Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary (27627 Views)

Shina Peller Wins APC Iseyin/kajola/itesiwaju Federal Constituency Reps’ Ticket / Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro Wins APC House Of Representatives Ticket In Lagos / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Mynd44: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tinubu wins

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has won the ruling party’s Presidential Primaries, POLITICS NIGERIA reports.

Tinubu defeated the likes of Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; Rotimi Amaechi, former Minister of Transportation; and Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.

The former Lagos State governor gained ground after fellow contestants, Governors Kayode Fayemi, Abubakar Badaru, and ex-Governor Ibikunle Amosun, among others stepped down for him on Tuesday night.

Meanwhile, Amaechi, who is projected to come second, alleged rigging of the election process.

2,322 delegates from 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) voted at the APC presidential primaries.

See the results below:

Emeka Nwajuba — 1 vote
Dave Umahi — 38 votes
Tunde Bakare — 0 votes
Ahmad Rufair Sunni Yerima— 4 votes
Rotimi Amaechi — 316 votes
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo — 235 votes
Rochas Okorocha — 0 votes
Yahaya Bello — 47 votes
Jack Rich — 0 votes
Christopher Onu — 1 vote
Ahmad Lawan — 152 votes
Ben Ayade — 37 votes
Ikeobasi Mokelu — 0 vote
Bola Tinubu — 1271 votes

Void — 13

The man, Tinubu
Tinubu made his debut in politics as an activist in the pro-democracy agitations of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) in the early 1990s.

The 70-year-old was instrumental to the formation of the APC in 2013, and the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as president in 2015.

His main challengers in the 2023 polls have been identified as Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP).

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Urheadmaster(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
All hail king Asiwaju Mohammed Tinubu the incoming presido of Nigeria shocked

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by iamyemiakins(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tinubu is reaping what he has been sowing right from way back by investing in people and the system at large, he put in work and effort moving from one state to another to meet delegates and also contributing here and there, no be small thing!

Na Buga reloaded for Tinubu urchins right now grin

But, we don't need either Tinubu or Atiku as President biko

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo right now...

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Tunechi5(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
This country is gone

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by dboo442: 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Jagaban has paid his dues in full no doubt. I learnt something: Always pay your dues in full not in installments. Big congratulations to Asiwaju although I got no iota of respect for all these politicians , I'm just happy APC made the right call because emi lokan is the only one that can standout to Obi and Atiku. Osinbajo should be more loyal next time because that is what it is.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Children of hate will stay clear of this thread..Idiot lots.

They will soon come out talk about how there Obishit is going to be president of there dream..

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by 6sco: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
it was a walk over for the man, he has done his homework very well.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Joezinho: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
In Naija's politics, the best man for the job hardly wins any political election. As long as delegates are concerned there's no way Osinbajo can match Tinubu..

Osinbajo is obviously a better material but it goes beyond being a better material. Tinubu is a politician while Osinbajo is a professional.

Unfortunately those of us who love Osinbajo are not part of the delegate and so we have little or no input except during the main elections..

315 Likes 96 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Nigeria can never be better in dis life time!

no need to chose btw 2 confirm thieves (Atiku vs Tinubu)

pathetic!
embarassed

Mind u, Peter Obi didn't do his homework well too...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by LaSenior: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

The way northerners will love to retain power eeeeeh

Even buhari himself go vote for Atiku

Come 2023 the North will rig in PDP with their own hands

APC saying goodbye to 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Africana1123(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Asiwaju bola Ahmed , Nigeria political jagaban see how this man bench sitting vp, senate president, minister, governor,baba you have my full respect today my vote for you 2023 …..I notice something on nairaland and Twitter grin ; igbo too deh hate cool they can’t even step down for one candidate among themselves, now they see the man helping them in Lagos as there enemy ..I check some old news on nairaland today ..Peter Obi no try as governor make we deh tell ourself the truth ! Don’t let hatred kill you follow the man that know road

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by iphiy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
We moooeeeve.
I don't like him, I don't want him. But I can't help but say he is our next president.

Tufiaaaa..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by kroger: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Same old wrinkled politician that has nothing to offer .
I just feel pity of Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Mainmanpadi(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Not a fan of Tinubu or Atiku but my vote is for Tinubu

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Rashkeed(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Country about to...
Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by chii8(f): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Please, I registered in 2011,relocated to a different local government, can I still vote with that same card?
Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Menace2Society(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Some people go cry taya today!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by YeyeGbami: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Wey all those noise makers, shame on you all.

I hope you’re all crying in the corner of your shithole village.

As a bunch of confirmed serial loser wey una be, i know una go shift post again.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by localblood(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Normally Asiwaju no be there mate! All of them Buhari inclusive!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by html14java(f): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Time to dust my PVC.

Peter's Victory Card

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Amaechi na man thank you for fighting gallantly

Amaechi and Osibanjo were the only hope

Now that it didn’t happen, I will go and pursue Japa as Nigerians have chosen to suffer for another 8 years.

It’s a pity, except Tinubu dies before the General elections. Then I may reconsider this japa.

I cannot be in a country where Agbero is nationalized, we will soon have agberos in Abuja, they will turn Nigeria to a motor park.

Atiku is a thief he will sell all Nigerias assets especially NNPC to himself.

Peter Obi stands no chance, he is 100% hype.

Goodbye and God bless.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by exynos(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
The Jagaban himself

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by SimplePlan34: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Baba don collect am though I am not happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by shortIGBOman: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Abeg, make una help me with Rat Poison. We Peter Obi's Brothers will end it. We can't take it, Tinubu can not rule this Country. We BIAFRANS are in severe pains now.

310 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by WiszyFraud: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Yeeyo: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Nigeria has turn to something else where outed people are always elected as leaders

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by deeptechcool(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Jagaban....It's good to know your worth, it's better to stand for it but, it's best to go for it.

He went for the JUGULAR shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary by Gertyman: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Jaga bam bam

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike, Ortom, Ikpeazu Are Using Peter Obi To Catch Cruise - Deji Adeyanju / The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) / Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.