Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting (2024 Views)

Peter Obi Or Sampson Uchenna Charles: Who Is LP's Presidential Candidate? / Protest Hits Southern Kaduna As Soldiers Prevent Residents From Voting. Photos / Osun Rerun: Voters Without White Handkerchief Stopped From Voting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by izac82: 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
gidgiddy:
I have been predicting for the last 3 years here on Nairaland that in 2023, PDP would field Atiku, and APC would field Tinubu. That prediction has come to pass

But one thing I did not forsee was that Peter Obi was going to run. Unless a political earthquake happens, Peter Obi has zero chance of winning the Presidential race with the Labour party. Personally, I dont think Peter Obi, or any Igbo man for that matter, can win Presidential elections in Nigeria without zoning, and zoning has been done away with.

However, we Igbos have no business electing another Fulani man and Notherner, in Atiku Abubakar, for another 8 years. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help a Fulani man had over to another Fulani after 8 years

We also have no business electing another Yoruba man, and South Westerner, in Bola Tinubu. The South West have had 8 years Presidency and 7 years Vice-Presidency, we have had zero. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help the South West get what would amount to their "third term"

Therefore, if you are one of the Igbos like me who wont be voting, then abstain from the Presidential vote. However, if you must vote, vote Peter Obi, and leave the North and South West to fight for the Presidency

"Onye ajulu, adighi aju onwe ya"
It is wise to stay silence sometimes. We are at the most politically disadvantaged at this moment, but we make things worst with too much talk. Pete Obi should be a Nigerian project, and not just Igbo project.

2 Likes

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by gidgiddy: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
izac82:

It is wise to stay silence sometimes. We are at the most politically disadvantaged at this moment, but we make things worst with too much talk. Pete Obi should be a Nigerian project, and not just Igbo project.

Peter Obi cant be a Nigerian project, nobody in the North will vote for him

His popularity starts and ends in the South
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Sergio101(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
Analysing our situation in Nigeria just dey make me sad

But no probs.

Anybody that knows Simon Ekpa should tell him not to fall hand with useless order this time around. Rather he should encourage his supporters to get the PVC.

Let's try our very best.

On obi's mandate I stand

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
okeysoninv:
igbos are building great Force. no more political apathy. if you are Igbo man or woman go and obtain ur PVC. this is our weapon for now. we must make statement in this incoming election.
@ gidigiddy is an ipob a** licker waiting for his Lord and personal to instruct him to obtain his pvc.

If you really are Igbo, then you're as naive and easily fooled as they come! I'm 100% in support of IPOB, and events in the last few weeks have shown just who the idealistic ones with their heads stuck in the sand are!

I've been saying FOR THE PAST TWO OR THREE YEARS that Ndigbo have no place in 'one Nigeria'....certainly not one in which we are told we're one of the three major ethnicities....one leg of the tripod, yet are cheated and schemed out of every opportunity at every turn by the other two (Yoruba and Fulani)! Besides being inconsiderate, power hungry and covetous, these two ethnicities habour an intense negative attitude towards Ndigbo, and this mainly accounts for our present standing in the political-economy of Nigeria! Why our elite can't see this and resolve to join in the support for IPOB so we can leave Nigeria for these people, is something i'm yet to understand! It's not that they're stupid and can't see what's going on. Rather, i think their self interests and pecuniary gain is what's driving them to place 'one Nigeria' over and above Igbo interests. This started way back with the likes of Zik who, upon all his supposed intelligence, thought it was a good idea for his people to share the same country with a fundamentalist/wahabi north who had already shown their dislike for the Igbo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by PeaceNexus(m): 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
This kind of politicking is not the way forward.

The first huddle for Igbos is to overcome the voting aparthy.

If this is successfully achieved, I tell you that Igbos will become the most politically relevant tribe in Nigeria.

This is because, not only that they can vote in their own governors, but that they will also be able to determine who becomes governor in most states in Nigeria.

Just imagine all Igbos in Kano or Lagos voting on the election day, it would take heavenly rigging for candidate they vote against to emerge to as governor of that state.

Secondly, any government of the day would seek their cooperation as he would miss millions of votes if he goes against them.

I must admit that Tinubu was very focused even in the face of opposition from his own people, he remained resolute.

That is something to be emulated. However, Osibanjo demonstrated good knowledge of actionable and effective plans to move the country forward but unfortunately he lost out.

Then my Igbo politicians were very selfish, they couldn't team up to have a consensus, nobody supported anybody but him/herself...that kind of politics won't take Igbos anywhere, same with south south.

In all honesty, this year has brought Igbos closer to the presidency than before. I suggest that they align with south south because it's easier for them as brothers.

Vote Peter Obi for president
gidgiddy:
I have been predicting for the last 3 years here on Nairaland that in 2023, PDP would field Atiku, and APC would field Tinubu. That prediction has come to pass

But one thing I did not forsee was that Peter Obi was going to run. Unless a political earthquake happens, Peter Obi has zero chance of winning the Presidential race with the Labour party. Personally, I dont think Peter Obi, or any Igbo man for that matter, can win Presidential elections in Nigeria without zoning, and zoning has been done away with.

However, we Igbos have no business electing another Fulani man and Notherner, in Atiku Abubakar, for another 8 years. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help a Fulani man had over to another Fulani after 8 years

We also have no business electing another Yoruba man, and South Westerner, in Bola Tinubu. The South West have had 8 years Presidency and 7 years Vice-Presidency, we have had zero. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help the South West get what would amount to their "third term"

Therefore, if you are one of the Igbos like me who wont be voting, then abstain from the Presidential vote. However, if you must vote, vote Peter Obi, and leave the North and South West to fight for the Presidency

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

Peter Obi cant be a Nigerian project, nobody in the North will vote for him

His popularity starts and ends in the South

Realistic Igbo who can read the Nigerian political landscape seem to be in short supply! Umahi for instance...someone should remind me why he left PDP again?

Politics in Nigeria is still largely self-interest/tribal/religious driven, and anyone who thinks Peter Obi can win a presidential election on the strength of his character, ideas and antecedents, is naive and in for a rude awakening!

1 Like

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Ddokie: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
FallenShitHole:

You are daft. Who will give you regional government, when it's about 99% dividing nigeria? Where do you expect the yorubas and northerners to get the money they will embezzle and enrich thmselves as they are currently doing? Don't you know that regional government comes with resource control? Some of you have nothing uptairs.
After seign Catalonia, i knew right away that you are another morron. Like there are no other countries that have successfully broken away and become countries of their own. Fool, google and learn a lesson or two. may PVC kee you there.

You that is not daft and a fool, give me a step by step plan on how you will achieve biafra. What i mean is: this is step 1, this is what it will achieve; when we get there, this is what we will do next. Something like that. I have been asking all of you IPOB fanatics the steps, none has provided any. Maybe you are a genius, tell me.

It is not about abusing people up and down the whole place. Nothing happens without proper planning. Lets have your plan, if it is good enough we may buy into it and start pushing it.

If you don't have any, then you are just making noise. Power is taken not given. At least we have all learnt that from Tinubu.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

Ask Google o!
Answer the question na. You dey run, idiot! Na to just dey talk talk nonsense wey full your mouth. Foool
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Answer the question na. You dey run, idiot! Na to just dey talk talk nonsense wey full your mouth. Foool

You are the one who came from generation of fools! grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

You are the one who came from generation of fools! grin
Foolish Animal. Dan burouba shege cheesy cheesy
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Foolish Animal. Dan burouba shege cheesy cheesy

Your generation no get joy na! Drug don finish una life kpatakpata shege grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

Your generation no get joy na! Drug don finish una life kpatakpata shege grin
No be drugnubu urchin you be. Na your entire generation drugs don destroy parapata grin grin grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
No be drugnubu urchin you be. Na your entire generation drugs don destroy parapata grin grin grin

Mumuric brain dead!
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

Mumuric brain dead!
God go punish you punish your useless dead generation 10000 million times. Tinubu urchin grin cheesy
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
God go punish you punish your useless dead generation 10000 million times. Tinubu urchin grin cheesy

You are slaves in Nigeria and you will remain so! Fool
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

You are slaves in Nigeria and you will remain so! Fool
Useless frustrated animal. I don’t even live in Nigeria fool. So chop your smelling jaga jaga geria shithole in pieces big fooool tongue grin grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Useless frustrated animal. I don’t even live in Nigeria fool. So chop your smelling jaga jaga geria shithole in pieces big fooool tongue grin grin

Baboon like you why are you passionatly commenting about Nigeria senseless maggot! grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by omoharry(f): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
gidgiddy:

However, we Igbos have no business electing another Fulani man and Notherner, in Atiku Abubakar, for another 8 years. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help a Fulani man hand over to another Fulani after 8 years

We also have no business electing another Yoruba man, and South Westerner, in Bola Tinubu. The South West have had 8 years Presidency and 7 years Vice-Presidency. We have had zero. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help the South West get what would amount to their "third term"

You are quite an unwise writer . If all the Igbos abstain from voting other people except thier own ,then how do you expect obi to win the seat of the presidency? Then, If you all abstain and decide not to vote (which you guys have not been interested in before ) someone from the one of the two big party must still win and whatever they do will trinkle down to affect you either good or bad.
Do away with this bitterness . I am not Igbo but I am voting for obi. Not becos he is Igbo but because I believe in him and I feel he is an intelligent, principled and credible leader that should be given a chance to be president to turn things around.
With all these turn by turn ,where has it gotten us? it's has still not developed Nigeria. Just look at Buhari and the clamour from the north that it's thier turn to rule during GRJ time..infact they almost turn the country upside down just becos they felt it's the turn of the north to rule . finally they got their power and only Buhari cronies are benefiting from his position as a president..while the masses of the north are worse off than they were when Buhari became president.Sey they are enjoying thier brothers in Aso rock now ?
Thier region is worse than they ever anticipated.
So the only thing that you will get out of Igbo presidency base on' turn by turn' is just to make you feel good that your man is there and it will only end there . These your people in govt will never fight for you .The only people that will enjoy their position is thier friends and family.
We need someone that is strong , principled and courageous enough to restructure this country so that is issue of marginalisation will be reduced to the barest minimum. Meanwhile Obi need sensible men & women to help build bridges for more support and vote than burn bridges like you are doing here .

1 Like

Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kdon2:

Baboon like you why are you passionatly commenting about Nigeria senseless maggot! grin
Hopeless fool. You will continue to be slave to hausa-fooolani till you die grin cheesy What do you even have inside that your foolish head. Bags of shitts or gutter grin grin grin useless pig grin cheesy
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kdon2: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Hopeless fool. You will continue to be slave to hausa-fooolani till you die grin cheesy What do you even have inside that your foolish head. Bags of shitts or gutter grin grin grin useless pig grin cheesy

Dindinrin randanrandan
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Okwyjesus(m): 12:22am On Jun 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

However, we Igbos have no business electing another Fulani man and Notherner, in Atiku Abubakar, for another 8 years. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help a Fulani man hand over to another Fulani after 8 years

We also have no business electing another Yoruba man, and South Westerner, in Bola Tinubu. The South West have had 8 years Presidency and 7 years Vice-Presidency. We have had zero. It would be sacrilegious for any Igbo man to help the South West get what would amount to their "third term"

Obi or nothing

Whether he wins or not
He is the only true southern candidate
He is a Christian but love Muslims
He is an intellectual
He is the only front runner that made his money outside politics
He is a the only candidate that from the just side in power rotation...
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by Kuruptnigga: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2022
Kdon2:

Dindinrin randanrandan
I feel like crying for you, i feel like crying for you grin grin
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by paramakina202: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

Have you realised there is no future in propagating chaos and anarchy in the name of Biafra in Igboland?
It is a welcome development but don't bring your IPOB mentality into Obi's campaign else you gonna ruin it for him.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by gidgiddy: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2022
paramakina202:

Have you realised there is no future in propagating chaos and anarchy in the name of Biafra in Igboland?
It is a welcome development but don't bring your IPOB mentality into Obi's campaign else you gonna ruin it for him.

Biafra is the only thing that will liberate Igbos from the monumentally failed country called Nigeria

I laugh at Nigerians talking about elections. Their fathers and grandfathers have been voting since 1960 with nothing to show for it, but they are today still talking about elections

Elections are a waste of time and fans of Peter Obi knows he has no chance of winning. However , if some Igbos decide to vote, they should vote one of their own, Peter Obi, even though he stans no chance of winning
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by paramakina202: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2022
FallenShitHole:
Ol'boy face reality. What will Igbo useless votes do for Peter Obi? You actually think Peter Obi stand a chance in a sectional/ethnic pattern of voting in nigeria? Did't what happened at both PDP and APC convention teach you a lesson?

You openly want to validate their corrupt election by participating and voting for Peter Obi. All those yorubas shouting Peter Obi online are all 100% going to switch back to campagning for Tinubu, leaving you with your so called Peter Obi.

They were shouting Peter Obi because they thought Tinubu was going to lose. We have told you guys severally that nigeria is not for you, but you keep insisting. I hope that today, the scales will finally fall off your eyes. Boycott their 2023 election and support the division of nigeria.

If Nigeria is not for us what IPOB offers is not an alternative.Ndi Igbo should be allowed to participate in election win or lose.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by paramakina202: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

Biafra is the only thing that will liberate Igbos from the monumentally failed country called Nigeria

I laugh at Nigerians talking about elections. Their fathers and grandfathers have been voting since 1960 with nothing to show for it, but they are today still talking about elections

Elections are a waste of time and fans of Peter Obi knows he has no chance of winning. However , if some Igbos decide to vote, they should vote one of their own, Peter Obi, even though he stans no chance of winning

Biafra is good and we fought hard for it but unfortunately lost in battle and surrendered in 1970, you can't get it back through forcing your own people to sit at home every monday and behead those that disobeyed the order.IPOB have no plans or capacity to restore Biafra in the next 50 years let us face reality. Peter Obi may not win but there is no harm in trying,in fact it is better to try than doing nothing.Peter Obi have already inspired many and giving them some hope to participate in next election.We should focus more in electing credible leaders in our states,one day we shall triumph at federal level.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by gidgiddy: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2022
paramakina202:

Biafra is good and we fought hard for it but unfortunately lost in battle and surrendered in 1970, you can't get it back through forcing your own people to sit at home every monday and behead those that disobeyed the order.IPOB have no plans or capacity to restore Biafra in the next 50 years let us face reality. Peter Obi may not win but there is no harm in trying,in fact it is better to try than doing nothing.Peter Obi have already inspired many and giving them some hope to participate in next election.We should focus more in electing credible leaders in our states,one day we shall triumph at federal level.

What reality are you facing? That Nigeria is poverty capital of the world and 6th most insecure country on earth? What reality is that one?

Peter Obi is from my own state and is worthy to be President, but he will never be President, nobody in the North will vote for him. His popularity starts and ends in the South and you be sure he has no chance of winning in the South west and the entire North

Nigeria only gets worse with every election, the country is heading for the rocks.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by christistruth01: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2022
gidgiddy what about Biafra?

What of those Igbos that were sent to kill and Cannibalise themselves in the Bush fighting for Biafra how will they collect their own PVCs after murdering the INEC Officials in the PVC registration Centers ?
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by paramakina202: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

What reality are you facing? That Nigeria is poverty capital of the world and 6th most insecure country on earth? What reality is that one?

Peter Obi is from my own state and is worthy to be President, but he will never be President, nobody in the North will vote for him. His popularity starts and ends in the South and you be sure he has no chance of winning in the South west and the entire North

Nigeria only gets worse with every election, the country is heading for the rocks.

I have heard you.Now tell me how to achieve Biafra successfully I will join the struggle.
Biafra Biafra have we given you guys enough support already to get us Biafra since 1967 till date?Obu gini ji nkita onwu?
Abeg just stay out of Peter Obi's presidential ambition.
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by fergie001: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Speak for yourself.....
Re: In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting by FallenShitHole: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
Sergio101:
Analysing our situation in Nigeria just dey make me sad

But no probs.

Anybody that knows Simon Ekpa should tell him not to fall hand with useless order this time around. Rather he should encourage his supporters to get the PVC.

Let's try our very best.

On obi's mandate I stand
slowpoke, after what happened at Alaba market yesterday, are you still going to talk against Simon Ekpa that has been telling you fools the truth? Some of you are really daft. One nigeria kee all of you there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Incoming VP. By The Grace Of God. / Moment A White Man Got Stunned In Church Because Of Peter Obi (video & Pics) / Peter Obi Defeat Tinubu And Atiku In Ogun State Election Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.