Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. (16696 Views)

Launching a Career in 2024: Advise a Fresh Graduate / I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advice A Confused Soul. / I'm In Love With My Boss. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Sonnobax15(m): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
undecided
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Jmichael1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cypress042:
Op edit this thread and state what's really your problem, while reading this thread my brain went void.

not only u bro....
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by eliok(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
Leave tot author=spiritualmubi post=113615705]Hello, good day Nairalanders.
I'm presently in a critical situation in my life. I really need your advice on this situation of mine.
I just feel like a looser, I am an undergraduate studying botany. In 300 level due to me deferring a semester due to a Relapsing illness (schizophrenia). I suffered from brain fog when I resumed school after the relapse and lock down. I'm 26 and I don't have any skill and don't have a degree at hand.

The reason for this is not far fetched because till date I still harbour that anger for what my Dad has done to me. When I was in Jss1 in a very good school and also doing well, he removed me and my younger brother from school and took us to a Quran memorizing Islamic school following the advice of a hausa colleague of his in his place of work.

We memorized the holy book but for me it came with it's price, I didn't even have solid memorization of the Quran self to speak. I went through hell in those two years memorizing the holy book, ranging from mental, physical and spiritual challenges, which I believe triggered the schizophrenia am suffering from today. After the graduation ceremony from the Islamic school he enrolled me in conventional secondary school into Ss1 which means I never attended Jss2 and Jss3. Had episodes of relapse of the ailment am suffering from after then twice apart from the first occurrence after my memorization of the holy book. I believe that if I was allowed to continue my education back then I would have been a graduate by now and even working and must have gained financial independence
Presently my mum brought the idea that we should meet a Sheikh who is a saint of God, regarding my issue of not being able to read, assimilate let alone retain, the Saint said that I should defer a session, that is a year so that he will pray for me that there is a good spirit standing beside me that needs to be dissolved into my system, which (the spirit) is as a result of a spiritual book, litanies I read that my father gave me.

So now I don't have any skill, my Father has no source of income whatsoever, he doesn't earn any salary, he only has ND, the money we are even feeding on presently is a contribution by BOT of a foundation he founded to buy a house for its Islamic school.

I started learning photography during the lock down but left it for no tangible reason. My Dad insisted that I should learn shoe mending, that it is easy to learn and get small small change, I started it but had to leave it when I faced the challenge of sowing and polishing shoes, I don't just like the work.

Presently am been pressured by my parents to get something doing to be getting money because even to eat once in a day is a problem for us now, and to buy the drug am living on which enables me to sleep but believe me I'm at loss of what to do, should I go back and learn photography as a skill or should I find a job, like a company that can employ an Ssce holder. Cos the former needs start up fee and also need time for me to master it before talking of getting money from it.

Secondly, regarding my academics, I am thinking of using this one year or two years which I would defer to gain financial independence and mental well being, then rewrite jamb and apply for my original passion which is medicine and surgery but hmm, am already in my late twenties, so please Nairalanders help a confused soul.

Sorry for the long write up, just had to say everything.
Thanks, any contribution is welcomed I am really in a critical situation.[/quote] leave the anger you have. I know it's not easy but that's the first place to start healing.
2. You are very wise , you will find the truth Soon. Keep searching for it. There are no two good spirits just one. Keep seeking for the truth.

3. Finally, your health first. Help your self. if you think you need to help your family now , you are wrong.
When you get yourself, you can help them later.
4. Lastly, find a good friend and live with. From there, get anything doing to fend for yourself. You will meet the truth Soon and he will set you free.
All the best.
PS. Leave the anger and move on

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by AntiWailer: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
hold on.
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Tunji50: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
spiritualmubi:
Hello, good day Nairalanders.
I'm presently in a critical situation in my life. I really need your advice on this situation of mine.
I just feel like a looser, I am an undergraduate studying botany. In 300 level due to me deferring a semester due to a Relapsing illness (schizophrenia). I suffered from brain fog when I resumed school after the relapse and lock down. I'm 26 and I don't have any skill and don't have a degree at hand.

The reason for this is not far fetched because till date I still harbour that anger for what my Dad has done to me. When I was in Jss1 in a very good school and also doing well, he removed me and my younger brother from school and took us to a Quran memorizing Islamic school following the advice of a hausa colleague of his in his place of work.

We memorized the holy book but for me it came with it's price, I didn't even have solid memorization of the Quran self to speak. I went through hell in those two years memorizing the holy book, ranging from mental, physical and spiritual challenges, which I believe triggered the schizophrenia am suffering from today. After the graduation ceremony from the Islamic school he enrolled me in conventional secondary school into Ss1 which means I never attended Jss2 and Jss3. Had episodes of relapse of the ailment am suffering from after then twice apart from the first occurrence after my memorization of the holy book. I believe that if I was allowed to continue my education back then I would have been a graduate by now and even working and must have gained financial independence
Presently my mum brought the idea that we should meet a Sheikh who is a saint of God, regarding my issue of not being able to read, assimilate let alone retain, the Saint said that I should defer a session, that is a year so that he will pray for me that there is a good spirit standing beside me that needs to be dissolved into my system, which (the spirit) is as a result of a spiritual book, litanies I read that my father gave me.

So now I don't have any skill, my Father has no source of income whatsoever, he doesn't earn any salary, he only has ND, the money we are even feeding on presently is a contribution by BOT of a foundation he founded to buy a house for its Islamic school.

I started learning photography during the lock down but left it for no tangible reason. My Dad insisted that I should learn shoe mending, that it is easy to learn and get small small change, I started it but had to leave it when I faced the challenge of sowing and polishing shoes, I don't just like the work.

Presently am been pressured by my parents to get something doing to be getting money because even to eat once in a day is a problem for us now, and to buy the drug am living on which enables me to sleep but believe me I'm at loss of what to do, should I go back and learn photography as a skill or should I find a job, like a company that can employ an Ssce holder. Cos the former needs start up fee and also need time for me to master it before talking of getting money from it.

Secondly, regarding my academics, I am thinking of using this one year or two years which I would defer to gain financial independence and mental well being, then rewrite jamb and apply for my original passion which is medicine and surgery but hmm, am already in my late twenties, so please Nairalanders help a confused soul.

Thanks, any contribution is welcomed I am really in a critical situation.
First address your mental well being and capacity
Get sources online probably Google and and you will know the next step because the issues was affected by your mental capacity

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Folafikemii: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
It's quite unfortunate to read all these challenges you going through. Pls don't be mad with Ur dad. He probably thought he was doing you some kinda good.

Now that you are aware of yourself and situation, make a conscious and deliberate effort to adjust your life. First of get on a skilled job now considering the family financial situation. Any job at all to earn some money. After that is done you can think of going back to school.

Lastly, there is no such thing as spirit associated with learning holy book. Though I'm not a Muslim but if you carry that mentality too, you will keep suffering that relaps. So pray to God for divine direction. Peace.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by GUNITGuy: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
You can still studt medicine it would pay off inthe long run....
Pray and keep praying
Your prayers will be answered
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Bosenan: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
a
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bro, I feel ur pain.
I have met quite a number of people with the same challenge as yours here in the north, seems it's a common practice here.
Sadly, most of this men grow with this believe and instill it in their children. Alot of children from age 4 don't go 2 school, except their quaranic school 'islamiya'(don't know if I got it correctly).

My advice;
U have to forgive urself 1st, then ur dad and accept whatever that has happened, u have to see it as it is (the past) which no amount of thinking and regret can bring back.
Next, like ur dad suggested, look for a menial job that can solve ur present need (food), example of this job is, rice loaders in the Central market in ur area, or maison server I'm a construction site(that's if u have the strength), or u can work for a factory like pure water or big production factory (this too requires strength).
After working for a few months, u can save to learn a skill or go back to school
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by determination26(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
How can someone overhaul himself physically and spiritually
TechNana:
is your brother having same or similar iyvsues?? Even Abit?

What you/ytou guys need right now is total and complete overhauling, both spiritual and physical...!

After that, restart the last process that gave you tangible progress...

You should start seeing positive results before December...

Remember this, make sure you overhaul completely before you begin reform...!
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by 2blessed01(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
Never give up in ur prayers bro...E DEY PAY
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cha E!

So Sorry @Poster

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by We4all: 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
SHINJA:
Why do memorization of the Quran always have side effects some times,three of my friends are facing this same issue...

No wonder all terrorists are Muslims...

God bless southsouth and southwest

I swear, it’s not a good idea. Thee is a little girl if five that I know. Since she started memorizing the Koran, she has started predicting people’s death like someone who is obsessed.

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by clinician2x: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
You cannot study medicine and surgery. It is not for people like you.

Secondly, denounce that usless Islam religion, they have already ruined your life. Denounce the useless Allah and Muhammed all those stupid things they made u recite

Then accept Jesus Christ into your life, find a Bible believing church and join and u will have a breathe of fresh air. It will take some time but you will be happy you did.

At this stage, you are defeated but not destroyed. Accept this light and it shall be well with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by Westernequinox: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
It is a critical time to seek answers to understand the circumstances and the only way to do so is seek God, you need not meet any man of God to say, the simplicity of prayers is that he listens and answers without the burdens of religion/so asks genuine questions and tell him to show you the truth
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by simplesearch: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
I sincerely sympathy with your situation. However the only sure way out of your current predicament is a wholehearted surrender to Jesus. Confess your sins to God, Repent of them all, accept him into your life as your Lord and personal saviour, and be willing to follow him at any cost. That's the sure route to both the spiritual and physical ailment you're experiencing and its attendant torment.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by dontrulee: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
It's alright.
I understand your plight perfectly.
Yes, I had schizophrenia and I ended up studying Medicine and Surgery and became one of the best students. I can help you out if you don't mind, but the problem is I don't have enough time.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by chukwuibuipob: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
sad
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by ibechris(m): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
U don't have any problem but religion.

Until u start seeing this religion your father foited on u as an albatross,then u will regain your freedom quickly and speedily.
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by nedekid: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Cypress042:
Op edit this thread and state what's really your problem, while reading this thread my brain went void.
Someone says he is schizophrenic and you want him to edit and state his problem clearly? You serious so?

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by nedekid: 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Chai, Nigeria as a whole ie country, parents, weather, gov etc kills dreams undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by chatinent: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Omo, bro, you need to take a break before it turns into depression.

Can we talk about it elsewhere?
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by MissionaryArchi(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
erico2k2:

you have passed the 1st test.U identified you got a problem 2nd step is to do smthing about it.U got a phone and internet use it.
He just did, so do yours
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by francium001: 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Firstly, I really don't think you have schizophrenia because people who have it don't even agree they have a health problem let alone agreeing to having schizophrenia. But when you stated of having tried to do some things but stopped without any good reason I believed you are having the symptons.

The most important thing is that you know you have a problem that needs urgent remedy, so my advice is that you try as much as possible to treat yourself and have a sound mental health before any other thing because if truly you have SCHIZOPHRENIA you will end up trying so many ideas that are coming to you without having anything tangible from them and you might even be surprised that you might still drop out of school and not graduate without any good reason to that effect.

So in general treat yourself first before any other thing will follow.

I still doubt that you are the person having this issue because those who have rarely agree they even have a problem let alone Schizophrenia
Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by DKM123: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
I am sorry you are facing this challenges.
First of all, remove medicine abd surgery from your plans. Your mental health cannot withstand the rigorous stress that comes with it. Complete your botany instead and at least have a graduate certificate. You never can tell when it will be useful.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. by musicwriter(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
spiritualmubi:
Hello, good day Nairalanders.

Thanks, any contribution is welcomed I am really in a critical situation.

Sorry about that. But your father is your number one problem. He's much like my father when I was younger.

When I finished secondary school, my father advised me to learn carpentry, despite that I was the best student in the whole school, despite that many teachers who knew him came to our house several times and advised him to never joke with my education. Well, I told him I wanted to go to school and nothing else. And that's where my problem with him began.

My so called father advised my uncles (his direct brothers) not to fund my education. And that's how I ended up in Lagos to fend for myself. Me and mother tried to get a scholarship and all that but wasn't successful. From then on, I decided that I was going to educate myself and be better than anyone else because I already did that in primary and secondary school. I spent most of my money in those days buying books at Ojuelegba. I read everything I can lay my hands. Even now, if I am walking down the road and see a bookshop, I'll likely go inside and flip through one or two books. And I'll just feel at home.

Do you know why my father was doing all that? He was scheming for me to inherit his jazz enterprise when he gets old!! Jazz that I already understood as a child was a mental work. I eventually proved to him at his old age that jazz was indeed mental. "The all is mind, the universe is mental".... the Kybalion.

I don't want to waste your time cause I'll end up writing an epistle. What I'll tell you from experience is to avoid your father like a plague if you want to succeed in life cause he's a big obstacle to your success.

Note: Now, I am not saying that your father is deliberately looking to destroy your life. No, he's not. Rather he's just a fool.

Finally, of course, I am not describing a wicked father but this was a polygamous African family with all it's politics and feud among members. The type of stuff you see in Nollywood.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Use My Life Savings To Learn Solar Installation? / Alagbon Ayomide, An Eksu Graduate Making A Living From Shoemaking / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.