Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate (23095 Views)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by oshozondii: 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2022
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is currently enmeshed in controversy over the choice of Senate President, Ahmed Lawan as the consensus candidate of the party.

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdullahi Adamu, made the announcement during the NWC meeting held on Monday at the National Secretariat of the party in Abuja less than 24 hours before the party’s primary scheduled to hold at Eagle Square, Abuja.

However, other members of the NWC kicked against the choice of Lawan and insisted on a level playing ground for other presidential aspirants.

Adamu’s decision to adopt Lawan as a consensus candidate came two days after 11 APC northern governors endorsed that power must return to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

“After careful deliberation, we wish to state our firm conviction that after eight years in office of President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the APC for the 2023 elections should be one of our teeming members from the southern states of Nigeria,” the governors had said.

DAILY POST reports that Adamu informed other NWC members that the choice of Lawan was reached after consultation with President Muhammadu Buhari.

A reliable source within the NWC said Adamu announced Lawan as the consensus, but the matter had not been discussed and ratified by the NWC.

The NWC members kicked insisted that other aspirants must be given a level playing ground to compete.

“Adamu announced at the NWC that Lawan is the consensus, but the NWC was yet to ratify the decision.”
https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/06/controversy-in-apc-nwc-did-not-ratify-decision-of-lawan-as-consensus-candidate-sources/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654532627

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Massiveglory: 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
Before tomorrow they will ratify it.

What we saw sitting down, jagabanites/ urchins did not see it standing. They were busy throwing insults here and there. Now they are hiding in their cubicles . Others are about to deactivate.

https://www.nairaland.com/7162499/opinion-permutations-candidates-apc-presidential

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by LegendHero(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
Massiveglory:
Before tomorrow they will ratify it

Or Adamu come out to deny he said that.

This is bigger than Adamu. That NWC is bigger than him. Imagine him trying to bribe NWC members with $50k.

Even Orji Kalu is now confused on channelsTV live now when Seun asked him that the NWC said they did not ratify Adamu consensus. Kalu is saying he announced it but yet NWC members do not accept lol.

Adamu the player getting played on his own turf.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by naijaguy1234(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
I love this man die. He’s the only one I believe will represent my best interest and meant well for me and my family. If you disagree don’t insult me, just promote your candidate.

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by pyyxxaro: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mmmsshheewww
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Bonaventura(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
There's this way Christians pray and call on the Holy Spirit to put confusion in the house of the enemy.

This is the prayer answered

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Naiira(m): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
E don dey red small small - Everywhere go soon burst!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by skentelelady(f): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
What is all this nonsense of going back and forth

Lawan is a big joke and mistake.

Tinubu should step down for Osinbajo now to form a firmidable team.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by obi4eze(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
angry

Cabal is confused. More like a power tussle between the cabal and the governors. One thing is evident: There's no Buhari.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by helinues: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
I just watched it on Channels

Adamu of all people.. Someone that is not popular outside his own state not to talk of region

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by rayvelez(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
It will end in tears.
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by babyko: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
No need for tension. The primaries will hold tomorrow.

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by MhizzV(f): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Hmmmm...they just want atiku to win the game easily!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Crowwejihadist: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Tinubu in the mud.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by XerXers: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Even if they go to voting, this announcement has given Lawan a huge advantage

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Mumusaphire: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
U are all playing mumu people. We know ur games.
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Sunofgod(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Fulani dey fool una

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Born2Breed(f): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Crixxx: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ogub(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Nigeria my country we hail thee
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by BabaCommander: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:
I just watched it on Channels

Adamu of all people.. Someone that is not popular outside his own state not to talk of region

That doesn't actually matter. Remember Ya Adua?

I weep for my country, though.

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Massiveglory: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Lamentations of explanations.
LegendHero:

This is bigger than Adamu. That NWC is bigger than him. Imagine him trying to bribe NWC members with $50k.

Even Kalu is now confused on channelsTV live now when Seun asked him that the NWC said they do not ratify it. Kalu is saying he announced it but yet NWC members do not accept lol.

Adamu the player getting played in his own turf.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Mko123(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Y
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by an0daGuy: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Tears and blood will run down rough cheeks tonight grin

I will watch politics section and take down names cool

My paper and pen are ready

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by We4all: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Why are you guys recycling the same news? This is getting stale.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by LilyColin(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
LegendHero:

Even Kalu is now confused on channelsTV live now when Seun asked him that the NWC said they do not ratify it. Kalu is saying he announced it but yet NWC members do not accept lol.

Adamu the player getting played on his own turf.

CRY ME A RIVER

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by DoggoneDogg: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin grin
Afonja media go cry tire this week

16 years of wailing loading...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Stanislaus18(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Wahala pro max

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by nauto: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ok
Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by foruma702: 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Level playing ground will even test the weight of the candidates or else it will be an easy ride for Atiku

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ironheart(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Whatever mistake that makes APC loose is ok by me.

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida / Fashola Hated School Failed Waec & Almost Became A Mechanic / Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.