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting (66585 Views)

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS / Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Nemere2020: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
** Members kick
** Northern govs storm Aso Rock to meet Buhari

CONTRARY to the position of most Northern Governors on power shift to the South National Chairman of thee All Progressives Congress, Senator Abdullah I Adamu has announced Senate president Ahmad Lawan as APC consensus presidential candidate.

Adamu, Vanguard gathered announced this at the meeting of the National Working Committee, NWC, on Monday, in Abuja.

However, some members of the NWC, sources said, kicked against the move and insisted that other Presidential aspirants which include Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Engr. David Umahi must be allowed to contest the primary election at tomorrow’s convention scheduled at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

Adamu’s adoption of Lawan as consensus candidate is against the position of 11 APC nothern governors who endorsed that power must shift to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.
Adamu told the NWC that he arrived at the choice of Lawan after consultation with President Buhari.

Reacting to the move, some APC northern governors raced to Aso Villa and currently meeting with -President Muhammadu Buhari.

The meeting is coming a day before the commencement of the party’s convention to elect its presidential candidate for the 2023 general elections.

Although President Buhari has maintained his position on the consensus arrangement, there has not been any agreement among the 23 presidential aspirants.

The meeting with the APC governors from the North is the fourth parley in his effort to ensure that the party presents a consensus candidate so as to reduce acrimony that may arise at the end of the convention.

The governors in attendance are Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum and governor of Kebbi state, Atiku Bagudu, chairman of Northern governors Forum and governor of Plateau State, Simeon Lalong, Abubakar Baduru (Jigawa) and Babagana Zulum (Borno).

Others are Aminu Bello Masari (Katsina), Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa), Bello Matawale (Zamfara), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano), Yahaya Inuwa (Gombe), Abubakar Bello (Niger), and the Yobe State governor, Mai Mala Buni.

As at the time of sending this report, only the governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello was yet to arrive.

Bello is also a presidential aspirant.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/breaking-apc-convention-adamu-announces-lawan-as-consensus-candidate-at-nwc-meeting/

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Puskas: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Any southerner that votes for a northern candidate is a perpetual fool. Let us rally for Peter Obi. He is one of our own.

961 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by ERockson: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is a mere distraction

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by djjoad(m): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
J for Jokes of the century. it's all games. putting pressure on the southerners to put their house in order.

647 Likes 175 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
IgOga:
Under the electoral act Adamu cannot announce a consensus candidate. Other aspirants have to put it in writing that they agree. So far most of the aspirants have not agreed to that. I am not sure what Adamu is smoking but APC may not have a presidential candidate at the end of the day and that may be good for Nigeria

Dem don finally gather the votes. This whole time dem dey deceive everybody
Dem dey gather delegates since. Na time dem dey kill since. Dem don finally gather enough votes. Primaries go still hold but their candidate na hin go win

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by ZombieTAMER: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Puskas:
Any southerner that votes for a northern candidate is a perpetual fool. Let us rally for Peter Obi. He is one of our own.

Will our South West brothers agree?

I'm talking about Yoruba Muslims

Remember we are where we are today, because of Yoruba Muslims.

369 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Puskas: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

Will our South West brothers agree?

I'm talking about Yoruba Muslims
Yoro Muslims are the major problem of the south

279 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by bigeagleeye(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
This nation
Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
Consequence of the greed of the SW...

ATIKU IS COMING

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by fergie001: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
I remembered telling my good friend indispensable85 but he was stuck on his ideas.

Osinbajo/Lawan/Amaechi ... Not surprised!

Congrats to Lawan... I wish him well grin grin

Seunmsg... I will be waiting for your mentions.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
Puskas:
Better a south easterner or power remains in the north

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Shapeaso: 4:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
Pdp a northerner and apc a northerner, it won't work. There'll be no election. angry God punish aboki.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by chatinent: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
I said it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by garfield1: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:
I remembered telling my good friend indispensable85 but he was stuck on his ideas.

Osinbajo/Lawan/Amaechi ... Not surprised!

Congrats to Lawan... I wish him well grin grin

Seunmsg... I will be waiting for your mentions.

Fergie001, this will not fly.I saw this coming.tinubu will humiliate buhari

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by IgOga(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
Under the electoral act Adamu cannot announce a consensus candidate. Other aspirants have to put it in writing that they agree. So far most of the aspirants have not agreed to that. I am not sure what Adamu is smoking but APC may not have a presidential candidate at the end of the day and that may be good for Nigeria

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by fourboys: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
Time for South to unit for PETER OBI

195 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Truthisunique2: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
IgOga:
the news doesn't add up

It should be coming from buhari directly and he won't just say it when he haven't secured all the signatures of those stepping down

I feel it's fifth columnist at work

335 Likes 105 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by fergie001: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
garfield1:
, this will not fly.I saw this coming.tinubu will humiliate buhari
Not my business.

6 Likes

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Vulturereloaded: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by nellyelitz(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
Puskas:
I DON'T KNW WHATS WRONG WIT UR HEADS, OBI THAT UZODIMA, KALU, ANYIM, UMAHI ETC COULD NOT EVEN SUPPORT EVEN SECRETLY THAT U WANT ME TO VOTE FOR A NON EASTERNER FOR THAT MATTER. IMAGINE UZODIMA AND KALU OPENLY CANVASSING FOR LAWAN AND THESE ARE AUTHORITY IN UR ZONE.. TO CRY SEF DEY HUMGRY ME WHEN I REMB THIS NONESENSE.

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by dapsoneh: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
APC should just split, how can u finish 8year tenure as a northerner and still wants yo hand over to a northerner.. Let us break this Country.. Let everyone go their separate ways

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by Salvador1: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Our shiaman don blow the trumpet.
Tinubu to the mud.
Afonjas have failed cos of their greediness.

Tinubu urchins Thunder fire all of you.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by ChangetheChange: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Congratulations Atiku Abubakar next President of Nigeria 2023
Buhari and his Cabal have finally buried APC
RIP APC 2014-2023

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by garfield1: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
fergie001:

Not my business.

It is your business.be patriotic for once,you do not love buhari and tinubu like me.say the truth for once,you are a Nigerian,you can see how the nation is collapsing.we cannot afford another northern president.buhari has overreached himself

10 Likes

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by CutieKing: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
This Adamu na mumu of the highest order. Na like that dem dey announce candidate?.
Na top of him head dem go settle apc wahala.
Seems he's acting out a script though.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by DMerciful(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
This would be good for Peter Obi!

However, if power goes to the North, it'd be on SW greed!

55 Likes

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by AJOBI77(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
E don red!

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by ajekpaks(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
renam
Re: Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting by garfield1: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Truthisunique2:
the news doesn't add up

It should be coming from buhari directly and he won't just say it when he haven't secured all the signatures of those stepping down

I feel it's fifth columnist at work

Its either peter obi or nigeria divides

46 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kogi: Yahaya Bello Drinks Tea As He Watches The Final Collation Of Results / Beautiful Obident Ladies Rock "Yes Daddy" T-shirts To Spite APC Supporters / Rebecca Sharibu In Front Of US White House For Daughter's Leah Sharibu Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.