Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa (39633 Views)

Buhari Confers National Award On Atiku’s Running Mate, Okowa, Others / 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate / 2019: Peter Obi Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Read Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Ebubu: 12:41am On Jun 07, 2022
By Festus Ahon

DELTA State Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, Monday, said only God could stop him from being the running mate to the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Okowa who spoke through the State Commissioner for Information, Mr Charles Aniagwu during a press conference in Asaba, held nobody could block his chances of becoming, adding he has contributed positively to the growth of the party, which he does not brag about, as a true party man.

The governor who was reacting to speculations that former governor of the state, Chief James Ibori, was secretly working against his chances to be Atiku’s running mate, said the rumours were the handiwork of fifth columnists.

Maintaining that Chief James Ibori would never work against his interest, Aniagwu acknowledged that Ibori remained a political leader in the state. He added that there was no rife between Senator Ifeanyi Okowa and Chief James Ibori.

He said: “The governor has contributed to the growth of the PDP, he doesn’t boast about it because as a member of the party he has the responsibility to do that.

“You also know how many times the party brought him in to assist in conducting primaries. I am not aware if there is anybody who is bringing any roadblock, if there is anybody who is going to block Okowa, I think it should be God.

And the last time I checked I don’t think he has offended God for God to take that decision against him.

“So we are on course, I don’t think there is any problem between Okowa and Ibori, these are persons who have worked together very closely.

“And Okowa has continued to respect our leader, Chief James Ibori. I have not heard Ibori speak evil of Okowa neither have I heard my boss speak badly of Ibori”.

On Senator Ovie Omo-Agege’s allegation that the state government has received over N700 billion in the last seven years with no visible projects to show, Aniagwu said the state government had always budgeted about N150 billion as recurrent expenditure yearly since 2015.

He explained that recurrent expenditure has always recorded 100 per cent budget performance because the state has never defaulted on payment of salaries, adding that the State Government has received well over N700 billion in the last seven years.

Aniagwu stated that with N150 billion annually, it even exceeded the N700 billion being alleged that was wasted by the State government, adding that the Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration has done well in the areas of roads, flood control, air transportation, civil service secretariat, empowerment programmes, among others.

He insisted that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has positively impacted Deltans in the past seven years.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/2023-only-god-can-stop-me-from-being-atikus-running-mate-%25E2%2580%2595-okowa/amp/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Ebubu: 12:41am On Jun 07, 2022
wike has been quiet recently

unlike him

catch: delta state delegates voted Atiku, likewise Bayelsa delegates.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 07, 2022
grin grin
The headline sounds funny

But a wow to the issue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by duduade: 12:44am On Jun 07, 2022
Die there na

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by wallarwallar(m): 1:02am On Jun 07, 2022
Comedy statements shud go to comedy section. Anyway it is good to stay relevant with any method

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Chapii: 1:11am On Jun 07, 2022
Okowa, Wike, Makinde and all the Southern Politicians in PDP will regret why they did not work for the emergence of Peter Obi as the PDP candidate.

185 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Jennyjay283: 1:11am On Jun 07, 2022
No dey call God name in vain o

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by MetaPhysical: 1:13am On Jun 07, 2022
Southern Governors met at this man's state and they reached agreement, all of them, that both parties must zone power rotation to South.

In defiance, his party, PDP left the primary open and Northerner clinched the party flag.

Now this guy has not protested, nor an outcry from him or others about being cheated. Instead, the mumu is flexing about becoming a VP to North.

If North agrees to demands for referendum and an inclusion of secession in the statutory law, many Southerners will oppose it and prefer their slave status under North than to be independent and self-ruling. Okowa is one of such slowpoke saboteurs.

317 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 07, 2022
Okowa, Atiku, Tinubu, Buhari, Lawan, PDP, APC, LABOUR PARTY,NNPP. All of you are mad. hungry modfkrs. unrepented power mongers

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:54am On Jun 07, 2022
PDP showed the South-East pepper no be small.
Since 1999.
No Presidential or Even Vice presidential.
Life is truly not balanced sha.

And it is APC that is their problems in life.
Stop politics of hatred and bitterness to progress in life.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of them still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished two tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.

muykem:
So south east will not get even VP slot and Atiku promised them that he will only do one term.
Na so dem see am...

Afamed:

A slave must continue to serve his master. It's a contract signed at Okija shrine
Hmmmmm, this is deep Chairman!!

EmeraldJD:
Those guys keep on voting PDP as if they've been charmed, a party that gave them only senate president for eight years.
Don't mind them hypocrites

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by nairavsdollars(f): 1:56am On Jun 07, 2022
Rodented Okowa is just wasting his time

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by EmeraldJD: 1:57am On Jun 07, 2022
post=113546870:
Since 1999.
No Presidential candidate or Even Vice presidential candidate.

Those guys keep on voting PDP as if they've been charmed, a party that gave them only senate president for eight years.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Kingray10: 2:03am On Jun 07, 2022
Now I understand why he delivered Delta state for Atiku. grin Nigeria na cruise I swear.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by mikemiyaki: 2:14am On Jun 07, 2022
Did you you say no Vice Presidential candidate? What was Peter Obi to Atiku in 2019 presidential election? Or, is Peter Obi from Yoloba?
post=113546870:
Since 1999.

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Yankee101: 2:27am On Jun 07, 2022
Please what concrete things has okowa done in Delta?
Is he a performer?
Help us out so we can advise Atiku appropriately

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by VaginaMiners: 2:28am On Jun 07, 2022
Chapii:
Okowa, Wike, Makinde and all the Southern Politicians in PDP will regret why they did not work for the emergence of Peter Obi as the PDP candidate.
Are you scared of mentioning your own flat..hea.ded governors

26 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Penguin2: 2:32am On Jun 07, 2022
Ebubu:
wike has been quiet recently

unlike him

catch: delta state delegates voted Atiku, likewise Bayelsa delegates.

He has seen everything is not by gra gra

Like Tinubu urchins will soon see.

Meanwhile, I think not picking Okowa as running mate might be one of Wike’s conditions to work for the Atiku ticket.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Duru009(m): 2:33am On Jun 07, 2022
You don't have Political value.....

That position goes to Udom Emmanuel or WIKE !!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Urheadmaster(m): 3:08am On Jun 07, 2022
But God can stop you and Atiku from becoming the president of Nigeria tongue tongue tongue

23 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:21am On Jun 07, 2022
mikemiyaki:
Did you you say no Vice Presidential candidate? What was Peter Obi to Atiku in 2019 presidential election? Or, is Peter Obi from Yoloba?
Keep silent when elders are talking instead of commenting jargons.
All dis nairaland.com pikins sef.
Was your peter obituary ever a sitting Vice President at any point in his life?
The innocent lives of over 100 Anambran youths that were murdered and their corpses thrown to the river will haunt him and his killer cop James Nwafor for the rest of ther lives.
Or when has your P Obituary said anything about the murderer, cannibals and bastards called ipob animals?
U berrer bikiaful dere

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Afamed: 3:45am On Jun 07, 2022
post=113546870:
Since 1999.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.
A slave must continue to serve his master. It's a contract signed at Okija shrine

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by helinues: 4:17am On Jun 07, 2022
Afamed:

cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Newton2024: 4:20am On Jun 07, 2022
MetaPhysical:
Southern Governors met at this man's state and they reached agreement, all of them, that both parties must zone power rotation to South.

In defiance, his party, PDP left the primary open and Northerner clinched the party flag.

Now this guy has not protested, nor an outcry from him or others about being cheated. Instead, the mumu is flexing about becoming a VP to North.

If North agrees to demands for referendum and an inclusion of secession in the statutory law, many Southerners will oppose it and prefer their slave status under North than to be independent and self-ruling. Okowa is one of such slowpoke saboteurs.
You have said it all. Selfish polithiefcians are our problem in the South.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by orohbiro(f): 4:24am On Jun 07, 2022
Atiku/okowa combo Nigeria is finished

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 07, 2022
post=113547440:

The innocent lives of over 100 Anambran youths that were murdered and their corpses thrown to the river will haunt him and his killer cop James Nwafor for the rest of ther lives.
Or when has your P Obituary said anything about the murderer, cannibals and bastards called ipob animals?
U berrer bikiaful dere

Hmmm
Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 07, 2022
post=113547440:

You are a vile man. He just unmasked a lie you wrote about NO VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE and you went berserk.

Presidency in Nigeria rotates North and South. And no region can truly get it without the full support of the north, courtesy of their numerical strength, and voting power having the highest number of states and registered voters who are willing to come out and vote.

1999, the north duly gave the south the needed support to produce the president and the SOUTHWEST got the slot. The favour was returned in 2007 and the NORTHWEST got it before the Goodluck debacle. It is the prerogative of the party in power to rotate power equitably. The opposition does not have the luxury to share power it does not have. You have to take power before you can share it. It is still in the northwest today. With the clamor for power to return to the SOUTH, the question should be why is same southwest that has had an 8 year presidency, rounding up 8 year vice presidency not considering the south east? Don’t tell me APC or PDP because APC today is made up of over 40% former PDP members. Aside Buhari’ cult followings, CPC was not even qualified to be called a regional party, while AC was at best a regional party. So it’s basically same people different vehicle. It goes to show that in this contraception, whenever power is being touted to go SOUTH, the yorubas will never allow the ibos have it owing to their numerical strength, this was senator Kalu’s argument that so many ibos fail to see and feel he is a traitor. Delta state as a case study; power rotates central, south and north. North is rounding up, when next it comes north, an IKA man will never be governor, rather an NDOKWA man will. When next it goes south, an ITSEKIRI man will not be, rather an IJAW man will and so on. Do you realize that the opposition in this state has been fielding only Great Ogboru irrespective until now? Why, you can’t rotate power you don’t have as an opposition.

Pls do well to tell us where the AD, AC, ACN, APC has ever given its ticket to an Ibo man as an opposition when it is clearly trying to wrest power first!

Back to issues, the PDP would have been so stupid to give its ticket to any other than Atiku who has the financial warchest and national structure as well as a cult following(over 10m votes) to go toe to toe with the ruling party. Wike or anyone from SE will lose to the ruling party before 12 noon. You must take power before you can share it.

If APC wins with Tinubu and he has 8 years, power will go back to the north for another 8 making 16, there is no argument on this. When the north is done, trust me, same yorubas will not allow the ibos have it, so it’s not even the party but the people. Ibos will only have the presidency when they have the full support of the north, knowing SS will always have their backs.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Judolisco(m): 4:56am On Jun 07, 2022
Na because of vice president u throw ur brother wike under the carpet..... All dis appointees who parade themselves as governors sef... With what is going on right now in APC I think southerners are more dumber than I thought

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by planetE(m): 4:57am On Jun 07, 2022
Igbo in the mud

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by OGwales(m): 4:57am On Jun 07, 2022
No be thieves all of Una b Ode, as if he doesn't know it's time for the south to take charge
Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by maxtop(m): 4:57am On Jun 07, 2022
THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM BUT I WILL OBI-DIENTLY VOTE FOR PETER COME WHAT MAY ........ grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Opinedecandid(m): 4:58am On Jun 07, 2022
We have heard
Re: 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa by Buckyfat43: 4:58am On Jun 07, 2022
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

" Dino Melaye Managed To Escape From Abductors" Say Family Sources / Ize-Iyamu Acid: Oshiomhole Must Have Mistaken Me For Another Dean – Sagay / The Unveiling Of The New Chief Obafemi Awolowo Statue By Governor Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.