Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? (69916 Views)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Did Amaechi Give The APC National Chairman Ghana Must Go Bags? / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by nijanigga: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
pointblank247:
I sane clines, Osinbajo and Peter Obi would have carried the day.
Here its for highest bidders pure and simple.
Unfortunately Nigeria is not an insane country .
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by emmykk(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Who you don't know you under rate.

Ameachi is two times speaker Rivers state house of Assembly
Two times Governor or Rivers state and two times chairman of Governors forum plus two times DG for Buhari campaign team the two times Minister of Transport.

He has the clout than VP who was just only a mere commissioner before been VP.

He is well know in Niger Delta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Digmygold: 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
XerXers:

Una no de shame? Things are getting worse in the country na political supremacy una de find. Did everything spoken against Buhari not turn out to be true?

No not everything.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Askme2020(m): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I wonder if this in anyway implies that Amaechi has more reach and influence than VP Yemi Osinbajo. And in an alternate universe where Tinubu wasn't lead he stood a better chance at the presidency than the VP.
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
Too much of marvel movies.. Alternate universe
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by grandstar(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
Day169:

Probably so.

I won't be surprised if Amaechi is worth about $200m. Osibanjo declared a dorm account with $900k. He strikes me as clean.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by luluman: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Why not ask those that swore their entire life that Tinubu will not get there instead
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Peppysco: 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.

Truth is elections aren't won on social media but in real life with PVC's.
The halfbaked Obi you guys are projecting, as a governor, can't even measure up to Tinubu's achievements as far back as 2017. This is not the time for emotions or blackmail, but time for vengeance. As Tinubu rightly said, you all will reap the fruits of your labour very soon. Make una sha nor begin dey cry when everywhere begin hot

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by TheGift: 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
deeva2:
E shock you abi..Thats to tell you that Prof was never a grassroot politician but an office holder..

Was it a grassroots or bribed-delegates matter? I think it is the latter. Osinbajo lost out because He ran against corrupt Men and delegates , who see no future with Him.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IPIGMODS: 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
Dagenius53:

I'm a victim of this.

That's life. We live and learn.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by pyro10(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
I belong to comment viewers association of Nigeria( CVAN). We are a non-violent organization, Our goal is to read and scroll to the next comment and smile. commenters should please, make their comment very brief as possible so that we can scroll to the next one. Thank you.....
+
Instead of getting free PVC why can't we get free Guns cool cool, Nigeria will have peace
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Masterchef(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. .....

Ice cream seller who's serially lost elections in his own very ward?!! Abeg talk about Wike or even common Ameachi

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I wonder if this in anyway implies that Amaechi has more reach and influence than VP Yemi Osinbajo. And in an alternate universe where Tinubu wasn't lead he stood a better chance at the presidency than the VP.
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
if tinubu didn't contest he would have supported osinbajo to win... Simple
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by TheOmoney(m): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Aidejay:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
You really don't know Amaechi.... unlike the V.P that was just a commissioner to Tinubu ( mere appointment in a state where he isn't from), In 1996, Amaechi was the Rivers State's Secretary of the Democratic Party of Nigeria (DPN) caretaker committee during the transition programme of General Sani Abacha.
C.R.A has been a State assembly member where he later became the Speaker.
He was then made Chairman of all the speakers of the state House of assembly in Nigeria (Speaker of speakers). Imagine such connection. He contested and won as governor, became the Chairman of all governors in Nigeria, served 2 terms and decamped with many allies and formed APC, was the D.G to president Buhari Presidential campaign organization twice and won even unseated an incumbent president. Now he's a Minister....Prof Yemi Osinbajo knows that he has NEVER campaigned for an election before.....let alone win.
He's lucky his name popped up as a running mate to Buhari

Give Amaechi time.....his political dynasty would be greater than JAGABAN

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Chrismania100: 12:09am On Jun 09, 2022
Most of you saying this is talking as if The voting is not bought with money.
Aidejay:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by plaindealer: 12:14am On Jun 09, 2022
"I plan for betrayal, I plan for backstabbing, I also plan for reunion and forgiveness long before they happen. In life, I expect nothing, I expect anything, I expect everything."

-Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

We told you all about weak and politically irrelevant Judas with zero political base, zero political structure, zero political networks and connections, the man couldn't win his own polling station in VI.

His relevance doesn't extend beyond his bedroom and a few emirs without political power or structures.

The power is in the hands of the governors, they are in control of their respective state structures, not in the hands of the emirs, not in the hands of other Judas like Aregbe who by now is reaching out for his next begging and reconciliation visit to Burdilllorn.

Judas came in 3rd, not even 2nd.

Proverbs 25:9-10 Instead, take up the matter with your neighbor and don’t betray another person’s confidence. Otherwise, anyone who hears will make you ashamed, and your bad reputation will never leave you.

God is never on the side of betrayers.

You reap what you sow.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Tzar(m): 12:38am On Jun 09, 2022
Was it about choice? Or the candidate that bribed the corrupt delegates more?!
Nigerians will see the truth and start arguing backwards!
So, you think it was about popularity or substance?! Then you need to check your IQ.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Kayrich(m): 12:54am On Jun 09, 2022
This can also be related to the lesson one can learn from all these.
This is Nigeria and u need to know how to play your polities right. It's not about going to aso rock to begin to emit English because u re brilliant. In real fact, that shouldn't even give u upper hand to rule a nation. It's unfortunate those we wanted to win aren't supposed to be vying when they don't fathom what it takes to govern this nation.
But I know soon the kind of nation we want will be blessed on us and then, Osinbajo, obi, moghalu etc such like act will be the one president us.
Sorry for the hitch but Nigeria continues.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Yankee101: 12:58am On Jun 09, 2022
Dollars
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by OLULAW: 1:03am On Jun 09, 2022
The Northerners are clinching on to power. They've used Tinubu, the man who pees and shits in his pants, as a bait. Tinubu and APC are set to fail, enabling Atiku to emerge winner, and the will North remain in power. How extremely stupid and unbelievably daft can these so called political leaders of the South West be?
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by plaindealer: 1:07am On Jun 09, 2022
OLULAW:
The Northerners are clinching on to power. They've used Tinubu, the man who pees and shits in his pants, as a bait. Tinubu and APC are set to fail, enabling Atiku to emerge winner, and the will North remain in power. How extremely stupid and unbelievably daft can these so called political leaders of the South West be?

You people's pain, sorrow, lamentation and frustration no get part 2 and we are enjoying it.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by RichAbujaGuy: 1:23am On Jun 09, 2022
MorataFC:
Hmmmm, many of the comments above dey amuse me, as if u don't know how politic works in Nigeria?
Politics in Nigeria is an auction market where the highest bidder takes the slot.
Peter Obi saw this in PDP and he had to dump them for LP

GBAM, novice ppl typing political rubbish.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Barney94(m): 2:17am On Jun 09, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Caseless: 2:26am On Jun 09, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

you people took online 'likes' too seriously. It doesn't amount to real votes. Elections are not won online.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Ekpeitit(m): 2:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Tinubu/ Amaechi?
You must be a Biafran, only a Biafran would be so politically naive.
Please tell me how Tinubu would win an election with Amaechi as his running mate.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Caseless: 2:29am On Jun 09, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?
that's what you must understand. And it's not everyone that voted Tinubu that would vote the VP if Tinubu wasn't in the race.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by ogwumgbe: 2:35am On Jun 09, 2022
Day169:
Well, politics is a game of numbers and in this game (at this stage) the numbers are made of delegates who are swayed not by eloquence, rhetoric nor poise but by the whiff of money.
If you put those bits together, your guess is as good as mine.

They will pay dearly for selling their future; useless stinking delegates. Fools, when the man finally wins, the money thrown around has to be recovered first there by killing the economy more and the useless people that sold their future will not be spared the suffering and smiling: Democracy is a scam that's why Africa will never develop, this is the system of government forced down to Africans to exploit them. Countries like China, Vietnam: Russia, Cambodia, North Korea that shuns democracy are developing rapidly
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by 9jaTalks(m): 2:41am On Jun 09, 2022
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Emilokoiyawon: 2:48am On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
so he was all of these and the country is still a SHITHOLE

The same way Anambra is still a shithole even after Pandora Obituary spent 8 solid years as governor.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Funflipper: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?

I don't think so because osinbajo is a political lightweight who couldn't win his own polling unit which means he cannot even win a councilorship election.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by softwareman(m): 2:57am On Jun 09, 2022
Kobicove:

Mr man please mention just 1 state in Nigeria that Osibanjo controls conclusively despite being vice president for 7 years!
State is going too far.
HE LOST HIS POLLING BOOTH IN THE LAST ELECTION!!
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Gospel2Day: 2:58am On Jun 09, 2022
Thanksful:

Delegate election is by who is willing to give out more cash.

If the delegate was up to 100,000. That's when you can say this.

You're right. They simply outspent him.
A delegate, I read, revealed that Tinubu men offered them 25k dollars, while Osinbajo only offered a paltry 5k dollars.
So, nothing magical about the election.
That's money speaking, and religious sentiments of Northern delegates and Muslim southwest delegates.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Poiu11: 3:56am On Jun 09, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / LP Leading In Anambra State House Of Assembly Election (Results) 2023 / Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.