Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? (17818 Views)

See The Food Given to my daughter today in school by Government. / Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / What Was Your Nickname In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by osso: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Udeme

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by PericomaNwankwo: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
The Red Baron in honor of German WW1 air fighter Manfred Von Richthofen

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Slynation(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
StoneCold...!! Because I was known to always take out 2 to 5 boys in a fight, no jokes!!

How I became cool headed was a miracle people that knew me couldn't explain till today, because then eh, I eat fight for breakfast, launch and dinner...!! grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by OlawaleBammie: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
E get one guy wey we dey call ''Edun arinle" that time and surprisingly the guy go answer. human being dey this world sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Chidimba: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
Mine started way back in pre nursery or primary school. My school proprietress was yoruba and she always pronounces my name Shidi (in stead of Chidi). So any time my mum comes around to ask after me she will say 'Shidi is OK'. My class mates heard and tot she said Shidi so ke. In yoruba it means open your yansh. My people na so the name follow me all through primary and secondary school.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by PericomaNwankwo: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
osso:
Udeme

Ayez
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by moneyissweet(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
Singapore
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by LIGHTROOM: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
Baggio, because I was very good at playing football
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Twrdy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
fitinwell:

Who give a hook?

So insensitive.. to National issues

How about you look for a thread that gaf about your interests and gtfo of here
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
Inequality.

I was more or less the smallest but always liked to be amongst the tall ones...and I was always a voice that couldn't be ignored.

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
MI university days till now... Papi secondary school or Arab among my church members, cause I look like an Arabian with my curly hair then... MI cos he is my favorite artist, I love him so much no gay

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by bravehost4u(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
Asaro... it was not funny though but I had to accept the name las las. In my sec sch days

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Angelfrost(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
baralatie:
Make I pack here dey read some pipu lie

Normal levels na!...

Waiting to here people claim they were called:

Scorpion
Casanova
Wizkid
Davido
Babanla
Capone
Messi

...And other pathetic lies! tongue
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Ayoslimzy(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
Nepa
cause of my height and skinny body
They said I can easily disconnect nepa wire from the poll

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Twrdy(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
tetralogyfallot:
Sodium
Be like you sabi chemistry then
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by LIGHTROOM: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
Chidimba:
Mine started way back in pre nursery or primary school. My school proprietress was yoruba and she always pronounces my name Shidi (in stead of Chidi). So any time my mum comes around to ask after me she will say 'Shidi is OK'. My class mates heard and tot she said Shidi so ke. In yoruba it means open your yansh. My people na so the name follow me all through primary and secondary school.

So how are you doing now shidi so ke

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Dagger111(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ponmo is mine. sad
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by fantastic1: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Justin the explainer. I could breakdown very difficult concept in such a way that a 10year old could understand. This made some lecturers to actually hand over their course materials for me to take my mates. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Bastard1stborn: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Parmar
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by omoyeni37: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ajasin, when i was schooling in ondo state, being that my name is Adekunle, baresi when i was in lasu

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by OfeNmanu(f): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Pepeye cry

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Khaleesi4lyf(f): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Obogobogs grin Obogs 4 short. In UDSS uniport I was a new student and my uniform was oversized coupled with I was a bit bulky so my classmate Fortune Akuru nicknamed me...

Fortune God no go forgive you sha grin

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Khaleesi4lyf(f): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
OfeNmanu:
Pepeye cry
chekeleke cheesy
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Penywise(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Shadow
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by Liodins: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Watin u want use am do
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by abiodunadex001(m): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
A'Square,as in A²
Reason been that,first name start with A and surname A

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by EgusiShankly: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sugar Boy ( in primary school)

Macaulay ( in secondary School)
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by PlayerMeji: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2022
Freed fighter
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by SoapQueen(f): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
Dobchinsky.....

And it was because I was always bumping into Literature Class while my Arts colleagues were studying the "Government Inspector" by Nikolai Gogol.

Funny thing is that some of my secondary school mates still call me the name till date..
Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by hope4nigeria(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
chariisGRACE:
I was given 3 minutes grin

The reason was because:

Back then in GCDC, PH, we were taking a test of which I was the first to finish the test.

On submitting the answer sheet, I went back to my sit, brought out my notebook from my school bag to check if the answers I gave were correct.

After checking them, on returning the notebook, the teacher saw me, and he asked me to come out and kneel down (he taught that I was returning my 'intel chip') grin after which 6 strokes landed on my back with instructions that I must rewrite the test.

Lemme quote him.

"Go back to your sit, tear out a sheet of paper. I give you 3 MINUTES to submit..."

From that day...

How about you, how did it start? grin
me na Oyinbo. Because my nose long like white men nose! I can see my nose clearly without closing one eye

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname In School And Why Was It Given To You? by BabaIbo: 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ruggedy Baba!

It was a unique name for the dons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% / Unilag Transcript Application / Ijaw National Academy Kaiama In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.