Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online (46751 Views)

Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36 Billion This Week / CBN Blows $36 Billion Defending The Naira In 2018, Up 130% From 2017. / Google Rewarded This 17 Years Teenager $36,000 For Finding Security Flaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by SeriouslySense(m): 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
That's the right thing to do. Integrity is better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by SeriouslySense(m): 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
It does not matter she did the right thing, it does not belong to her either.
loganx:
Something funny here is whoever sold that item isn't the owner of the $36k. It must have belong to a relative or a house they purchased.

If the cash belong to a relative, probably an old person who doesn't bank, he or she would have revealed the cash before they passed to their younger relative(s) if their relationship was smooth.

Whoever that cash was returned to does not own it and definitely does not deserve it.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by papalasun: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
The best partner for this Obi liberation journey is Aisha Buhari.Her body language is enough to tell it all.
Obidient, let's get her into the race.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by edosignature(m): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
Highly impressive of her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by armyofone(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good lady! Impressive!!

I would have done the same.
You can't take what isn't yours or didn't work for in Uncle Sam. Recipe for disaster to do that.

She has a job and a life - no need to screw it up. Besides, where is going to keep the money? Not in any bank - the bank will be suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by 66spirit(m): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
Prechgold1180:
If I return am
Make I bend

Notice if you are 30 or below and you looking for a job in Lagos Do you what it take the certificate and all qualifications if yes Dm me
Make we gather go find the job

You shall not bend. But it is not your cash.. That is all.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by felixray2010(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
You notice too na?
silvoclaira:

Blood of god!!
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by armyofone(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
loganx:
Something funny here is whoever sold that item isn't the owner of the $36k. It must have belong to a relative or a house they purchased.

If the cash belong to a relative, probably an old person who doesn't bank, he or she would have revealed the cash before they passed to their younger relative(s) if their relationship was smooth.

Whoever that cash was returned to does not own it and definitely does not deserve it.

Maybe the death was sudden and no opportunity to tell anyone of the hidden money ?
Possibly no good relationship between the person and the family.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Phut(f): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
cenaman:
Those from the yeast will never returned it.
Umodu is actually an Igbo woman from the East. Shame on you!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Tradegood: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Eyaa, she must have really thought they set her up.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Richy4(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Empiree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOezBethHA

What are you showing me?.. they said she was from California. grin There's no place her country of origin was mentioned.. assuming she stole from them, she wouldn't have been from California but a Nigerian. smiley
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by intruder15(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
Prechgold1180:
If I return am

Make I bend

Notice if you are 30 or below and you looking for a job in Lagos
Do you what it take the certificate and all qualifications if yes Dm me

Typical Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Transcriber: 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
Empiree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOezBethHA
I can only find one "Nigerian woman" here

If it was a bad thing "NIGERIA would be written in bold on the headlines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Transcriber: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2022
Elidrisy20:
$36k in the states,na chicken change nah embarassed
that a lie lol

That's someone's yearly salary there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Transcriber: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
anonymuz:
why is nairaland so toxic, full of bigots and lunatics?
because most of us think we're "anonymuz"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Dayvidblue: 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
cenaman:
Your father really tried, at least he bore a greater fool than he is.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Emmanuel909090: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
People that really need it, will never find it.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by jaxxy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Prechgold1180:
If I return am

Make I bend

Notice if you are 30 or below and you looking for a job in Lagos
Do you what it take the certificate and all qualifications if yes Dm me

Learn to do the right thing. U can make it without taking what isn't yours deliberately.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by jimtemi1: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
cenaman:
i will return it if GOD bless me above that money, but as I dey if found Na GOD blessings be that no need for return

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Freelane33(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
Stupidity okinshey gentility , gentility okinshey stupidity
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Zumzum(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
Perzonally..... i can't do it (in fals voice)
VillageHead:
One good turn deserves another.

She was given the couch for free and she found a huge amount of money stashed in it. But she thought it wise to return it.

Integrity and honesty pay!

Commendable!
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Dmacqh(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
cenaman:

Which place called “ Yeast “ in Nigeria ? Or I you meant to write East , which I know “ Umudo “ isn’t Western or Northern ? Is she Southern ?

And the headline though . If it’s crime , they call the state and tribe . Now it’s good gesture , it’s Nigerian.

On a low , that grandma is part of our problem. I wonder why such money miss road can’t see my path. All the bushes I always mingle , I won’t see fortune but thorns. God let your will be done.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Galaxydon1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
cenaman:
Chineke kpo gi oku
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Desusi: 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hmm,all men are not the same.Can anything good come out of Nigeria.? There's Hope for our generation.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Desusi: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
There's hope for our generation.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Bbbw: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
Really
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Kalakazzy(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2022
Prechgold1180:
If I return am
Make I bend
I swear ..the money don go

Notice if you are 30 or below and you looking for a job in Lagos Do you what it take the certificate and all qualifications if yes Dm me
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Burgerlomo: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
God bless her
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by cenaman(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
Galaxydon1:
Chineke kpo gi oku
Otu Mma'gi.
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Empiree: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
Transcriber:
I can only find one "Nigerian woman" here

If it was a bad thing "NIGERIA would be written in bold on the headlines
Richy4:

What are you showing me?.. they said she was from California. grin There's no place her country of origin was mentioned.. assuming she stole from them, she wouldn't have been from California but a Nigerian. smiley
This is the media for you. You cant change them. Perhaps you can now see the same antics they play on Muslims. Believe it or not
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by snoopz: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
Those guys go start dey check the whole property of the deceased wey stingy dey hide money for couch grin
Like man wey no dey spend him money, him children go spend am on top shayo wen him die
Re: Nigerian Grandma In The US Returns $36,000 She Found In Couch She Got Online by Orpe7(m): 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2022
The only place I am returning that money to is my account in Nigeria grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros Today 27/04/2017 / Jos Suya Seller In Suit & Italian Shoe (Photos) / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.