Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? (69906 Views)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Did Amaechi Give The APC National Chairman Ghana Must Go Bags? / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Twoclans(f): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
That kind of shocked me sha.
I won't lie.I did not see it coming.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by StagethemTVee: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
The VP is a learner in politics albeit an educated and quiet competent lawyer

4 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by RolandFinch: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
cheesy
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Google will be the best platform to find out!
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Mooh247: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Osinbajo is a stingy iijebu man

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by DeHorus: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
It's simple na money
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by DKM123: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
You are asking such a question when it involved 0.00000000000000000000000001 percent fraction of Nigerians voting and all of whom are politicians who are mostly after thier PERSONAL stomach infrastructure?

Reach ke, Lionel Richie ni!

Make una rest! If a real debate was held and people were to vote based entirely on thier own CONVICTIONS and not on DOLLAR RAIN, Tinubu and his shaky shaky frame would have come out Last position cos even a 10year old child can see he is too old, unhealthy and doesn't look or act the least bit presidential.

Leave Osibanjo alone and concentrate on facing the consequences of your decisions. Osibanjo is already a multi-millionaire if not a billionaire and he will never smell poverty till he dies. You on the other hand needs to start thinking of your life and how you will get your next meal. Una Mumu no go ever do!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by abbey621(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.

Which of the sane climates be that? The whites sef craze pass us, they'll leave a Ph.D holder and elect an actor or plumber grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by wwwihy: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
You can't have South/South ticket

How do you guys even think...
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by joyandfaith: 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?

Especially SW votes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Coldie(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2022
Osibanjo is not a politician

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by ameh43: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2022
Oil money...... Na who get DOLLAR those poor delegates the vote na ... It's all about money....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by HernanCortes: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Chinese dollars cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
LWKMD!!

This common “Tisha Ogene” of The Village Head Master? cheesy Serves him right.
Even Amaechi got more $$$ votes.

Mr Pretender goody-two-shoes that was part of Buhari’s ROTTEN govt? What a dreamer.

Who are these people that thought Oshi-bandu was even worth considering? undecided

Nigerian PRESIDENTIAL politics is not for neophytes ke!

What were they thinking? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by sisisioge: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
A wake up call that social media isnt a real voting centre....this is how they will shock us come 2023 too. The people speak A and the reality shows B. It is well.

6 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Emma2Seconds: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
A country where Money can be use to do unthinkable.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Dididrumz(m): 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
Rivers State House Of Representative.

It's Rivers State house of assembly.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by isio1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
You have forgotten to factor in the $ given to the each delegates (aka vote buying", which of course Osinbajo did not do �%.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Sheggy13(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
Rivers State House Of Representative.
Lol, so funny. There's nothing like State House of Representatives..what you have at state level is House of Assembly, where Amaechi belonged and was Speaker. He was never in the Federal House of Representatives.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by NuclearReactor: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:
Amechi and Wike impressed me this election season. The put Rivers and Ikwerres on the map!
True, they realy made us proud cool

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by smatt1711: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Let me say this and it will be the only thing that will come to pass, If Tinubu win president Nigerian won't have up to 6 hours electricity a day for the next 8 years
IamNat:
Although I never saw this coming or maybe I did but I just sentimentally wanted Osinbanjo to be in the second position. But the truth is Amaechi as a wider political network than Osinbanjo. PYO was never at any point a politician.

ANYWAYS
1. They said APC will never be able to hold it's congress, the congress held.
2. They said if it was held, it will end badly, everything went smoothly.
3. They said if the congress goes smoothly, there would be a lot of major defections, again, there was no major defection.
4. They said Peter Obi will be PDP's candidate, again, it didn't happen.
5. They said Wike will win the PDP ticket, unfortunately for them he didn't get it.
6. They said Amaechi is the anointed candidate, it failed.
7. They said GEJ is the consensus candidate, he wasn't.
8. They said Buhari will serve Tinubu breakfast, Buhari didn't even offer it.
9. They said Tinubu can never win the APC primary election, they abused us, called us names and make jest of us. Last last, Tinubu emerged
10. Now they have started saying Tinubu can't win against Atiku and I just wonder if this people do not get tired, how is it easy for them to make assertions based on their emotions over and over again despite the obvious floors that comes with their submissions.

This was how they spoke against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 and they remember they don't have the number to become president in 2023 and wanted the same people they have continuously abused to support them. Someone should warn them to make necessary alignment now oooo before they miss the sailing of the ship again.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by zicoraads: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Twoclans:
That kind of shocked me sha.
I won't lie.I did not see it coming.
Osinbajo's win was always about PMB supporting him. Once that didn't happen, there was no magic he could do.

Ameachi on the other hand controls the delegates in Rivers State and a few South South states as well.

Nothing surprising about the result if you ask me.

6 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by shortIGBOman: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Abeg, how many votes did Okorocha got? grin

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by oyichi: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tinubu has finally destroyed APC, Buhari knows that if they conduct a primary, tinubu will bribe his way to the ticket but that will mark the end of APC and bring back PDP, they persuaded him but he refused, buhari will just leave him to contest, so that he will not say he betrayed him

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by koyyess: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
I tire..the thing weak me.

Everything is upside down in the zoo.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by AntiMahdi: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

Tinubu paid $25,000 to all delegates present .

He is estimated to have spent at least $50million to secure the ticket.

That shows he meant business and not in anyway a sign of his popularity within the party .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by ShenTeh(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

Rude shock!

Not even second o, 3rd.

I don port go meet Peter Obi people.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by ppogba: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
deeva2:
E shock you abi..Thats to tell you that Prof was never a grassroot politician but an office holder..

I talked about Osinbajo" s lack of political structure yesterday and some idiots insulted the hell out of me.

Thank God the primaries have come and gone. Every Tom, Dick and Harry now know their weight in political kilogram.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Karleb(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
The same reason Amode and Saraki were defeated in their local government.

To show Osibanjo that he is no longer the number 2.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by RepoMan007: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

He was the closest thing to an igbo presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Turn Benin Expressway To Cooking Spots / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria / How Old Is Tinubu's First Daughter, I Am Checking Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.