Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. (63141 Views)

Video:Lekki Massacre: Survivor Cries At Lekki Tollgate. Picked Up By The Police / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Owo Massacre, Calls Government Clueless / #EndSARS: I still carry bullets in my body — Lekki Toll Shooting Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by tradepunter: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2022
post=113546842:
We thank God for your life Stephanie.
Happy Birthday and we are happy for you, you are still here, alive and healthy to tell your story.

Stephanie, As we are celebrating with you,
We also thank God for the lives of this beautiful couple below.
Back2Sender they both chorused on Sunday.......

the couple that died the next day is making me cry as I type.... I don't why it's hurting.,

the pain in the land is too much ... God why?? This is the most painful thing i have seen, don't know its hurting
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by loko50(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2022
cejaypriesty:

So are you saying when you thank God for keeping you alive you are mocking those who are dead??.

Don't be insensitive. Why not thank God in privacy?

1 Like

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Stanislause94: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thank God for her
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by anonimi: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
EKONGKING:
But God is sleeping when people are getting killed in his compound.
You survived and u attributed to God . Those killed ,are they killed by God through negligence or by design .since God knows best

God is good indeed.
Dumbest set of people are Nigerian Christians .

Not just Nigerian Christians abeg.
Overzealous, religious people all over the world are like that. Maybe that is why they all wear caps & scarves over their heads- for reduced thinking

1 Like

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by williams2326(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
All glory to God Almighty
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by anonimi: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
loko50:
Don't be insensitive. Why not thank God in privacy?

Which is what Jesus Christ requested of all His followers

Matthew 6

5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

1 Like

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by harmony75: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2022
Thank God for safety � may the souls of soldiers of Christ continue to rest in perfect peace �
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Idiko1: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
Crixxx:
Beautiful Yoruba lady with nice gele.
Happy birthday OP

I guess there is reading issue with the above post. The OP started an "Nsukka Lady". A person wonders when Nsukka became Yoruba.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Ezkid(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
God is good to you but bad to others?

God is good to everyone sis, both the dead and the survivors. Are you aware u can die in your sleep before tomorrow? It doesn't matter the circumstances of death ma, what matters is your status before God anytime death comes knocking.

Let's wash and rinse our heart for death is certain. Are you aware God sometimes kill a righteous man to save him from being lost and the troubles ahead? Read ur Bible wella, God doesn't care how and when we are going to die, he cares more about our souls. If the souls of all those who died in the incident are accepted by God, then it calls for more celebrations than wailing.

What profits a man who lived to 100 years but died peacefully in his sleep only to end up in a bad place? It's more profitable to die in a motor accident righteously in my 30s than to live to a hundred years and die peacefully only to end up in hell.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Wuppdex: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2022
The amount of darkness of this day, overshadowed your testimony, pray and be sad for those who are not so lucky as you, your testimony and joy only portray you to be a Narcissistic person who only care about themself. Young lady this is no time for birthday merriment. Are you not even traumatized �

KoshCAD:
An Nsukka Lady, Stephanie Ajibo Olitex who survived the Owo attack celebrates her birthday today.

Her testimony
We were inside the church when they started shooting from the outside. People at the back started running towards the altar. Some jumped fence, our priest escaped through the sacristy with the help of our catechist.

By the time I ran towards the Sacristy door, it was already locked by members who were able to reach there before me. I had to hide myself under the cupboard inside the choir room with the baby in my hand. He shot somebody right in front of me near the Sacristy door. He looked around, when he didn't see anybody or sound, he went away. He was on mask, loaded with Ak 47.

Note that the distance between the heavily loaded gunman and me was like kitchen to dinning. Our choir master who was hiding with us was shot on his chest before he ran into the room with us. I pray he survives the bullet.

They killed children, youths and elderly. We've recorded almost 100 death and still counting..I came out alive and escaped through the fence that demarcated our church from the Palace of Olowo of Owo Kingdom and ran to the palace for the fear of the unknown. The baby with me is safe, I'm also safe.

Happy birthday to me.

God Is Good
Happy Birthday
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Wuppdex: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2022
Read his comment again, and try borrow sense, only a dumb soul will ask no question about status quo and fail to reflect on issues

Pinkyposh:

You can call them dumb all you want, it doesn't change anything.
But the fact remains that the Bible teaches them to gives thanks to God in every situation

If you don't want to be a Christian, it's fine, allow those that want to be, be in peace, just like the Muslims too, they worship their Allah

Anyone that works for you, you do it
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Maforgreats(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Buddha3:
Priest and Catechist escaped through the sacristy, abandoning the members to their fate.

God watched on silently while his children got soaked in blood in his own temple.
The shepherd abandoned his flock and scampered to safety.

Yet you Nigerians will always still run to churches instead of going to get your PVCs to vote in decent leaders who'll give you quality leadership.

Africans and religious foolishness are 5 and 6.

Are u telling me if u were a priest in such scenario, u will go and fight them?
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Maforgreats(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
Kelvin3476:
GOD'S FOOLISHNESS IS FAR GREATER THAN THE WISDOM OF MAN OR ANY gods. U are free to say what ever u want.

Na so u go use God and Foolishness in one sentence becuz u dey try prove a point grin
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by anoziechi(f): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
And channels TV said it was an explosion....e no better for Una papa
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by PoliteActivist: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2022
Amotekun777:

God bless you, bro!

Nigerians tend to be insensitive to other pple's plight in the name of 'thanking God' like the victims don't worship God.

Foolish Bastards! angry

Thanks bro.
It's part of human nature though.
How can you NOT thank God if you are the lone survivor of a tragedy that killed 500??
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by mrdino(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
PoliteActivist:
I want to say something, congratulate her... but then I remember some people died and she's no better than them

In addition, she's ought to have laid low and do her things in low-key, since she's a living witness, she could be targeted again.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by bluefilm: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2022
She's really pretty.

So many nsukka babes wey i don see before no dey fine reach like this.

Or maybe na her makeup dey even deceive me sef
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Pinkyposh(f): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2022
Wuppdex:
Read his comment again, and try borrow sense, only a dumb soul will ask no question about status quo and fail to reflect on issues

If you like use fowl languages on me, the truth remains.... You can't question God.
Maybe you have failed to understand the context of the message, because you're too quick to respond
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Wwwq: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ok
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by SugarGirl44(f): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2022
[quote author=Babygreene post=113555816][/quote]

Why are you shouting?

Tell this to your people.

I'm here on Nairaland to defend my people against the bad words of ibo people.

If they're cool, I'm cooler.
But they can't be insulting a whole tribe and you expect me to keep quiet.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Streetdreamx(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
lordchiz:

U really get block head ooo....
So u should be called "Blockinus"....
Read well....she is an Igbo lady from Nsukka in Enugu!
he should be called Blockinus Okon.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by God1stson(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
Esama:
Igbo should just stop hating on Yoruba people even we ss that close to Yorubaland our population there is not that rampant like igbo people living in southwest. Sometime I wonder why igbo hate Yoruba because there is nothing Yoruba will benefit that igbo will not part of there's nothing Yoruba will suffer that igbo will not share from it. Many igbo as already chose Yorubaland as a first home.

When the news of owo attacked was first announced some igbos on Nairaland are happy jubilating thinking it's only Yoruba affected.
What will u gain by this ur bigoted comment. I am Igbo but can never support this baberic attacks on c
worshipers wherever it happens. Whatever ugly comment u sense were coming from some Igbos could also be made by some Yorubas if reverse was the case. THEREFORE, WHY DON'T U DESIST FROM THIS SENTIMENTAL PERSPECTIVE OF USING THE ACTIONS OF A FEW TO TO FORM AN INCONSEQUENTIAL OPINION ABOUT A WHOLE TRIBE, WHATEVER TRIBE FOR THAT MATTER.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by KoshCAD: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2022
dalass:

Thanks be to God for you and your baby's escape... ..

To those that were joyfully rejoicing that the calamity happened in Owo, a Yoruba land, I'm certain other tribes were involved...... Is this not an Igbo lady with a baby?

Even if any evil happens in any part of the world, don't rejoice because you don't know if any of your family members are there
If you have been watching interviews on it. You would have seen many igbo people there lamenting.

1 Like

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by PoliteActivist: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
mrdino:

In addition, she's ought to have laid low and do her things in low-key, since she's a living witness, she could be targeted again.

That's actually true. She could testify against them. At least don't show your pic
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by dalass(f): 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
KoshCAD:
If you have been watching interviews on it. You would have seen many igbo people there lamenting.

Exactly! Many Igbos live with Yorubas. Even Northerners are there. So any evil perpetrated in Yoruba land affects all tribes. No one should be happy like some mor.ons were when the news broke out over the shootings in Owo church

It's so sad undecided
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by lordchiz(m): 1:06am On Jun 08, 2022
Streetdreamx:
he should be called Blockinus Okon.
No be lie oooo bros.....
Na d right name! grin

1 Like

Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Babygreene(f): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2022
SugarGirl44:

IM NOT AFRICAN!

Why are you shouting?BECAUSE YA HATRED IS APPALLING.

Tell this to your people.

I'm here on Nairaland to defend my people against the bad words of ibo people.

If they're cool, I'm cooler.
But they can't be insulting a whole tribe and you expect me to keep quiet.
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by SugarGirl44(f): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2022
[quote author=Babygreene post=113584570][/quote]

If you're not African, then just watch from afar.
You obviously don't understand what's up.
Self defense has never been a crime, is it?
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by Babygreene(f): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2022
SugarGirl44:
its a public forum,anyone can comment.try to ignore hateful comments.yall dont repay hate with hate.
It only perpetuates that vicious cycle.

If you're not African, then just watch from afar.
You obviously don't understand what's up.
Self defense has never been a crime, is it?
Re: An Owo Massacre Survivor Celebrates Birthday Today, Gives Testimony. by SugarGirl44(f): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2022
[quote author=Babygreene post=113589888][/quote]

Yes ma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Daughter Celebrates Her 46 Birthday / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / #ENDSARS: It’s Your Right To Protest, Buhari Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.