Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard (46079 Views)

Buhari Reappoints Media Aide Bashir Ahmad Who Lost APC Reps Primary / How Osinbajo Lost Polling Unit / Breaking: APC Shifts Presidential Primary - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2022
CuteEmma:
Being a good king-maker doesn’t translate to being a good king. So, being a president is not just about being tough at politics, right?

Ps. The responsibilities begin after elections.

And? He was a senator and he was a governor. And he did perform well, so I don't get the need to salaye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 8:57am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
You are free to think however you wish.Most of Those delegates just like PDP delegates are corrupt... Simple.

But he jumped at the offer of VP from that "corruption" you are harping on. You get sense? Why the double standard? If he was truly a saint he wouldn't have accepted an offer from "corrupt" people. PYO is no saint. Stop fooling yourself. He lost because he is not the choice of the party and obviously has absolutely nothing to offer judging by how messed up the economy is right now under his watch as a failed VP. Nobody needs a failure as President. Stop wailing, he doesn't deserve to be President, not in the least way and he knows it. Let him go and lick his wounds in the classroom where he belongs or better still open an Ice cream stand.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2022
No one is talking about your "bottom line". The discuss is " why Osinbajo lost"
To boot, Osinbajo showed he wasn't Tinubu's slave like other "stepdown transformers"
maasoap:

Whatever that you need to tell yourself to make you sleep at night, we're okay with it. The bottom line is that Tinubu won and Osibanjo lost.

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
He doesn't need anyone's sympathy, my brother.
Those delegates were not thinking about loyalty, na money concern dem.

The same money wey Osinbajo dey find by vying for the post of President.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Biodun556(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2022
bjtinz:
Abeg you guys should save all the long yeye analysis. Tinubu won because of his deep pockets and largely corrupt, hungry delegates. End. There was no way Osinbajo could match the dollar rain

My real concern is people, youth in particular are already looking forward to a Tinubu presidency (nightmare!!!) This is someone I could barely make out what he was saying during the acceptance speech.

Seriously, What is WRONG with you Nigerians?

Sigh ☹️

Jonathan spent trillions of naira to win 2015 election but lost out. It is not just about money, knowing the right people to use and having the party leaders on your side matters a lot. Buhari didn't have money in 2015 but used plenty people like Tinubu and they secured victory for him by God's grace.

So it's not all about money.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2022
Really? I never knew
Digmygold:

The same money wey Osinbajo dey find by vying for the post of President.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2022
Angrymode:
It's simply shows that the delegates are sold to the highest bidder on cash and other rewards.

The worst part is the majority of voters are no better than party delegates. Woe to Nigeria!

You are still 'blind' and naive brother. Even the greediest delegates have leaders they respect and are in awe of.

When some of you reduce what we just saw to bribing of delegates alone, I laugh and cry for Nigeria because it shows we have a worthlessly arrogant and ignorant educated class with their heads in the cloud.

One of Tinubu's main strenght is that he never loses his connection to the street and ordinary Nigerians despite being elite royalty in Nigeria. The most elite even.

Yet some of you arrogant lot, with your modest achievements, are totally disconnected from the reality of Nigeria and ordinary Nigerians.

Many Nigerians , from politicians to ordinary Nigerians on the streets, regard Tinubu a hero and winner who has fought many battles to emerge victorious.

The psychological wiring of human beings will always predispose them, whether political delegates or Mama Sikira the agbo seller, to believe in and follow such a man.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 9:03am On Jun 09, 2022
festacman:
Contrary to many people's thinking, I don't believe Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's political career is at great risk for contesting against his mentor Asiwaju Tinubu. Having been VP, the only position to aspire to is President and there is nothing stopping from doing that in future. There is no 100% assurance Asiwaju Tinubu will win the presidential election. So, Osinbajo just needs to tarry, keep being himself, building goodwill and network across Nigeria.

Talking about Osinbajo betraying Tinubu, what do you use to describe what Ganduje did to Kwankwanso, what Amaechi/Wike did to Odili, what Oyetola did to Aregbesola, what Tambuwal did to Wammako, what Udom did to Akpabio, etc.?

The fact is that there comes a time when someone needs to take a bold leap of fate in life regardless of other people's opinions. However, one must courageous to the consequences of such bold move if goes south.

Tinubu will be there for 8 years by then PYO will be frail and old at 74. I guess he would have to go lick his wounds at his ice cream stand.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 9:04am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
Really? I never knew

Sense is needed.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by bmsteady(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:

As in, I shock as I read this part.

Before nko?

Mean you know the fact today

Do you think success will just comes by accident?
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 9:13am On Jun 09, 2022
I stopped midway into your post because you can't appreciate simple issues.
Did it occur to you they called him because they needed his services and because Buhari needs to convince Nigerians of his anti-corruption mantra?Apart from the religious reason, Tinubu would have been a wrong representation of anti corruption
Digmygold:

But he jumped at the offer of VP from that "corruption" you are harping on. You get sense? Why the double standard? If he was truly a saint he wouldn't have accepted an offer from "corrupt" people. PYO is no saint. Stop fooling yourself. He lost because he is not the choice of the party and obviously has absolutely nothing to offer judging by how messed up the economy is right now under his watch as a failed VP. Nobody needs a failure as President. Stop wailing, he doesn't deserve to be President, not in the least way and he knows it. Let him go and lick his wounds in the classroom where he belongs or better still open an Ice cream stand.

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2022
Digmygold:

100% corect talk. Osinbajo is a young man in political age. Those who believe in him should stop shouting.

Osinbajo supporters should get behind him and help him to bounce back bigger and better as others, like Buhari, have done.

Same. Way we Tinubu fans, in good and bad times, stuck behind Jagaban because of our unshakeable belief that he is the best and most transformational politician in Nigeria today.

Osinbajo fans should now rally behind their man, if they truly believe in him, and prove to all he is an independently sagacious politicians and not an accidental creation who rode on the back of Tinubu, he later betrayed, to get where he is today.

Fakers always get found out but real OG's endure to continue winning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 9:14am On Jun 09, 2022
bjtinz:
Abeg you guys should save all the long yeye analysis. Tinubu won because of his deep pockets and largely corrupt, hungry delegates. End. There was no way Osinbajo could match the dollar rain

My real concern is people, youth in particular are already looking forward to a Tinubu presidency (nightmare!!!) This is someone I could barely make out what he was saying during the acceptance speech.

Seriously, What is WRONG with you Nigerians?

Sigh ☹️

Stop deceiving yourself, Tinubu already won even before it came to votes and money. We all saw that.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Oyinlade07(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2022
inoki247:

lol you people still don't get it remove money naturally how many people av Osinbajo helped wey u know or don hear abt....

And naturally the delegates knows is easy for them to lobby and get a job from Tinubu dan Osinbajo doz people that step down for him he can promise dem ministers without him paying dem...

Tinubu as even helped Politicians across Border not only in Nigeria buh u people still don't get it remove money pata pata e go still win cos his easy for him to help dem dash dem post like pure water....

Apart from Osinbajo going to share 10k and snap pictures up nd down to come nd post online with added filter and blowing English up nd down without been realistic..

u don know anyone wey Osinbajo don help politically or just any help pass all the church people wey e go pack put as aide.....
That's what some people don't know.. They will just open their mouth here and be saying nonsense comment.. How many people has Osinbajo bought Coke for since he became VP.. Has he ever hosted any of the the delegates during Easter or Muslim celebration?? What structure does he have?? Does he connect with the grass root?? Quote my words if Obi has 3 million votes I will do give away of 10k to the two people that save this comment.. I was called all sorts of names... U don't win with grammar.. You win with structure.. Tinubu has foot soldiers all over the Geo political zone.. Some people are even ready to take bullets for him.. How many can do that for Osinbajo?? I so much love your comments unlike some idiots who will just type nonsense on this forum..

1 Like

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by maasoap(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2022
tollyboy5:

Be decieving yourself. Money is the major factor

The coast was already clear, money came in at a later stage. Even the attires worn by the delegates told you where they belonged to.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by CHAQUR: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2022
Samunique:
Just look at the bold !

To his credit, Tinubu has organized political parties at the local, state, and national levels, since 1993. A reputed national leader of the APC, Tinubu’s political influence transcends Nigeria.

He was instrumental in the election that brought in former President Jacob Zuma and President Nana Akufo-Addo in South Africa and Ghana, respectively.

BAT now offers political consultancy services... Southeast politicians should be his next client.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by BabaO2: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

Keep consoling yourself everything is about cash and bribes. Losers do that. I.e make excuses for their losses rather than consider that others may be better and deserve credit for their talent and ability.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by BabaO2: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
He lost because APC delegates are corrupt...SIMPLE.

There are contestants that have defeated their benefactors in the past.

The important thing is, he stood to be counted.
Oga what are u talking, you can't divorce money from politics, no aspirant that didn't spend money on delegates including Osinbajo, to be a delegate is not a selfless service. Osinbajo lost because he has no structure. His sycophancy about buhari didn't help him, buhari and his cabals didn't reciprocate his loyalty and sycophancy instead they preferred Lawan a northerner over osinbajo, adamu played buhari's script by announcing lawan as consensus candidate, but Tinubu thwarted it with his capacity, sagacity and structure, even there was a well advanced plan by mamman daura buhari's nephew to bring jonathan, just in an attempt to play sw and Tinubu out, but Tinubu was ready to play dirty was the joker.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

100% corect talk. Osinbajo is a young man in political age. Those who believe in him should stop shouting.

Osinbajo supporters should get behind him and help him to bounce back bigger and better as others, like Buhari, have done.

Same. Way we Tinubu fans, in good and bad times, stuck behind Jagaban because of our unshakeable belief that he is the best and most transformational politician in Nigeria today.

Osinbajo fans should now rally behind their man, if they truly believe in him, and prove to all he is an independently sagacious politicians and not an accidental creation who rode on the back of Tinubu, he later betrayed, to get where he is today.

Fakers always get found out but real OG's endure to continue winning.

Spot on.

God bless you for your wisdom and for not having that annoying bandwagon mentality of many Nigerians.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Digmygold: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
I stopped midway into your post because you can't appreciate simple issues.
Did it occur to you they called him because they needed his services and because Buhari needs to convince Nigerians of his anti-corruption mantra?Apart from the religious reason, Tinubu would have been a wrong representation of anti corruption

Now that they don't need his "incompetence" any more he can get lost and go and lick his wounds. He is no saint otherwise he wouldn't have allowed his "saint" self to convince Nigerians about anyone's anti-corruption mantra. He was in on it for his own selfish interest too.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by inoki247: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2022
Oyinlade07:

That's what some people don't know.. They will just open their mouth here and be saying nonsense comment.. How many people has Osinbajo bought Coke for since he became VP.. Has he ever hosted any of the the delegates during Easter or Muslim celebration?? What structure does he have?? Does he connect with the grass root?? Quote my words if Obi has 3 million votes I will do give away of 10k to the two people that save this comment.. I was called all sorts of names... U don't win with grammar.. You win with structure.. Tinubu has foot soldiers all over the Geo political zone.. Some people are even ready to take bullets for him.. How many can do that for Osinbajo?? I so much love your comments unlike some idiots who will just type nonsense on this forum..

Bro abg jus leave dem Lawal when he wan become the SP we know as e dey go meet Tinubu to lobby with him and Yahaya Bello sef when he was on the verge of loosing is re election during Oshiomole time na still Tinubu he go meet u don see any crisis going on the Party or wanting to elect a leader or solve issues in the party wey dem call Osinbajo before.....

People think is about money sometime is about what you can give and can offer when you get there.....
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2022
You just alluded to the power of money in politics.
Abeg, wetin be "structure" without doling out money to your supporters?Forget, the tori about structure. Politicians don't have permanent friends but interests.
BabaO2:

Oga what are u talking, you can't divorce money from politics, no aspirant that didn't spend money on delegates including Osinbajo, to be a delegate is not a selfless service. Osinbajo lost because he has no structure. His sycophancy about buhari didn't help him, buhari and his cabals didn't reciprocate his loyalty and sycophancy instead they preferred Lawan a northerner over osinbajo, adamu played buhari's script by announcing lawan as consensus candidate, but Tinubu thwarted it with his capacity, sagacity and structure, even there was a well advanced plan by mamman daura buhari's nephew to bring jonathan, just in an attempt to play sw and Tinubu out, but Tinubu was ready to play dirty was the joker.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Lightorder: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2022
laughitall:
he has supporters all over the country ! Don’t stress ! Jagaban2023 Is Assured
really ? You are the manager of his support all over
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by derecho(m): 9:39am On Jun 09, 2022
Baba, no be person die na.
Calm down and pray that Tinubu go beyond the APC primaries
Digmygold:

Now that they don't need his "incompetence" any more he can get lost and go and lick his wounds. He is no saint otherwise he wouldn't have allowed his "saint" self to convince Nigerians about anyone's anti-corruption mantra. He was in on it for his own selfish interest too.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Lightorder: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2022
davodyguy:

This is what I told someone on Twitter.

Buhari's body language favoured a northern candidate. If he wanted Osinbajo, he would have announced
it is not rocket science to know. If he is real and sincere about swinging south, he would have picked Osinbajo . Mrs Buhari bluntly and vehemently refused to join in giving the flag to Tinubu . That is the reflection of the body language of the north including buhari. There will be a lot of back and forth, defection and anti- party within these months to the election . Atiku, a moslem , a northerner and an in-law

2 Likes

Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Duru009(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:
Kikikiki...so those voted Tinubu were his loyalists?
Forget, political structure... Money swayed the delegates

My brother, if you don't have Political structure nothing for you. Money plays a key role YES. But if you don't a strong structure delegates will chop your money and vote someone else.
TINUBU started building his presidential structure as far as 2019 immediately after the last general election......
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by chymeze: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2022
Tradegood:
hm
I thought they, Osinbanjo and Tinubu, planned that he, Osinbanjo should contest so that some people will not say Tinubu only won because he did not allow Osibanjo to contest.

Osinbanjo shouldn't have betrayed Tinubu naa, chai! It is not good.

From Fasola, to Ambode to Aregbesola to Osinbanjo, e no good.
Tinubu will finish pulling his political weight to bring you people out from oblivion to limelight una go begin drag shoulder with am. E no good.
Learn servanthood if you want to be great.

Tinubu is a good man.

I wanted Jonanthan to win 2nd term then even though I wondered why he was not listening to Obasanjo to step down (he should have listened to OBJ).

Tinubu made mistakes and Buhari made sure he dealt with him but Tinubu loves Nigerians. He is good at heart.

Thank YOU Heavenly FATHER for bringing smiles to the faces of Nigeria today.
The spirit of depression was lifted off our land today by Tinubu's victory. We are happy. Thank YOU LORD JESUS.

Demonic days are over in Nigeria in JESUS name, amen.

It is statements like these that make me realize that Nigerians really deserve what they're going through. So even after 7 years of a disastrous regime, someone can still push for a man who couldn't even flip open his speech paper? People still choose on the naive basis of tribal and ethnic sentiments rather than what such a one can offer? I'm surprised you could overlook someone like Osinbajo and push for a man who couldn't even walk without stumbling! That's how people were saying even if Buhari has only NEPA certificate they'd vote for him over Jonathan. Today I really hope they're enjoying the mess and NEPA certificate economy they chose. It's really shameful that people still haven't learnt. I'm not Yoruba but of all the candidates I would have voted for Osinbajo 100 times over Tinubu
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by edungene7: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

Keep consoling yourself everything is about cash and bribes. Losers do that. I.e make excuses for their losses rather than consider that others may be better and deserve credit for their talent and ability.
yr slavery mentality is top notch after sharing looted funds to delegate to grab votes what else did he do better than osibanjo? was it the untitled poem he was reciting with shaky hands
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Besk: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:

You lot from the SadEast are as dumb as can be. Your own delegates voted for people from other zones and you still hold others responsible for your problems!

Shame on you. Continue living your lives filled with hatred and watch those you hate prosper while you continue to get lower and more useless in life.
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by 2016easy2017: 10:19am On Jun 09, 2022
Truth is; he believed only in his and his pastors prayers and believe whatever they dream is from GOD.

HE GOT 2 OPTIONS TO CONTEST WITH.
1. DIGNITY
2.CONSTITUNAL RIGHT

he chosed 2.

But he go 2 options of 2.
1. Doing it honorably.
2. Doing it constitutionally (rudely)
He wronged here. Chosed 2. Almost said he never benefited from Tinubu
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by Angrymode: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2022
Dsalvo:

You are still 'blind' and naive brother. Even the greediest delegates have leaders they respect and are in awe of.

When some of you reduce what we just saw to bribing of delegates alone, I laugh and cry for Nigeria because it shows we have a worthlessly arrogant and ignorant educated class with their heads in the cloud.

One of Tinubu's main strenght is that he never loses his connection to the street and ordinary Nigerians despite being elite royalty in Nigeria. The most elite even.

Yet some of you arrogant lot, with your modest achievements, are totally disconnected from the reality of Nigeria and ordinary Nigerians.

Many Nigerians , from politicians to ordinary Nigerians on the streets, regard Tinubu a hero and winner who has fought many battles to emerge victorious.

The psychological wiring of human beings will always predispose them, whether political delegates or Mama Sikira the agbo seller, to believe in and follow such a man.

There is white, there is black as well as other colours in-between. The case of delegates being bought by money is as clear as black and white. Most Nigerians sadly respect money, especially the street ones and commoners like you pointed out. This is why people like Atiku and Tinubu will pay their way to the top and look down on the same people with disdain and act with impunity. I guess your head is buried in the ground. Congratulations!
Re: Why Yemi Osinbajo Lost APC Presidential Primary - Vanguard by DOD88: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2022
derecho:

Are you still contending against the beautiful analysis why Tinubu won? People like you cannot never learn anything thing good. Your hatred for Tinubu will continue to blindfold you not to see anything good. Continue your lamentations until Tinubu is sworn in next year May. God bless Tinubu. Haters are blinded!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"SPDC Forcado 48 Exportline Bombed At 3am" - Niger Delta Avengers / Reception Ceremony For The Arrival Of COVID-19 Vaccines In Nigeria (Pictures) / Lai Mohammed Slams FFK & Fayose, Warns Nigerians On Fake News Regarding Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.